CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

Yeah not to say anything against spencer but I'm much more afraid of chun li. I just can't seem to punish anything she does. Btw I also HATE when crescent scythe comes out.

Anyway a lil late but ggs option and yume from previous nights.

[quote name='option.iv']Looks at location... Yeah, no thanks. I can make my own MK flipbook.[/QUOTE]

Going to play Mortal Kombat Mythologies I see?

[quote name='Frank Deluded']Yeah, sometimes I just hate misusing the X-Factor so I end up forgetting about it and dying instead. Man, Chun-li is flat out scary, 2 air dashes and insanely quick. She reminds me of those classic sidescroller games where you fight an enemy and they just move 10 times faster than you do. Too bad she does shit damage and dies with a with a slight breeze.[/QUOTE]I'd rather burn it and get rid of a char that's giving me issues or saving my own char than end up losing the match because I wanted to "cheap out" and save it. The only problem with chun is her low stamina, otherwise she's all sorts of schmexy. I've had to deal with 2 high speed - low stamina chars on my team and while dormammu is pretty awesome, he can't usually deal with much rushdown (though w/ a lvl 3 x-factor and 5 level bars he can bring the pain :lol:)

[quote name='F Bomb']Yeah not to say anything against spencer but I'm much more afraid of chun li. I just can't seem to punish anything she does. Btw I also HATE when crescent scythe comes out.

Anyway a lil late but ggs option and yume from previous nights.[/QUOTE]If I can make spencer work on my team it'll be all the better for me cause of the stamina and damage output he has. Haha that would explain why Chris seems to die against my Chun everytime ;). At least you rarely make that mistake, half the time I do it in the air and end up eating a combo that kills me ><

GG's to the both of you, it always takes me a little bit of time to get into your rhythms and then things get wild :hot:

[quote name='Frank Deluded']GG's F Bomb. Your Ammy is niiiice.[/QUOTE]
GGs FD. those were really fun matches.
lol i don't usually get complimented on my ammy for my tendency to spam her shuffle :(. I gotta say though that i really like that avengers thing you got going. You made them look top tier or at the very least made me look low tier lol. Also kudos on that corner lock-down in the last match. I had no idea how to get out :hot:

Isn't her shuffle the regular combo starter though?

Yeah, I like that set up where you're flying in the air, do the tackle from the front and end up right above me and cross up with the big blue sword. /noob terminology

and thanks for the compliment but I still think my team needs a ton of work. I'm just barely grasping the whole team chemistry and regular bnb's in general and yeah lately I've been on a comics kick so I stay with the Avengers even though Thor is ass.

Thats cool that your into the comics. I'm just glad i get to face characters i don't normally see. But like you were saying there is always room for improvement and I think that stands for everybody. I know my team still needs work too. Anyway her shuffle is the lights show hyper that fills up the screen and I dont think it starts any combos that im aware of but i could be wrong.

Oh, nevermind then. I was thinking of that combo where you mash H like 4. :cold:

Yeah, I need to hit the lab with Captain America to learn the shield combos with lighter characters.

I love reading this thread and seeing some of the vids you guys post. I am still horrid at SSF4 and MVC3 which I think is in part to getting used to the stick.

ggs yume, I don't think i'll ever get used to ur team. u have too many good reads with dorm. speaking of which i've been meaning to ask how do i get out of that dark tower special dorm has. It seems like u can repeat it without me being able to dash out.

GG's F-bomb, I must say that I HATE YOUR X-23 SO MUCH, your rushdown is just ridiculous, you make mine look like a noob is playing her >

Sorry, maigoyume, I left my PS3 on to download the "Welcome Back" stuff and didn't see your message for a long ass time. I don't play MvC3 anymore, though. I'll pop it in every once in a while if a friend asks, but we play it very casually. I'm still doing my same day 1 combos, lol.

Ah no worries buddy, was wondering since you either don't reply back or are busy with other things. I'll keep that in mind in the future :)

Thanks for the advice yume. I guess I always die because instead of blocking I always try to get out :(. Also I'm surprised you feel that way about my x-23. I do think she is one of my stronger characters but i don't think i do anything much different than yours.

Now that AE is almost out i'm thinking that i want to give makoto a shot. Can anyone tell me her AE buffs or how she is played differently?

[quote name='F Bomb']Thanks for the advice yume. I guess I always die because instead of blocking I always try to get out :(. Also I'm surprised you feel that way about my x-23. I do think she is one of my stronger characters but i don't think i do anything much different than yours.

Now that AE is almost out i'm thinking that i want to give makoto a shot. Can anyone tell me her AE buffs or how she is played differently?[/QUOTE]

Makoto
- Crouching Light Kick has more range.
- Standing Light Kick is Kara Cancelable during its start up animation. The Kara Karakusa is possible again.
- Crouching Hard Kick hit box extended out in front of Makoto, and the hittable box has been lowered slightly, making it easier to use as an anti air.
- Crouching Hard Punch has slightly more active frames.
- Toward + Light Punch has a 3 frame startup (formerly 4 frames).
- EX Hayate (Dash Punch) now breaks armor and has a slightly faster start up.
- Opponent can no longer do a quick get up after Makoto connects with a Hard Punch or EX Oroshi (Overhead Chop). It's more useful now in resets and wake up situations.
- Fukiage (Upwards Punch) when Makoto's arm is fully extended, the hittable box from her chest up has been almost completely removed. Downward attack box has been extended as well, so there are now almost no situations where it trades or is stuffed. It still can't hit grounded opponents, though. The start up for all versions has been improved so it's more useful than it is now.
- EX Tsurugi (Axe Kick) is now like Cammy's EX Cannon Strike, in that it can be done very low to the ground, i.e. an Instant Axe Kick. It takes practice, but since it is a 2-hit special that makes grabs whiff and hits as an overhead, it'll be more interesting to use in offensive/defensive situations.
- Ultra 1 damage distribution has been changed. It still does the same total damage, but you will see the difference during combo damage and damage scaling based on life left. Apparently, this should result in it doing more damage.
- Ultra 2 has a faster startup time making it easier to counter Fireballs with.
- Makoto's stamina is now 1,000, which is the average stamina rating in the game.
- Forward and back dash are faster, total animation frames were decreased.
- Now a combo such as a Level 1 Hard Punch Hayate (Dash Punch), Focus Attacl Dash Cancel, Crouching Light Kick (and other stuff) into Light Punch Hayate is possible, because of the changes to her Dash speed. Mixing this in with her Grab and Choke (Karakusa) makes this a powerful grab or hit tool.

Wow that is a lot more than i was expecting to get. Let me say how grateful i am by apologizing because most of it will probably go over my head. I've never been good with frame data or just street fighting game meta in general but from what I can tell it does look like they made her much better. I don't think I'll be any good with her but I'm going to try :D. There are some things in there that I had misconceptions about. I thought she already had instant axe kicks in super and I just sucked too much to get them to come out and I thought they had made fukiage hittable from standing in AE. So its good to know all this info upfront. I really appreciate it, thanks.

Maybe its just because you use assists to pin me down so that she can get in, but everything you do to me seems to land without fail. Which is why I'll usually pump everything out to eliminate her first.

I'm a 3s player for life, SFIV just feels too loose for my liking. That and the "poor man's parry" focus attack is just lame, the parry system made fireball spamming a thing of the past.

[quote name='F Bomb']Wow that is a lot more than i was expecting to get. Let me say how grateful i am by apologizing because most of it will probably go over my head. I've never been good with frame data or just street fighting game meta in general but from what I can tell it does look like they made her much better. I don't think I'll be any good with her but I'm going to try :D. There are some things in there that I had misconceptions about. I thought she already had instant axe kicks in super and I just sucked too much to get them to come out and I thought they had made fukiage hittable from standing in AE. So its good to know all this info upfront. I really appreciate it, thanks.[/QUOTE]
Start with a basic character first. To play Makoto effectively, you need to understand meaty timing, frame data, hitbox data, meta game, etc.

Dropping Sakura entirely, even though she's very viable in AE. Looking at Fei Long, Sagat and Ibuki right now, will probably take two of them seriously from now on.

So hyped, it's like playing a different game after sticking with a main for two years. Also looking to switch to an octogate, or at least try it out.

Edit: Done! Convinced a random player to do it finally.

Anyone with MvC3 want to help me get my last character vs character achievements? Don't usually care about achievements, but just so happened I ended up close to getting a platinum through normal play.

Need to play one game only. We can do some matches afterward if you want too.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wants to have an AE lobby tomorrow (assuming it comes out), let me know. My Psn info is in the spreadsheet. Preferably beginners and/or east coast, but anyone is welcome!

YESSS, 3sOE with GGPO!

edit: Hmm, the game doesn't seemt o be confirmed for PSN... NOOOO!

edit2: Nvm, I think it's been confirmed for both a while ago, just the trailer didn't have a psn logo for some reason...

Last edited by a moderator:
So someone said that only AE players can play each other. IS AE going to be a standalone game because I thought you could just upgrade if you had Super

[quote name='bjstucker']So someone said that only AE players can play each other. IS AE going to be a standalone game because I thought you could just upgrade if you had Super[/QUOTE]

It is going to be an upgrade, but they're splitting it into AE and Super players. Like, to get the balance changes, you have to buy AE and can only play others who bought the AE upgrade. You have the option to change your game to the Super balance to play other Super players.

[quote name='j-cart']3s characters got the boost in AE.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if they all did. I'm not up on the changes but all I know about ibuki is they nerfed neckbreaker damage, which is fine. Maybe she got some buffs too or it's just a single case of 3s char nerfs. As a scrubby ibuki I'm just glad ryu got nerfed, but it kinda worries me that ken moved up the tier list. Idc if they are good or not, just make them less spam friendly I guess.

[quote name='distgfx']There never was an HD TTT as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

"Just to clarify this is a remastered HD version of Tekken Tag Tournament that came out sometime ago, not the upcoming Tekken Tag Tournament 2. "

from the article

[quote name='bjstucker']"Just to clarify this is a remastered HD version of Tekken Tag Tournament that came out sometime ago, not the upcoming Tekken Tag Tournament 2. "

from the article[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's a remastered HD version of Tekken Tag Tournament came out sometime ago. Meaning Tekken Tag Tournament came out a while ago and this is a remastered HD version of it. Tekken Tag Tournament was never in HD as far as I know.

should be getting this will def be up for some fights this weekend (SF:AER) after I get some time with Yang if anyone is down add me up.

Look who is gonna return come October. This time with a full movelist.

mature.gif

[quote name='Paco']Look who is gonna return come October. This time with a full movelist.

mature.gif
[/QUOTE]

Atleast she didnt get Chun-Li legs like Athena did :(

Shoutouts to fbomb playing with me in AE when no one else is on. Good games man. Great stuff with Oni. You have pretty solid keepaway with his st.fierce and st.fwd fierce? Oni's berserker slash(ground crossup) gets me everytime :cry:. Last match was really funny, lol. How did Seth's ultra 1 not hit. Interesting...

ggs esper. full screen ultra ftw!!! lol but seriously i can't believe that happened. I really should have lost that one. They must have nerfed seth's ultra i guess. Anyway you really took all those matches convincingly but that's expected from you. I really like that makoto of yours makes me want to play her more but option's right. I'm not ready for a character like her. I also realized that most of my damage came from poking. I need to learn more oni or maybe just switch to dalsim lol.

Oh and sry about the lag near the end. It started storming and that usually messes up the internet for me. I figured it was time to call it a night since it would just be laggy but hopefully we can play again sometime.

[quote name='panzerfaust']any tips on linking fei's lp to rekkas? so hard =[[/QUOTE]
It's a cancel, just have to do it really fast.

d+LP, df, f+HP

Also, going from st.lp to cr.lp you have to link it not chain it. There's a specific timing if you want to cancel into rekka after cr.lp. Not too fast or too slow.

I'm really hating how they changed inputs for Yang's rolling kicks and teleports. I understand that the rolling kicks is more "dragon-punch" like, but it messes us 3S players up.

Especially when, SF3:OE comes out, now I have to switch mentality again. Yargh.

I'm going to try to switch to another mid-tier or so character for SSFIV:AE. El Fuerte's nerf with his guacamole leg throw (as in, it's not as good as a wake up escape option) before is a bit of a killer. He now only has...run backwards, maybe EX version to avoid damage? Gah.

ggs yesterday option. I don' know why you put with my scrubbiness for so long but i enjoyed the long set.

I have done nothing but lose since I bought AE but I'm enjoying street fighter more than I have before. I like using Oni but I'm having trouble figuring out how to play this game though. Every time I try to punish moves that I think are unsafe I just get grabbed or dp'd.

Option plays by the rules of frame data. So he knows what he can do after a block string, what counter-hits, etc. You need to make sure you can mix him up as well. Figure out your character's positives and work from there.

bread's done
Back