CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

gg anthem(?) nd esper, sigh 50 games online nd no wins at all.

anthem, I hate tron (lol) always seem like I could use a shoryuken but I never seem to use it right. also which way do I block x23 ammy cross up? I think I tried both ways but it didn't seem to work.

esper, I just hate all ur characters(lol). I kinda got the feeling u were going easy on me, at first I tried to avoid but later I just got frustrated. I'm not sure how to block magneto's overhead nor what to do against wolvy

[quote name='F Bomb']Oh well remember where u made a joke about ur typo being a mistranslation. That made me laugh which is why I added u. The message was pretty much just my approval of said comment somewhere along the lines of "well played good sir".[/QUOTE]

trade9455_MAXIMUM%20BROFIST.png

GGs to dejeckt, axc, and option.

dejeckt - To deal with Magneto's overhead (flight cancel), push block his cr. H(slide) right before the Mag overhead. If I'm approaching you with this (cr.L, cr.M, cr.H

[quote name='distgfx']
trade9455_MAXIMUM%20BROFIST.png
[/QUOTE]
TO THE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXX!!!!!:whee:

Frank-I wish I was good enough to give real advice but I will agree that against strong rushdown like esper u need to lame it out a bit until u can figure out how to strike. Once esper is in there make no mistake he IS in there so u need to keep him out the best u can so that doesn't happen. That generally applies to anyone with strong rushdown. I know I'm not really saying much but its the best I got ;)

Esper-I just want to clarify one thing the about whole push blocking thing. Not to go agaisnt u or anything but would that actually work? Wouldn't the increased block stun give u enough time to dash up and grab them to start a huge combo or am I just over thinking it?

[quote name='option.iv']Great games Frank.

Also good news guys, keep it coming. So many fighting games. We we we so excited.

also, welcome to the thread maigoyume. I'm always down for mvc3 anytime, anywhere.[/QUOTE]Thanks, we'll get some matches in this week for sure, I'll add you guys on thurs.

[quote name='distgfx']Trust me, he is.

Hell, if he had a g/f, he'd stop bangin' her mid-way just to play MvC3.[/QUOTE]Couldn't he just, you know, bang her WHILE playing ;)?

Looking forward to some great matches, hopefully everyone enjoys my rather unorthodox team :)

[quote name='maigoyume']Couldn't he just, you know, bang her WHILE playing ;)?[/QUOTE]

No, it would distract him, he wouldn't finish his Tron combos.

Yeah, I'll be like "Gravity Squeeeeze!" and she'll be like "HOHOHOHOO". Best fantasy ever.

Now about pushblock. You can beat it by just dashing through.

For example, Sentinel.

Do a telegraphed (obvious so they block and pushblock) air S and dash when you hit the ground. If you immediately st.L cr.M the block stun from air S is so great they can't jump yet and are stuck on the ground having to block high low mixup. Then all you have to do is hit confirm and have a field day.

Though there is a counter to this...

This situation doesn't work with Tron because her fastest ground move is 7-8 frames. The opponent will jump out of stun even if pushblocked. So she's better off repeating jump H/S.

Do you have to sign into Google to type on the spreadsheet? Can't seem to enter any info on the MK one (I'm in IE, so maybe that's the issue?)

[quote name='GodlyOne']For whoever bought MK today, here's a code for Ermac's classic costume.

R9D6-KDNQ-NR7M

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Code didn't work. Shouldn't their be another string at the end of this?

[quote name='kburns10']Code didn't work. Shouldn't their be another string at the end of this?[/QUOTE]

It's a PSN code, not an XBL code.

[quote name='GodlyOne']It's a PSN code, not an XBL code.[/QUOTE]

:( Darn. As you can tell, I don't have a PS3 lol. Thanks for sharing, regardless! Are you not interested in the costume?

[quote name='kburns10']:( Darn. As you can tell, I don't have a PS3 lol. Thanks for sharing, regardless! Are you not interested in the costume?[/QUOTE]

Haha no problem. I got the Scorpion costume and just didn't want the Ermac one.

[quote name='GodlyOne']For whoever bought MK today, here's a code for Ermac's classic costume.

R9D6-KDNQ-NR7M

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Wow I was honestly not expecting it to work since I never have luck with these giveaway stuff thanks alot :p

[quote name='kburns10']Do you have to sign into Google to type on the spreadsheet? Can't seem to enter any info on the MK one (I'm in IE, so maybe that's the issue?)[/QUOTE]
Thanks, fixed the spreadsheet, can now be edited. Kinda funny too since this is the ps3 thread.

fbomb - Whoops, my mistake. I was wrong. You're right, and option's right as well. Good thing you brought that question up. I really didn't think it through. I just wrote it on the fly and went to bed, lol. Then I read your post, and I was thinking about our match (x23 vs wolverine). I push blocked your dive kick (talon attack?) in the corner and got blown up by decapitating slice (leap throw) or dash up magic series.

Anyways, I'll try to put down marvel for now
hopefully I can resist the mahvel crack
, gotta focus on socom and mk9. Yay.

[quote name='option.iv']Yeah, I'll be like "Gravity Squeeeeze!" and she'll be like "HOHOHOHOO". Best fantasy ever.

Now about pushblock. You can beat it by just dashing through.

For example, Sentinel.

Do a telegraphed (obvious so they block and pushblock) air S and dash when you hit the ground. If you immediately st.L cr.M the block stun from air S is so great they can't jump yet and are stuck on the ground having to block high low mixup. Then all you have to do is hit confirm and have a field day.

Though there is a counter to this...

This situation doesn't work with Tron because her fastest ground move is 7-8 frames. The opponent will jump out of stun even if pushblocked. So she's better off repeating jump H/S.[/QUOTE]
So for how long is a person in block stun and how can i tell if my move is fast enough to beat the pushblock. If 7-8 frames is too slow does that mean the move needs to be withing certain frames like 4-6 or something?

[quote name='Esper']fbomb - Whoops, my mistake. I was wrong. You're right, and option's right as well. Good thing you brought that question up. I really didn't think it through. I just wrote it on the fly and went to bed, lol. Then I read your post, and I was thinking about our match (x23 vs wolverine). I push blocked your dive kick (talon attack?) in the corner and got blown up by decapitating slice (leap throw) or dash up magic series.

Anyways, I'll try to put down marvel for now
hopefully I can resist the mahvel crack
, gotta focus on socom and mk9. Yay.[/QUOTE]
Being right doesn't exactly make me feel good because it means I still need to find a way stop the overhead but i'm not worried about it right now. I bought a psn card to buy arcana and I should have enough left over to get AE dlc when it comes out so hopefully that will keep me occupied for now but I'll still be playing marvel.

so if anyone wants to add me up for arcana feel free but word of warning I can only really play fighting games at night since the internet is usually taken up during the day or else its just a lag fest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Record bot to jump in H or S. Dash, and st.L or cr. L, whichever is faster. Then playback and block it and pushblock and hold up back. You'll see if you are able to get up off the ground before they st.L or cr.L.

It all depends on the jump in and how fast your ground follow up is.

[quote name='option.iv']Thanks, fixed the spreadsheet, can now be edited. Kinda funny too since this is the ps3 thread.[/QUOTE]

Haha you are totally right! I'm so hyped to find people to play with I didn't even look at the system in the title! At least I was able to help with the spreadsheet :lol:

Alright, sent invites to

Option-iv
uraizen
FrankDeluded
F-Bomb78
Esper15
ANTLP89
dejeckt

I'll be on for the next hour or so, msg me if you're game.

GG's to F-Bomb78, man we had some good matches.

I knew I was in for trouble when I saw your amaterasu, hate okami shuffle with a PASSION and you play a pretty awesome x-23, mine is nowhere near as good. Chris was okay, he usually didn't last too long to make much of a difference :D but overall excellent games bro. Look forward to playing against you in the future.

[quote name='maigoyume']GG's to F-Bomb78, man we had some good matches.

I knew I was in for trouble when I saw your amaterasu, hate okami shuffle with a PASSION and you play a pretty awesome x-23, mine is nowhere near as good. Chris was okay, he usually didn't last too long to make much of a difference :D but overall excellent games bro. Look forward to playing against you in the future.[/QUOTE]
ggs yume, lol u make it seem like I actually put up a fight. sorry i wasn't too much of a challenge but don't worry i'm actually pretty low skill level wise around these parts so you'll find better matches from others here. nonetheless it was fun playing and I look forward to playing again.

oh and yeah Ammy as anchor has always been iffy with me. once she outs I usually get pretty desperate and I just random hyper all day lol I have no shame :D Regardless u may hate ammy but not as much as my new found hatred for dormammu. seriously great play with him I had so much trouble trying to get in but I probably shouldn't have run into so many flame carpets to begin with lol. On a side note I can't believe chun legs hit behind her too that's crazy!

[quote name='F Bomb']ggs yume, lol u make it seem like I actually put up a fight. sorry i wasn't too much of a challenge but don't worry i'm actually pretty low skill level wise around these parts so you'll find better matches from others here. nonetheless it was fun playing and I look forward to playing again.

oh and yeah Ammy as anchor has always been iffy with me. once she outs I usually get pretty desperate and I just random hyper all day lol I have no shame :D Regardless u may hate ammy but not as much as my new found hatred for dormammu. seriously great play with him I had so much trouble trying to get in but I probably shouldn't have run into so many flame carpets to begin with lol. On a side note I can't believe chun legs hit behind her too that's crazy![/QUOTE]You did fine against me, there was a ton of back and forth as well.

You just need to be more aggressive with ammy since she is a rushdown char. Dormammu has tons of lag on almost every attack so I need to be anticipating all of YOUR moves in order to make him effective, but yes flame carpet does help tremendously and I have played him long enough to be decently effective :lol:. But damn man, your x-23 is ridiculous as a point char, I was just throwing junk out there just to get rid of her. Chun's legs have a weird spot where they hit behind her, its not often it works but when it does it usually saves her bacon, actually I've combo'd a sentinel assist to death from behind chun before :applause:

GG's to Point iv as well. That is one mean tron you got there, that jumping H has way too much priority + range. Oh and I hate your tag in combo with zero, its pretty much full bar DEAD. Ah well, I'll figure out some way around it, thanks for the matches guys.

thnx for the tips esper, guess the only viable strategy for me is to play keep away with rush down characters.

I'm having a lot of difficulties adjusting to the stick, my execution had improved at the cost of mobility and reaction. Is there any good way to set up training mode to sort of over come this? I'm thinking of recording dr. doom spamming beams and sort of doing a weird regiment of jump ropes (how do you record the dummy in mvc3?).

[quote name='dejeckt']thnx for the tips esper, guess the only viable strategy for me is to play keep away with rush down characters.

I'm having a lot of difficulties adjusting to the stick, my execution had improved at the cost of mobility and reaction. Is there any good way to set up training mode to sort of over come this? I'm thinking of recording dr. doom spamming beams and sort of doing a weird regiment of jump ropes (how do you record the dummy in mvc3?).[/QUOTE]

when u go into training mode go the button config menu. if u cycle through the options u should find record and playback and then u assign them to some buttons. Since ur using a stick i suggest u assign them to L1 and L2 or whatever works best for you.

Speaking of which thanks for the earlier tip option. I've been using it to figure out the advance guard timing.

should have included throw/dash option select
hit forward/backward H ~ (L or M or S)

throw comes out, if not, you dash

good for a bunch of air dash chars, like mag

another option select (kind of) for characters that jump and do special moves in the air, like ryu tatsu you can do forward H then cancel before the H comes out into tatsu, it will grab people, if not tatsu comes out
so, kara air f+H (or b+H) into special

on a different topic, why are some tiger knees so hard? can't get spiderman's tiger knee overhead to come out consistently

[quote name='maigoyume']Alright, sent invites to

Option-iv
uraizen
FrankDeluded
F-Bomb78
Esper15
ANTLP89
dejeckt

I'll be on for the next hour or so, msg me if you're game.[/QUOTE]

As soon as PSN is back up, I will show you what's hood.... but not really. :cold:

[quote name='Frank Deluded']As soon as PSN is back up, I will show you what's hood.... but not really. :cold:[/QUOTE]Make sure you pack your bags, cause you're gonna be riding the pain train :hot:

[quote name='anathema728']should have included throw/dash option select
hit forward/backward H ~ (L or M or S)

throw comes out, if not, you dash

good for a bunch of air dash chars, like mag

another option select (kind of) for characters that jump and do special moves in the air, like ryu tatsu you can do forward H then cancel before the H comes out into tatsu, it will grab people, if not tatsu comes out
so, kara air f+H (or b+H) into special

on a different topic, why are some tiger knees so hard? can't get spiderman's tiger knee overhead to come out consistently[/QUOTE]
I'm just covering something that hasn't been addressed as much and is simple to do. In this video, I'm trying to emphasize the importance of the inability to call for assist during throw animations. Those o-s's were already covered in srk threads already and were pretty much a given (considering things like Chun li leg spammers and people who try to advance guard everything even if not hit). Maybe if I have time, I will.

Yea it is getting pretty bad. normally i wouldn't mind but i haven't even been able to play people at my school. During the downtime i tried to make a video too but the quality was too poor it didn't seem worth it. I have no idea how option makes his video look so good.

Despite my earlier comment I went ahead and made a video anyway. I know there are a few x-23 players here and I hope someone finds it helpful. Warning its in poor quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maigoyume']Make sure you pack your bags, cause you're gonna be riding the pain train :hot:[/QUOTE]

Darn! I can't believe PSN is still down.

But when it's up. You better be able... to write that check that your ass can't cash? :cold:

I finally got MvC3 the other day and Im loving taskmaster but it has been made clear to me that Im going to have to bite the bullet and get a fight stick. Problem is Im broke as hell and cant afford a new one at full price. I was thinking of building my own(I have a friend who is good at woodworking so I dont need to worry about screwing up the box.) but I figured I would reach out here and see if anyone had a stick they werent using and would want to sell to me. I know some people have an addiction to buying and hording sticks so let me know if your willing to work something out. Thanks guys, and look forward to getting trounced by you all when PSN goes back up.

[quote name='OlDirtyBastard']I finally got MvC3 the other day and Im loving taskmaster but it has been made clear to me that Im going to have to bite the bullet and get a fight stick. Problem is Im broke as hell and cant afford a new one at full price. I was thinking of building my own(I have a friend who is good at woodworking so I dont need to worry about screwing up the box.) but I figured I would reach out here and see if anyone had a stick they werent using and would want to sell to me. I know some people have an addiction to buying and hording sticks so let me know if your willing to work something out. Thanks guys, and look forward to getting trounced by you all when PSN goes back up.[/QUOTE]

MvC3 isn't too bad on pad, really the only game that really seems to need a stick is Streetfighter. If you can play that on pad props to ya. One thing though if you're looking for cheap sticks make sure you know it'll work, I almost bought a Hori that stopped working after the one of the updates.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']Darn! I can't believe PSN is still down.

But when it's up. You better be able... to write that check that your ass can't cash? :cold:[/QUOTE]Well..............you fight like a cow:booty:

[quote name='cliqueatnightvandal']MvC3 isn't too bad on pad, really the only game that really seems to need a stick is Streetfighter. If you can play that on pad props to ya. One thing though if you're looking for cheap sticks make sure you know it'll work, I almost bought a Hori that stopped working after the one of the updates.[/QUOTE]

Thats funny because I was playing SF4 on a 360 dpad and had to stick to gief and vega because of it. The problem is my hands are too big, especially for the 360's tiny buttons. I have always preferred the arcade stick for any game it can be used for but I have never had the money to get one so Im really trying to make it happen this time.

Damnit f-bomb, I wanted to watch your x-23 video again. You have the link? You ninja-edited it out a couple days ago. :cool: I wanted to pick up on some x-23 shenanigans so I can have an edge over her. And bigups to option making frontpage srk again.

I haven't touched marvel in 2 weeks. Been in that mk grind training mode, optimizing combos. Catching up on backlog games too.

edit - I recognized that beat in your video, f-bomb. It's the underwater mix to this right? Air Gear OST - Chain. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SvqxkBm-js
Yes, I was a weeaboo back then watching anime and stuff. Anime overtime just got so boring, I stopped watching it altogether. Never looked back since.

sry esper i took it down. i showed it to a friend who plays marvel to get his opinion and me told he couldn't tell what was going on half the time. I figured i should take it down before i started getting trolled for how bad it was. So no advantage for you lol besides i figured that might happen so i didn't put out everything i know in there. Even then thats how i play offline. i can never pull off that stuff online.
yea air gear is one my favorites. sry for being a weeaboo lol I don't watch it as much as i used to but i do still occasionally watch some if i like it.

Yeah i wanted to ask how is everyone liking mk? I hear the netcode isnt that good but i've seen some videos and looks fun.

Mortal Kombat is cool.
It's full of content - story mode, test your luck matches (fun to play with a set of rules and conditions given to you by a slot machine. i.e. - power ups, enhanced speed on uppercuts, and other crazy stuff), challenge tower (it's boring, but it gave me something to do during psn's downtime. Plus, it helped me get a better understanding of every individual's moveset), krypt (unlocking alt costumes, music themes, art, fatalities), and tag team mode (2v2 is a blast to play amongst your friends; it's fun plugging four arcade sticks in a fighting game).

Character models (Lots of underboobage from the female cast when they're beat up), stages, and fatalities look great.

Gameplay - I like the juggle system. It's like 2d tekken. *shrugs* In this game, you have to input your 'target combos' as fast as possible for them to come out. Also, canceling target combos into specials is little bit weird. (You have to input the special move during the 3-4 hit target combo animation) Its going to take awhile to get used to the mechanics, but once you get the hang of the game, it feels fluid.

The only gripes/or annoyances I have with the game - training mode settings go back to default as soon as you go back to character select screen or main menu. Another gripe is button configuration, the only way you can change button layout is to go through options on the main menu. And lastly, the negative edge window. I get 'x special move' on accident where I want 'y special move'. I'm getting used to it though.

I'm liking MK as well. Being a total anti-single player person, I reluctantly started some story mode... I loved it so much, I made it all the way up to Cyber Sub-Zero and am proud to say I'm going to switch from Noob to Cyber Sub-Zero. Although I want PSN to be up again, the offline Mortal Kombat is enough to prevent me from going insane.

Also I LOL'ed so hard at one point in the story:
When you beat Shang Tsung with Kung Lao and he says "Earthrealm is free-!" only to get his neck snapped. Earthrealm is free alright, hahaha.

earthrealm is free lol

I actually got a chance to play it today at school. i couldn't figure out how to juggle really but i did okay(spamming grabs, uppercuts, and low kicks) but i mostly lost. It does seem cool but i don't think i'll b buying it any time soon. Your right esper. Everyone was having a blast on 2v2.

On a side note i played some marvel. I was doing pretty good considering I didn't bring my stick because I didn't have enough room. Then comes in this guy who plays dante, sent, wesker and he teleports all day into mixup with sent assist. Offline I can block pretty good so I was doing good blocking his pressure but then he would go for a throw. Even if i teched sent drones hit me. In the end I lost 3-1 and that was one of the worst sets i've had. I want to face him again and win but i don't really know how to get around that. Anyone got any tips?

snap in sentinel
beam special when you hear assist, cancel to super if teleport will hit you
keep moving through the air over sentinel drones
avoiding drones means avoiding the pressure means avoiding the mixup

put your own pressure since sentinel is easily punishable, drones disappear when you hit him
still playing x23? x23 catches so many assists with dive kick, you can wall jump over drones

some players will be smart and cross you up right after calling sentinel assist, making it a bit safer, so sometimes jumping back towards sentinel is better, maybe tag a hit on him to clear up drones

Yeah i sadly still play x-23 along with chris and ammy. Which means i don't have a beam special, i cant catch sent because he spawns behind the other character, and i can run away but then i can't get in since he runs away throwing projectiles whenever sent drones aren't in. I know it would much easier if I played chris on point since his magnum goes through almost everything and hits the assist but I like playing x-23 on point for dhc glitch since it kills nearly everyone in one combo. I guess im just screwed over the match up since i can't get in properly. I think ur right though avoiding the assist does mean i avoid the mix up. I think i'll have to make that my top priority.

bread's done
Back