CAG PSN Gamesharing #5 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group and Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure we have narrowed down the possibilities it's only a matter of time before we figure out who it is, and I understand why breakfuss is mad because it seems like we are more worried about who gets the 2 slots rather than finding out who tried stealing the account and maybe screwing multiple people..

Something like this can't be condensed to PMs. It involves too many people.

If there's really a problem with having it discussed here, then a group should be formed for those people both involved (and interested?) so that discussion can take place there.

I personally don't have a problem with it. If anything, hopefully having this whole thing be public cautions people to make sure they know who they're working with and take preemptive actions to assure this doesn't happen again (or at least to them).

I have no problem with this open discussion either as long as there is no accusing anyone without concrete evidence. I know some people here even indulges in the drama.

[quote name='Indignate']Just to be clear, I took a guess at the $50 price point. I believe Xtreme Legends is $40, but IIRC Empires always sold for more.

Either way, I'd rather people sign up and be happier about a cheaper price point if it's lower than think that it's $40 and be bummed out and drop if it's higher.

Anyways, looking for two more here.[/QUOTE]

If the game is $40 I'll take a resell and host. I probably won't be playing it for awhile since I haven't even finished 7 but under $15 is a sweet spot for me.

[quote name='TurkFebruary'] Nobody has come out and said "He did it!!", it's called talking over theories. It's how investigations are done[/QUOTE]

Well don't mind me, I'll be over in this corner rolling my eyes while you guys discuss your theories.

What if I told you that in my head, you're now a thief?

Now I don't honestly think that but see where your theories lead? Sooner or later we'll get accusations thrown out in public.

Hell by this point Akbeast alone has been thrown around and I'm sure his name and rep are now in the toilet. Notice how WV instantly sighed and said " Oh there goes AKbeast again " or something along those lines when it was first pointed out that the account's password was changed.

People are drawing their own conclusions on you guys because you're posting this garbage in public. Start a new thread, make a google document, hop on skype, start a private group - just DO something to keep it private, otherwise sooner or later people will begin to not trust you while also making this community seem like a giant cluster fuck of scammers.

Edit: And I'm done, it's gotten out of hand as it is

[quote name='kerouac kid']Apparently you have not bitten hard enough. Your dribble has managed to spew forth. This affects the community as a whole. Moreover, it is gameshare related.[/QUOTE]
Now I've bitten

I don't think this is ruining anyone's rep until the whole thing is over accusing someone over anyone else would be stupid for anyone in the community to do, I know it will happen but I just think it's easier to discuss this on this thread since it is the game sharing thread..

[quote name='Mageshadow']People are drawing their own conclusions on you guys because you're posting this garbage in public. Start a new thread, make a google document, hop on skype, start a private group - just DO something to keep it private, otherwise sooner or later people will begin to not trust you while also making this community seem like a giant cluster fuck of scammers.[/QUOTE]

People drawing the wrong conclusions from this discussion probably aren't worth grouping with anyways. There are scammers on the internet, always, in every community, the fact that people in this thread are trying to do something about it rather than letting it go (which it might look like if they took it private) means something.

And even if people do decide to be suspicious of everyone involved, It's a perfectly valid opinion and I'd rather they at least have this information to form that opinion rather than be oblivious to it.

[quote name='akbeast17']I'm pretty sure we have narrowed down the possibilities it's only a matter of time before we figure out who it is, and I understand why breakfuss is mad because it seems like we are more worried about who gets the 2 slots rather than finding out who tried stealing the account and maybe screwing multiple people..[/QUOTE]

I fully understand the frustration the two of you must have. However, I will not publicly accuse anyone until I have further information. That is why the majority of my inquiries relating to the theft have been executed through pms. The ownership of the the accounts has been openly discussed here because it allows for everyone to see the account tree. Anyone who views this can make an informed decision on who rightful owners are. I will fully disclose what I have discovered publicly once I feel comfortable doing so. However, I must reiterate I will not openly accuse anyone of being dishonest until I have more proof.

[quote name='Indignate']Something like this can't be condensed to PMs. It involves too many people.

If there's really a problem with having it discussed here, then a group should be formed for those people both involved (and interested?) so that discussion can take place there.

I personally don't have a problem with it. If anything, hopefully having this whole thing be public cautions people to make sure they know who they're working with and take preemptive actions to assure this doesn't happen again (or at least to them).[/QUOTE]

Hopefully this episode will positively serve the community moving forward. The effect of something such as this only needs to negatively affect a few, but it can benefit many. Usiyami has already posted valuable information on how we can work together to avoid situations like this. A little more time is needed before this is sorted, but rest assured a resolution will occur.

[quote name='Mageshadow']Well don't mind me, I'll be over in this corner rolling my eyes while you guys discuss your theories.

What if I told you that in my head, you're now a thief?

Now I don't honestly think that but see where your theories lead? Sooner or later we'll get accusations thrown out in public.

Hell by this point Akbeast alone has been thrown around and I'm sure his name and rep are now in the toilet. Notice how WV instantly sighed and said " Oh there goes AKbeast again " or something along those lines when it was first pointed out that the account's password was changed.

People are drawing their own conclusions on you guys because you're posting this garbage in public. Start a new thread, make a google document, hop on skype, start a private group - just DO something to keep it private, otherwise sooner or later people will begin to not trust you while also making this community seem like a giant cluster fuck of scammers.

Edit: And I'm done, it's gotten out of hand as it is

Now I've bitten[/QUOTE]

I think the only conclusion people are drawing here is that you're acting like a self-important tool. This is a community and past sniping problems have always been successfully solved through similar methods. None of the vets here will so easily throw out an accusation without their reasons. Even if they did, people aren't so sheep to not be able to think for themselves.

In fact, by posting all the information for the public to see freely, that empowers them to see the merit in the eventual banning of the deemed culprit. There are plenty of places to go for your gamesharing needs, but I'm sure CAG has the least scammers around precisely because we work as a community to root them out. Posting about it publicly has the secondary effect of showing anyone else who is thinking of scamming that we as a community won't just let a scammer go free. We will find them and we will get justice.

Update: The phantom has been claimed. I am working it out right now and then I will post who received it.

I need to take a small pause from all the sniping conversation. I know this might sound ridiculous but fettmaster was nice enough to purchase a phantom share of Crysis 2 for someone to have for free.

However, no one has talked to him about it so now he has put me in charge of finding that lucky person. I need someone to PM me if they would like a FREE phantom of Crysis 2

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Indignate']Just to be clear, I took a guess at the $50 price point. I believe Xtreme Legends is $40, but IIRC Empires always sold for more.

Either way, I'd rather people sign up and be happier about a cheaper price point if it's lower than think that it's $40 and be bummed out and drop if it's higher.

Anyways, looking for two more here.[/QUOTE]

No worries. I want a share regardless of how much it ends up costing.

I also don't have a problem if you guys discuss it in here as long as it is civilized. I also have to agree with Usuyami that cag is much safer than other sites. A certain site that several cags are members of is Gotham in comparison.

As a little bit of interesting info, Metal Gear Rising is now on the JPN store for around $70 US and comes in at around 18.5 GB

[quote name='Usuyami']I think the only conclusion people are drawing here is that you're acting like a self-important tool. This is a community and past sniping problems have always been successfully solved through similar methods. None of the vets here will so easily throw out an accusation without their reasons. Even if they did, people aren't so sheep to not be able to think for themselves.

In fact, by posting all the information for the public to see freely, that empowers them to see the merit in the eventual banning of the deemed culprit. There are plenty of places to go for your gamesharing needs, but I'm sure CAG has the least scammers around precisely because we work as a community to root them out. Posting about it publicly has the secondary effect of showing anyone else who is thinking of scamming that we as a community won't just let a scammer go free. We will find them and we will get justice.[/QUOTE]

Well I saw this same crap over at a different site.. and was instantly put off

[quote name='Raiborg']I also don't have a problem if you guys discuss it in here as long as it is civilized. I also have to agree with Usuyami that cag is much safer than other sites. A certain site that several cags are members of is Gotham in comparison.

As a little bit of interesting info, Metal Gear Rising is now on the JPN store for around $70 US and comes in at around 18.5 GB[/QUOTE]

I think Jlazenby would be Robin or maybe Catwoman.

Hopefully they bring it over. I think it will probably be the same thing as ZOE and end up coming here a month or two later.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']I think Jlazenby would be Robin or maybe Catwoman.

Hopefully they bring it over. I think it will probably be the same thing as ZOE and end up coming here a month or two later.[/QUOTE]

Preferably Robin, although I think I would look hot with some boobs :p

[quote name='TurkFebruary']And I'm thinking Brain is The Joker and Snake is The Penguin! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I could see that. Snake definitely.

[quote name='jlazenby1']Preferably Robin, although I think I would look hot with some boobs :p[/QUOTE]

Who wouldn't.

Oh and Joseph Gordon-Levitt Robin or teenage in a cape Robin?

Well this has definitely lightened the mood just a little bit.

Can I be someone? I would like to be Harvey Dent but I don't consider myself to be Two-Faced :D

[quote name='boosted02gt']Well this has definitely lightened the mood just a little bit.

Can I be someone? I would like to be Harvey Dent but I don't consider myself to be Two-Faced :D[/QUOTE]

I found the scammer!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']You can be Rachel Dawes.[/QUOTE]

Be specific.

There's the mildly unattractive one and then there's the mildly unattractive one.

[quote name='Indignate']Be specific.

There's the mildly unattractive one and then there's the mildly unattractive one.[/QUOTE]

I'll let Brain choose which girl he wants to be, I'm not going to force him. Imo I think Katie Holmes is better looking than the other, I remember her from Dawson's Creek.

[quote name='Indignate']Be specific.

There's the mildly unattractive one and then there's the mildly unattractive one.[/QUOTE]

Maggie Gyllenhaal is nasty for sure, but you don't find Katie Holmes cute?

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']I'll let Brain choose. Imo I think Katie Holmes is better looking than the other, I remember her from Dawson's Creek.[/QUOTE]

That's not even an opinion, its a fact. That Maggie chick is hurt.

[quote name='TurkFebruary']Maggie Gyllenhaal is nasty for sure, but you don't find Katie Holmes cute?[/QUOTE]

Not all the time, no. She's cuter than Maggie though, though her acting is far worse.

And Maggie gets points for at least being sort of cute in Donnie Darko.

So they effectively get ranked about the same.

[quote name='Brainberry']Inb4 someone cries about us being off topic[/QUOTE]

Seeing as how my comment may have started this I'm going to be that person. If you're going to post completely off topic stuff at least add in something related to the thread. I know you guys may not have a problem with it but it's not fair to the members who have to sift through all of those posts to find something.

@ pancakes and the rest of the Rising group that was formed when it was plausible that it would release on psn: I'm sorry to say I've given in and ordered it online and will obviously be dropping out of the group.

[quote name='TurkFebruary']And I'm thinking Brain is The Joker and Snake is The Penguin! :cool:[/QUOTE]

lolol. im not short and fat though lol. I'll be The Riddler cause hes weird like me :)

[quote name='rams81']What would the price breakdown be?[/QUOTE]

Interested as well, what is pricing on a resell?

I have a eu Ps+ trial that can be used.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']I have one question for you though you will wait until all 3 story missions are released before deactivating the phantoms right?[/QUOTE]

Correct. Only when all the content has been released.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BioShock Infinite Season Pass (3 story packs)
- $19.99
Sellable - $6.66
1. snakemaster2389
2. Graff^
Phantom - $3.33
1. SteamboatOp(host)

2. GogetaSS4

Phantoms will have to wait until all the content has been released.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Sale/Rent:
- Papo & Yo (sellable/phantom/rental)
- Sleeping Dogs "Nightmare in Northpoint" DLC (rental only)

All sellable, phantom, and rental shares without a fixed price are offered on a pay-what-you-want model. All I ask is that you be fair minded and name a reasonable price. I'm also willing to accept trades. PM me if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have for resell:

Dishonored
Borderlands 2
BlackOPS 2 Nuketown 2025 DLC
Jak 3
Saints Row 2 (not from PS PLUS/No Expiry Date)
Bioshock 2 (not from PS PLUS/No Expiry Date)
a couple of online passes for game such as prototype 2,Assassins creed revelations,saints row 3.
some themes,dlc,etc

Want/prefer games out the following list:

PSN Cards(uk or us)
Far Cry 3
Saints Row 3
Dragon age origins
FIFA 13
Bayonetta
Mortal Kombat
Arkham City GOTY
SKYRIM DLC(Dragonborn,hearthfire) DLC must be region 2 though

or you can offer what you have

[quote name='SteamboatOperator']BioShock Infinite Season Pass (3 story packs) - $19.99
Sellable - $6.66
1.snake
Phantom - $3.33
1. SteamboatOp(host)

Phantoms will have to wait until all the content has been released. Both sellable slots will be receiving a discount regardless of if a second phantom decides to join - the price will just be raised to $8.33 (this is still a $1.67 discount from the original price of $10).

Add yourself if interested.

For Sale/Rent:
- Papo & Yo (sellable/phantom/rental)
- Sleeping Dogs "Nightmare in Northpoint" DLC (rental only)

All sellable, phantom, and rental shares without a fixed price are offered on a pay-what-you-want model. All I ask is that you be fair minded and name a reasonable price. I'm also willing to accept trades. PM me if interested.[/QUOTE]

im in for a resale of the bioshock season pass

[quote name='rams81']What would the price breakdown be?[/QUOTE]

The game itself is $45.84 and if u include the game and the three story dlcs its $70.

Urban Trials comes out around $14 and thats with the ps plus discount.

Sniper Elite v2 is only 3.7gb also.

if anyone wants to make group with Sniper Elite v2 and the three single player mission dlcs and also include Urban Trials and if someone can throw in a eu ps plus trial, then im in for a phantom.

Anyone got a DMC share for cheap? I was thinking of getting the PC version, but if someone has a slot and wants to sell it for cheap I could be swayed to just get it on PS3.

[quote name='SL4V3DOG']I have a DMC re-sell for $15

will also consider trades.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Anyone got a DMC share for cheap? I was thinking of getting the PC version, but if someone has a slot and wants to sell it for cheap I could be swayed to just get it on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Is that cheap enough?

[quote name='boosted02gt']Update: The phantom has been claimed. I am working it out right now and then I will post who received it.

I need to take a small pause from all the sniping conversation. I know this might sound ridiculous but fettmaster was nice enough to purchase a phantom share of Crysis 2 for someone to have for free.

However, no one has talked to him about it so now he has put me in charge of finding that lucky person. I need someone to PM me if they would like a FREE phantom of Crysis 2
[/QUOTE]

I messaged him an hour after he posted - yet he never got back to me?

is it still up for grabs, Ive never played the game, would love to play it.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']The game itself is $45.84 and if u include the game and the three story dlcs its $70.

Urban Trials comes out around $14 and thats with the ps plus discount.

Sniper Elite v2 is only 3.7gb also.

if anyone wants to make group with Sniper Elite v2 and the three single player mission dlcs and also include Urban Trials and if someone can throw in a eu ps plus trial, then im in for a phantom.[/QUOTE]

I was interested in this but it is way too expensive. You can pick up the disc version for $20 + shipping through amazon. It is more than $20 for the game and DLC. Just seems like this isn't a huge money saver for the people involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back