CAGLB - MLB 08 Online League - Congrats to BasketCase1080, CAGLB Champion!

[quote name='MSUHitman']Oh since I went over time Cartman decides to get a free win in a tied game then. Glad he's on my ignore list now.[/QUOTE]

Are you even being serious here? It went to the screen that said something about him running out of time. The only visible option that I had was to "hit x" which it had up on the screen. I was 9-0 in the league do you think I needed a free win? I did the only thing I knew to do there and hit x. I don't need a free chief.

I have to say I really am disappointed with the experience I've had with this league. No other online league I've been in has had these issues. I wonder if it's a PS3 user thing.

Maybe it's just because I've had problems with just two people that has soured my taste for PS3 online sports, but it's more than I usually get on 360 sports games.

What a whiney crybaby post. I run another league and have had NOTHING but good comments. I've had nothing but good comments from the other people I've played, and I have a 5 star commissioner rating in my other league.

So what's more likely to be the case, that you are being a crybaby about this because you didn't get your win, or that I went out of my way to be a dick to you? Seriously, get over yourself and play ball.

You have no one to blame for running out of time but yourself. You had FIVE MINUTES. Your first pause for 2 minutes. Maybe if you didn't pause for 25 seconds every single time you paused you wouldn't have run out of time. They have these time limits in place so that people don't get down a run in the 9th and just let the game run for two days to avoid a loss.

You are so cool for telling everyone 2-3 times that I'm on your ignore list also. Yea, that's a great way to deal with a situation. Avoid talking to the person you are calling out and use the good ole passive aggressive second-hand flaming to get me back for your poor time management.

Weak sauce.

I NEVER PAUSED FOR TWO MINUTES! I always look at the batting order to see if I need a lefty or righty ready in case I have problems. Plus every week there's a change made so I don't know who's in the bullpen.

I may of made 20-30 second pauses, but I DID NOT MAKE 1 PAUSE FOR 2 MINUTES and I wish you would quit lying.

If you're so good, why didn't you just let it play out and pitch to Pujols with a runner on first and if you got him out then see if you could score in the 9th instead of hitting the force forfeit button as soon as you could?

You and Basketcase are the only people who have insulted me, thrown at me intentionally 5 times, or had any problems with the way I've played.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I NEVER PAUSED FOR TWO MINUTES! I always look at the batting order to see if I need a lefty or righty ready in case I have problems. Plus every week there's a change made so I don't know who's in the bullpen.

I may of made 20-30 second pauses, but I DID NOT MAKE 1 PAUSE FOR 2 MINUTES and I wish you would quit lying.[/QUOTE]

I'm not even sure what there is to lie about. You ran out of a 5 minute clock in a game that takes 35-40 minutes to play.

Look at your bullpen from the starter select screen. I promise that you took around 2 minutes for your first bullpen visit because I was thinking from the beginning of the game, "christ, this guy is going to have to hurry all game."

If you're so good, why didn't you just let it play out and pitch to Pujols with a runner on first and if you got him out then see if you could score in the 9th instead of hitting the force forfeit button as soon as you could?

You and Basketcase are the only people who have insulted me, thrown at me intentionally 5 times, or had any problems with the way I've played.

I never said I was that great. You played a tie game with me through 9 innings, I can't claim any superiority over you. I FELT like I was a little bit of a better player, but that's IT. I just couldn't hit.

Again I'll repeat this, When you ran out of time the only option the screen gave me was to press X. This is a fault of game interface. I was unaware of an option that I could just "let it go" and move on. I wouldn't intentionally take a free win there if I knew there was an option. It was a hell of a tight game to that point.

I admit thinking that a few of your runs were scored on BS game animation glitch stuff, but so it goes. However, I never complained or insulted your ability.

Also, I threw at one of your guys that was like 3-3 with a HR. I do that to everyone I play. Why would you even care if I give you free baserunners? I only did that once, the other 2 times were from a tired pitcher or lag.

Don't worry so much about thinking people are out to get you. Nobody is trying to ruin your experience. I'm out there to play, have fun, and win. You just got the short end of a good game because you ran out of a 5 minute clock. So it goes. Move on.

Again I apologize for the problems we had. But I've had to set the record straight. I didn't take a free win because I was scared of you or a loss. Mine will come. In the league I host I was around 16-8 I believe.

Yeah good game. I think that 3 run shot from Konerko really was the dagger. Other than that, I think it would've been close.

We're a bit lighter this week, but we're better off for it. Here's the matchups for the week:

Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080) at Boston Red Sox (TheRock88)
Pitching Matchup: Ben Sheets vs Josh Beckett

Detroit Tigers (ruffinra) at Atlanta Braves (cartman58)
Pitching Matchup: Justin Verlander vs Jorge Campillo

LA Dodgers (fusionstyle) at Philadelphia Phillies (runpuddrun)
Pitching Matchup: Brad Penny vs Cole Hamels

New York Mets (DestroVega) at St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman)
Pitching Matchup: Johan Santana vs Adam Wainwright

Off this week: San Diego Padres (mrlogical), Chicago White Sox (Supreme), Cleveland Indians (FriskyTanuki), Colorado Rockies (RynoZebz)

I'm guessing you'll want to adjust your rotation, cartman, since you're Smoltz plan backfired.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']

I'm guessing you'll want to adjust your rotation, cartman, since you're Smoltz plan backfired.[/quote]

Yea. Just give me the default rotation. Every time I try to get a new rotation someone goes on the DL. Glavine is now on the DL and will most likely be taken off with the next update. Is this a #3 starter game? If so I need to pitch Glavine quickly. :lol:

Destro,
I can play today after 7 p.m. central, Friday after 9 p.m. central, Saturday after 7 p.m. central, or Sunday after 7 p.m. central. When do you want to play?

[quote name='ruffinra']Hey cartman pick some times that you are available, and I will try and work something out.[/quote]

Ok.

I should be available any time tomorrow.

I'm going to my mom's from saturday-wednesday. She has cable modem and I could theoretically take my PS3 and play the game there, but I'd prefer not to. I guess if we can't get the game in tomorrow then that's what we'll have to do. I'd just prefer NOT to do that.

How about a morning game tomorrow? you pick the time I am free all morning. My afternoon though I have a job interview and I have to study for my LSAT on monday. Fun Friday for me huh?

[quote name='ruffinra']How about a morning game tomorrow? you pick the time I am free all morning. My afternoon though I have a job interview and I have to study for my LSAT on monday. Fun Friday for me huh?[/quote]

Have fun with that. I took it over Christmas break.

Are you eastern time or what? I'm eastern and can do anything from about 9 on. Just let me know what you need and we will book it. Oh shit, actually I'm doing lunch at 11:30. We'll have to get it going by 9:30 for it to work.

[quote name='DestroVega']I can play tonight at 10 PM EST if that works, or sunday at 8 PM...

Friday might work but Saturday is out.[/quote]

Let's shoot for 7 CST/8 EST on Sunday then? Sorry I ended up taking a nap because I was busy and didn't see this today and some friends invited me to something tomorrow so Sunday will actually work for me this week (I usually record my podcast on Sunday's but my co-host will be at a big VS. System tourney in New York that weekend so we're recording on Monday night.)

GG, I do feel that Bobby Cox slipped the ump some money though near the end of the game. I was getting no calls at the plate and I think the final K on Cabrera was a ball. GG non the less and hopefully we meet again.

[quote name='ruffinra']GG, I do feel that Bobby Cox slipped the ump some money though near the end of the game. I was getting no calls at the plate and I think the final K on Cabrera was a ball. GG non the less and hopefully we meet again.[/quote]

Yea, that last one to Cabrera was a ball. There's no way it made it back to the plate. Low change away, no way.

GG man. That's one of the best individual games I've had on MLB. Such a chess match the whole way through. I just hope next time I face you I've got a better pitcher. I kept having to go to the well for certain pitches that you couldn't seem to get(not going to say, to save giving away a scouting report). I don't think I'll get away with that the next time we play.

3-2. Whew. I also believe I guaranteed a playoff spot with that win. With another win I'll take the division, but that's not that big of a deal since it wouldn't effect who I play in the first round anyway.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Destro just a reminder I'll see you at 7 central/8 eastern tonight.[/quote]

T-minus 4 hours... i'll be there

[quote name='DestroVega']Nice game MSU... pretty straight-forward one.[/quote]

Good game Destro. You hit everything Wainright threw and then Villone gave you problems, don't know how that makes sense :)

Only reason it wasn't a shutout was I got a lucky hit with Molina.

It's funny how I have hit the most HR in the league and I'm near the top of lowest ERA, yet I'm struggling to get any wins.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's funny how I have hit the most HR in the league and I'm near the top of lowest ERA, yet I'm struggling to get any wins.[/quote]

Interesting stat. In all fairness, you should've won against me. I'm sure you've had atleast one other game that was really close. So maybe you are losing close but winning big? Maybe?

Sorry about that, MGS4's been keeping me busy all week. Here's the schedule and tentative pitching matchups (I'll verify them a little later today):

New York Mets (DestroVega) at Atlanta Braves (cartman58)
Pitching Matchup: Pedro Martinez vs Tim Hudson

Detroit Tigers (ruffinra) at Cleveland Indians (FriskyTanuki)
Pitching Matchup: Kenny Rogers vs Cliff Lee

Boston Red Sox (TheRock88) at LA Dodgers (fusionstyle)
Pitching Matchup: Jon Lester vs Derek Lowe

Philadelphia Phillies (runpuddrun) at San Diego Padres (mrlogical)
Pitching Matchup: Brett Myers vs Randy Wolf

Off this week: Chicago White Sox (Supreme), Colorado Rockies (RynoZebz), Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080), St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sorry about that, MGS4's been keeping me busy all week. Here's the schedule and tentative pitching matchups (I'll verify them a little later today):

New York Mets (DestroVega) at Atlanta Braves (cartman58)
Pitching Matchup: Pedro Martinez vs Tim Hudson

Detroit Tigers (ruffinra) at Cleveland Indians (FriskyTanuki)
Pitching Matchup: Kenny Rogers vs Cliff Lee

Boston Red Sox (TheRock88) at LA Dodgers (fusionstyle)
Pitching Matchup: Jon Lester vs Derek Lowe

Philadelphia Phillies (runpuddrun) at San Diego Padres (mrlogical)
Pitching Matchup: Brett Myers vs Randy Wolf

Off this week: Chicago White Sox (Supreme), Colorado Rockies (RynoZebz), Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080), St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman)[/quote]

Cartman... when we ballin?

[quote name='DestroVega']Cartman... when we ballin?[/quote]

Give me a time and place. I'll be out of town this weekend at mom's. However, I'm taking my system and have played other league games with success there. I don't work and only play in a tuesday night tennis league. Other than that I'm open.

Hey just got my PS3 recently and this game today if you guys would ever need an alternate or anything let me know. Also, would any of you guys that have played with me before or at least are dependable want to get a little 8 man/league tourney together after this is done or even consecutively?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Hey just got my PS3 recently and this game today if you guys would ever need an alternate or anything let me know. Also, would any of you guys that have played with me before or at least are dependable want to get a little 8 man/league tourney together after this is done or even consecutively?[/quote]
I would be interested in another league if we can get 8 committed guys, I too didn't get in on as well.

I'm the Cubs.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I would be interested in another league if we can get 8 committed guys, I too didn't get in on as well.

I'm the Cubs.[/QUOTE]

id be interested... dibs rival brew crew :)

[quote name='DestroVega']Cartman, would today work for ya?... lemme know.[/quote]

Yea. I can be around anytime for the rest of the day. I'll try to check this thread every hour or so. So if you show up, drop a time you want to play and I'll try to be there.

I should have checked more frequently... I gotta go out to dinner now and tonight won't work.... anytime good for you tomorrow?... lemme know. Do we have till monday cause of the late start or what? tomorrow is gonna be hectic but i can get it in if we definitely have to.

[quote name='DestroVega']I should have checked more frequently... I gotta go out to dinner now and tonight won't work.... anytime good for you tomorrow?... lemme know. Do we have till monday cause of the late start or what? tomorrow is gonna be hectic but i can get it in if we definitely have to.[/quote]

I'm really not sure when the league flips for the week.

I'll be available anytime after 4:30 or so tomorrow. Tomorrow or monday I should be available 24/7.

Sorry about that Frisky, I had to help my sister change a flat today and I forgot all about her game when I went to help her

I just got back home now, I am free all day and and the rest of the week so again sorry about that. If you can't get a game in I will take the loss no problem. But, I would still like to try and get this game in.

[quote name='ruffinra']Sorry about that Frisky, I had to help my sister change a flat today and I forgot all about her game when I went to help her

I just got back home now, I am free all day and and the rest of the week so again sorry about that. If you can't get a game in I will take the loss no problem. But, I would still like to try and get this game in.[/quote]
It's okay. If you're up for a game in about two hours, I'll be on to play.

bread's done
Back