CAGLB - MLB 08 Online League - Congrats to BasketCase1080, CAGLB Champion!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I decided to give you guys the week off because I've had a lot of work this week, so the playoffs will begin on Monday.[/quote]

Who made it?.. does it show on the league site in the game?

We know for sure that Detroit, Milwaukee, Colorado and St. Louis come out of the CheapyD league for that part of the playoffs. With the Wombat league, it's a four-way tie for second place after Atlanta with Boston, Chicago, New York and Cleveland, in that order, so I don't think we'll quite know for sure until Monday, but I'm thinking that I'm the odd man out.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']I know i never got my game in.... cant seem to get a hold of cartman all of a sudden...[/quote]

I know that we are both safe in the playoffs, but L O L. You were gone for the entire week with buddies and then didn't reply to my PM and now I disappeared? Oh well. Again it didn't affect either of us and I've already been dicked out of one game, so it's all good.

Good luck in the playoffs all.

I hate to say it but I might not be able to do the playoffs I left my game at my brothers house by accident when I went to visit him in California and he is out of town now on a business trip so I won't be able to get it back for a while. I am going to try and rent the game for whenever my playoff game is but if family video or blockbuster doesn't have it I am SOL

[quote name='cartman58']I know that we are both safe in the playoffs, but L O L. You were gone for the entire week with buddies and then didn't reply to my PM and now I disappeared? Oh well. Again it didn't affect either of us and I've already been dicked out of one game, so it's all good.

Good luck in the playoffs all.[/QUOTE]

my apologies. I sent a message but figured it was a bit too late. Ah well, now we dont know eachothers play style which might make the playoffs more interesting than.

What is the style of playoffs? One and done?

Yes, you get one chance to move on. Also, you're free to pick your best pitcher for any of your playoff games.

I've rolled the league over to the playoffs now and surprisingly, Boston and TheRock88 didn't get invited to the party, despite with the standings say. Here are the schedules for the first round:

New York Mets (DestroVega) at Atlanta Braves (cartman58)
Chicago White Sox (Supreme) at Cleveland Indians (FriskyTanuki)
Colorado Rockies (RynoZebz) at Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080)
Detroit Tigers (ruffinra) at St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman)

Out of the Playoffs: Boston Red Sox (TheRock88), Los Angeles Dodgers (fusionstyle), Philadelphia Phillies (runpuddrun), San Diego Padres (mrlogical)

I'd like to thank those that did not make the playoffs for playing. To everybody else, good luck in the playoffs.

Sucks that I'm out of the playoffs but oh well, it's been a great season. Thanks for organizing this Frisky and good look to the remaining teams in the playoffs.

[quote name='DestroVega']Well Cartman.... looks like that rematch happened quicker than we expected... when's a good time for you?[/quote]

Any time my man, any time. I'm not working currently. I could play tonight if you are around or basically any time this week. I will be gone saturday and sunday. So getting it in before then would be good. Just drop me a PM of when you would like to roll.

It's going to be a challenge facing the only guy to knock me out in the first round of the playoffs. Whew. It'll be fun though. Just let me know when is good.

Good game, though that lag was horrible. Good luck in the finals.

Completely threw my batting motion out of whack, almost seemed like the lag affected the visuals but not the timing, in that I'd try to compensate for lag, but ended up swinging say too early most of the time anyway. Then my pitching fell apart with that stupid Mujica's inability to throw a good pitch.

Yeah it started off slow, but it seemed to get a little less laggy after the first couple innings. I hear ya about being thrown off though. Even if I knew you were throwing a breaking ball, sitting on it didn't really help much. Sometimes I'd press X to swing but my swing would be delayed. Either way, it was a close game. I was kinda surprised I got out of that bases loaded jam to stay up by 1. And I don't know if you noticed, but I struck out with Thome (when I stole 2nd with Dye) and kept my AB going.

Thanks for the good luck. I'll need it if I face cartman or Beacho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't look like ruffinra is going to be able to play our game as I don't know if he is going to be able to get a copy of the game in time.

I can play on Sunday, but I have to know in advance in case I plan something with my friends. Otherwise it's tonight, late Friday night, or Saturday night.

Take it Destro.

If you want to run glitch, advance on an obvious BS glitch when the ball went right through Francouer, then take it. I'm not going to waste my time if you are going to do bullshit like that run. Then later advance on a ridiculous game glitch.

[quote name='cartman58']Take it Destro.

If you want to run glitch, advance on an obvious BS glitch when the ball went right through Francouer, then take it. I'm not going to waste my time if you are going to do bullshit like that run. Then later advance on a ridiculous game glitch.[/quote]

Honestly, on the contrary, I could have scored easily when your RF didn't catch the ball and I didn't... I really didn't think I did anything wrong.

There have been other games I have played where the OF should have caught the ball and didn't... what can I do?.. run my players back to the bases and get two outs instead of one?

That was the only play in the game from my view that was any kind of glitch. Sorry if you feel like I wronged you, that wasn't my intent at all.

[quote name='DestroVega']Honestly, on the contrary, I could have scored easily when your RF didn't catch the ball and I didn't... I really didn't think I did anything wrong.

There have been other games I have played where the OF should have caught the ball and didn't... what can I do?.. run my players back to the bases and get two outs instead of one?

That was the only play in the game from my view that was any kind of glitch. Sorry if you feel like I wronged you, that wasn't my intent at all.[/quote]

Destro,

I apologize for yesterday. I was having a horrible day and family problems. Because of that I came into our game with a negative mindset and made a big deal out of things that I shouldn't have.

I didn't care for the run glitch and the outfield glitch that you advanced on, but it was still a close game 3-0 after both of those things. If I had sewn my ass on tight and got some runs off you none of those things would've mattered. However, I was in a horrible mood and let it take me out of the game and in turn the playoffs. I'm still extremely frustrated with having the best regular season record only to blow up in the first round.

This has been a solid league, and you were the only person to consistently whip my ass. Good luck to you and everyone else still alive. It's been fun.

I'm glad you posted back... I didn't want any hard feelings because I seriously wasn't trying to fuck you. The ball got dropped and I didn't score my runner because it was a glitch... but I can't run my guys back to get out...

We will meet again in the second league, good luck to you there... you are a great player.

[quote name='DestroVega']I'm glad you posted back... I didn't want any hard feelings because I seriously wasn't trying to fuck you. The ball got dropped and I didn't score my runner because it was a glitch... but I can't run my guys back to get out...

We will meet again in the second league, good luck to you there... you are a great player.[/quote]

I'm actually not in the other league. I'll be slowing my gaming down a little bit for the fall. Grad school begins in August for me. So I'll be knee deep in that crap.

If you ever want to get a game in let me know. I'd like to try to stay in somewhat form with my MLB because it's a major pain in the ass to learn how to hit again.

Good luck all that are still alive.

[quote name='cartman58']I'm actually not in the other league. I'll be slowing my gaming down a little bit for the fall. Grad school begins in August for me. So I'll be knee deep in that crap.

If you ever want to get a game in let me know. I'd like to try to stay in somewhat form with my MLB because it's a major pain in the ass to learn how to hit again.

Good luck all that are still alive.[/quote]

Hey cartman...I'd like to play you sometime man. DestroVega and I had a game in the CAG 2.0 league today and well...I beat him. Since you had the best regular season record in your guys' league, I'd like to see how I'd fair against you. I'm playing as the Dbacks by the way. Let me know if you're interested.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Hey cartman...I'd like to play you sometime man. DestroVega and I had a game in the CAG 2.0 league today and well...I beat him. Since you had the best regular season record in your guys' league, I'd like to see how I'd fair against you. I'm playing as the Dbacks by the way. Let me know if you're interested.[/quote]

I'll give you a game. However, I'm pretty out of tune at the moment. During the first 3/4 of this league I was playing in a league that I run that plays 3 games each week. So I played that one to stay tuned up and then would lay the wood here. After that league ended and nobody in this league played their games down the stretch I got out of tune hitting wise and it hasn't come back.

Anybody that wants a game that's still in the playoffs or in another league drop me a PM. I can help keep you guys still in leagues tuned up.

[quote name='cartman58']I'll give you a game. However, I'm pretty out of tune at the moment. During the first 3/4 of this league I was playing in a league that I run that plays 3 games each week. So I played that one to stay tuned up and then would lay the wood here. After that league ended and nobody in this league played their games down the stretch I got out of tune hitting wise and it hasn't come back.

Anybody that wants a game that's still in the playoffs or in another league drop me a PM. I can help keep you guys still in leagues tuned up.[/quote]

Yeah, that's the most irritating thing about creating a league...when you get people who say they want to be in it, and then just totally flake out. I know it's not life or death, but some people act like it's no big deal at all to mislead everybody and let the group down.

As far as being "tuned up", I probably play 2-3 games online per week, and then my franchise, so I guess I do get a good amount of playing in. This is like my CoD4 or Halo though. Toss me in those games and I'd get destroyed, but baseball is where it's at for me.

I tried adding your PSN name, but it told me that your name wasn't registered? Not sure what that's about, but if you want to add me, my PSN name is n8rocker82

Alright, we're now at the League Championships, so here are the matchups for this week:

Chicago White Sox (Supreme) at New York Mets (DestroVega)
St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman) at Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080)

Remember that you've got free choice of starting pitchers for the playoffs. Good luck.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']
I tried adding your PSN name, but it told me that your name wasn't registered? Not sure what that's about, but if you want to add me, my PSN name is n8rocker82[/quote]

My bad, I need to change my PSN tag. It's actually Cartman058 on there.

[quote name='DestroVega']Supreme... when do you wanna play man?

Will we have another classic like last week?[/quote]

?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Alright, we're now at the League Championships, so here are the matchups for this week:

Chicago White Sox (Supreme) at New York Mets (DestroVega)
St. Louis Cardinals (MSUHitman) at Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080)

Remember that you've got free choice of starting pitchers for the playoffs. Good luck.[/quote]

Basket,
I can play late Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. I can also play on Saturday night after 7 p.m.

I guess I do not receive your PM's because you are on my ignore list.

It would have to be really late tonight or tomorrow night as I am tied up by work tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Supreme... we got two days to play... I can't play from 4-7 on Saturday or Sunday... any other time is fine... what say you?

MSU -

We really need to pick a time to play. I work tomorrow 8-4 so pick a time after that any time and ill be on. I am in the central timezone so just pick a time accordingly.

Also, I leave for camping Sunday early... so Tomorrow is our only option. Ha, im on someones ignore list, ah well.

Pick any time and ill be sure to be on.

7 p.m. tonight then.

If you remember our previous game and conversation in this thread, that's why you're on my ignore list. Hopefully you won't intentionally hit my batters in the head 7 times since there's so much riding on this game.

[quote name='MSUHitman']7 p.m. tonight then.

If you remember our previous game and conversation in this thread, that's why you're on my ignore list. Hopefully you won't intentionally hit my batters in the head 7 times since there's so much riding on this game.[/QUOTE]

alright, im online

[quote name='BasketCase1080']alright, im online[/quote]

My PS3 copy of The Show shows you as offline, and I've backed out of and got back in the lobby 5 times now.

[quote name='MSUHitman']My PS3 copy of The Show shows you as offline, and I've backed out of and got back in the lobby 5 times now.[/QUOTE]

good game. I thought I was going to blow it with CC in the end. His control was all over the place.

Well good game Basket. If not for Pujols error then that homer by Glaus in the 9th would have given me the lead. The CPU gave you an extra out and you took advantage like you should have.

Good luck in the championship. Can't say that Glaus homer didn't get me pumped up and yelling at the tv screen, but I couldn't follow through.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well good game Basket. If not for Pujols error then that homer by Glaus in the 9th would have given me the lead. The CPU gave you an extra out and you took advantage like you should have.

Good luck in the championship. Can't say that Glaus homer didn't get me pumped up and yelling at the tv screen, but I couldn't follow through.[/QUOTE]

What error by pujols? I dont recall what you are talknig about... serious/no sarcasm.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']What error by pujols? I dont recall what you are talknig about... serious/no sarcasm.[/quote]

The ball you hit hard to the right side in the 4th that led to your runs, then homer. Pujols was there, put his glove down, but the ball went under it. Game counted it as an error, you can see it on the box score. That, with good hitting on your part, helped you score your first run, which led to the second, then the homer.

good game Supreme... you really handed my ass to me...

tried to make that late run, but I knew it would be too little too late... good luck in the finals.

Had a good season fellas... adios.

Good game Destro. No come from behind wins today. :cool:

I had a feeling you'd get a rally going at the end of the game. I knew I should've just finished the game with Vazquez like you did with Johan. That change up is such a BITCH. Thanks for another good one. If you ever wanna get a friendly match going, let me know.

We've finally reached the CAGLB Championship game and here are our two finalists:

Chicago White Sox (Supreme) at Milwaukee Brewers (BasketCase1080)

You've got a week to complete your game. Good luck to the both of you.

bread's done
Back