18 (100%)

Day 1 - Sunday Dec 13 - Tekken 6 PS3/360 $34.99
Day 2 - Monday Dec 14 - Castlevania Judgement Wii $9.89
Day 3 - Tuesday Dec 15 - Terminator Salvation 360/PS3 $9.89
Day 4 - Wednesday Dec 16 - SOCOM Confrontation (game only) PS3 $9.89
Day 5 - Thursday Dec 17 - NHL2K10 Wii $19.89
Day 6 - Friday Dec 18 - PS3 160GB Fat Uncharted Bundle $329.99
Day 7 - Saturday Dec 19 - Assassin's Creed 2 $29.99
Day 8 - Sunday Dec 20 - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (All versions, including limited edition) $29.99
Day 9 - Monday Dec 21 - Used 80GB PS3 $199.99 (was $279.99), Used 360 $74.99 (was $109.99), Used Wii $149.99 (was $179.99)
Day 9 - Monday Dec 21 - Free Sing It! with Wii Console $209.99
Day 10 - Tuesday Dec 22 - Naked Brothers Band Wii $4.89
Day 11 - Wednesday Dec 23 - SingStar Vol 2 with Mic $9.89
Day 12 - Thursday Dec 24 - Warioland: Shake It $19.89

Boxing Week Daily Door Crashers

Dec 26 - Tony Hawk Ride $99.99 and some cheap crappy games
Dec 27 - Smackdown vs Raw 2009 $4.89
Dec 28 - Hellboy $4.89
Dec 29 - Bionic Commando $14.89
Dec 30 - MySims Party $9.89
Dec 31 - AC/DC Track Pack $1.99

Last edited by a moderator:
So much for your plan of hoarding multiple copies and be "generous" enough to sell them to the rest of us who also know about the deal "at cost" eh grappos? ;)

Unfortunately couldn't find any 360 CE's but I did manage to pick up a PS3 CE for $30, and my favourite EB CSR was even willing to make a call to place a copy on hold at a different store for me. Apparently she already called a lot of the stores to find stock within 20 min of that stores' opening.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Well, I'm glad I just woke up. At least I didn't miss anything.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I guess I'll be waiting until the game goes down in price in a couple of months. Hopefully it'll be like the first one and I'll eventually find it for ten bucks or something like that.

Grabbed a PS3 CE. There were absolutely no 360 versions available since I assume it's the more popular and sought after version at launch anyway, but that's the benefit of having multiple systems. Now to googone the stupid circle stickers.

Now the 20 dollar question: should I find a cheap copy of the first game and play through that first in order to have context of how much improved this game is ...

[quote name='ass-assassin']Lots of copies at the EB across from Sherway Gardens in Toronto. Didn't see any CE's but then again I wasn't looking for them either.[/QUOTE]

All CEs in that area were cleared out. They have plenty of regulars though. Which is crap.

Here's hoping my ace-in-the-whole snagged a copy for me.

On a side note, does anyone else feel childish ordering an apple juice from a breakfast diner? I usually order OJ just to avoid sounding like I'm 10 years old. Maybe I should start ordering apple juice au francais: may I have a jus d'pomme, si vous plait? Merci!

Grabbed the last AC2 CE PS3 in Saskatoon (Midtown).

No CE for 360 but there were quite a few copies of the regular edition for both systems.

Cant wait to start this game after finals :)

Was the first person at EB in Bedford NS (which is just far enough out of the way for most parts of Halifax to be pretty dead overall), and sure enough they had at least one 360 CE (although it took them a few minutes to find it in the back). I would have been fine with just the game (was going to pick it up on Boxing Day), but this is both easier (less hysteria) and features entirely unnecessary extras, so score.

Picked up the regular edition PS3. I heard the DLC might be 1GB each I'll get it for the system with the bigger hard drive.

I must say this Christmas has been insane for cheap games.

Hey Zelda, any other copies left? (I assume you went to Kanata?)

Especially for 360?

[EDIT: Okay...my reply appeared before yours for some reason...I can predict the future!]

[quote name='Griptor']Hey Zelda, any other copies left? (I assume you went to Kanata?)

Especially for 360?

[EDIT: Okay...my reply appeared before yours for some reason...I can predict the future!][/QUOTE]

I've actually noticed that lately. I wrote something & it appeared before the thing that I was commenting on. Is it a glitch in the forums?

I didn't notice I was only there for a minute. There's no CE left.
Just call, Will is working if he has any left ask him to hold one for you: 254-7114.
Other wise try Carlton Place EB for one too.

[quote name='game_fanatic']
On a side note, does anyone else feel childish ordering an apple juice from a breakfast diner? I usually order OJ just to avoid sounding like I'm 10 years old. Maybe I should start ordering apple juice au francais: may I have a jus d'pomme, si vous plait? Merci![/QUOTE]
You fool that's not real french that's Quebecois, d'pomme lolol,

anyways the game like all ubisoft games is gonna drop in price so i'll just wait when it's already pretty down.

lol, i also just realised that he didn't try any gatineau/hull areas or kanata either. i wonder if it's possible for someone to drive to hull 2 get one maybe?

OK, seriously gamestop.ca--it's 10am PST. Let's get the show on the road. Just update the price--I don't want to wait for some more MS Paint work...

EDIT: they *do* always update the website, correct?

EDIT2: OK, I have to step away from my computer for 1/2hr, so gamestop should update about 26 seconds after I leave. Thank me later. ;)

Crossiron Mills and Deerfoot Outlet had a few PS3s, but that was it. I'm 90% sure the wife's getting me a PS3 for Xmas, but just in case if anyone in Calgary has a 360 version they'd like to trade, let me know.

Edmonton has no CE copies. I grabbed a regular edition for 360 with credit. Nit bad considering a did a T3 for one in November, got $70 back through Gaming Guarantee and now picked it up for $30. EB pretty much paid me $10 to buy it.

So wtf? Just because this sale (ACII) would generate alot of orders they decide not to post it online and just 'skip' it. But in store you can still get the sale.
Not cool gamestop.ca
Thats one strike, 2 more and your not getting any of my business again

Southcentre had a few but were all gone 20 mins after opening. Heritage didn't have any at all and Chinook had 4 copies of the CE for PS3 (3 after the one I bought).

finally, i got a copy. thanks arnoldrimmer.
the site was acting kinda funny though, the prices kept going up & down for some reason though

Huh, looks like I ended up getting it after all. I would have liked to avoid the five dollar shipping, but at least I have a game to look forward to for the Christmas break now.

Grrrrr. In stock--added to my cart--went to process order and got as far as confirming credit card. Then "not available". FU gamestop.ca.

im actually surprised they are not out of stock yet. I figure the hoarders would order them in quantity & then there'd be none left for everyone else (especially at that price & for how much they sell on ebay)

edit: never mind, i guess they didn't update the site properly when i checked

"Currently Assassin’s Creed II: The Master Assassin’s Edition GameStop Exclusive is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart."

:(

When I clicked on checkout the first time, it was available. By the end of the confirmation process, it wasn't.

Wow, well scratch that I was pissed about them not doing the deal.
I am just pissed that they randomly put it up for maybe 5 copies each then said it was unavailable.
What a sketchy deal/company

[quote name='telepathy']im actually surprised they are not out of stock yet. I figure the hoarders would order them in quantity & then there'd be none left for everyone else (especially at that price & for how much they sell on ebay)

edit: never mind, i guess they didn't update the site properly when i checked[/QUOTE]

Wow why the fuck are CEs being sold for $100+++?!?! There's nothing special about it!!!!

I hear ya, strife. You know what though, I wouldn't be surprised if some EB's end up getting a handful of copies back from returns. And EB is only one retailer carrying such editions. FS, BB, WM and other retailers might clear them out sooner or later. The only thing worthwhile is the Ezio statue, and once I graduate I'm trying to re-design my basement to look a bit more adult, and something about an 8.5" figure of a video game character wouldn't blend well with the mood of the pad.

Who knows how many copies they really had. Some moron on RFD claimed he bought 2 so he could get free shipping. That place is such a cesspool.

I was angry before cause they didn't put it up around 9 like people said they probably would & basically camped at my computer for 5 hours waiting for the deal to go on. It is pretty shitty for people who weren't at their comps at the right time.

[quote name='strife18']Wow, well scratch that I was pissed about them not doing the deal.
I am just pissed that they randomly put it up for maybe 5 copies each then said it was unavailable.
What a sketchy deal/company[/QUOTE]

You really can't expect them to have like 100++ copies of the CE available for everyone =\.

Damnit. I was one of the people that camped my comp lol. I got tired of waiting and went to lay down for 30 min and it went up 5 minutes after I last checked the page :(

That's what makes me think the site is absolute shit. It seriously needs to improve to be more like the site which it is imitating (gamestop.com). It only started a few months ago but come on ...

On the plus side, the store checker kinda works. Though not necessarily viable when there's a stupidly good deal arises as proven today.

Over on the hive of scum and villainy I learned of a firefox extension they use, that undoubtedly enabled them to jump all over this while I was dutifully making Christmas cards instead of hitting "refresh".

Enjoy, and better luck next time to all the gamers here.

bread's done
Back