Comp USA Inventory Blowout $4.99 Games Starts FRIDAY!

Opinions may vary, Ubichu, but I figure if you're buying an inexpensive game strictly for enjoyment and to try something different or whatever...I'd say why not pick up a sports game or two?

[quote name='EXStrike']I saw a Killer 7 for $4.98 the other day. Anybody know if it's worth the pick up?[/quote]

At the price, it's hard to argue with picking it up. On the GC it's a good game, but not a great game.

Speaking of Comp USA, I picked up in the last couple days:
PS2 Armored Core: Nexus -- 4.98
PS2 NFL Street 2 -- 4.98
Xbox Jet Set Radio Future -- 4.98

Byond that, mostly what was left where I was was dated sports titles, weak movie-based games and even a few Dreamcast moldy oldies.

I scored the following during the last weeK:

Drakengard (PS2) - $4.98
R.A.D. (PS2) - $4.98
Call of Duty (GC) - $9.98
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (GC) - $14.98

I'm not sure if these prices are YMMV as Drakengard was $4.98 at two different CompUSA's.

[quote name='anarchyburger']so was compusa bought out or something?? why are they having closing/wherehouse sales like this??[/QUOTE]

Because most of the titles are 3+ years old and haven't moved

I just bought at CompUsa in Arlington, TX

Jak II $1.98 (awesome price! Price tag was $4.98)
Parappa the Rapper 2 $4.98
Beyond Good & Evil [Xbox] $9.98

Today about 3/4ths of the PS2 section at my Comp USA was bare. There were no games left for under $10. I was told that's because of the extra 10% off on clearance titles. I had my previous PS2 game receipts with me and asked if I could get 10% back on my purchases within the last 21 days, and they did it.

The biggest surprise was the Gaming Edge PS2 game controllers which were $2.98 a few weeks ago which then sold out were back in the clearance bin for 99 cents - 10% = 89 cents each. I tried these before and they work fine... maybe not quite as comfortable as Sony's but good enough for 89 cents, so I grabbed a few spares.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I don't know if this has been posted yet, but you can go here and check out your local stores blowout stock.

http://www.compusa.com/locations/default.asp?cmid=toptab

I went and got Battle for Middle Earth DVD edition for $5 and got two Lineage II 60 day cards for $5.[/QUOTE]

I checked my store earlier and they had a ton of stuff listed....went there...and nothing on the floor. The dudes said thats all there was. Oy.

[quote name='evophile']I checked my store earlier and they had a ton of stuff listed....went there...and nothing on the floor. The dudes said thats all there was. Oy.[/quote]
Yea, well the stuff i got wasnt in their "Inventory Blowout" bin. It was on the shelves with the other PC stuff - though it did have a Manager's Special pricetag. It seems that stuff is 50% off price marked. I went back a second time(to return a router) and got Dynasty Tactics 2 for $5.

fucker. Someone stole the lineage 2 time card code thingie out of the box that i bought. Don't why i didn't notice it when i was buying it(though i had quite a few things)

Thanks very much for the info! I managed to find some pretty decent stuff today.

I picked up:
Donkey Konga 2 $9.98
P.N. 03 $4.98
Yoshi: Touch & Go $14.98
Drakengard $4.98 (for a fellow CAG) :)
Logitech Precision Controller for Xbox $4.98

They had a bunch of other games as well, but I already had what I wanted from those.
A few that I remember seeing:
(GC)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with Bongos
Donkey Konga 2 with Bongos
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within $4.98
(Xbox)
Area 51 $9.98
BloodRayne 2 $4.98
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder $4.98
kill.switch $4.98
Project Snowblind $4.98
PSI-Ops $9.98
Deus Ex: Invisible War $4.98
Leisure Suit Larry $9.98
Sudeki $4.98
(PS2)
Crimson Tears $9.98
Sly 2 $9.98
Tak 2 $4.98
Viewtiful Joe 2 $4.98
Dynasty Tactics 2 $4.98

dang! i want those!

too bad my CompUSA Blossom Hill, San Jose has zero GC titles on the shelves. anyone checked like San Bruno or Downtown SF, or even East Bay locations?

[quote name='7dustfan']Thanks very much for the info! I managed to find some pretty decent stuff today.

I picked up:
Donkey Konga 2 $9.98
P.N. 03 $4.98
Yoshi: Touch & Go $14.98
Drakengard $4.98 (for a fellow CAG) :)
Logitech Precision Controller for Xbox $4.98

They had a bunch of other games as well, but I already had what I wanted from those.
A few that I remember seeing:
(GC)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with Bongos
Donkey Konga 2 with Bongos
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within $4.98
(Xbox)
Area 51 $9.98
BloodRayne 2 $4.98
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder $4.98
kill.switch $4.98
Project Snowblind $4.98
PSI-Ops $9.98
Deus Ex: Invisible War $4.98
Leisure Suit Larry $9.98
Sudeki $4.98
(PS2)
Crimson Tears $9.98
Sly 2 $9.98
Tak 2 $4.98
Viewtiful Joe 2 $4.98
Dynasty Tactics 2 $4.98[/quote]

[quote name='topnotch97']dang! i want those!

too bad my CompUSA Blossom Hill, San Jose has zero GC titles on the shelves. anyone checked like San Bruno or Downtown SF, or even East Bay locations?[/quote]

Wow, Viewtiful Joe 2 $4.98 would have been awesome to get.

I'm going to check another CompUSA tomorrow and I might end up going back to the one I went to yesterday. They still had 2 - 3 copies of Drakengard when I left. I'm willing to pick them up for people who want to buy them (if they still have them). I will sell them at cost + shipping.

SynGamer, I can pick Viewtiful Joe 2 up for you if you want me to, if they still have it.

topnotch97, I remember seeing a few other Gamecube games besides the ones I mentioned. Were you looking for anything in particular?

[quote name='7dustfan']I'm going to check another CompUSA tomorrow and I might end up going back to the one I went to yesterday. They still had 2 - 3 copies of Drakengard when I left. I'm willing to pick them up for people who want to buy them (if they still have them). I will sell them at cost + shipping.

SynGamer, I can pick Viewtiful Joe 2 up for you if you want me to, if they still have it.

topnotch97, I remember seeing a few other Gamecube games besides the ones I mentioned. Were you looking for anything in particular?[/quote]

If you find it, pick it up and just send the that and the other game together? I figure you'll save on shipping. Just let me know how much to send you via PayPal.

I went back tonight and picked up 2 copies each of Viewtiful Joe 2 and Drakengard. They had one more Drakengard but I didn't get it because the front of the case was cut from top to bottom and the insert was pretty badly damaged. I didn't think anyone would want that one.

fraggedbylaggers, I got a copy of Viewtiful Joe 2 for you if you still want it and the other one is for SynGamer.

One copy of Drakengard is pending out and I have one left.

Besides the games I picked up 3 Gaming Edge PS2 controllers for $2.98 each. They had a huge bin full of these. Plus a PS2 vertical stand for .98 cents and a PS2 Universal Controller Adapter for $4.98.

bread's done
Back