Currently Playing / General Gaming Talk Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently attempting to figure out where the fuck I stopped at in Growlanser IV to pickup and play Brave Story. All I remember is I was suppose to do some shit for some merchant and now I've walked around 1/5th of the world and figured out I took the wrong turn at a 4-way crossroad.

I hate stopping games mid-way to pickup and play something else. More so when it's not in english. I sure as hell better finish this before Persona 3 hits or I'm going to kick myself in the ass when I start up my current run again.

[quote name='Chacrana']Naw, Wanda is Engrish for ZA SHADOU OVU ZA CORROSSUSSUU[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's going to be the only way I can refer to the game from now on :lol:

playing some classic NG1 on the VC, thinking of getting Contra 3 later...then plotting on how I can build a gaming PC. a good one. for under $1000. but with HQ parts. attempting the impossible? I at least want a 640mb 8800gts in there. that shit is secksy. then I can pull the rest from some old Apple ][-e.

[quote name='zewone']Buying VC games really blows my mind.

Get a 360 pad or a PS2/USB adapter and go crazy with ROMS.[/quote]

ROMS!? :bomb: I prefer owning the actual game(s). :)

Get a 360 pad or a PS2/USB adapter and go crazy with ROMS.[/QUOTE]

I've gone crazy with roms for the past 10 years...complete rom sets for the nes, neo geo, gba, snes, genesis etc. etc. etc. it's just pointless now...I don't know why, but I've lost all motivation to play roms, unless i'm on vacation and only have my laptop.

also, my tv set up versus my current laptop set up (at a kitchen table) is worth spending the $5 (well cheaper since I trade in games towards a card.) but if I get a gaming rig and hook it up to my TV-- then I'll be back on ROMs since emulators have so many customizable options for making games look better.

Get a 360 pad or a PS2/USB adapter and go crazy with ROMS.[/quote]Mmm, yes. Being legal is stupid.

[quote name='Apossum']I've gone crazy with roms for the past 10 years...complete rom sets for the nes, neo geo, gba, snes, genesis etc. etc. etc. it's just pointless now...I don't know why, but I've lost all motivation to play roms, unless i'm on vacation and only have my laptop.

also, my tv set up versus my current laptop set up (at a kitchen table) is worth spending the $5 (well cheaper since I trade in games towards a card.) but if I get a gaming rig and hook it up to my TV-- then I'll be back on ROMs since emulators have so many customizable options for making games look better.[/quote]Yeah, ROMs just feel so... empty for some reason. I have hundreds on my laptop, haven't felt the desire to load up Breath of Fire II in Snes9x, while I'm about ready to go drop $5 on Lolo.

Contra III is badass, by the way. First and so far only VC download. My friend and I played through that two and a half times the night before my wedding.

[quote name='daroga']Mmm, yes. Being legal is stupid.[/QUOTE]
I never said it was stupid.

If it's a ethical dilemma, and you choose not to I can see why... I guess.

I just have very loose morals.

[quote name='zewone']I never said it was stupid.

I just have very loose morals.[/QUOTE]

as indicated by your avatar :rofl:

[quote name='SL4IN']trying to finish SotC and i know it's going to take me a while.[/QUOTE]
It's not that long of a game. My first play through (without a guide) was under nine hours.

Playing T5DR Online, refreshing myself on Persona 3, and going to play Rachet and Clank Future (PS3) and Socom (PS3) during the next few days :p

I got Lifeline. Saw it for $4 at GS and I've always been interested in it. It's cool when you get her to do what you want but frustrating otherwise.

Interesting game to say the least though.

I finished up Forza 2 and now I'm trying to decide which game to try and finish. Quake 4, Condemned, and SC: Double Agent are my choices and none of them are all that appealing at the moment.

I'm looking forward to BioShock in a couple of weeks though.

Markman I envy youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Please give Socom impressions and let us know if its anything like those crappy textureless, laggy videos we've seen so far.

I have to go and reserve Eternal Sonata after playing the demo. Easily one of my most anticpated games now (And I knew nothing about it before I downloaded the demo).

[quote name='seanr1221']I hate Markman ;)

Luckiest CAG.[/QUOTE]the only thing I envy is all that free time man!!

I could barely take care of myself, and if I had a baby I could pretty much see the end of games for me :(

so my dilemma rite now...

I am not studying tonite,

do I go to the arcade for Street Fighter or take care of all this paperwork hanging over my head??

games or responsibility... the choice is too hard!

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']I have to go and reserve Eternal Sonata after playing the demo. Easily one of my most anticipated games now (And I knew nothing about it before I downloaded the demo).[/quote]
Agreed. Must start and finish Zelda:TP by the time Eternal Sonata comes out.

I just finished Resident Evil 4 on Wii. I am so glad I neglected to play it until now. Now I am going back to Super paper Mario. I have so many backlogged games too.

[quote name='zewone']I never said it was stupid.

I just have very loose morals.[/quote]Roms serve a purpose for me, though. They're a good demo station. Why the VC still doesn't have demos is beyond me, but if there's a game I've never played or haven't played for a long time, and I'm tempted to buy it, generally I'll load it up in an emulator to try and get a feel for it.

Played Resistance online, and to put it simply I suck. Whoknows you still have your Resistance? Funny part was some black guy madmurder or something had a mic and kept saying I was a sneaky bastard because I always got behind him and I always got head shots like a bitch. I could understand saying that if I was winning but I've only came close out of all the games I played one time winning.

Actually I don't...I'm planning to grab it again soon once I can find it for a decent price...I just wanted Sigma a lot when it came out so I used that as part of the trade 2 get 1 thing :p

[quote name='whoknows']Actually I don't...I'm planning to grab it again soon once I can find it for a decent price...I just wanted Sigma a lot when it came out so I used that as part of the trade 2 get 1 thing :p[/QUOTE]

Shit..... well let me know when you pick it up again bro. I haven't had a chance to play The darkness yet but I did pick it up, so when I get some play time in that we can always play that until you get Resistance.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Shit..... well let me know when you pick it up again bro. I haven't had a chance to play The darkness yet but I did pick it up, so when I get some play time in that we can always play that until you get Resistance.[/QUOTE]
I think in the PSN gaming thread I saw that you have R6 Vegas?

I have that too so we could play that if you do have it.

[quote name='whoknows']I think in the PSN gaming thread I saw that you have R6 Vegas?

I have that too so we could play that if you do have it.[/QUOTE]

Okay, want to schedule something for the weekend then for that?

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Okay, want to schedule something for the weekend then for that?[/QUOTE]
Sure, playing that game online is fun...even though I haven't very much :p

[quote name='whoknows']Sure, playing that game online is fun...even though I haven't very much :p[/QUOTE]

Alright cool, we'll set something up and I'll have to get some practice in as well since I haven't played it online yet. :D

[quote name='whoknows']Oh shitz thats a lot of games.

I'd take a few off your hands if you are willing to sell on here ;)[/QUOTE]

Let me know the ones you're interested in. ;)

[quote name='whoknows']I got Lifeline. Saw it for $4 at GS and I've always been interested in it. It's cool when you get her to do what you want but frustrating otherwise.

Interesting game to say the least though.[/QUOTE]I bought Lifeline once for $5. It wasn't too bad, but I only managed to play it one time for 1 hour. I eventually traded it in. :(
[quote name='daroga']Roms serve a purpose for me, though. They're a good demo station. Why the VC still doesn't have demos is beyond me, but if there's a game I've never played or haven't played for a long time, and I'm tempted to buy it, generally I'll load it up in an emulator to try and get a feel for it.[/QUOTE]I sometimes do the same myself. The main purpose of roms for me is to basically play an old game I may think about one day (like let's just say if I feel taking a refresher at some game I rented or use to own), I'll do that for 5 minutes than quit. Roms IMO seem to have no value to me. I have them, but play them a few times a year at max (most stuff I played before was the Japanese stuff that never came stateside, but now most of them are).

I played Resistance online with CAG members. Took me a bit to figure out a few things in Resistance (like voice chat, sending messages to friends, etc.), but I got the hang of it. That was definitely a lot of fun though and hope to play again. What the heck, I'm suppose to loathe FPS yet I've played Resistance more than many RPGs I've bought recently?? Looks like I might have to play more FPS online (only others I have online at Perfect Dark Zero and Halo 2). :p

I only played PaRappa The Rapper last night on my PSP. I was so freaking tired that I barely felt like playing games, after moving tons of heavy furniture (I'm kind of weak since I don't workout much). :( Played some Bomberman Live on my 360 also.

I'm going to have to play my PS3/360 on an SDTV soon, for 1 week. :( I was hoping to move my HDTV last, but I might have to move it a week early to get it out of the way.

Will the Pelican adapter work on my PC if I only have a 1.1 USB slot? I'd rather use my PS2 controller than mess around with the crappy PC controllers that never seem to work right.

That picture is pissing me off. Go away.

Just got Chromadome 2, it is great fun once you get a few levels in.
I'm playing old arcade games on GameTap.
I just finished Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, it is pretty and the girl demon has a great voice, but it didn't knock my socks off.
I'm going to install Marvel Ultimate Alliance soon, that should make me happy... Make Mine Marvel!

I'm going to cue up the Stranglehold demo as I go out and preorder the Bioshock LE from GS for 360. Is this going to be limited edition like FFXII or MGS3 Subsistence? Or somewhere between not like MGS3 rare but still not cheap?

[quote name='nyprimus4']I'm going to cue up the Stranglehold demo as I go out and preorder the Bioshock LE from GS for 360. Is this going to be limited edition like FFXII or MGS3 Subsistence? Or somewhere between not like MGS3 rare but still not cheap?[/quote]Given what comes with it and how it's packaged (a big ass square box), I can't see them flooding the marketplace with them.

Dream Theater was absolutely amazing. Petrucci is a guitar legend and I shook Jordan Rudess' hand. I shall make it game related by saying I started off Final Fantasy PSP by naming my characters after members of the band. Godly musicians, those.

I'm trying to clean up my backlog in the summer months. I'm breaking out lots of old GC (and a few PS2) games that I never finished before the new stuff floods in. Here is what I'm trying to choose between:

Metroid Prime 2 - Started this a few times but had trouble sticking with it. Heard it wasn't that long (15 hrs?) but harder than the first one (which was far from easy in the first place.)

Paper Mario GC - Got it after finishing Super Paper Mario, but the battle system is turning me off a bit. It feels like they take too long. Plot is fun though.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence - Played the beginning 3 times already but stopped every time. I loved Twin Snakes and 2, but the lack of radar and all the menu switching seems to be too much of a hassle. I'm terrible at stealth games, cant even figure out Splinter Cell, but MGS always seemed like a much easier, casual type of game.

Oh, and I never finished Twilight Princess, but I figure there won't be another Zelda game for a few years, I should have plenty of time to complete it.

[quote name='red flare graf']Those were the days.

Stalker's freaking sick, you'll dig it. Scares the bejeesus out of me.[/QUOTE]
Those were the days, weren't they...

[quote name='jer7583']Dream Theater was absolutely amazing. Petrucci is a guitar legend and I shook Jordan Rudess' hand. I shall make it game related by saying I started off Final Fantasy PSP by naming my characters after members of the band. Godly musicians, those.[/QUOTE]I usually name my characters after my favorite RPG characters, or my best online friends. ;)

Just started on Trauma Center for the DS. Is this game terrible short? I just got to Caduceus, and I feel like I'm more than halfway through the game already.

I just beat Metroid Prime for the first time. I'm glad I didn't give up on it for good after my first attempt because it was a really good game.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']I just beat Metroid Prime for the first time. I'm glad I didn't give up on it for good after my first attempt because it was a really good game.[/QUOTE]
I wish the Prime games were more story driven like Metroid Fusion was.

[quote name='whoknows']I wish the Prime games were more story driven like Metroid Fusion was.[/quote]
I haven't play Metroid Fusion yet, but I didn't even pay attention to the story in MP.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']I haven't play Metroid Fusion yet, but I didn't even pay attention to the story in MP.[/QUOTE]
Fusion had like..actual dialogue between Samus and the computer and such. It was really well done.

I started playing Up Your Arsenal. I have a feeling I'm not getting the full experience without the online, but oh well. game is fun so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back