Currently Playing / General Gaming Talk Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Blackout542']I started playing Up Your Arsenal. I have a feeling I'm not getting the full experience without the online, but oh well. game is fun so far.[/QUOTE]
Online isn't that important. Single player is where you experience the game. Online is just...there.

[quote name='Blackout542']I started playing Up Your Arsenal. I have a feeling I'm not getting the full experience without the online, but oh well. game is fun so far.[/QUOTE]Online doesn't add much more IMO. R&C is more single player experience than online multi-player.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Online doesn't add much more IMO. R&C is more single player experience than online multi-player.[/quote]

Ok that's good. I thought the online was a huge part of the game or something.

Still raging on Rouge Galaxy, about 25 hours gameplay now. God I have so many PS2 rpgs to finish up.

[quote name='Chacrana']BTW, have you tried the PC Far Cry? It's really, really good.[/QUOTE]
Who? Me?

I haven't. I loved the Xbox one, though.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11223454&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|79|2341|3316&N=4001382&Mo=24&pos=1&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=3316&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC10605-Cat2341&topnav=

A bit steep, but at some point, my parents are buying my SlimFit 30' Samsung from me for 300.00, so that helped.

I finally don't get over-scan and boding, you have no idea how happy that makes me :D

Plus, it's going to be super easy bringing it to my dorm. The Samsung weighed 117 pounds, this weighs 37. :lol:

Nice Sean I haven't seen you on the PSN yet though, when you do accept my request. Nice user title, I downloaded that trailer off the PSN, I have something like 20 trailers, 5 demos, 100's of pictures and still have 34GB to spare. I love me PS3.

I preordered Bioshock Limited Edition LE for 360 today.

Yea, I haven't been on my PS3 too much in the past couple weeks. I go in and out of stages. Last week I was all about the Wii, this week 360. ;)

[quote name='Chacrana']BTW, have you tried the PC Far Cry? It's really, really good.[/quote]

Yea, it's on Gamefly now.

I wish alcohol didn't have calories in it.

I'm going to play FFX and drink a bottle of wine tonight.

I got back into Virtua Fighter 5 today after trying it out with my Tekken 5 stick. Wow, this game is so much more fun and fluid when played with a stick. The difference in playability between a stick and a pad seems much more pronounced for me in VF5 than in any other fighting game for some reason.

I'll probably be playing this between Final Fantasy Tactics sessions (may have to get a PSP just for the remake) up until the Tekken 5 online patch comes out, when I can finally use a practice mode because I'm incredibly rusty. :eek:

[quote name='seanr1221']http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11223454&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|79|2341|3316&N=4001382&Mo=24&pos=1&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=3316&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC10605-Cat2341&topnav=

A bit steep, but at some point, my parents are buying my SlimFit 30' Samsung from me for 300.00, so that helped.

I finally don't get over-scan and boding, you have no idea how happy that makes me :D

Plus, it's going to be super easy bringing it to my dorm. The Samsung weighed 117 pounds, this weighs 37. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Nice.

Ever since I got my HDTV I've had a new urge to play games :lol:

Grabbed Tales of The Abyss for $18.99 off buy.com

Pretty sweet and the game looks to be pretty interesting. GT said it has minimal grinding so that is a huge huge huge huge plus for me. I hate it when I get so far in an RPG and then I get stuck because a boss/enemies are too hard to kill and my only choice is to grind. I usually quit the game then.

[quote name='seanr1221']http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11223454&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|79|2341|3316&N=4001382&Mo=24&pos=1&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=3316&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC10605-Cat2341&topnav=

Plus, it's going to be super easy bringing it to my dorm. The Samsung weighed 117 pounds, this weighs 37. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Now that my friend is a nice fucking T.V

Just cleared Drill Dozer, the 34th game cleared this year.

I dont know if it was the music or the just how everything looked, but the whole time I kept thinking we need another 2D Chip n' Dales' Rescue Rangers game

I'm two hours into Digital Devil Saga 2. There's been more story in these 2 hours of DDS2 than in half of DDS1. :D I also like how it's already (Within the first 2 dungeons) tougher than DDS1.

I was at Insomniac Studios today and got to play/see a lot of Rachet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and let me just say... this is going to be a GREAT game... I can't reveal specific details regarding the title as it is under embargo... but I'm sure PS3 owners will be VERY pleased with this title.

At the media event, Mr. Sessler and Ms. Webb were in attendance... and contrary to popular belief on various web forums/interweb fanboys... they are very much gamers and actually very nice people...

I just want to go home and play T5DR ONLINE again... More media gaming events tomorrow... -_-

Yea, I've hear that before (that Adam and Morgan were gamers)

If someone put a bunch of money in-front of me and told me to act like a moron on tv I'd do it too.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Is Ratchet and Clank having online multiplayer? Just answer me that.[/QUOTE]The new one on PS3, no. To get the game out by the end of the year, Insomniac had to choose one or the other (deep single player and no online, or slim single player with online). Since Ratchet seems to be more popular offline by fans, that's what they are going with. I'm perfectly happy because I have other games to play online. ;)

Played Blast Factor Advanced Research Pack today. Pretty cool and definitely improved over the original specimen. Very tough though.

Nice to hear about R&C--despite Cheapy's lackluster take, I was still pretty excited about the game, so it's good to hear my enthusiasm is likely going to be justified.

After either taking care of sick kids or being sick myself for a few days, I was finally able to play something this week--Stranglehold demo! Thoroughly entertaining, and solid enough to make me commit to a pre-order, even though I was initially not going to day-one this title.

Hm, what to play tonight?

catching up on my backlog:

playing

PS2:
Okami

Psp:
fireteam bravo 1
mgs portable ops

then its twilight princess on the wii (still haven't played it)

Roiding on Final Fantasy X. I love this game.

You really can notice some terrible animations, though. And I'd like to have a GIF of Tidus high stepping, it's hilarious.

picked T5DR up again on my PSP yesterday.

all my Xiaoyu stuff came back to me.

I mean like... ALL of it!

Baek... not so much... I'm practicin him now trying to figure out good pokes to use as well as situational combos

[quote name='JEKKI']picked T5DR up again on my PSP yesterday.

all my Xiaoyu stuff came back to me.

I mean like... ALL of it!

Baek... not so much... I'm practicin him now trying to figure out good pokes to use as well as situational combos[/QUOTE]

please don't play baek... I can't stand that guy when he's not in his pimp suit.

I kinda slipped back into Oblivion where I finally finished the Mage's Guild. Only 2 more guilds to go, but I still have to join one of them. But I'll probably never get back into it, or at least until next year.
Tomorrow I'm traveling to move some things, so I'll finally be able to sink my teeth into FFVIA.

I really should be asleep right now... but instead my colleague and I went to Super Arcade in Walnut, CA for some fighting game competition.... so now I have to wake up around 6 AM for Sony's Socom media event...

Fighting games > sleep > socom > all

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']please don't play baek... I can't stand that guy when he's not in his pimp suit.[/QUOTE]yeay and u wont stand him when I kick yo azz with him!

ohhhhh~~

I even learn a new move for him last nite:

CH 4, 3+4, juggle combo

Popped in DOA4 for the first time in a while last night, and went from a B to a B+. Hopefully I can get up to an A- tonight; gotta get those nerd points. Anybody want to play later?

Right now, I'm playing Test Drive Unlimited on 360 mostly, GH 2 every now and then, and started Super Paper Mario back up. Also played Rainbow Six Vegas after a long break from that and had a good time with other CAGs last night.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Popped in DOA4 for the first time in a while last night, and went from a B to a B+. Hopefully I can get up to an A- tonight; gotta get those nerd points. Anybody want to play later?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played DOA 4 in awhile also, haven't really started playing it online yet. I'm not great but I'm decent I guess. If you see me on, send a message if you want to play. I probably won't be on between 8-11 PM EST, so before or after then.

[quote name='GenDV138']I haven't played DOA 4 in awhile also, haven't really started playing it online yet. I'm not great but I'm decent I guess. If you see me on, send a message if you want to play. I probably won't be on between 8-11 PM EST, so before or after then.[/QUOTE]

Online is where it's at; the single player pales in comparison. If I see you on, I'll definitely give you an invite. Oh yeah, would you be down to get some of the multiplayer TDU achievements with me? I just picked it up a few days ago, and I love it. It's such a great game.

I'm quite tired after moving again today, so my gaming is kind of slow.

On 360, I played some Wartech for a little. Definitely an underrated game IMO.

On PS3, I played the Hot Shots Golf 5 demo AGAIN and Ridge Racer 7.

I'm about to play Brave Story or something on PSP next.

Currently playing: pack all your crap into boxes.

I hate moving. Tetris is much more fun on a gameboy than in a moving truck. But, oh well. Wii and 360 are all packed up. What'are my chances that my 360 will still work when I get to Milwaukee? I'm guessing 1 in 3.

[quote name='daroga']Currently playing: pack all your crap into boxes.

I hate moving. Tetris is much more fun on a gameboy than in a moving truck. But, oh well. Wii and 360 are all packed up. What'are my chances that my 360 will still work when I get to Milwaukee? I'm guessing 1 in 3.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm doing the same myself. I packed up some games. Well, since I still come home on occassional weekends, I'm leaving the majority of my games at home for once, instead of brining over 300 games impressing my friends with my massive game collection when coming by. :lol:

Yeah, moving sucks and I'm tired of it too. I don't look forward to moving again in 10 months. :(

[quote name='daroga']Currently playing: pack all your crap into boxes.

I hate moving. Tetris is much more fun on a gameboy than in a moving truck. But, oh well. Wii and 360 are all packed up. What'are my chances that my 360 will still work when I get to Milwaukee? I'm guessing 1 in 3.[/QUOTE]

Moving back to milwaukee, eh? I don't live there anymore, but I hope to be moving back someday and I'll be there quite often during the schoolyear visiting (even though i'm graduated, my old roommate didn't) We should go do karaoke or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back