[DEAD] 12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

WTK

CAGiversary!
12+ Days of Anime @ RightStuf.com

As the holiday season kicks into full swing, Right Stuf is here to make things even merrier - with 12+ days of savings on DVDs, box sets and bundles!

Each day, we'll update our homepage with the latest additions to our list of holiday bargains, and everything on this list will be on sale until 11:59PM CST, December 23rd.

(No coupon codes are necessary.)

Have a safe and happy Holiday Season and enjoy some anime from RightStuf.com!

RightStuf.com's 12+ Days of Anime Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WTK']
[/quote]

I think I may finally have to bite on something, likely to highly likely: Joe vs. Joe OVA Bundle.

Current list is looking like this (in no specific order). Possible purchases, but none are definite just yet.
1. Tweeny Witches
2. Shuffle
3. He-Man Season 1 and Season 2
4. The Third
5. Joe vs. Joe OVA Bundle

Already have Shingu, Basilisk, Trinity Blood, Witchblade, Fantastic Chlidren,

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='genfuyung']So far all Im wanting is Suzuka and Maburaho. Hope the last 2 days are good.[/quote]

ditto. I hope it's a killer last 2 days :D

I want to pick up:
Shuffle (hesitant because it doesn't come with the Ender Box)
Witchblade

Considering:
Suzuka
Maburaho (iffy... I've already watched most of it)

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Wow, this is the worst day of the sale yet.[/QUOTE]

I agree- although I'm sure my yaoi-loving friend will try and talk me into Princess Princess (becuase if I won't watch yaoi, maybe I'll watch cross dressers. :lol:)

I've read that Joe vs. Joe is crappy, even if you like boxing anime. I'll have to hunt that review down later...

[quote name='nightmare452']Couldn't wait much longer. Had to bite on Basilisk. Saw the 1st 2 episodes yesterday and loved it.[/quote]

the first 2 ep does not set the tone too well for the rest of the series if I remember correctly-just like to reiterate, basilisk is a bona fide tragedy at the end-I saw the first few, and then skip in the middle, saw something pretty shocking in that middle ep, and watched the end-wasn't my cup of tea

[quote name='Mrcapcom']OMG they got gao gai gar i have to pick that up[/QUOTE]

Same. I glad the giant crazy robot genre is still going.

[quote name='slowdive21']Samurai Gun is tempting for 17.99. I know the reviews are a mixed bag. Is this one a cel production?[/QUOTE]

Cowboy Bebop was one of the final cel-animated shows, and with this one being made in 2004, no, it isn't. Samurai Gun was a co-production between avex and ADV, which may explain some of the, um... crappiness. Also keep in mind that the show is only 12 episodes long, so you'd be paying $18 for a *half-season* of a bad show.

(Granted, I'm basing my evaluation of the show off the four episodes I saw before giving up on it, but it seems like every single review I can find agrees with me. I'll just go ahead and assume I'm right.)

[quote name='slowdive21']Samurai Gun is tempting for 17.99. I know the reviews are a mixed bag. Is this one a cel production?[/QUOTE]

The basic rule of thumb is just about everything post the 1999 Japanese anime season is CG. For a lot of series they do still do quite alot of by hand sketching (watch the extras on the Kanon dvds and you will see this) but they get put together and colored on computers. Some box art, such as cd sets, figure boxes etc, is still done with hand drawn cels. They call those hanken.

[quote name='jererjerer']the first 2 ep does not set the tone too well for the rest of the series if I remember correctly-just like to reiterate, basilisk is a bona fide tragedy at the end-I saw the first few, and then skip in the middle, saw something pretty shocking in that middle ep, and watched the end-wasn't my cup of tea[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up, but I am still interested in it (and to late on order). I love ninja animes for some reason and seeing different trick and technics. The more over the top the better (and yes, I know about Naruto and Akatsuki, everything!, LOL).

I don't mind the tragedy at the end, Not as much into the "are they gonna get together part" as I am into the fight scenes, LOL. But show seems to be interesting from top down. GF might like it too.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Cowboy Bebop was one of the final cel-animated shows, and with this one being made in 2004, no, it isn't. Samurai Gun was a co-production between avex and ADV, which may explain some of the, um... crappiness. Also keep in mind that the show is only 12 episodes long, so you'd be paying $18 for a *half-season* of a bad show.

(Granted, I'm basing my evaluation of the show off the four episodes I saw before giving up on it, but it seems like every single review I can find agrees with me. I'll just go ahead and assume I'm right.)[/QUOTE]

in the later episodes, the animation gets real bad XD. Good thing i didnt get it

The only reason I asked about the cel production is because every review is saying the animation is choppy. I guess it is just bad CG! I actually prefer cel animation...(Looks at Faye production Cel and sighs). BTW does anyone know where to buy plactic cel covers?

[quote name='slowdive21']The only reason I asked about the cel production is because every review is saying the animation is choppy. I guess it is just bad CG! I actually prefer cel animation...(Looks at Faye production Cel and sighs). BTW does anyone know where to buy plactic cel covers?[/QUOTE]

The only thing that's changed between traditional cel animation and what they do now is the way in which the frame is colored. Each cel used to be hand-drawn and hand-painted, whereas now the hand-drawn frames are colored with a computer instead. And I suppose if you want to get technical, the way the frames are all assembled into a moving picture has been streamlined as well. The result is far fewer animation errors. But none of this wonderful technology can prevent laziness on the part of the animation studio, sadly. I used to much prefer traditional cel animation, since the early days of digital animation yielded fairly lousy results (see Digimon as an example), but these days digital animation can produce some seriously amazing stuff.

Anyways, enough of my tangent. Samurai Gun is pretty bad. Avoid it.

[quote name='slowdive21']BTW does anyone know where to buy plactic cel covers?[/QUOTE]

Unless you have so many cels, a binder would be the best display option, why not just get a nice custom frame? I'll mail you a 60% off coupon for Michael's custom framing during out next friends and family deal, if ya want.

[quote name='Brian9824']Ordered Shingu, Fruits Basket, and all of Mushi-Shi with box since its still cheap in bargain bin.[/quote]

Never seen Shingu but Fruits is great. I'm glad shawne's kept the super deals still in the bargain bin during these 12 days of Xmas. Helped me to do fillers on each of my orders.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Unless you have so many cels, a binder would be the best display option, why not just get a nice custom frame? I'll mail you a 60% off coupon for Michael's custom framing during out next friends and family deal, if ya want.[/quote]

I have about 100 anime cels and 40 or so American animation cels (larger sized). I would like to preserve them the best I can and prevent them from sticking together. I have some of them separated with tissue paper, but I am not sure if that is a safe way to store them. My good cels have a bag on them and are each stored individually in envelopes, vertically until I get them framed. I really need to set up a rubberslug gallery to show some of my babies to the world!

The binder is a good idea, I was just worried about paint transfers from the weight. I guess I can separate with tisse and store them in a binder.

FINALLY, that is what I was waiting for something kick ass, Kodocha season 1 and 2 is GREAT! (I love the show, I know I'm weird)

I will probably pick up kodocha season 2, even though i already have volumes 7 and 8. I have all of box set 1 already. I should have up to a free shipping order by the end of this now. The gantz set is the black orb one? That orb does look pretty neat.

[quote name='Grico']I will probably pick up kodocha season 2, even though i already have volumes 7 and 8. I have all of box set 1 already. I should have up to a free shipping order by the end of this now. The gantz set is the black orb one? That orb does look pretty neat.[/quote]

The orb set is kinda kewl, especially for the price. The only bad thing is the show was garbage :(

[quote name='Grico']The gantz set is the black orb one? That orb does look pretty neat.[/QUOTE]

Sort of a neat packaging concept, but I've read countless reports from people who have received scratched orbs. Evidently it's not packaged securely inside that box, and it gets beat to heck. And don't get me started on the actual show. Cool idea, lousy execution.

But on the plus side - KODOCHA RULES!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Sort of a neat packaging concept, but I've read countless reports from people who have received scratched orbs. Evidently it's not packaged securely inside that box, and it gets beat to heck. And don't get me started on the actual show. Cool idea, lousy execution.

But on the plus side - KODOCHA RULES![/quote]

If Gantz never had a second season it wouldn't have been half bad...

That entire second season though? Yea, never happened in my book.

[quote name='WTK']For those who are curious, these are thinpaks housed inside flimsy artbox (which is what FUNi has been doing with their recent half and full season boxsets).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's too bad the singles are almost impossible to collect now. But don't discourage them! Kodocha and Fruits Basket are, by *far*, the best titles of the sale!

hmmmm, their weekly sales has some decent stuff though to fill in my Gao-Gai-Gar sets. Slayers movies and ova is tempting. Noein looks interesting too.

Anyone seen Noein??? how is it??

Noein was pretty good. It took a bit for me to get into it, though. I can really see it being a hit or miss depending on what you like. Science fiction is pretty much the best genre descriptor for the show.

[quote name='wormraper'] Anyone seen Noein??? how is it??[/QUOTE]

I thought it was great but I'm a sucker for stuff dealing with alternate dimensions.

Kodocha sounds pretty cute.

I'm heading out until Sunday this afternoon, so luckily the sale is good until Sunday the 21st so I can order when I get home.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I'm on board for Kodocha. I had bought two cheap volumes at Big Lots last week, but this deal is better.[/QUOTE]

What volumes were they? I have almost all of Kodocha in singles already, and I'm trying to fill in the gaps. I'm only missing 9, 10, 11 & 13 and I see two of those are on sale at RS for $5/ea.

On a side note, yes, Kodocha is incredible and is highly recommended. Burru....burru...burruburruburru!

[quote name='argyle']What volumes were they? I have almost all of Kodocha in singles already, and I'm trying to fill in the gaps. I'm only missing 9, 10, 11 & 13 and I see two of those are on sale at RS for $5/ea.

On a side note, yes, Kodocha is incredible and is highly recommended. Burru....burru...burruburruburru![/quote]

I have volume 1 and volume 3.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Noein was pretty good. It took a bit for me to get into it, though. I can really see it being a hit or miss depending on what you like. Science fiction is pretty much the best genre descriptor for the show.[/quote]

Noein gets slow in the middle but picks up, it's good if you stick through the whole series and has a quailty ending.

I'm still on a fence about buying... spending 50 just to not pay shipping.. if shipping is free then I'd probably just pick up 2 20s...

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Noein was pretty good. It took a bit for me to get into it, though. I can really see it being a hit or miss depending on what you like. Science fiction is pretty much the best genre descriptor for the show.[/QUOTE]

Noein is an okay show. It starts off decent but the quality continually drops to the point of not bothering to watch the ending.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']BUY KODOCHA. BUY KODOCHA NOW.[/QUOTE]

*covers head* No! I already have all the singles! :D

Kodocha is one of those shows I bought for some stupid, shallow reason, and had it pay off beautifully. To be precise, I bought it becuase I wanted the Babbit purse that come with the first artbox- no other reason. Got home, watched it, adored it. (Similiarly, I bought Trigun so I could know what the show that cool McFarlene figure I was buying was based on. Pay off enough, but I never did get more than 2 volumes into it...)

[quote name='DuelLadyS']*covers head* No! I already have all the singles! :D

Kodocha is one of those shows I bought for some stupid, shallow reason, and had it pay off beautifully. To be precise, I bought it becuase I wanted the Babbit purse that come with the first artbox- no other reason. Got home, watched it, adored it.[/QUOTE]

Any show directed by Akitaro Daichi is pretty good.

[quote name='B:L']Noein is an okay show. It starts off decent but the quality continually drops to the point of not bothering to watch the ending.[/QUOTE]

Noein got good reviews, and I have heard people like it, but for me it never actually got to a point where it was good, rather it was often at the point of potentially being good. I watched up to episode 19 ish, I'll probably get around to the end at some point just to see if it gets to good by the end. Its been in my currently watching for like 6 months or more now. Its not a bad value at 20.

[quote name='Grico']Noein got good reviews, and I have heard people like it, but for me it never actually got to a point where it was good, rather it was often at the point of potentially being good. I watched up to episode 19 ish, I'll probably get around to the end at some point just to see if it gets to good by the end. Its been in my currently watching for like 6 months or more now. Its not a bad value at 20.[/quote]

I think after 19 it picks up :p serious... finish the series it's good.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I wonder if they'll have any blu ray stuff for the twelfth day.[/quote]

doubt it. Would alienate too many people at this point and time. Hopefully that will change in a year or so.

I love Noein, one of my absolute favorites. I guess to each his (or her) own. For $20 it's a steal!

meh, Kodocha, I'm gonna be honest, it doesn't look that appealing to me. But then I'm mostly into fantasy, scifi, and harem/comedy anime. I don't know anything about it though, is Kodocha a comedy? If it's funny, I'd be willing to give it a shot. If it's touchy-feely, "sappy", then I'd rather not bother. I might d/l a few episodes and find out for myself this weekend.

[quote name='Alien Spider']I don't know anything about it though, is Kodocha a comedy? If it's funny, I'd be willing to give it a shot. If it's touchy-feely, "sappy", then I'd rather not bother. I might d/l a few episodes and find out for myself this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Kodocha is both comedy and drama, and it does both *quite* well. I can also guarantee more comedy per episode of Kodocha than any crappy harem show could ever muster.

bread's done
Back