(Deal Dead, Discussion Dying) Free PSP Games @ EB (w/select PS2/XBX/GC Trade-ins)

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Update: 4/16/05

Ths deal is now dead.
Go home... the party is over.

What's that? You wanna be the weird guy that hangs out after the party to talk about how cool the party was even though you were also the guy everyone at the party was trying to get away from?

Fine.... We'll say open for ya... BUT NO STICKY FOR YOU!

Thanks to everyone.... and don't forget.... now that you've gotten an entire library of PSP games for damn near free... don't forget to at least say hi to your DS once in a while.....

Your DS misses you....

Toodles!

UPDATE 4/11/05: As some of you may know... this deal advertised as "3 Trades for 1 PSP Game" is over as of 4/10. However, EBGames.com indicates that the deal is still fresh until the 15th, but you must trade in 6 for 2 games in one transaction in order for it to work.

Under In-Store Promotions, EBGames.com reads:
"Free select PSP title with PS2/XB/GC game trade-in (pre-purchase) Active: Now - 4/15/2005
Trade-in 6 qualifying pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $79.98 towards the pre-purchase of 2 of the following titles: GRETZKY NHL HOCKEY PSP or TWISTED METAL: HEAD ON PSP or WORLD TOUR SOCCER PSP or ATV OFFRD FURY BLAZIN TRLS PSP or APE ESCAPE PSP or NBA PSP or WIPEOUT PURE PSP or MLB PSP. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May be combined with other EB Promotions. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on hardware. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax."

Some stores may or may not honor this promo, and some stores may still let you only trade in 3 for 1. Regardless, we'll keep this thread stickied until the 16th, then officially kill it 14 days after the 15th, for all you guys trying to exchange your items obtained on the 15th. In any case, the trade-in deal is YMMV, and exchanging the PSP games is even more YMMV.

Good luck to all of you on the final days of what is sure to be the most memorable, and profitable, trade-in deal of 2005!

[quote name='joystickz']

Here's the scoop.

EBGames In Store is having an in-store promotion on the preorder/purchase of PSP games that could potentially make your initial launch library damn near free.

Here's the deal......

ebpspfree6ss.jpg

With this deal, gamers need only trade in THREE games not on THIS LIST to receive one of the EIGHT games shown above.

gretzkyfree3al.jpg

For those of you who can put two and two together, understand that when you get the game from EB it bumps the value of each game that might be normally traded in for 50 cents, up to a third of the price of any of those 39.99 games.

Then, with your sealed game in hand, and receipt (or better, gift receipt) for said game, you are not prohibited from later exchanging it for store credit for the full $40 value of the game.

In essence, the deal isn't "just for those 8 PSP games" because you can still exchange any one of them within 14 days of purchase for full credit.

Better yet... get your credit back on a gift card (make sure it has scratch off pin numbers) and use it online.

Above deal ends April 10th.

Sound easy?
Good.

NOTE: Though this isnt a YMMV deal, the clerks all over don't seem to be too refreshed on it... so make sure you're cool with the employees enough to share some patience until they work it out in the computer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Yankeez'][quote name='dracula']the newest jampacks and newer xbox xhibitions are STILL not on the list of exclusions... so basically that means FREE psp games for me, i think i will preorder every single psp game they have.[/quote]

where do you get these?[/quote]
I'd also like to know.

I was gonna do this deal so I asked the EB games lady what games qualify and she responded all snobbish like "well bring in all your games and maybe THEN I can tell you jeez"......

Damn lady I was just asking -_- oh well.....

Ibrought in 9 old games and got 90 bucks. I asked the guy which games were excluded and he just said it doesnt really matter jsut bring them in and you'll just get the 10 bucks credit. It might just be for me though because im cool with the guy. Anyways does anybody know where to get jampacks. I seen some at circuit city for 4.99, but can you get them cheaper?

[quote name='petemon69']Ibrought in 9 old games and got 90 bucks. I asked the guy which games were excluded and he just said it doesnt really matter jsut bring them in and you'll just get the 10 bucks credit. It might just be for me though because im cool with the guy. Anyways does anybody know where to get jampacks. I seen some at circuit city for 4.99, but can you get them cheaper?[/quote]

whoa, whoa, whoa, exclusion list doesnt apply? What games did you trade in? Did he have to manually override the values?

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']Can you only trade in GC/Xbox/PS2 games? Or can you trade in NES/SNES/N64, etc too? That would own:)[/quote]

Read the title, my friend :roll:.

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']Can you only trade in GC/Xbox/PS2 games? Or can you trade in NES/SNES/N64, etc too? That would own:)[/quote]

Wow

2 of the games i traded in were on the exclusion list. Dead to rights and madden 2004 for xbox. The rest of the games werent excluded. So im thinking the guy did something because im cool with him and i was lettng him play with my psp.

[quote name='clockworkvictim'][quote name='WolfPac_Ite']Can you only trade in GC/Xbox/PS2 games? Or can you trade in NES/SNES/N64, etc too? That would own:)[/quote]

Read the title, my friend :roll:.[/quote]

Heh...

[quote name='dserafin1986']So will they accept teh newer Jampacks and Exhibitions, or is this ymmv?[/quote]

ymmv, but its not on the exclusion list, so you can fight them :D

whelp, i finally took the bait: tommorrow im going to EBGames and trading the following games to get Timesplitters 3:

Dynasty Warriors 4 XL
Kingdom Hearts
Dark Cloud 2
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution (It's on the Exclusion list, but do they know that?)
The Sims: Bustin Out

My alternates are Syphon Filter and Midway Arcade Treasures 2

YIPEE! free game, thanks OP!

Went in...

traded in:

Crazy Taxi GC
Mortal Kombat GC
Harry Potter Quidditch PS2

and put $20 down on a PSP, and $10 on Metal Gear Acid.

Damn it, I got dragged in!

I just traded in the following for Lumines...

Devil May Cry 2 (bought it new for 3.50)
Ray-Man 3 (bought for 5)
Disaster Report (bought for 5)
Pitfall (GCN, bought for 5)

For some reason, Disaster Report was marked POX on my receipt, yet they still took the game. The person working there manually marked up the trade in value of each game to 10 bucks. I looked at there normal value, it was around 15 total.

I'm also wondering if anyone has tried Blowout, I have a copy of that that I need to dump.

[quote name='centraldogmae']I just burned Castle Shitigami 2 onto my HDD. Time to trade it in. No harm, no fowl on that deal[/quote]

No, there is a major foul there. If you no longer own the game but retain a copy of it you are in clear violation of the law.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='centraldogmae']I just burned Castle Shitigami 2 onto my HDD. Time to trade it in. No harm, no fowl on that deal[/quote]

No, there is a major foul there. If you no longer own the game but retain a copy of it you are in clear violation of the law.[/quote]

Maybe it wasn't a type-o, and he meant no fowl, as in the animal and not as in violation. :)

Yeah, it seems like EB has one of these trade-in deals for every major game that's released. Good for us CAGs, I suppose.

[quote name='AlbinoNinja']Is it just me or are trade-in deals becoming more common?[/quote]

That's a good thing. ;)

They also just moved Freestyle Street Soccer (GC) to the POX list as well. Stuck with 3 of these now along with some Primal's as well. Grrr.

[quote name='epobirs']Dang, they excluded Primal and I still have four of those. Why would they do that, do you suppose?[/quote]

Ok, i'm keeping my Shikigami then. I just noticed the the soundtrack was RedBooked onto it. Besides, I don't wanna like break the law or anything.
But then again if I paid for a game then uploaded it to my HDD before trading it in, isn't that sorta like paying for a song and downloading it to an iPod? I mean afterall, XS games still gets my money from the initial sale of the game.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']They also just moved Freestyle Street Soccer (GC) to the POX list as well. Stuck with 3 of these now along with some Primal's as well. Grrr.[/quote]

trade 'em at FYE, you'll get much more than the $50 you'd get from EB. Freestyle GC is getting $17 apiece!

Unfortunately, these didn't come with the instruction booklet and FYE's around here usually check for it.

[quote name='fivecardstud'][quote name='Johnny Postman']They also just moved Freestyle Street Soccer (GC) to the POX list as well. Stuck with 3 of these now along with some Primal's as well. Grrr.[/quote]

trade 'em at FYE, you'll get much more than the $50 you'd get from EB. Freestyle GC is getting $17 apiece![/quote]

Well, I just got my ebgames shipment and...

Sunny Garcia certainly shows up as POX. But...WTA Tour Tennis and Unison both showed as PO. =)

[quote name='Yankeez'][quote name='dserafin1986']So will they accept teh newer Jampacks and Exhibitions, or is this ymmv?[/quote]

ymmv, but its not on the exclusion list, so you can fight them :D[/quote]

No reason to fight. I've already traded in seven Jampack version 11s.

Hmmm a new EB games opened up near my work so I guess i'm gonna try them. I guess this is a good way to get rid of some of my old games taking up room heh.

[quote name='ramprider0'][quote name='Yankeez'][quote name='dracula']the newest jampacks and newer xbox xhibitions are STILL not on the list of exclusions... so basically that means FREE psp games for me, i think i will preorder every single psp game they have.[/quote]

I'd also like to know.[/quote]

Kmart is clearing them out i picked up a stack (lik 20 for 8 dollars they wanted them out of here)

[quote name='urzishra14'][quote name='ramprider0'][quote name='Yankeez'][quote name='dracula']the newest jampacks and newer xbox xhibitions are STILL not on the list of exclusions... so basically that means FREE psp games for me, i think i will preorder every single psp game they have.[/quote]

Kmart is clearing them out i picked up a stack (lik 20 for 8 dollars they wanted them out of here)[/quote]

i am a devil customer at bestbuy and get them for next to nothing there thanks to the GGC

Just got back from EB where i reserved Ridge Racer and Mercury. There are excludions on the deal. The list and a few others not on there

Traded in
Vodoo Vince(box)
Powerdrome racing(box)
F-zero (cube)
Unreal 2(box)
MTG(box)

for $60 in credit(usually would be $9 in trade in credit)

The following are exlcusions which i got rid of anyway
Pure Pinball(xbox)
Rebel Strike(cube)
metal Arms(all)

capt

[quote name='fivecardstud'][quote name='Johnny Postman']They also just moved Freestyle Street Soccer (GC) to the POX list as well. Stuck with 3 of these now along with some Primal's as well. Grrr.[/quote]

trade 'em at FYE, you'll get much more than the $50 you'd get from EB. Freestyle GC is getting $17 apiece![/quote]

$17 for that?!?! they had that at TRU for, like, 4 bucks........

At my EBgames you can trade in three titles not on the exclusion list and get any first party PSP game for free.

I traded in
Outlaw Golf 2 (got for free)
ESPN MLB 2K4 (got the new one 2K5)
Rumble Roses (paid $20)

Got Twisted Metal Head on for free. They gave me 13.33 for each game.
They do also have the $10 towards any other PSP title not first party.

also traded in
1080 avalanche (paid $10)
Tony Hawk Underground Xbox (paid $10)
Wakeboarding Xbox (paid $3)
Midnight Club 2 Xbox (old dont play anymore)
Mario Party 6 (got for Free) plus an extra $15 because value at $25

Got Splinter Cell Chaos Theory Collectors will owe $5 when i Pick it up.

Also had $15 left over and pre-ordered Yoshi Touch and Go DS

Think I made out well.

[quote name='flybrione']At my EBgames you can trade in three titles not on the exclusion list and get any first party PSP game for free.

I traded in
Rumble Roses (paid $20)

also traded in

Think I made out well.[/quote]

wOw! how'd you get all that for free?

[quote name='urzishra14'][quote name='ramprider0'][quote name='Yankeez'][quote name='dracula']the newest jampacks and newer xbox xhibitions are STILL not on the list of exclusions... so basically that means FREE psp games for me, i think i will preorder every single psp game they have.[/quote]

Kmart is clearing them out i picked up a stack (lik 20 for 8 dollars they wanted them out of here)[/quote]

also, TRU has them real cheap with their 90% off green-tagged items sale.

[quote name='stag8603'][quote name='flybrione']At my EBgames you can trade in three titles not on the exclusion list and get any first party PSP game for free.

I traded in
Rumble Roses (paid $20)

also traded in

Think I made out well.[/quote]

wOw! how'd you get all that for free?[/quote]

Not completely free B2G1 free sales.
I got with Mario Party 6, KOTR2 Sith Lords and Ghost in the Shell B2G1 free at Gamestop used in early January.

With Outlaw Golf 2 I got from TRU B2G1 with Bust-A-Move and ESPN NBA 2K5.

Not completely free but they did not have anything else I really wanted and my intention was to trade them in when the right deal came up. Like this one :D

oh, okay. that makes sense. i try to take advantage of those GS deals, but sometimes they pop up at the most inconvenient times...........

[quote name='flybrione']At my EBgames you can trade in three titles not on the exclusion list and get any first party PSP game for free.
[/quote]

what is the list of first party games? Is Hot Shots? I believe it's sony

I saw the flyer, it is only for the following games

Trade in 3 select PS2,XB,GC games and get any of the following for free*
*you still have to pay the sales tax

valid until 4/12/05

MLB 2006
World Tour Soccer
NBA
Gretsky NHL
Twisted Metal
Wipeout
Ape Escape
ATV Offroad

basically all sony 1st party launch games, so since games like Hot Shots and Gran Turismo PSP wont be out at launch they dont apply

[quote name='tenzor']I saw the flyer, it is only for the following games

Trade in 3 select PS2,XB,GC games and get any of the following for free*
*you still have to pay the sales tax

valid until 4/12/05

MLB 2006
World Tour Soccer
NBA
Gretsky NHL
Twisted Metal
Wipeout
Ape Escape
ATV Offroad

basically all sony 1st party launch games, so since games like Hot Shots and Gran Turismo PSP wont be out at launch they dont apply[/quote]

damn. glad i got in on this before an official flyer...
have a scan of it?

Traded:
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Super Bust A Move
Graduis III & IV

Got Twisted Metal...now i just need to find a way to get the PSP:)

[quote name='bloodymurray']Traded:
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Super Bust A Move
Graduis III & IV

Got Twisted Metal...now i just need to find a way to get the PSP:)[/quote]

:rofl:

i hope you weren't serious...

[quote name='stag8603'][quote name='bloodymurray']Traded:
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Super Bust A Move