(Deal Dead, Discussion Dying) Free PSP Games @ EB (w/select PS2/XBX/GC Trade-ins)

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Update: 4/16/05

Ths deal is now dead.
Go home... the party is over.

What's that? You wanna be the weird guy that hangs out after the party to talk about how cool the party was even though you were also the guy everyone at the party was trying to get away from?

Fine.... We'll say open for ya... BUT NO STICKY FOR YOU!

Thanks to everyone.... and don't forget.... now that you've gotten an entire library of PSP games for damn near free... don't forget to at least say hi to your DS once in a while.....

Your DS misses you....

Toodles!

UPDATE 4/11/05: As some of you may know... this deal advertised as "3 Trades for 1 PSP Game" is over as of 4/10. However, EBGames.com indicates that the deal is still fresh until the 15th, but you must trade in 6 for 2 games in one transaction in order for it to work.

Under In-Store Promotions, EBGames.com reads:
"Free select PSP title with PS2/XB/GC game trade-in (pre-purchase) Active: Now - 4/15/2005
Trade-in 6 qualifying pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $79.98 towards the pre-purchase of 2 of the following titles: GRETZKY NHL HOCKEY PSP or TWISTED METAL: HEAD ON PSP or WORLD TOUR SOCCER PSP or ATV OFFRD FURY BLAZIN TRLS PSP or APE ESCAPE PSP or NBA PSP or WIPEOUT PURE PSP or MLB PSP. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May be combined with other EB Promotions. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on hardware. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax."

Some stores may or may not honor this promo, and some stores may still let you only trade in 3 for 1. Regardless, we'll keep this thread stickied until the 16th, then officially kill it 14 days after the 15th, for all you guys trying to exchange your items obtained on the 15th. In any case, the trade-in deal is YMMV, and exchanging the PSP games is even more YMMV.

Good luck to all of you on the final days of what is sure to be the most memorable, and profitable, trade-in deal of 2005!

[quote name='joystickz']

Here's the scoop.

EBGames In Store is having an in-store promotion on the preorder/purchase of PSP games that could potentially make your initial launch library damn near free.

Here's the deal......

ebpspfree6ss.jpg

With this deal, gamers need only trade in THREE games not on THIS LIST to receive one of the EIGHT games shown above.

gretzkyfree3al.jpg

For those of you who can put two and two together, understand that when you get the game from EB it bumps the value of each game that might be normally traded in for 50 cents, up to a third of the price of any of those 39.99 games.

Then, with your sealed game in hand, and receipt (or better, gift receipt) for said game, you are not prohibited from later exchanging it for store credit for the full $40 value of the game.

In essence, the deal isn't "just for those 8 PSP games" because you can still exchange any one of them within 14 days of purchase for full credit.

Better yet... get your credit back on a gift card (make sure it has scratch off pin numbers) and use it online.

Above deal ends April 10th.

Sound easy?
Good.

NOTE: Though this isnt a YMMV deal, the clerks all over don't seem to be too refreshed on it... so make sure you're cool with the employees enough to share some patience until they work it out in the computer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tenzor']I saw the flyer, it is only for the following games

Trade in 3 select PS2,XB,GC games and get any of the following for free*
*you still have to pay the sales tax

valid until 4/12/05

MLB 2006
World Tour Soccer
NBA
Gretsky NHL
Twisted Metal
Wipeout
Ape Escape
ATV Offroad

basically all sony 1st party launch games, so since games like Hot Shots and Gran Turismo PSP wont be out at launch they dont apply[/quote]

actually Tenzor...
This is the first I've heard of this deal...
I called three SoCal EB's and none have heard of said deal or flyer... yet they were familiar with the game = 10 bucks towards PSP game promo..

with the deal you speak of...
one could trade in three for one game... as opposed to trading 4 games to get 40 bucks towards any psp game...

in which i'd recommend trading 3 games for a launch games from that small list then returning them for ones you want...

so really... even if you dont have the flyer... which store location did you see it at?

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='stag8603'][quote name='bloodymurray']Traded:
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Super Bust A Move
Graduis III & IV

Got Twisted Metal...now i just need to find a way to get the PSP:)[/quote]

:rofl:

i hope you weren't serious...[/quote]

jeeeeeeeez.... GET A BRAIN MORAN![/quote]

geez, sorry if i offended you

[quote name='stag8603'][quote name='joystickz'][quote name='stag8603'][quote name='bloodymurray']Traded:
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Super Bust A Move
Graduis III & IV

geez, sorry if i offended you[/quote]

no, you werent offending me...
sorry if i quoted you...
i was just teasing bloodymurray

i have the flyer infront of me, but no scanner :(
i got it in seattle. Just like he said, three games = one new PSP game, from the 8 he listed.

As far as trade-ins go, i got a couple Jampack 11's and saw that Cubix: Robots for Everyone wasn't on the exclusion list! Blockbuster has these for $4.99 with a b2g1 free going on... This could really work out well from some cheapass PSP games...

Anyone try to trade in Cubix yet?

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='stag8603'][quote name='joystickz'][quote name='stag8603'][quote name='bloodymurray']Traded:
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Super Bust A Move
Graduis III & IV

geez, sorry if i offended you[/quote]

no, you werent offending me...
sorry if i quoted you...
i was just teasing bloodymurray[/quote]

okay, i am not very confident in my sense of humor i guess...my bad

[quote name='swetooth9']damn..soo many psp games i want...

twisted metal
darkstalkers
nba street
nfsu
lumines

and much more![/quote]

i think that is a good thing cause my ds had(and still has) mostly crapy games. only games i care about are warioware and mario64(which i am getting tired of). speaking of these free psp games, this deal is only for console games right. i know that is what the topic says, but it makes sense that you could trade in handheld games for a new handheld.

[quote name='fivecardstud']i have the flyer infront of me, but no scanner :(
i got it in seattle. Just like he said, three games = one new PSP game, from the 8 he listed.

As far as trade-ins go, i got a couple Jampack 11's and saw that Cubix: Robots for Everyone wasn't on the exclusion list! Blockbuster has these for $4.99 with a b2g1 free going on... This could really work out well from some cheapass PSP games...

Anyone try to trade in Cubix yet?[/quote]

which seattle location specifically?

i just bought 8 new jampacks volume 11 today at walmart. Iwish they were cheaper but i got them for 4.93 a piece. Im gonna trade them in tomorrow and if all goes well im gonna buy more from walmart

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='tenzor']I saw the flyer, it is only for the following games

valid until 4/12/05

MLB 2006
World Tour Soccer
NBA
Gretsky NHL
Twisted Metal
Wipeout
Ape Escape
ATV Offroad

basically all sony 1st party launch games, so since games like Hot Shots and Gran Turismo PSP wont be out at launch they dont apply[/quote]

actually Tenzor...
I called three SoCal EB's and none have heard of said deal or flyer... yet they were familiar with the game = 10 bucks towards PSP game promo..

one could trade in three for one game... as opposed to trading 4 games to get 40 bucks towards any psp game...

in which i'd recommend trading 3 games for a launch games from that small list then returning them for ones you want...

so really... even if you dont have the flyer... which store location did you see it at?[/quote]

joystickz, I replied to your PM, but I thought I would post this here so if anyone else was wondering.

The flyers just came out, so most stores may not know about it yet because they didn't receive it yet or haven't open the marketing box. I am almost 80% sure that you have to trade in 3 games, and not just two or 1 for this deal unlike the other PSP trade in deal. Also if your EB doesn't knwo anything about it, just tell them you saw it on the website and for them to just scan the games in and hit F12 (after scanning one of the sony psp titles also). It will do everything automatically and they will be all surprise as to how you know all this and they don't. :wink:

[quote name='petemon69']i just bought 8 new jampacks volume 11 today at walmart. Iwish they were cheaper but i got them for 4.93 a piece. Im gonna trade them in tomorrow and if all goes well im gonna buy more from walmart[/quote]

Be careful because most Jampacks are excluded from these deals, and if they aren't some EBs will not take in demo disc for trade ins.

[quote name='bloodymurray']oh i'm serious. Did everyone here pre order one? I will be out on the 23rd at midnight searching for one![/quote]

i'm pretty sure best buy will have quite a few sense they are not taking pre-orders in store.

[quote name='tenzor'][quote name='petemon69']i just bought 8 new jampacks volume 11 today at walmart. Iwish they were cheaper but i got them for 4.93 a piece. Im gonna trade them in tomorrow and if all goes well im gonna buy more from walmart[/quote]

Be careful because most Jampacks are excluded from these deals, and if they aren't some EBs will not take in demo disc for trade ins.[/quote]

Most Jampacks are excluded, but not Volume 11. And excluding demos isn't store policy, that's just employees making up bullshit to screw with you.

Damn, wish I knew about the trade in 3 deal, before I spent so much on the one for $10 deal. BTW, does anyone know where to get Xbox Exhibitions? I checked multiple EBs, Gamestops, and Circuit Citys, but none of them had even a single copy.

jampack vol.11 isnt excluded, anyways ill jsut call and ask if volume 11 is excluded and if it isnt then i'll dump all 8 onto them and go buy more. lol. So basically im getting doucle my money in store credit, so i'll be getting everything I buy half off. This is such a sweet deal. I just need to find out where to get these jampacks for cheaper though. I'll try circuit city tomorrow while I bring these jampacks in to EB.

[quote name='tenzor']I saw the flyer, it is only for the following games

valid until 4/12/05

MLB 2006
World Tour Soccer
NBA
Gretsky NHL
Twisted Metal
Wipeout
Ape Escape
ATV Offroad

Damn, no Untold Legends. huh? Well, it's still worth it for Twisted Metal.

I never really bothered to check out this thread until now. And I must say, what the hell was I thinking? I have these games which are not on the exclusion list:

-PS2
Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
Dynasty Warriors 3
Gungrave: Overdose
Midnight Club II
Rygar: The Legendary Adventure
Samurai Warriors
SSX3
Tony Hawk's Underground

-GCN
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Spider-Man
SSX Tricky
Star Fox Adventures
Star Wars: Rebel Strike demo
Wave Race: Blue Storm

-Xbox
Colin McRae Rally 04
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Dance Dance Revolution UltraMix
Dead or Alive 3

I don't know what I want to get (whether it's the 3 select games trade-in, or the guaranteed $10 each trade-in). So we'll see once I make a trip to the mall tomorrow. :)

One question, is the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike pre-order demo accepted? I didn't see that on the exclusion list...

[quote name='Socheata']I never really bothered to check out this thread until now. And I must say, what the hell was I thinking? I have these games which are not on the exclusion list:

-PS2
Dynasty Warriors 3
Tony Hawk's Underground

-GCN
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Spider-Man
SSX Tricky
Star Fox Adventures
Star Wars: Rebel Strike demo
Wave Race: Blue Storm

-Xbox
Colin McRae Rally 04
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Dead or Alive 3

I don't know what I want to get (whether it's the 3 select games trade-in, or the guaranteed $10 each trade-in). So we'll see once I make a trip to the mall tomorrow. :)

One question, is the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike pre-order demo accepted? I didn't see that on the exclusion list...[/quote]

WHOA!!!

Gauntlet Dark LEgacy on GC fetches a pretty penny.... hold on to that one...

EDIT: actually, i guess not... fetching an average of 20 on ebay...

for some reason i remember it going for a ridiculous price....

whatever.

I'd oust all of those.

Has anyone tried trading in the Circuit City KillZone demo disc? It's not on the exclusion list either...oh well, it doesn't hurt to try if no one hasn't done it yet. ^_^

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='tenzor']I saw the flyer, it is only for the following games

valid until 4/12/05

MLB 2006
World Tour Soccer
NBA
Gretsky NHL
Twisted Metal
Wipeout
Ape Escape
ATV Offroad

actually Tenzor...

so really... even if you dont have the flyer... which store location did you see it at?[/quote]

I didnt' know of this deal either until I saw it on the computer at EB today. I guess a lot of EB employees don't know about it because they were never properly informed about this deal.

If this is true, I'll to go and get Ape Escape, Wipeout, and Twisted Metal. Hopefully Blockbuster will have some cheap games....

"Damn, wish I knew about the trade in 3 deal, before I spent so much on the one for $10 deal. BTW, does anyone know where to get Xbox Exhibitions? I checked multiple EBs, Gamestops, and Circuit Citys, but none of them had even a single copy."

i am pretty sure i saw a few at TRU. they are probably dirt cheap if they have them because they are in the 90% off deal.

ya so far i have gotten the following for around $10 each. All I do is go to Blockbuster and I have a handy dandy list of PO games at Eb that are not exluded and by three or four of them for around 10 bucks. I use the buy 2 get 1 free deal. So far I have bought Lumines,WipeOut,Ridge Racer, and NBA street, today im going to another BB and see what else they have. So far $170 worth of games for $40. Yippy!

[quote name='Amc5kidz']MrFriday - Where is this list of games not excluded?[/quote]

On the first page of this thread is the exclusion list-im not sure if they have a non-exclusion list

Do the games you trade-in need to be complete? I just bought a copy of kill.switch for $8 from BB. I want to trade it but it has no instructions.

I went into EB Games just a few minutes ago, and there were new employees working there. I tried to explain to them about the $10 trade-in deal, but they didn't know what the hell I was talking about. I tried to remember the promotion number, but I forgot. :( They did, however, have that flyer in the store for trading in 3 select PS2/Xbox/GCN games and get a first-party PSP game for free. So I took advantage of that instead. I traded these games:

-PS2
Dynasty Warriors 3
Hot Shots Golf Fore!
Midnight Club II
Samurai Warriors
SSX3

-GCN
Burnout
Spider-Man
SSX Tricky
Star Fox Adventures

-Xbox
Colin McRae Rally 04
Dead or Alive 3

And got these PSP games:
Ape Escape
ATV Offroad Fury
NHL Gretzky
Twisted Metal: Head On
Wipeout Pure

All I did was pay tax ($13.75) and I'm good to go. ^_^

Oh, and they didn't take the KillZone demo or the Star Wars: Rebel Strike preorder demo. :(

[quote name='Rubberlegs']Do the games you trade-in need to be complete? I just bought a copy of kill.switch for $8 from BB. I want to trade it but it has no instructions.[/quote]

I traded in my Dead or Alive 3 which lacks an instruction manual, and it worked fine.

I called EB today and asked if jampack volume 11 was excluded and the guy said yes they are and I said well volume 11 wasnt on the exclusion list, so why are you trying to bullshit me? He started stuttering and whatnot and checked in the computer and they werent excluded. People really piss me off. Im gonna bring them in tomorrow and get my moneys worth. lol

I also called EBX and asked about the promo 3404 and he said it ended 2 weeks ago which is bull because i did this deal about 4 days ago. People are jerks man i tell you.

just got back from EB and traded in three games for Wipeout:

Jampack V11 ($5 at fred meyer)
PS2 Cubix: Robots for Everyone ($5 at Blockbuster used, $8 new)
PS2 Klonoa 2 ($10 at Blockbuster)

Ive got doubles of all from BB's b2g1 sale, so I can trade in for another game later... Cubix works! This rocks!

[quote name='fivecardstud']

![/quote]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIS A RARITY!!!!

DO NOT TRADE TO EB!!!!

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='fivecardstud']

![/quote]

TIS A RARITY!!!!

DO NOT TRADE TO EB!!!!

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o[/quote]

Hmm..maybe I should go by another one then... EB only gave $3 credit for it though (before the trade in deal), how rare could it be?

[quote name='fivecardstud'][quote name='joystickz'][quote name='fivecardstud']

![/quote]

TIS A RARITY!!!!

DO NOT TRADE TO EB!!!!

Hmm..maybe I should go by another one then... EB only gave $3 credit for it though (before the trade in deal), how rare could it be?[/quote]

GS sells it for ~$25 used.

[quote name='fivecardstud'][quote name='joystickz'][quote name='fivecardstud']

![/quote]

TIS A RARITY!!!!

DO NOT TRADE TO EB!!!!

Hmm..maybe I should go by another one then... EB only gave $3 credit for it though (before the trade in deal), how rare could it be?[/quote]

its not... hundred dollar RARE...

its more like... very very very uncommon.

that... and its a fantastic game.

[quote name='ajh2298']Here is a pick from that newer offer(sorry its not the greatest but I tried):

[/quote]

awesome ajh2298, but i thik myself and eveyone else is really more interested in fine print...

can you repic or retype it?

[quote name='joystickz'][quote name='ajh2298']Here is a pick from that newer offer(sorry its not the greatest but I tried):

[/quote]

awesome ajh2298, but i thik myself and eveyone else is really more interested in fine print...

can you repic or retype it?[/quote]

SMALL PRINT ON THE BOTTOM
"Offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. Not valid on previous purchases. While supplies last. Offer not valid at EBgames.com. No substitutions can be made. No rain checks will be issued. Customers may be responsible for sales tax in some states. See sales associate for complete details. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB games. Offer Expires April 10, 2005."

[quote name='lord_ebonstone'][quote name='ajh2298']Offer Expires April 10, 2005."[/quote]Mwhahahahahahahahahahaha.[/quote]

I don't get it...what's so funny?

I can trade in multiples and get a list sinse my best friend works at EB, also im friends with all the employees and the manager so they let me exploit every deal.

[quote name='MrFriday18']I can trade in multiples and get a list sinse my best friend works at EB, also im friends with all the employees and the manager so they let me exploit every deal.[/quote]

i envy you.....

[quote name='MrFriday18']I can trade in multiples and get a list sinse my best friend works at EB, also im friends with all the employees and the manager so they let me exploit every deal.[/quote]

me too.. i can't trade in multiples ("store policy"?!?) so its more of a pain to make these deals work. I need an insider!

Excluding multiples is YMMV, but there's nothing in their computers that will block the deal. But it's a good idea to mix it up, or trade in small batches. If the higher-ups catch wind of this, they might really exclude it from future deals.

I realize the trade-ins are YMMV, but could we compile a list of games that aren't on the exclusion list yet can be picked up for cheap at, say, BB/Gamerush? (B2G1)

I'd like to get a couple PSP games for cheap considering I'm paying full price for the system.

[quote name='arsenalgear'][quote name='lord_ebonstone'][quote name='ajh2298']Offer Expires April 10, 2005."[/quote]Mwhahahahahahahahahahaha.[/quote]

I don't get it...what's so funny?[/quote]That was an evil laugh, not a funny laugh. I laugh because I have til April 10th to exploit this deal.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I realize the trade-ins are YMMV, but could we compile a list of games that aren't on the exclusion list yet can be picked up for cheap at, say, BB/Gamerush? (B2G1)
[/quote]

I second this. Its tough those cause blockbusters out here in seattle change prices from store to store. I'm looking for anything i can get non-excluded for under 10 bucks. My list so far:

Cubix: Robots for Everyone (PS2/GC)
Silent Hill 3 (PS2)
Rayman Hoodlum Havoc (PS2)
Timesplitters 2 (PS2)
Freak Flyers (GC only!)

bread's done
Back