Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
People can have their opinions, but when they make up shit & act holier than thou for only getting one free copy of a game, then they are the ones that are asses, not I.

However I don't need to prove myself or anything to anyone. ESPECIALLY not on any forums.

Besides, my family is taken care of...why the hell does anyone else care what I do? It's none of anyone else's damn business!

[quote name='thebytewasbit']why the hell does anyone else care what I do? It's none of anyone else's damn business![/QUOTE]

then take your own advice and don't brag about it.

Got the manager to override Transformers and got it free. He agreed that it was pretty weak to release a coupon and then make it useless with a sale. I couldn't believe it. :applause:

Gave it a shot at the Cambridge MA Best Buy. Shot down. Settled for $10 Terminator :360: and Let's Tap and $5 Saints Row 2. Still nice prices for the games.

Then, I went back to my car and the starter didn't work. Karma's a bitch, I guess? :lol: Anyway, hopefully that won't be too expensive to fix... varies widely depending on the car.

[quote name='drktrpr1']My local BB is full of hotties, I don't know what it is. So many short skinny girls it's outrageous.[/QUOTE]

LOL, guess the trip to try was worth it.

[quote name='Rollobobo']LOL, guess the trip to try was worth it.[/QUOTE]

at first i thought you were refering to the post above you ( mike tooles)

The cashier was being very cool. I price matched the 12 month card for $20 bucks with no trouble, got a sherlock holmes case for free, and gave her the transformers with the coupon. Everything else rung up but the transformers was still $20. She went to get a manager who read the coupon for literally a minute and then read the bold print and nicely turned me down. Oh well, still got a hell of a deal :)

[quote name='Rollobobo']LOL, guess the trip to try was worth it.[/QUOTE]

Short and skinny.

Ew.
That doesn't sound appealing.

Got turned down at first and then manager came over and did it anyway and said it was a one-time deal and I told him thanks for understanding.

[quote name='Envel']The cashier was being very cool. I price matched the 12 month card for $20 bucks with no trouble, got a sherlock holmes case for free, and gave her the transformers with the coupon. Everything else rung up but the transformers was still $20. She went to get a manager who read the coupon for literally a minute and then read the bold print and nicely turned me down. Oh well, still got a hell of a deal :)[/QUOTE]

Can I ask what the deal was to get the free Sherlock Holmes item?

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Can I ask what the deal was to get the free Sherlock Holmes item?[/QUOTE]

Buy any Live item > $20 and get it.

Like, for example, those $20/year XBL cards

BTW, is anyone in need of the Sherlock Holmes female avatar costume?

I've got 2 free codes, so the first 2 to PM me get 'em.

Edit: sent them out to 2 CAGs.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Justin42']But how else could I feed my children??

On a serious note, thanks to all on the east coast for the early reports-- it was nice to not have to race off to BB just to get into an awkward cashier moment. And I guess my inconvenient trip out to BB last week to get Let's Tap for $10 wasn't entirely in vain.[/QUOTE]

dont forget i lost my job

Are you guys price matching Sears at Best Buy for the $19.99 3 month cards? Do they not notice that it is the 3 month version and not the 12 month one?

Didn't work at BB in Fenton. I was going there anyway to get the 1st season of Fringe on Blu Ray. Awesome price this week($30). I tried to get a copy of Mad World and Tarnsformers, coupons didn't work, which I expected. Still got Mad World, I've been wanting that game.

Also, there's some pretty hot girls that work at my BB too.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Are you guys price matching Sears at Best Buy for the $19.99 3 month cards? Do they not notice that it is the 3 month version and not the 12 month one?[/QUOTE]

The 12 Month one WAS on sale for $19.99 as well (and might very well still be showing up on the website).

Got shot down @ the Rego Park BB in NYC. The computer didn't register the discount for Transformers since it was on sale. Picked up a copy of Pokemon (DS) for $9.99 so it wasn't a total loss.

[quote name='bakutenten']Got shot down @ the Rego Park BB in NYC. The computer didn't register the discount for Transformers since it was on sale. Picked up a copy of Pokemon (DS) for $9.99 so it wasn't a total loss.[/QUOTE]wasnt it a mad house in there. i was in there to pick up 2 12/xblcards for $20. i tried for the TF2 and didnt go thru. so i was like screw it

I got denied Chapel Hill, OH. I then had to go to Canton to get a book at Borders there, and I tried it at BB. The GM was the manager that came up and he remembered me from when GH was on sale and I argued with him over the $5 coupon working too, and he just said "go ahead and do it" since he apparently didn't want to deal with me again. :p

EDIT: KrayzieKMF walked out behind me I'm guessing(he was behind me in line, so I'm assuming he got out) so we both got out alive to post again. :)

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Can I ask what the deal was to get the free Sherlock Holmes item?[/QUOTE]

Buy any live item over 20 bucks and they marked down the sherlock live pack promo thing to 0 inside you could redeme a code for a free movie ticken and they had codes for avatar costumes.

[quote name='dabamus']I got denied Chapel Hill, OH. I then had to go to Canton to get a book at Borders there, and I tried it at BB. The GM was the manager that came up and he remembered me from when GH was on sale and I argued with him over the $5 coupon working too, and he just said "go ahead and do it" since he apparently didn't want to deal with me again. :p

EDIT: KrayzieKMF walked out behind me I'm guessing(he was behind me in line, so I'm assuming he got out) so we both got out alive to post again. :)[/QUOTE]

Yup, I'm still alive!

There were signs posted all over one of the local BBY's stating that the $10 coupon could not be used in combination with the sale prices.

[quote name='DarkZion']Sounds a lot better than tall and fat.[/QUOTE]

I would say there's a high and low. I like in the middle.

[quote name='Zippon']OR maybe it's because of the d-bags who bought 10-20 copies of FTF that Best Buy finally decided to get more pro-active about these potential loopholes?

Some of us cautioned against abusing the deals like that--that it would draw more attention to what CAGs are doing. But the reply was, "It's always worked before, it doesn't matter." Yeah, and FTF got shut down quicker than any other deal. And now this one is dead before it started. Thanks, d-bags. You know who you are....[/QUOTE]

Bought would actually mean spending money. taking coupons around from store to store and getting free games isnt buying. i dont think they really cared about the free games. many stores offer free stuff to get you in the store and you buy something else. Old navy had a line around the corner on black friday for the lego rock band promotion. then they anounced they only were giving away 50 copies of the game and most of the people didnt walk away they went in and bought something anyway. i think this was best buys intention but with people abusing the system and not actually buying anything i dont think they had any choice. im sure we will see more promotions like SR2 for $5 and $10 for QOS and midnight Los Angeles but i think the free gravy train is over

Couldn't be helped, had to attempt. Was shot down at HW169/71st Tulsa, OK trying to get 1 copy of Let's Tap.

EDIT: I would have picked up Let's Tap for $5...but I just can't be bothered for $10 for some reason.

[quote name='deejay726']Bought would actually mean spending money. taking coupons around from store to store and getting free games isnt buying. i dont think they really cared about the free games. many stores offer free stuff to get you in the store and you buy something else. Old navy had a line around the corner on black friday for the lego rock band promotion. then they anounced they only were giving away 50 copies of the game and most of the people didnt walk away they went in and bought something anyway. i think this was best buys intention but with people abusing the system and not actually buying anything i dont think they had any choice. im sure we will see more promotions like SR2 for $5 and $10 for QOS and midnight Los Angeles but i think the free gravy train is over[/QUOTE]

You had to spend $20 to get the copy of Lego Rock Band actually.

Yeah, I hope you arseholes enjoy all those copies of FTF you got! (I got 2 for my kids) but you should have known getting 10+ copies would end this gravy train. Oh well, we may have to go back to paying for games.

[quote name='Casteor']I would say there's a high and low. I like in the middle.[/QUOTE]
I prefer my females to be shorter, but I suppose the middle range is pretty decent as well.

[quote name='RXDAWGG'] Oh well, we may have to go back to paying for games.[/QUOTE]
I'd rather pay for games instead of watching company after company go bankrupt.

[quote name='RXDAWGG']Yeah, I hope you arseholes enjoy all those copies of FTF you got! (I got 2 for my kids) but you should have known getting 10+ copies would end this gravy train. Oh well, we may have to go back to paying for games.[/QUOTE]

lol and you're letting your kids play an m rate game?

[quote name='DarkZion']I prefer my females to be shorter, but I suppose the middle range is pretty decent as well.

I'd rather pay for games instead of watching company after company go bankrupt.[/QUOTE]

Or the quality of games getting shitter and shittier because they make less $$

Maybe we'll go back to playing retro games because they're cheap or we can just pay for the damn games and call it a day.
(No offense to any retro gamers)

[quote name='jmillion']wasnt it a mad house in there. i was in there to pick up 2 12/xblcards for $20. i tried for the TF2 and didnt go thru. so i was like screw it[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is I shouldn't bother on Wednesday.

After reading the past few pages I guess I'll pass on this Free TF2 game fiasco. I was gonna drive to my BB today and try it but I have a cold and this thread saved me time and gas lol.

Madworld is a steal at $10.

look you would think a big corporation like Best Buy would've caught on by the
x-blades fiasco, but they didn't and even before that they didn't. It all comes down lack of communication from all departments involved. Now I honestly think that there will be more in the coming months.
But only time will tell.

Well went to BB this morning to get some Blu's for $9.99 and figured I'd try the coupons for Let's Tap, Madworld, and Transformers. Got denied for Mad and Transformers but got Let's Tap for free. Ended up getting 6 blu's for $9.99 each and Let's Tap which I didn't even think it was going to work. Was thinking about going to get another copy but not even going to worry about it. My son will like the game and it looks pretty fun.

[quote name='neoz']Well went to BB this morning to get some Blu's for $9.99 and figured I'd try the coupons for Let's Tap, Madworld, and Transformers. Got denied for Mad and Transformers but got Let's Tap for free. Ended up getting 6 blu's for $9.99 each and Let's Tap which I didn't even think it was going to work. Was thinking about going to get another copy but not even going to worry about it. My son will like the game and it looks pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

was let's tap free after a manual override?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']was let's tap free after a manual override?[/QUOTE]

The cashier didn't even have to do a manual override. I just put the blu's up there along with the games and then gave the cashier the coupon and it came up as free.

[quote name='knightsdwn']You had to spend $20 to get the copy of Lego Rock Band actually.[/QUOTE]

That would have been nice if they actually did that. I wanted to buy only a jacket, so I would have been in and out in no time and should have gotten the game. But the fucking employees just handed them out at the door on the way in.

[quote name='bigredvan14']That would have been nice if they actually did that. I wanted to buy only a jacket, so I would have been in and out in no time and should have gotten the game. But the fucking employees just handed them out at the door on the way in.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty weak on their part.

I'll try and get a free copy of Let's Tap tomorrow and I'll make sure to report my findings.

Got denied in Raleigh NC. Tried Let's Tap the guy said no deal cause of the game being on sale. Then told him to try Transformers 2 same deal.

bread's done
Back