Dey tuk our OTT!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're just not particularly mellow, very raw and loud. They're actually #3 on my Last.fm, behind The Clash and Radiohead. :cool:

I would recommend some Explosions in the Sky and Godspeed You! Black Emperor, both are like modern, rock based classical music, to put it simply(long, building instrumentals, no vocals.)

Explosions in the Sky:

How Strange, Innocence
Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever
The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place
All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone

GY!BE:

F♯A♯∞
Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven
Yanqui U.X.O.

It can take a while for the music to build up so it's not the shit you put on your iPod on shuffle. I like to leave it on in the background or set it at night to help me get to sleep.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Joy Division isn't bad, but you may not like them since you primarily listen to hip hop, zew.

I've had that happen 'cause of my reception issues before; could that be it?[/QUOTE]

I've had zero problems with reception. I'm gonna give it a shot in a little bit and see if it fixes itself.

Here's what I'm dl'ing for freeleach:

Metric - Live It Out
Kashiwa Daisuke - Program Music I
The Cardigans - Emmerdale
Jaguar Love - Jaguar Love EP
The Cardigans - First Band on the Moon
White Zombie - La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Vol. 1
Liars - Fins to Make Us more Fish Like [EP]
Mono - Walking Cloud and Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered and the Sun Shined
The Black Keys - Attack & Release
Aube - Imagery Resonance
Health - DISCO
Ratatat - LP3
Pure Reason Revolution - In the Realm of Divine
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien - 11th Hour
MF DOOM - MM..FOOD
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Ladytron - Witching Hour
Ladytron - Velocifero
DD/MM/YYYY - Are They Masks?
xbxrx - Sixth In Sixes
Japanther - Leather Wings
Best Fwends - Alphabetically Arranged
The Locust - Well I'll Be a Monkey's Uncle
The Locust - Follow the Flock, Step in Shit
Black Eyes - Cough
Ratatat - Classics
Pre - Epic Fits
Boris - Pink

So far...

[quote name='zewone']Justin Timberlake. :cool:[/QUOTE]Heh.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I would recommend some Explosions in the Sky and Godspeed You! Black Emperor, both are like modern, rock based classical music, to put it simply(long, building instrumentals, no vocals.) [/QUOTE]That's called post-rock. ;)

If you like post-rock, try out 65daysofstatic (more electronic/a bit harsher, depending on which album you grab) and World's End Girlfriend (could be the best thing ever).

What the hell?

Someone else uploaded that album 6 months before me, but it wasn't there when I checked to make sure it wasn't there. Weak sauce.

Genres and labels suck dick, when I set up my final music library and start archiving it I'm blanking all the ID3 tags on that bitch. :cool: :cool: :cool:

[quote name='Liquid 2']Heh.

That's called post-rock. ;)

If you like post-rock, try out 65daysofstatic (more electronic/a bit harsher, depending on which album you grab) and World's End Girlfriend (could be is the best thing ever).[/QUOTE]

ahem.

[quote name='rabbitt']I've had zero problems with reception. I'm gonna give it a shot in a little bit and see if it fixes itself.

Here's what I'm dl'ing for freeleach:

Metric - Live It Out
Kashiwa Daisuke - Program Music I
The Cardigans - Emmerdale
Jaguar Love - Jaguar Love EP
The Cardigans - First Band on the Moon
White Zombie - La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Vol. 1
Liars - Fins to Make Us more Fish Like [EP]
Mono - Walking Cloud and Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered and the Sun Shined
The Black Keys - Attack & Release
Aube - Imagery Resonance
Health - DISCO
Ratatat - LP3
Pure Reason Revolution - In the Realm of Divine
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien - 11th Hour
MF DOOM - MM..FOOD
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Ladytron - Witching Hour
Ladytron - Velocifero
DD/MM/YYYY - Are They Masks?
xbxrx - Sixth In Sixes
Japanther - Leather Wings
Best Fwends - Alphabetically Arranged
The Locust - Well I'll Be a Monkey's Uncle
The Locust - Follow the Flock, Step in Shit
Black Eyes - Cough
Ratatat - Classics
Pre - Epic Fits
Boris - Pink
So far...[/QUOTE]Good call with PRR, Aube, Kashiwa Daisuke, Boris, and Mono.

[quote name='rabbitt']ahem.[/QUOTE]My mistake. :)

Zew, could you post up that link to create a Japanese PSN account again. I'm in the middle of the process and I don't know what I'm doing at this one screen ... I think it's where I have to enter my email address but since it's all kanji I have no idea what's going on. :lol:

[quote name='Liquid 2']Good call with PRR, Aube, Kashiwa Daisuke, Boris, and Mono.

[/QUOTE]

Most of them were your rec's to begin with :p

I need some more albums to dl.

[quote name='rabbitt']Most of them were your rec's to begin with :p

I need some more albums to dl.[/QUOTE]Must be why I think they're good. ;)

Get Grayceon's self-titled, as well as Meanwhile, Back in Communist Russia's My Elixir;My Poison.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Get Akuma No Uta and Smile by BORIS as well as any My Bloody Valentine on there. And Beck, too.[/QUOTE]I was looking for more Boris; thanks.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Get Akuma No Uta and Smile by BORIS as well as any My Bloody Valentine on there. And Beck, too.

=====

And I agree, Jimmie.[/quote]

Agreed, Akuma No Uta is their best album IMO.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Must be why I think they're good. ;)

Get Grayceon's self-titled, as well as Meanwhile, Back in Communist Russia's My Elixir;My Poison.
[/QUOTE]

I recommended Grayceon to you in the first place, nucca ;) And I recommend them to any other currently active members of the OTT as well. I'll grab My Elixir;My Poison.

Smile was the first album by Boris I listened to and that interested me enough to dl Pink.

[quote name='rabbitt']I recommended Grayceon to you in the first place, nucca ;) And I recommend them to any other currently active members of the OTT as well. I'll grab My Elixir;My Poison.[/QUOTE]My bad. :rofl:

I think you'd like Nadja's Touched.

Shoot me some back, mang.

[quote name='Maklershed']Zew, could you post up that link to create a Japanese PSN account again. I'm in the middle of the process and I don't know what I'm doing at this one screen ... I think it's where I have to enter my email address but since it's all kanji I have no idea what's going on. :lol:[/quote]

Mak check your PSN account. I sent you the username and pass to my JPN account. Since I am not buying anything on it, I don't care if other people use it.

[quote name='joe2187']Tom Clancy Sucks dog balls.[/quote]i like d his books till Ryan becaem freakin superman.
Clancy looks the same in every picture.

images
images
images

oh way daring. no hat! :drool:
images

Someone go close that Target $10 off of $50 thread or something. Dudes are being dicks, and apparently it was a fluke anyway.

Grabbed these albums, so far:

Telepopmusik - Angel Milk
Groove Armada - Soundboy Rock
Groove Armada - Late Night Tales
Groove Armada - Feel the Same (Muthafunkaz Remixes)
Kings of Convenience vs. Royksopp - I Don't Know What I Can Save You From
Royksopp - The Understanding (Deluxe Edition)
Royksopp - Back to Mine
Royksopp - What Else Is There?
Faithless - Forever Faithless

Dang, Melody AM was that joint back in 2002.[quote name='guinaevere']i like d[/QUOTE]:cool:

Are you drunk?

Where's Jimmie when you need him?

[quote name='rabbitt']Liquid, you have a Pearl, right? Ever have any problems with it?[/quote]

i think some of the menu options are counter-intuitive but overall i have better service than everyone i know on att and enjoy it overall.

[quote name='Liquid 2']My bad. :rofl:

I think you'd like Nadja's Touched.

Shoot me some back, mang.[/QUOTE]

Will check out. For you:

na+じゅんこ (weird Japanese pop music)

Past Lives (experimental rock, member of Blood Brothers)

Pelican (instrumental post-rock lightly coated in doom metal)

Digitalism (solid electronic, not great but decent)

HEALTH (dunno if I recommended this one or not, but definitely check out their self-titled and watch a live video of them)

Pizzicato Five (fun indie-pop japanese group)

Ex Models (groovy hardcore punk band)

That should do for now. The first two bands, Past Lives and na+じゅんこ, don't have any releases yet so you may have to resort to myspacing them to get a taste.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Sara Jessica Parker looks like a fuckin foot. I mean, honestly, how awful is she.[/QUOTE]

What gets me is when I tell people I think she's ugly as sin, they're like "whaaa?!!?" and look at me like I'm blind.

[quote name='guinaevere']done. now go look at my new picture in the family album.[/quote]

I'd hit it...but then i'd have to quit it, unfortunately.

[quote name='rabbitt']Din-din:

sushi.jpg
[/quote]

london broil (tri-tip) marinated in soy sauce, worchestire sauce, and tapatio, grill-roasted (cast iron skillet coated in olive oil on the grill) herbed potatos with fresh garlic and green onions from my garden, and carrots steamed in OJ.

[quote name='rabbitt']Din-din:

sushi.jpg
[/quote]

Noice. Sushi is awesome, I would prefer mine with some Salmon or Eel. But each to his own.

EDIT: I had a Salisbury Steak Frozen dinner for dinner. It was pretty good.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAUOMEX2dfU&eurl=http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154227&highlight=family+album[/media]

:lol:

How does he not get panties to drop with the kick ass red and black Bulls set up? Was that filmed in 1993 with VHS tapes? Why did he keep checking himself out on the monitor? Why isn't his bed also a car?

Gwen is drunk. She keeps PMing me to get me to make a 15 hundred mile booty call. And on the Lord's day too. For shame. For. Shame.

[quote name='JimmieMac']How does he not get panties to drop with the kick ass red and black Bulls set up? Was that filmed in 1993 with VHS tapes? Why did he keep checking himself out on the monitor? Why isn't his bed also a car?[/quote]

Because they don't even make it that far. They hightail it out of there as soon as they see his shower curtain.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAnVNQTXJN0[/media]

Note the keen-dom hearts wallpaper.

[quote name='rabbitt']Will check out. For you:

na+じゅんこ (weird Japanese pop music)

Past Lives (experimental rock, member of Blood Brothers)

Pelican (instrumental post-rock lightly coated in doom metal)

Digitalism (solid electronic, not great but decent)

HEALTH (dunno if I recommended this one or not, but definitely check out their self-titled and watch a live video of them)

Pizzicato Five (fun indie-pop japanese group)

Ex Models (groovy hardcore punk band)

That should do for now. The first two bands, Past Lives and na+じゅんこ, don't have any releases yet so you may have to resort to myspacing them to get a taste.[/QUOTE]
No luck on the first two; can I get links to the first two's myspaces? na+じゅんこ have particularly caught my eye.

And you already recommended me Ex Models. ;)

My haul thus far:
37227920yy8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back