Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

Anyone hear about this yet?

Personally I think that's pretty cool, though now I'm a bit sad that I don't have one... They're beta testing the things right now, but I'm still holding out hope that the wife and I will get to try them out when we're there in a couple of weeks.
I was watching the Inside Disney Infinity podcast and the guys said you could unlock it without owning a MagicBand. You just have to know someone with one and then invite them into your toybox and you'll get the stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else having issues connecting with people online in the toy box? (PS3 version)

Constantly getting errors of failed to join game, even though all other games work fine. Trying to see if this is a server side issue with Disney Interactive rather then PSN.

Was also able to score a lighting mcqeen :) very happy actually.  I moved places last night and apprently my new local toys r us had them in stock yesterday so I got real lucky in them having them this AM when I called.  They told me they had them but could not hold any.  He said a few people actually put it back because they didnt know the value.  Needless to stay we RAN down there and was finally able to snag it. Over all very happy.  When I left the Bellvue WA TRU had one more, though at this point I would not be surprised if they sold.  They only got in 12, so even restocks are very limited.  Totally gonna open and play with mine XD 

Saw that my TRU had a new shipment of Crystal McQueens this morning. I already have one, so I left them there... Still no gold packs, though :( Just gonna have to eBay the damn thing...

I saw 5 on the shelf at TRU on Thursday. There was at least 1 more that was behind the counter due to a in-store pickup order I had placed earlier that day.

I was gonna pick up a few and see if anyone here wanted them, but I didn't want to be greedy.

I'm starting to wonder how accurate the in-store checker is, might stop by my local TRU tomorrow just to see since it's only about 5 minutes out of my way.

finally got my Crystal Lightning Mcqueen, and the Toys R Us Power Disc Pack with Mike's Car today. Wanted to keep it in the package, but my son ripped into it lol. If anyone is having trouble finding one and has family that lives in another state see if they have one around where they live and ask them to pick it up and mail it to you.

I'm starting to wonder how accurate the in-store checker is, might stop by my local TRU tomorrow just to see since it's only about 5 minutes out of my way.
Not very. The online stock checker told the store I bought it from had zero before I called. Best to just call the guy, the will not hold it though, so run down if they do to make sure you get it

Weird... My TRU has had 2 restocks above and beyond what was there the first day, as have many others... Are you checking regularly?
One of them said they haven't had any since they sold out on the first day, the other was sold out and I couldn't find anyone to ask. But I was there 3 times. Wasting gas. If anyone can get a hand on an extra one, I'll pay ya!

I haven't put my crystal figure on the base because I want to keep it in the box, but if I were to guess, the figures themselves don't glow, they're just picking up the LEDs that glow in the base.

The playset tokens work the same way.

Also, Disney Infinity sounds like false advertising. Inifnity is to go on forever without end. But the way this is going to shape up is that come next fall Infinity 2 is going to be on store shelves and the hype will begin again.lol.
Totally. Like the other day I was thinking sports illustrated was false advertising cause I looked inside and there were no illustrations. Just photos.

Totally. Like the other day I was thinking sports illustrated was false advertising cause I looked inside and there were no illustrations. Just photos.
This is just F'ing awesome and hilarious. lol.

Friend said I could borrow his band when he gets back from Vacation. Sweetness

Weird... My TRU has had 2 restocks above and beyond what was there the first day, as have many others... Are you checking regularly?
That's way better than my local shops. One of the two even ran out of the regular power packs; other one still has'em but only because they keep'em locked up behind the counter.

Hoping they're holding stuff for the event.

That's way better than my local shops. One of the two even ran out of the regular power packs; other one still has'em but only because they keep'em locked up behind the counter.

Hoping they're holding stuff for the event.
I'm hoping my store isn't. I'd hate to buy a pack, get home, and end up with another Mike's Car. lol.

Went to Walmart last Saturday night for the Villain playset for $14.96. Of course they were out of stock. They hand wrote me a raincheck on a blank sheet of printer paper. I went in today and they were restocked. Walked out paying $14.96. The cashier marked it down and put it thru without having to call a manager.

Anybody have the Disney Infinity storage container for the figures? My area is starting to get a little cluttered, and this container doesn't look too bad, and I was wondering if anyone wants to share some thoughts on that product.

Anybody have the Disney Infinity storage container for the figures? My area is starting to get a little cluttered, and this container doesn't look too bad, and I was wondering if anyone wants to share some thoughts on that product.
We bought the container because we dont have the necessary shelf space. It's not bad, it still doesn't comfortably fit all the characters in the two, but you can get another and stack those two on top of the other two and have more than enough room. It also has a place to slide the base in, so that is handy. Overall, not a bad purchase for $20

I thought TRU had the Power Discs for basically the same price during launch week?  Weren't they Buy 1, Get 1 for $1 (which was technically cheaper by a penny ;))?

Just noticed that the TRU website, at least in my experience, is no longer offering the crystal Lightning McQueen for in-store pickup. I used to be able to select a store to check for in-store pickup, but now it just says "Available in Stores". Glad I got mine when I did.

The Mike's Car disc, on the other hand, is still available for in-store pickup... it's just not actually in stores ;)

Just an FYI if you guys want to try it. I had a family member who went to Target with the TRU Ad got them to PM the 2 for $20.00 plus the B2G1 Free kicked in so they got three figures for $20.00(or $19.00 after their 5% Red Card Bonus).

Just started the game yesterday and I have a couple questions questions:

1. Should I save my Disney Infinity Vault spins until I see something that's really good on a page and blow all the spins there? Or do they not matter as you'll eventually unlock everything?

2. How are people knowing what's in a disc pack without opening it? I'm gonna buy a couple from TRU today and I noticed people saying something earlier about people doing some trick to know what's inside? I just don't wanna get stuck with a lot of doubles.

1. Should I save my Disney Infinity Vault spins until I see something that's really good on a page and blow all the spins there? Or do they not matter as you'll eventually unlock everything?

2. How are people knowing what's in a disc pack without opening it? I'm gonna buy a couple from TRU today and I noticed people saying something earlier about people doing some trick to know what's inside? I just don't wanna get stuck with a lot of doubles.
Either scratch the package to feel the lenticular "rare" discs such as Dumbo, Abu, Buzz Lightyear mounts or buy them and when you get home place the unopen packs on the base. It can read whats in the packs and if you have doubles its on you if you want to keep them or return them.

Either scratch the package to feel the lenticular "rare" discs such as Dumbo, Abu, Buzz Lightyear mounts or buy them and when you get home place the unopen packs on the base. It can read whats in the packs and if you have doubles its on you if you want to keep them or return them.
I just read up on that, by scratching the middle of the package, how are you supposed to feel a difference?

I just read up on that, by scratching the middle of the package, how are you supposed to feel a difference?
The rare disc faces have ridges while the common disc faces are smooth. If it feels smooth when you scratch the package with your fingernail, it's not rare.

Depending on how fresh your store's stock is, it might not matter if you scratch all the packages as they'll have been picked over already.

As I suspected, the TRU checker isn't accurate at all.  I've been checking all week for both the exclusive packs & McQueen.  Finally dropped by today and they had the McQueen in stock, just no gold packs.  Yeah, I'm never using that again.  If I had dropped by every day after work I'm sure I would've gotten my hands on a gold pack. Oh well.

The image on the rare discs are lenticular. You know, that printing technique you used to see a lot in the early 90s/late 80s where the image would change depending on how you view it.

lenticular.gif

As you may know, lenticular prints generally have very small ridges on the face of the print to facilitate the image change depending on viewing angle. Because of these, you can feel through the package if it's a rare disc or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
is online multiplayer only available in the toybox? Can I do online multiplayer for the playsets?

How do I know if i've gotten all the capsules/done all the missions in the playsets? Is there any progress anywhere? i don't know if I should keep looking for more capsules or if i've gotten them all.

As I suspected, the TRU checker isn't accurate at all. I've been checking all week for both the exclusive packs & McQueen. Finally dropped by today and they had the McQueen in stock, just no gold packs. Yeah, I'm never using that again. If I had dropped by every day after work I'm sure I would've gotten my hands on a gold pack. Oh well.
how many did they have? If there is only 1 or 2 left the store checker will usually say out of stock

is online multiplayer only available in the toybox? Can I do online multiplayer for the playsets?

How do I know if i've gotten all the capsules/done all the missions in the playsets? Is there any progress anywhere? i don't know if I should keep looking for more capsules or if i've gotten them all.
No online multiplayer for play sets only local co-op.

Just an FYI if you guys want to try it. I had a family member who went to Target with the TRU Ad got them to PM the 2 for $20.00 plus the B2G1 Free kicked in so they got three figures for $20.00(or $19.00 after their 5% Red Card Bonus).
Has anyone else tried this? If so please let me know. I would love to get Dash, Francesco, and Mater this way. :)

TRU in HB, CA has Crystal McQueens right now.   

Picked up another one to trade for another crystal figure later, in case I can't find them all.

Picked up another one to trade for another crystal figure later, in case I can't find them all.
I thought that, too... Now I have seen so many crystal McQueens that I would have spent my entire check if I had bought them all. :) My local still had 5 or 6 of them on the shelf today...

Got first rare and my first round disc yesterday at Bestbuy (Buzz and Bolt, respectively). Had a GC to use so grabbed two packs.

Finally hopped into the Incredibles world and really liking the whole layout so far.

Problem is that I can tell I'm gonna fall hard for this game. If the other worlds are as fun to play, then I should just give up any other game for the rest of the year.

Yeah, I've been hoarding Vault spins until I at least have 8. Gives me a good shot at getting something I want sooner.

Been able to grab Pete's Dragon, dancing Broomstick from Fantasia, Tron helmet and a bunch of track and world pieces this way.

I'm in socal too. This gives me hope that my local TRU has'em in stock. The online tracker is pretty much worthless right now.

Definitely YMMV. The system may allow it, but it depends on if the person at Guest Service catches it
The store she went to had no problems PM'ing the TRU price since there was an actual price listed. They just reduced each figure to $10.00 on the receipt and the B1G1 free triggered automatically on the third guy. She said she didn't mention or bring up the B1G1free to the clerk. All she just said was she wanted to PM the TRU ad.

bread's done
Back