Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

Man, I really shouldn't have bought that stupid TRU disc album.

Put my 4 discs in it last night and now I feel like collecting all the others :wall:

Guess I'll be at the TRU sale after all.

And don't remember seeing a discussion, but I think there's already a Jack Skellington world in the game; just need to have his figure to access it.

Came across a vid player in the main hub world (the one with the Castle) which shows Jack in his own universe.  At the end of the vid it gave a message to use his figure to unlock it.

And thinking of all the various characters that could pop up, I'd love it if they made a Gargoyles playset.  Big medieval castle overlooking a modern city... YES PLEASE! :bouncy:

Man, I really shouldn't have bought that stupid TRU disc album.
Put my 4 discs in it last night and now I feel like collecting all the others :wall:
Guess I'll be at the TRU sale after all.

And don't remember seeing a discussion, but I think there's already a Jack Skellington world in the game; just need to have his figure to access it.
Came across a vid player in the main hub world (the one with the Castle) which shows Jack in his own universe. At the end of the vid it gave a message to use his figure to unlock it.

And thinking of all the various characters that could pop up, I'd love it if they made a Gargoyles playset. Big medieval castle overlooking a modern city... YES PLEASE! :bouncy:
Drop by the Power Disc trading thread and put up any duplicates you have for trade.

Why would anyone buy that many off of one guy? I'd understand selling them one by one, but why in a big lot like that? Cutting losses?
Probably more like trying to eek out a tiny profit before he's stuck returning everything to the store.

Starting bid looks to be the total for all the items, if bought at msrp. And he shoulda paid closer to 220, with the TRU sale.

that's messed up. :/ maybe there should be a limit per customer. those people clear out the whole damn shelf. My tru had 3 racks for crystal McQueen and all were empty.

that's messed up. :/ maybe there should be a limit per customer. those people clear out the whole damn shelf. My tru had 3 racks for crystal McQueen and all were empty.
Yeah should be like 2-3 per customer. I can understand buying multiples (2, 3 not 20) if you have kids that want to play as the same character. Or if you want to do the 2 for $22 deal and trade one for another TRU one in the future or what not... But really? I want to punch that guy in the face.

I looked on ebay and saw one guy with all the wave 2 rare hexagonal and circle discs, in Austrilia no less. How?
EB Games is selling the TRU exclusives as well over there. I've heard some of the stores let some customers buy each pack that contained each disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that the three pack-in characters from the starter kit will be available as crystal figures is interesting. Black Friday exclusive starter set maybe?
Or to be more cynical, it could simply be to force (or rather entice) people to double-dip on characters. The regular versions of nearly all the other crystal figures are from the play set packs and not otherwise available individually. So except for a couple (Mickey and Perry), if you want the crystal one as your only version, that is not possible (since, for example, you'd have to get the regular Lightning McQueen when getting the Cars play set).

I'm on the fence myself about getting even all of the regular figures. While I'm trying to put together a set of hexes and discs via trading I'm not so sure about the figures, especially the ones that only work in Toy Box mode. And the only reason I'd want the 3rd (or 4th and 5th in the case of The Incredibles) figure from a set would be to open the vaults in the play sets that are chock full of Toy Box items. But then again, I'm hearing the Toy Box is pretty glitchy and buggy so I may not even bother with that at all.

My son and I have now completed the MU set (nearly to 100% - just need to grab 1 or 2 more collectibles and do a couple of hard challenges), the Lone Ranger set (not nearly 100% but completed the story), and are a good chunk of the way through Pirates now. We haven't even touched The Incredibles or Cars sets yet.

Omg! I finally got a crystal lightning mcqueen to finally complete my set at TRU. Stacked 2 for $22 and didn't clean them out even though they had plenty in stock. :)

Or to be more cynical, it could simply be to force (or rather entice) people to double-dip on characters. The regular versions of nearly all the other crystal figures are from the play set packs and not otherwise available individually. So except for a couple (Mickey and Perry), if you want the crystal one as your only version, that is not possible (since, for example, you'd have to get the regular Lightning McQueen when getting the Cars play set).

I'm on the fence myself about getting even all of the regular figures. While I'm trying to put together a set of hexes and discs via trading I'm not so sure about the figures, especially the ones that only work in Toy Box mode. And the only reason I'd want the 3rd (or 4th and 5th in the case of The Incredibles) figure from a set would be to open the vaults in the play sets that are chock full of Toy Box items. But then again, I'm hearing the Toy Box is pretty glitchy and buggy so I may not even bother with that at all.

My son and I have now completed the MU set (nearly to 100% - just need to grab 1 or 2 more collectibles and do a couple of hard challenges), the Lone Ranger set (not nearly 100% but completed the story), and are a good chunk of the way through Pirates now. We haven't even touched The Incredibles or Cars sets yet.
I saw that Incredibles vault yesterday while playing with my daughter, I had to show it to my wife and say there's no way we're opening that one. Daughter now wants to buy Dash so we can play co-op. Can't imagine having to buy 4 more characters just to open that darn vault.

A few years ago, not being able to open that vault would have really bugged me, but fact of the matter is, it's really not a big deal and I don't need it.

That ladies and gentlemen is why some people frown so much on that practice. No point in putting limits on that stuff as they'l find ways around it. Whether it's getting family to buy it for them or friends or someone, if they want it bad enough they will find a way to beat the system.

Pretty much my sentiment exactly. Until the content of extra characters becomes necessary and/or interesting I'll pass on anything but fan favorites. I did a couple of adventures that are unlocked for Mike and they were typical race/collect events, nothing that interesting. I probably couldn't pass up a Tron figure but Phineas will have to go clearance before I bite.

Pretty much my sentiment exactly. Until the content of extra characters becomes necessary and/or interesting I'll pass on anything but fan favorites. I did a couple of adventures that are unlocked for Mike and they were typical race/collect events, nothing that interesting. I probably couldn't pass up a Tron figure but Phineas will have to go clearance before I bite.
Clearance is the key word for me there. If I see figures for $5, I'll probably buy them. Otherwise I'll stick to the ones my kids want the most. I already feel like having Lightning McQueen and Holly Shiftwell together is a bit redundant. I can't imagine paying retail for Mater and Franchesco on top of that.

Power disc packaging problems in a nutshell right here:

http://bit.ly/1ciyfYF
I know how scratching works but how does the seller know for sure those are those rares indicated inside?

I couldn't believe it but Saturday I ran into a scratcher. I told the guy "just let me know right now which boxes you're going to pilfer so I at least have a chance". He looked a little ashamed and pulled half to his side to indicate his decision.
I would of loved to been there when you told him that. His face must of been priceless lol.

ZiggyGod - once you get them home you can put the packs on the portal and see what is in them.

I actually am happy that the packs are scratchable. Otherwise I wouldn't have a set of the rares right now as I was able to get them myself pretty easily. If they weren't discoverable like that then only large scale resellers (who are able to get a hold of entire boxes and scan them all in game) would have a lot of them in hand. Sure, it means some stores get pilfered, but I was able to find rares no problem at Fred Meyer and Target (TRU on the other hand was pilfered).

If they were completely undiscoverable (either scratching or loading into the game) we'd all be much more frustrated getting 5 or 6 Cinderella Coaches before finding 1 rare. As it is, I have 3 of those bastards and no one wants them for trade.

Clearance is the key word for me there. If I see figures for $5, I'll probably buy them. Otherwise I'll stick to the ones my kids want the most. I already feel like having Lightning McQueen and Holly Shiftwell together is a bit redundant. I can't imagine paying retail for Mater and Franchesco on top of that.
Oh yeah, no doubt - I will get any and all figures at $5 or less. I'd probably even go for half price (what is that, $6.50?). If there is ever a B1G1 sale I'll stock up. I'm hoping I can combine a sale at Fred Meyer with a $10 off $50 coupon at some point this Fall/Winter.

My concern is that we will not be seeing any sort of discount on the Toy Story play set when it is released since they figure people will pay up for that one.

ZiggyGod - once you get them home you can put the packs on the portal and see what is in them.

If they were completely undiscoverable (either scratching or loading into the game) we'd all be much more frustrated getting 5 or 6 Cinderella Coaches before finding 1 rare. As it is, I have 3 of those bastards and no one wants them for trade.
Ahh that makes sense! How you are with the Cinderella's coach is how I am with the Alice Sky lol.

Wow, that's straight retail. Quite impressive given the prices on eBay I saw this past weekend. Especially considering shipping.
All the solo McQueens were running $23+ by themselves.

Yet this bundle sat at a low bid. I kept waiting to get sniped but it didn't happen. :)

I did see a few McQueens pop up in Florida late last week, but they were gone by the time my brother could get there.

the dude who bought all the Crystal Lightning Mcqueen figures is a douchebag! I hope he doesn't auction them off and when he goes to return them, I hope his car breaks down and he has to pay for it with the money he gets on the returns. Is anyone else really excited, but also really dreading the fact that there are gonna be like 13 more exclusive, crystal figures? I can only imagine the pandemonium when the Crystal Mickey releases.

This guy lives in my state like a hour and a half away found him on craigslist he said if I send him money he will send me a decent Disney infinity bundle what do you guys think I should do?

This guy lives in my city found him on eBay he said if I send him money he will send me a decent Disney infinity bundle what do you guys think I should do?
He said if you send him money outside of ebay? Is he going to meet you for a transaction, or you just going to send him money. If it's the latter, SCAM.

He didn't bring up sending money I did. It was off of Craigslist
But ya I'm scared.
I'm scared he will keep my money and not send me the stuff.
How do people on here complete trades?

if you have paypal you have buyer protection and shouldn't be scared.. just file a claim for item not received if you don't get it.

just don't send the money as a paypal gift.

Argh, don't think I'm ever going to get a Crystal Lightning. :[ Might have to resort to ebay.
I keep tossing back and forth in my head whether I want to even bother with the crystal figures or not. As far as I'm concerned they're just for filling those spots in the hall of heroes, because they'll all be otherwise duplicates of figures I already own.

I couldn't believe it but Saturday I ran into a scratcher. I told the guy "just let me know right now which boxes you're going to pilfer so I at least have a chance". He looked a little ashamed and pulled half to his side to indicate his decision.
haha I'm sure he was ashamed that he was found out. None the less I'm sure he'll have no remorse selling them on ebay.

This guy lives in my state like a hour and a half away found him on craigslist he said if I send him money he will send me a decent Disney infinity bundle what do you guys think I should do?
Tell us how nice the bottom of hole in Buffalo Bill's basement looks when you get there. :)
If it doesn't seem legit I wouldn't do it. If you do it bring someone and meet in a very open public place. I had some dude try to meet me behing a store before and I was like nope...not getting raped thank you.

Hey-o, starting to see some TRU power discs and Crystal McQueens coming back in stock in my area. I was able to do a store pickup order for one exclusive power disc pack (yes, one ;) ) at one store, and I got the Lightning McQueen and a Mrs. Incredible ordered at another store on the 2 for $22 deal. Not thrilled about driving between the two stores, but it's better than eBay.

Yep, three TRU stores near me have the McQueen back in stock. No exclusive power discs yet, though, I'm sure they will pop up again soon.

Oh sweet, I didn't think stores would be getting a second shipment. I'll have to keep an eye out for restocks.

Alternatively, if anyone sees an extra figure somewhere and wants to pick me up one, I'll pay for shipping + the figure. And I'll throw in a few power discs for your trouble.

So I set up an in-store pickup at a local store and they've apparently got one for me...of course I made the mistake of not adding a second figure to the order to get 2 for $22...I'm debating if I want to do so or not.

I figure worst case scenario I can identify myself to the customer service clerk and tell her that I want to let the online order lapse and just buy the figure myself with a second.

Or I could just return it immediately and have them re-ring it with a second figure. Hmm. Any thoughts, fellow Cheap-Assers?

Hey guys I don't know if this is a good deal or not (I haven't really been following Disney Infinity at all) but Newegg has an Infinity combo deal today I will post it here please don't kill me if it sucks lol.

[SIZE=1em]Disney Infinity Playset Pack: Cars, Lone Rangers + Figure 3 Pack: Sidekicks, Villains[/SIZE]
Combo Price = $109.96 (Reg. $129.96)
Ain't gonna kill ya, but it sucks, haha. I got that combo for $45 total on day one from price-matching Wal-Mart and Target at Best Buy.

Hey guys I don't know if this is a good deal or not (I haven't really been following Disney Infinity at all) but Newegg has an Infinity combo deal today I will post it here please don't kill me if it sucks lol.

Disney Infinity Playset Pack: Cars, Lone Rangers + Figure 3 Pack: Sidekicks, Villains
Combo Price = $109.96 (Reg. $129.96)
Yeah, unfortunately that's not a good deal.

The Sidekicks & Villains 3-packs were $14.95 at Target, and the Cars and Lone Ranger playsets were $17.49 respectively at Target.

Prior to taxes you could pick up the whole shebang for around $65. (Which is what I did...I had TRU price-match the Lone Ranger playset when I bought the Starter Pack Sunday 8/18 and I had Target price-match the sidekicks 3-pack along with picking up the Cars playset at its sale price on 8/24. Haven't picked up the Villains pack yet.)

Yeah, that combo is probably as good as it gets right now, but it's only $20 off MSRP. Some of us got all of that stuff for 50% off last week.

For anyone who picked up the second wave TRU exclusive power disc packs, are the discs the same as the first wave? One Mike's car and a random disc. Thanks.

For anyone who picked up the second wave TRU exclusive power disc packs, are the discs the same as the first wave? One Mike's car and a random disc. Thanks.
I believe they are just still selling the first exclusive disc. But I'll tell you for sure this evening when I pick mine up from the store.

Edit: the item description still says "Series 1" so I assume they are all going to have Mike's New Car.

bread's done
Back