E3 2007 MS Bringing it Home II - The Bigs/Harry Potter Demo + More new trailers....

[quote name='Brak']Is there a Bringing It Home category on the Marketplace like last year?[/QUOTE]
I didn't see one, but Sonic and Golden Axe are up.

this is interesting:

E3hero_beyondthebox.jpg

I'm guessing the Halo 360 is an Elite as well. I honestly think its striking in design - especially the gold hdd highlights... I imagine it will sell well too (even as such a niche product). I honestly did not feel excited at all to play that line up of games this holiday season, or maybe its because I'm feeling jaded. Some of the demos on stage made my anticipation for the games deflate (PGR4 inparticular...) Does anyone know whether GoW will have the new content available for DL? Bah humbug... maybe tomorrow will be more exciting.

-Dr. Ugly

Okay, the close-ups of the Halo 360 look much better than what was shown at the presentation (still looks ugly IMO, however), but WTF is up with those really ghay looking controllers. I'm guess M$'s cheap attempt at appealing to kids.

Honestly, every game-play demo of the games flat out rocked for me. I don't know maybe it's me, but every time a game is shown nowadays, it's some lame ass, out-of-context video montage to some song or soundtrack, that looks nothing how the game really does.

Watching the vids, my interest in PGR4 picked up immensely & is at an all-time high with Halo 3 & Assasin's Creed.

I posted the info on the Halo 3 console on the Halo 3 thread. Yes the controller will be sold separately:

featuredhaloConsole.jpg

Look for this new console in September. This new Special Edition contains these components:
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Console
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Wireless Controller
  • Halo 3 Special Edition 20GB Hard Drive
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Wired Headset
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Gamer Pics and Theme (Exclusive download via Xbox LIVE)
  • Component HD AV Cable
  • Ethernet Cable
  • HDMI Port
  • Play & Charge Kit
  • Xbox LIVE Silver Membership
  • One-month Lbox LIVE Gold Membership
  • Halo 3 game not included—sold separately

[quote name='Zoglog']so I take it I didn't miss shit by missing this press conference?[/QUOTE]

Most of the footage shown at the conference is now on XBLM- without the long and boring commentary.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I posted the info on the Halo 3 console on the Halo 3 thread. Yes the controller will be sold separately:

featuredhaloConsole.jpg

Look for this new console in September. This new Special Edition contains these components:
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Console
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Wireless Controller
  • Halo 3 Special Edition 20GB Hard Drive
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Wired Headset
  • Halo 3 Special Edition Gamer Pics and Theme (Exclusive download via Xbox LIVE)
  • Component HD AV Cable
  • Ethernet Cable
  • HDMI Port
  • Play & Charge Kit
  • Xbox LIVE Silver Membership
  • One-month Lbox LIVE Gold Membership
  • Halo 3 game not included—sold separately
[/quote]20GB as well. You should have bolded it. That's weird.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']There's a trailer called Halo: Arms War...Not sure what it is yet, have so much crap downloading right now.[/QUOTE]

it was the live action short that weta made that was shown.

Ace Combat 6 campaign demo is now up 3XXmb
A few new trailers are up on XBLM as well...

Bomberman, Katamari, Crash Bandicoot, Call of Duty 4 + I forget...
Texas Hold'em DLC and themes/pics are up as well.

I thought it was interesting that MS apparently perfected the use of animatrons for their E3 presentation. That Bell model was a real piece of work...

Well I just woke up. I don't see why everyone is giving this press conference so much hate. Microsoft didn't bring that many surprises, but they did bring several good to great looking games that as Moore said over and over again, we'll be playing in 2007. Short on surprises, but pretty decent content.

Edit: Also was I the only one who thought at the start of the RE 5 trailer we were seeing the announcement that MGS 4 had been ported?

I just got up and I'm not seeing the Blue Dragon demo? I see the Ace Combat 6 demo but can't find Blue Dragon under any category tried E3/Game Demos/Featured did they take it down?

IMO, this E3 for Microsoft was about delivering the goods. Instead of building up hype for games that will be available in 2008-2009, they simply delivered the goods on what will be available in 2007.

I liked it since it was less bluster and more games.

I figured people weren't clapping like nuts because it was filled with professionals..who were probably too busy taking notes and such to go crazy.

I downloaded the Halo 3 trailer...not to sound like Zew but...shit's hot.

Ha, professionals at E3? Maybe the changes have worked because in years past those keynotes have been about the most unprofessional settings for supposed journalists. They're right not to clap or get that excited. This is a press conference for assembled media (supposedly). All that ridiculous cheering that has gone on in the past is one of the things giving "game journalism" such a bad name.

Maybe this will help reverse the course.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Ha, professionals at E3? Maybe the changes have worked because in years past those keynotes have been about the most unprofessional settings for supposed journalists. They're right not to clap or get that excited. This is a press conference for assembled media (supposedly). All that ridiculous cheering that has gone on in the past is one of the things giving "game journalism" such a bad name.

Maybe this will help reverse the course.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was saying. And yea, I'd consider this year's E3 to be mostly filled with professionals.

I wonder if the stuff that showed up at around 2am last night, counts as E3 Day 2, or if were going to be getting more stuff today. I'm hoping for a COD4 demo...preferably XBL MP :D

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I wonder if the stuff that showed up at around 2am last night, counts as E3 Day 2, or if were going to be getting more stuff today. I'm hoping for a COD4 demo...preferably XBL MP :D[/QUOTE]
why would they do that when they're having a beta?

[quote name='anomynous']why would they do that when they're having a beta?[/quote]

Oh that's right, totally forgot about that. I even looked at the site this morning...man I need to get some sleep one of these days.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh that's right, totally forgot about that. I even looked at the site this morning...man I need to get some sleep one of these days.[/QUOTE]

You're not allowed to sleep. Who else would keep us informed! :)

Just checked XBLM, under the E3 logo, you can check the contents for Today. Its got a "Stuntman: Ignition" demo listed, but its not up yet. Guess it will be up later today.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just checked XBLM, under the E3 logo, you can check the contents for Today. Its got a "Stuntman: Ignition" demo listed, but its not up yet. Guess it will be up later today.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I've been wanting to play that for a while.

Hmm, won't let me download the Stuntman demo, keeps giving me some error at 1%, have enough space on my hard drive. Guess I'll just try again when I wake up.

[quote name='GenDV138']Hmm, won't let me download the Stuntman demo, keeps giving me some error at 1%, have enough space on my hard drive. Guess I'll just try again when I wake up.[/QUOTE]

same here....

When is the X'07 event? I'm expecting that to be more spectacular than the E3 conference.

Ok the Stuntman demo is now working. Go DL it.

There's also trailers of:
Assassins Creed
Two Worlds
World At Conflict
Bee Movie
Blacksite: Area 51
MS Conference Part 1-6
IGN E3 Pre Show

[quote name='Brak']When is the X'07 event? I'm expecting that to be more spectacular than the E3 conference.[/QUOTE]

I agree .

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ok the Stuntman demo is now working. Go DL it.

There's also trailers of:
Assassins Creed
Two Worlds
World At Conflict
Bee Movie
Blacksite: Area 51
MS Conference Part 1-6
IGN E3 Pre Show[/QUOTE]

No sign of the Sega Rally content yet ? I'm really hoping for a demo .

They haven't released it yet but looking at the E3 2007 microsoft blog it looks as if we have the following to look forward to.

A selection of game trailers, themes, gamer pictures and demos will be available from the hottest E3 titles such as these:
# Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
# Assassin’s Creed (Ubisoft)
# BioShock (2K)
# Blue Dragon (Microsoft Game Studios)
# Burnout Paradise (Electronic Arts Inc.)
# Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare™ (Activision)
# FIFA Soccer 08 (Electronic Arts)
# Guitar Hero III (Activision/RedOctane)
# Lost Odyssey™ (Microsoft Game Studios)
# Madden NFL 08 (Electronic Arts)
# NCAA Football 08 (Electronic Arts)
# Need for Speed: ProStreet (Electronic Arts)
# Project Gotham Racing® 4 (Microsoft Game Studios)
# The Simpsons Game (Electronic Arts)
# Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)
# WWE® SmackDown® vs. Raw® 2008 (THQ)

I crossed out content that has already been released so it looks like a sports infused friday is on the horizon.

bread's done
Back