Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 'GOTY' Edition w/All 5 DLC Packs 10.13.09

[quote name='bardockkun']Curious, but how did you end up beating that part?
I Didn't fully realize the abandoned house until the very end where I thought it would better present itself. So instead I accidentally hacked and killed everyone in the neighborhood. Poor Mrs. Henderson, she just wanted to bake me a pie and I got her set on fire because of it...
[/quote]

I did everything that was asked of me. Everything you are told to do has the green quest arrow pop up on your compass thingy. So when I started
killing people (which sucked ass if they were outside because they ALL run faster than you) I just ran towards the green arrow and it took me to everyone I needed to kill
in Tranquility Lane.

I tried to
kill Betty too
for S&Gs but
she kills you with God Lightning
or some shit.

Can someone help me with this side quest?

I am in Grayditch (I think that's the name) and I have to find the source of the Fire Ant Warriors and stop them. I have killed all the ones walking around but I have no clue where the source of them is. Anyone help me with this?

[quote name='Halo05']I think they're down in the Subway tunnels. It's been a little while since I did that part.[/quote]

Ok I looked down there but didn't actually walk around in the tunnels. Ill go check it out. There were some in the station I went in. Thanks.

smile.gif
Finished it :D Ending kinda sucked though :(

[quote name='schuerm26']Can someone help me with this side quest?

I am in Grayditch (I think that's the name) and I have to find the source of the Fire Ant Warriors and stop them. I have killed all the ones walking around but I have no clue where the source of them is. Anyone help me with this?
[/quote]

Go into Marigold Metro Station and find Dr. Lesko.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']BTW, evanft, did you know that you could link Fallout 3 for PC to your Xbox Live account and get achievements for it? That's what I'm doing. Just saying because I noticed it wasn't in your gamertag.[/quote]

:whistle2:#

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Beat it.

Ending was boring/anti-climactic. Great game though.[/QUOTE]
Ditto. Ending really sucked compared to the game (and the endings of the previous Fallouts). It's not going to stop me from going back and doing all the quests I missed, tho.

I didn't start this game until after Christmas, and it really did a number on my winter break. (So many late nights and ditching meetups with friends...) At least I got most of it out of my system before work started again.

I got Charon but lost his sorry ass somewhere. I was walking around and then I was like "where the fuck is my ghoul?" Oh well..

When I was helping the people
escape to the Citadel after the Enclave took over Project Purity
, everytime we came out of the fucking sewers after a couple seconds the
Brotherhood assholes and Sentry bot started shooting at me.
I died 3 times and finally the bitch got on the
intercom and told the guy to open the door.
I went inside and was getting shot at till I
entered the courtyard.
Anyone else encounter that?

My wife hates me for having this game. My 4 and 5 yr old sons love me for having this game. Big dilemma. I only let them watch me get the bad animals though. They told me it was the coolest game has has ever seen (though they normally plays Lego Racers on the computer so the viewpoints doen't really mean a whole lot). I agree with them though.

I hate school, it's going to delay me from playing this game now. My mom just picked this game up for me, and I won't have a chance to play it. :( Wish vacation would last longer, oh well.

Fallout 3 here I come! Can't wait to play this game, Oblivion was very fun and blew me away, and I know this game will blow me away as well, from everything I've heard, and seen so far.

I finally did everything I could do in one runthrough and finished up the game. I agree that the ending wasn't spectacular; it was okay though.

Man, I milked that game for everything it was worth, haha.

[quote name='Malik112099']

I tried to
kill Betty too
for S&Gs but
she kills you with God Lightning
or some shit.[/quote]

Im sure everyone tried it at some point, wasnt expecting that one

Took a two week break from Fallout 3 over the holidays and started playing Nuts and Bolts (which, surprisingly, I really like). I'll be getting back into the F3 habit soon enough. I'm around 40-something hours in with a ton of sidequests still to go.

I wanted to make a new character after I finish my good playthrough but I have a few questions.

Can you store stuff anywhere and have it remain there? until you get a house?

I'm going to blow up megaton most likely. Will I need it for anything other than the bobblehead in simm's house, moira's quest, and the part of replicated man that I complete there? If so I'll bang those out early and blow it to kingdom come. Also wondering about buying stuff for my house. Can I do that in tenpenny?

I've left stuff in Nuka Cola vending machines and it's never vanished. I have over 100 hours and nothing has disappeared yet! Leaving stuff on the ground is apparently safe as well but I have not experimented with this.

It'sMagneto;5328977 said:
I'm going to blow up megaton most likely. Will I need it for anything other than the bobblehead in simm's house, moira's quest, and the part of replicated man that I complete there? If so I'll bang those out early and blow it to kingdom come. Also wondering about buying stuff for my house. Can I do that in tenpenny?
I think all you need is the bobblehead, and maybe Jericho if you ever want him to join your group. Not to spoil it, but I'll just say you don't have to worry about losing Moira. Does Replicated Man have anything to do with Megaton? I never went to Megaton for that quest (tho I remember the marker pointing there for some reason). You can do all the house stuff in Tenpenny; the difference is that your home in Tenpenny is nicer-looking than the Megaton house.

[quote name='Logg']So after about 10 ten hours I realized you can zoom out on the World Map.

HUGE LOL[/QUOTE]

Took me 20 to realize you could change the color of the HUD and pip-boy

I just got F'd by the game. I was on the fire ant side mission. I found the doctor but I had to use all my health s--- on the way down. Decided I would just backtrack, get outside and warp back to megaton. Lo and behold the person with the contract to kill me is waiting RIGHT outside the subway gate. Im f'd as I only have 2 health bars left and everytime I die it just starts me right back at the fight. I think Im going to have to go back in and find that door that lets you out at someplace called "church".

Anyone know if there are any beds down in the subway?

I've been playing this game and my god am I amazed. I think they did a great job with this game so far, but I'm kind of confused what to do at this point in the game. I just have no cash that's really my only trouble right now.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I've been playing this game and my god am I amazed. I think they did a great job with this game so far, but I'm kind of confused what to do at this point in the game. I just have no cash that's really my only trouble right now.[/QUOTE]

I don't know where you are in the game, but if you just explore the world you will run into all kinds of cool shit. Go anywhere you don't have marked on your map.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Ditto. Ending really sucked compared to the game (and the endings of the previous Fallouts). It's not going to stop me from going back and doing all the quests I missed, tho.

I didn't start this game until after Christmas, and it really did a number on my winter break. (So many late nights and ditching meetups with friends...) At least I got most of it out of my system before work started again.[/QUOTE]
See, for me it wasn't about the ending so much, as it was all about the final mission: Take It Back! won the entire game for me. I don't think I've ever glee-ed so much inside during a game since Mega Man 2 on NES when I was a kid.
[quote name='Droenixjpn']I've been playing this game and my god am I amazed. I think they did a great job with this game so far, but I'm kind of confused what to do at this point in the game. I just have no cash that's really my only trouble right now.[/QUOTE]
When all else fails - http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Fallout_3

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']Took me 20 to realize you could change the color of the HUD and pip-boy[/quote]

You can change the color? (3 chars over 80 hours btw >_

You know what sucks about this game? It takes a commitment. All my playing was done in 2 days' time. I haven't played since Christmas Eve, acquiring Dogmeat about 8 hours in, since i can't just play for 30-60 minutes. I feel the need to devote at least a couple hours to exploring, but I always get sidetracked by non-gaming stuff, or I end up playing NHL 09 or something else online with friends for hours.

[quote name='schuerm26']My wife hates me for having this game. My 4 and 5 yr old sons love me for having this game. Big dilemma. I only let them watch me get the bad animals though. They told me it was the coolest game has has ever seen (though they normally plays Lego Racers on the computer so the viewpoints doen't really mean a whole lot). I agree with them though.[/quote]

How do the kids like the Bloody Mess Perk?

I used a gift card that I got for Christmas to pick this game up for PC. I've already played through it once on my 360, but I have to say, I'm loving some of the mods that I've got on PC. I've got some proper power armor that carries itself when worn, just like the older games had. I also picked up a copy of the game guide from Gamestop. For those considering it, it's really nice. Very detailed and easy to use.

[quote name='foxdvd']How do the kids like the Bloody Mess Perk?[/quote]

Is the bloody mess perk work the same way as freezing and wrenching does in Bioshock? Meaning that I can't ransack their corpse because they shattered.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Is the bloody mess perk work the same way as freezing and wrenching does in Bioshock? Meaning that I can't ransack their corpse because they shattered.[/quote]

No, you can ransack the corpses. You just find a scattered body part and get the items that way.

Just did the superhero quest in Canterbury Commons. I got both armors, 600 caps, and killed em both after passing the speech option for each of them. The unique weapons didn't really attract me, and I like killing people for no reason. There was a random scavenger outside a building who obviously had a missile launcher. I blasted him in the face with my shotgun and took all his loot. Good times, good times.

[quote name='bardockkun']Because apparently a severed foot can hold a missile launcher and a full set of armor on it, not to mention a finger.[/quote]

No. You look at a body part and that body part belongs to someone. You are just choosing whom to search. You aren't neccessarily searching a toenail for a grenade.

I'm scared of Super Mutants now. *rocks back and forth*

This game is awesome so far, yesterday I was being stupid and decided to put my difficulty on very hard to try and do a Infinite Exp glitch, I did do it, but then I decided to head to the super duper mart and got pwned by raiders. Lol good times in Fallout 3

Anyone know why they have cages in the Springvale School

Indeed, especially because it's on the lower level of the school. Hmm, that must be why many people were dissapearing.

Or they were forced to read books, and they burned themselves alive to escape the horror of reading.

Anyway, what were your reactions to seeing the Super Mutant Behemoth for the first time? Mine was, OMFG that thing is HUGE! It just kept chasing after me, I'm like.. GET AWAY FROM ME!

Yeah I think my initial reaction was "HOLY fuck! OH DEAR GOD NO!!! RUNAWAY!!!" I came across the guy at a REALLY low level.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Anyway, what were your reactions to seeing the Super Mutant Behemoth for the first time? Mine was, OMFG that thing is HUGE! It just kept chasing after me, I'm like.. GET AWAY FROM ME![/QUOTE]I remember I was like, holy sh*t, I think I'll hide behind these sandbags and let those dudes in the metal suits and giant guns deal with him...

And then I'd run out and loot their bodies for metal suits and giant guns :p

I just wish you didn't need a perk to wear power armor.

Well, I'm at the Republic of Dave:
Just finished the little election side quest. I know I need Dave's key later on. Should I kill him now, along with everyone else in the town, to get it, or should I wait until I actually get the quest that needs it, use speech (possibly gaining xp), get the key, and THEN lay waste to everyone in town?

Am I the only one who just kills anyone who doesn't matter when I'm wandering the wasteland?

If you wanted to you could kill everyone in town. They really don't "matter", heh. Or you could get at least try using speech, and if that doesn't work, kill him. Or just keep reloading until the speech challenge works.

Also, if you want a good guide just go to the Fallout 3 wiki. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3

Walks you through all the quests and tells you the possible outcomes. I used it pretty extensively when I got lost or didn't know what to do next. Also you pretty much need it if you want to collect all the bobbleheads.

I think it's time I start playing the Bad Guy, instead of the good guy like I have been.

I'll be a jerk to all people, steal, murder, etc. And finally I'll destroy Megaton!

Even when playing my "evil" character, I didnt destroy Megaton. There are a lot of advantages, especially earlier in the game. Multiple merchants to unload your wares to build up caps early, slowly taking your time with Wasteland Survival Guide. (Yes, I know Moria survives, but apparently she can be killed by a roaming raiders or creatures fyi) And storage was also important, as well as health regen. And of course there was Walter and his sidequest. Honestly, if you destroy it, all you gain are some caps and a house, which is only part of the reward you also gain if you disarm the bomb. And yes, you gain some good karma, so what? You'll amass a lot of evil karma in no time.

So I "splurged" and dropped $20 on the paperback guide. I am only 8 hours into the game, but I doubt I'll have time for a second playthrough due to now owning 65 games for my 360 with more on the way. The plan was to play tonight, but I feel compelled to read the parts about the stuff I already did, so tomorrow will be Fallout time.

Wow that was definately a long walk to Tenpenny Towers. I think I'm going to stop playing this evil character, it just feels morally wrong.

bread's done
Back