FF:CC for ANY 4 GC games through 4/3

Gojtron

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Ending April 3rd, so act fast.

At EB, trade in any 4 Cube games, get Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles free. They can be sports, they can be anything but demo discs. I used 2 copies of Madden 02, an NFL QB Club 02(5.99 used) and an NFL 2k3, bought them, traded them right back in, and got my FF:CC. It's automatic, they do the trade, scan the new game, hit total and it works.

If anybody is in the Albany region, the eb at Rotterdam has this deal going on. They take all gc games no exceptions. I traded in Capcom vs SNK 2, Madden 2002, dave mierra, and pikmin. The only thing is the games have to be gc, no ps2 or xbox.

I went to Westfield mall in Escondido, CA. They have the typical exclusions though (checked to see if the games were on the POS list?). The El Camino Real EB in Carlsbad was allowing this deal as well, and the guy said over the phone that there were no exclusions he knew of.

Pioneer Place in Portland, OR is also aware of the trade in deal.
(I used NBA 2k2, Madden 2002, NFL 2K2 amd Rocky)
if you go tell them Jim sent you!

Anyone in the Detroit Metro area do this deal? I've never had any luck calling EB games with any of the deals they've supossedly run in the past and it's 30 miles to the nearest one.

[quote name='fastkilr']4 for 1 isn't that great guys. Just think, your giving up FOUR games. Thats a lot of games.[/quote]

But just think about it, the games you are trading in can be bought back for around 5 dollars, if you even want to buy them back again.

[quote name='fastkilr']4 for 1 isn't that great guys. Just think, your giving up FOUR games. Thats a lot of games.[/quote]

Way to read the thread.

If you look closely at what people are writing, you see they are trading in junky 5-6 dollar used sports games, so 4 of those cost about 20-25 dollars, and they are getting a 50 dollar game.

[quote name='BigBen']EB Games in Christiana Mall in Delaware has this deal going on.[/quote]

Thanks for the Info Ben...

I'm still thinking if I'm going to jump on this. I don't have a GC games I want to trade it. SO I weould have to go to a Gamespot and pick up the four cheapest GC games I can find. Even then I'd probably spend $25 bucks. So that's half price, but this isn't amust have for me. So maybe I'll just wais a year or so when it's cheaper. It wouldn't suprise me if this christmas is was a players choice or whatever.

question
this offer ends the april 3rd....
that always bothers me...
is the 3rd the last day to do it?
or the 2nd cuz it ends on the 3rd....

Yes! It worked! They even took sports games!
The only thing that sucked about all this was that I had to go to Gamestop to hit them up on some Gamecube games (I didn't see anything under $7) because the clerk at EB made a mistake on the phone and told me that all next gen games are available for trade in.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Yes! It worked! They even took sports games!
The only thing that sucked about all this was that I had to go to Gamestop to hit them up on some Gamecube games (I didn't see anything under $7) because the clerk at EB made a mistake on the phone and told me that all next gen games are available for trade in.[/quote]
So they wont take PS2 or Xbox games. I have a few I want to get rid of.

omfg, some of my EBs are so lame. One wouldn't take any other PS2/Xbox games. The other wouldn't take ANY GCN sports. *:sighs:* The discrepencies in EBs is really getting to me, however at least I have some that take any :D (Tried to trade a whole bunch of crap sports games at one EB today. Didn't happen. Will take to other EB that worked tommorow)

I took in F-Zero GX and a Def Jam Vendetta that I had picked up earlier today at Target for $4.96. When I got into the store, I bought All Star Baseball for $5.99 and a Madden 2002 for $7.99...THEN traded those four in to the clerk...walked right out with FF:CC ;)

Just looked at my reciept...

POX-Nfl2k3 (GCN)
POX-MAdden 2002 (GCN)
POX-SSXGH
PO-Courtside2002

So.. my guy let 1 ps2, and 3 POX go. Hope he doesnt get busted :\

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='BigBen']EB Games in Christiana Mall in Delaware has this deal going on.[/quote]

I'm still thinking if I'm going to jump on this. I don't have a GC games I want to trade it. SO I weould have to go to a Gamespot and pick up the four cheapest GC games I can find. Even then I'd probably spend $25 bucks. So that's half price, but this isn't amust have for me. So maybe I'll just wais a year or so when it's cheaper. It wouldn't suprise me if this christmas is was a players choice or whatever.[/quote]

I couldn't pass this deal up, I might try to go to EBX today to exchange the FF:CC for something else. I ended up trading Madden 2002, NBA 2k2, Tony Hawk PS3, and NBA Street for it. Not bad since I couldn't get squat for those games otherwise. I think the total trade in value I would have gotten was $8.

[quote name='jousley']I took in F-Zero GX and a Def Jam Vendetta that I had picked up earlier today at Target for $4.96. When I got into the store, I bought All Star Baseball for $5.99 and a Madden 2002 for $7.99...THEN traded those four in to the clerk...walked right out with FF:CC ;)[/quote]

You traded in F-Zero GX? I would give $15 for that game easily.

Whenever something like this happens, where a deal is too good to be true....it only tells me one thing, beware of a price drop. Maybe Square and Nintendo believed that it sold gangbusters, and they are pricedropping along with the other new Player's Choice games.

[quote name='BigBen'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='BigBen']EB Games in Christiana Mall in Delaware has this deal going on.[/quote]

I'm still thinking if I'm going to jump on this. I don't have a GC games I want to trade it. SO I weould have to go to a Gamespot and pick up the four cheapest GC games I can find. Even then I'd probably spend $25 bucks. So that's half price, but this isn't amust have for me. So maybe I'll just wais a year or so when it's cheaper. It wouldn't suprise me if this christmas is was a players choice or whatever.[/quote]

I couldn't pass this deal up, I might try to go to EBX today to exchange the FF:CC for something else. I ended up trading Madden 2002, NBA 2k2, Tony Hawk PS3, and NBA Street for it. Not bad since I couldn't get squat for those games otherwise. I think the total trade in value I would have gotten was $8.[/quote]

Were those all GC Games?

jeez i went to three EB's two said I was making the deal up and called the district manager who said not to do it. The other one the guy got the email but he was like no way i'm doing this trade (i came with like reign of fire, madden 2k2, nfl 2k3, some other crappy game) because he didn't wanna get fired (he was a cool guy tho before he took like 16 jam packs back for old 4 for 1 deals) oh well only spent $15 for the 4 games at Gamestop so either keep them or return them dunno

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='BigBen'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='BigBen']EB Games in Christiana Mall in Delaware has this deal going on.[/quote]

I couldn't pass this deal up, I might try to go to EBX today to exchange the FF:CC for something else. I ended up trading Madden 2002, NBA 2k2, Tony Hawk PS3, and NBA Street for it. Not bad since I couldn't get squat for those games otherwise. I think the total trade in value I would have gotten was $8.[/quote]

Were those all GC Games?[/quote]

Yup :)

actually this deal tells me EB is hurting so bad just to get people in their stores. Every single EB i go to is empty, depressing, dirty, and very uneventful.

Their trade in prices are a supreme rip off, and their employees for the most part are trash. I can't believe any company can be so run poorly, but i guess i believe now.

I dunno. The Eb's at the Christiana Mall in DE is packed. Personally, I think this is a promotion set up by Nintendo. See, you need a lot of hardware to play this multiplayer. Every multi needs a gameboy Advanced. So this is kinda a tool to sell Gb's. Or at leastr eaward gamers who have all their hardware.

It's the same deal with FF XI. The only reason the bundled with that paticular game is 1) They can sell em for $100 a pop and 2) they can get people to pay a monthly fee.

Anyway, I scored. Thanks for the info BB. I called Ebgames at the mall first, to see what they would say. According to the manager, they will take ANY game from ANY Next Gen console. That cinched it for me. I went ot my local Gamestop and picked up three $8 games. I think NFL 2k3, NBA 2k2, and Reign of Fire. I also had a copy of Alter Echo for the x-box which I bought during christmas for $5 from CC. In total I spend $16 today. Went to EB Games, traded them in, and got a new copy of FF:CC

I just did this, but got an open copy of the game and didnt notice this until i was halfway home. :x Hey, i guess if it looks new, and touched once, i guess it was a decent deal.

does anybody know if the Irvine Spectrum one is doing it? or maybe any EB near there?

Thanks

Anyone else living in the orange county / irvine area?

Hey, I live by you in So Cal. If you get *anyone* to do it, I will worship the ground you walk upon. Today's the last day, and if I get stuck w/ 2 crap games like the sports game I have up in the trading forum, my mom's beating me silly. Literally. Have a nice day.

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']does anybody know if the Irvine Spectrum one is doing it? or maybe any EB near there?

Thanks

Anyone else living in the orange county / irvine area?[/quote]

[quote name='sailorchrono']Hey, I live by you in So Cal. If you get *anyone* to do it, I will worship the ground you walk upon. Today's the last day, and if I get stuck w/ 2 crap games like the sports game I have up in the trading forum, my mom's beating me silly. Literally. Have a nice day.[/quote]

if the brea mall isn't too far away from you, they'er doing it (57 freeway) and i'm thinking about going to the santa ana main place mall to try... but i already have one and don't want to be assed out with a bunch of sports titles if it doesn't work. :)

Brea mall? Sorry, I live in Fountain Valley (By Huntington Beach) and I'm geographically impaired. Is that by me? If you say yes, I"m so rushing out and getting rid of these games that have brought so much misery upon my head. Also, is there anymore copies? So they took your Sports games no problem? Thanks for the advice btw ^_^

fountain valley... you take the 55 north, 5 north, then 57 north. it would take me like 20 minutes max but it depends on how fast you drive. if it's worth it to you, then i'd say try it. the eb in the mainplace mall (santa ana, off the 5 freeway) is usually pretty cool as well. if anything, i'd call the eb in the mainplace mall first so you wouldn't have to drive as far.

last time i checked, there were a bunch of copies. as for the sports game, sorry. i only traded in my craptacular gcn games. i think i listed it in this thread already, but here i go again :)

rayman arena (w/o instructions, lol!)
turok (pure garbage and cheap too)
a bike game (forget what it's called)
and another junk game i got for like 8 bucks. sorry, but i forgot the names. if you look through all the posts, you can probably find what i turned in as a trade :D

edit: i found it, hehe. it's on the 2nd page.

This deal works at the Parkersburg, WV EB with non-GCN games too :)

I sent my mom to do this as she was going out anyways. I also gave her money to get MGS: TTT. When she came back, she had the following:
MGS:TTT
FF:CC
MGS:TTT guide
FF: CC guide
I didn't ask her to get the guides, but she said there was some sort of other promotion on them. I traded in THPS3 (GCN), Blowout (PS2), Hard Hitter Tennis (PS2), and Super Bust a Move 2 (PS2). The receipt gives $12.50 credit for each. The for the amounts paid (Some wording has been altered and some things were removed, but the prices stay the same):
FF:CC guide----------------$14.99
Metal Gear GCN------------$31.99
Original Price $39.99
Disc. 8.00 promotion
FF: CC GCN----------------$39.99
Original Price 49.99
Disc: 10.00 promotion
Metal Gear Sld guide------$11.99
Original Price $14.99
Disc. 3.00 promotion
SUBTOTAL: 98.96
Taxable total: 48.96
6.000% WV State 2.94
Purchase Total $101.90
Total 51.90
(the rest is irrelevant)

Good day, good day!

if i call, will they tell me, or do I actually have to go to the store and ask?

Irvine Spectrum - any luck there yet?

I went back and bought a second one today, I'm going to return it on Tuesday and put it all on either Fight Night or Onimusha 3.

LoL, I wish they'd let me exchange, but I'd rather just keep and enjoy it. If I got Onimusha 3 though, I'd get that *KICK* ass sword Hori's coming w/. Ahh, I can dream. I lucked out at The Block. I did sports games and one Hunter/BloodRayne. THEY TOOK IT. IF YOU CAN, GET TO THE BLOCK @ ORANGE ASAP. GOGOOG. gl hf

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='jousley']I took in F-Zero GX and a Def Jam Vendetta that I had picked up earlier today at Target for $4.96. When I got into the store, I bought All Star Baseball for $5.99 and a Madden 2002 for $7.99...THEN traded those four in to the clerk...walked right out with FF:CC ;)[/quote]

You traded in F-Zero GX? I would give $15 for that game easily.[/quote]

Get it in May when it drops to $19.99 with the Best Buy GGC and you can get it new for $15

[quote name='sm04as']Is that true that it will drop in May to $20?[/quote]

How long did it take for FFX, another square game, to drop to 20 bucks. Don't sit there and wait for it.

[quote name='dcfox']I think they were talking about F-Zero GX.[/quote]

I knew that. :oops: Actually it is confirmed that F Zero will drop to 20 sometime in May.

[quote name='yeldarb367']Is this deal now dead? Or will it still work tomorrow, April 4th?[/quote]

It's dead.

Went back and exchanged FF:CC for Champions of Norrath :) I should have gotten multiple copies of FF:CC and exchanged it for any other $50 game. ;)

I did this at two EBs. I went to Gamestop and (luckily) found three games that came out to $18 total. I had three POX (piece of shit) titles to trade. Then I went to a different EB in the mall (those fucks are such dicks) and bought two more cheap sports titles. I got two new copies of FFCC for $40. I traded them back in and got $100 in credit. Traded my gamecube in with a few games and an old playstation I found in my closet that must've been there for years. I told the guy I was going to take keep a few of the games, because I knew that the trade-in value was going to be complete shit since I checked it earlier at another EB. Like a dollar for Eternal Darkness. But he said, "You're helping me out, I'm going to help you out" and gave me at least $10 on all the low-priced titles. I wound up with $157 in credit from that, and $100 from the two FFCC's on top of that. I bought a new Xbox, new Ninja Gaiden (STELLAR GAME), and pre-ordered Fight Night 2004. All thanks to you, Godj. Thanks.

If it's returned unopened with a receipt. The guys who said they'd take it back were very cool (not the assholes in the mall who would've probably not even honored the deal to begin with). I got one copy at one EB, then another at another. Both said they would give me full credit for the copies if I returned them within 7 days unopened.

I had no problems exchanging my game for another $50 game. My new receipt has no mention of the trade in, so I'm sure I could trade it in for store credit if I wanted to.

bread's done
Back