Free 1600 XBox Marketplace Points

If you haven't heard anything before the end of the one week free trial, why don't you just accept the month long free trial. That way you'll have the extra time to make sure you get your points. When you do this, they'll send you an email with the subject saying "Call By ________" to remind you to remember to cancel.

Just cancelled with no hassles. They asked me about the free 30 day trial too. Do I need confirmation or can I trust that it was really cancelled?

[quote name='CHOW CHOW']i forgot to cancel

i called the next day and she wouldn't cancel for me, just gave a free month instead :([/QUOTE]

Guys, it's a dating site... all you have to do is say you started seeing an old flame again, are off the market and thus don't need it. Pretty much negates the extended free trial argument. I was done with the whole thing in less than 5 minutes, very painless.

Well just cancelled membership, she did it in like 2 minutes, no problems. I havent gotten my card, I just emailed them asking if they got my response, oh well.

Got my card in the mail today...not that i really need it anymore after picking up like 8 $5 cards from circuit city last week.

[quote name='Rig']I noticed it too. Yeah, it says you can do one of Xbox360Achiever's programs per household, but that's the email (above) that they sent me. *shrugs* All I know is I used my same address and they knew it, and I still got both cards.[/QUOTE]
It's one per person, not one per household.

Got my card today. Took a while but free is free so I can't complain. May have to get my wife to sign up too since you say it's one per person.

Got mine today, that was quick. Now the hard part... Waiting until November 21st for the Knights of the Divine to be released.

I swear, from the PS3 and Wii launches to the Knights of the Divine (and hopefully an A+ job interview) there has never been so much going on in such a small window of time. For me atleast. (Video game-wise specifically.) I will probably die of video game O.D. before Thanksgiving.

Wooo!!! Got mine in the mail today!

Worked perfect and got Uno.
I had to tell the guy that sent the emails out that, "I didnt get mine yet" So he told me that he shipped mine right away! And he was right.

Got him 2-3 days later.

Thanks OP! = )

Wow, this is awesome! It took me like 5 minutes to sign up and about 5 more to cancel after I received my shipping confirmation.....sweet!

What was funny is that the guy told me that they had already given me an extra month for free as it is a promotion they are running for people who put pictures up on their profiles right away....but I never put a picture up. Aside from the 10 minutes after I signed up to browse the locals (wow...ew) I never even logged back into the site.

Great deal OP!

My points came on Tuesday and that's awesome. I'm thinking I'm going to try it again. I'm sure it's been posted, but has anybody done this more than once?

I signed up, and canceled over the phone about a day later (yesterday), before getting a conformation email. I did however, receive that email today, saying that my points shipped.

Signed up last week after reading it on here canceled 4 days later on the 7th day received my points.. Not bad for 5 minutes worth of work.. Thanks to you guys..

Signed up on Monday and finally got the email saying that my card will be shipped in 10-14 days, but that they'll try to send it out within a week. Is this the shipping confirmation that everyone else is mentioning getting, or did people actually get an email saying that the card has been shipped before their week long trial had expired? Either way I'll likely end up cancelling the True account tomorrow.

[quote name='buster90']WOW.......why are you guys complaining you are getting messages from women?

Is everyone here gay?[/quote]
Yes. Because only gay men would complain about getting messages from women so desperate for a guy that they would sign up for an online dating service.

[quote name='buster90']WOW.......why are you guys complaining you are getting messages from women?

Is everyone here gay?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Married. I don't need that hassle of strange chicks sending me emails.

[quote name='help1']does this show up on ur credit card?[/quote]

I had a $1.00 debit followed by a $1.00 credit on my debit card right after I signed up (to verify it was a valid card) and then I cancelled before the 7-day free trial was up. Since then there's been no activity on my card. Still waiting for my Gamerpoints, but the e-mail said it could take up to 2 weeks, so I'm not worried.

Signed up for this on Sunday 10-29

Do you have to give them credit card information to get the 1600 MSP? I was never asked for any information like that upon sign-up and can't even find where to input it on their site now, if you have to give it to them to get the MSP

This might be a rediculous question, but do the marketplace points expire? I wanna do the deal since its workin for everyone, but I dont plan on getting a 360 till like Feb. thanks

Is everyone here gay?[/QUOTE]

Because any girl who shops for guys over teh internets is obviously too mesed up to find one in real life and obviously not someone you would want to interact with.

[quote name='AngelDawn']Signed up for this on Sunday 10-29

Do you have to give them credit card information to get the 1600 MSP? I was never asked for any information like that upon sign-up and can't even find where to input it on their site now, if you have to give it to them to get the MSP[/quote]

Yes, I believe you MUST give CC information. I know you can create a True account without entering the CC #, so I'd assume that's where you're at. I'm not sure where'd you'd enter it now though.

Well I have to say that's just stupid since they didn't tell me where to input my information lol

Thank you for your input on this, appreciate it :)

Only on day 5, so I'll give it a bit longer and see what happens

I called this morning to cancel my free trial. Not really caring when I signed up, I had a screen name of freexbox3601973. So, I called in & started spelling my user name to cancel, f-r-e-e-x-b-o-x-3-6- and before I could finish the girl says, " hey, are you a survey taker"? I said "No". And she says, "Because if you were I was gonna have to make fun of you!". Nice girl. Cancelled free trial membership, free 1600 marketplace points, thanks OP!

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Because any girl who shops for guys over teh internets is obviously too mesed up to find one in real life and obviously not someone you would want to interact with.[/quote]

I met my wife online _7_ years ago - by far the healthiest relationship I've ever had. Been together 7 years, lived with her for 6, and have never looked back.

[quote name='nathansu']I met my wife online _7_ years ago - by far the healthiest relationship I've ever had. Been together 7 years, lived with her for 6, and have never looked back.[/QUOTE]

Was it through a dating website though? Theres a dif between meeting people normally over the internet and actively using an internet dating service . ;)

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Was it through a dating website though? Theres a dif between meeting people normally over the internet and actively using an internet dating service . ;)[/quote]

True in principle I suppose. How would you define meeting someone "normally over the internet"? You mean a way that isn't neccecairly targeted directly at dating?

[quote name='jrr']Signed up on Monday and finally got the email saying that my card will be shipped in 10-14 days, but that they'll try to send it out within a week. Is this the shipping confirmation that everyone else is mentioning getting, or did people actually get an email saying that the card has been shipped before their week long trial had expired? Either way I'll likely end up cancelling the True account tomorrow.

Yes. Because only gay men would complain about getting messages from women so desperate for a guy that they would sign up for an online dating service.[/quote]

o0o0o0 where I come from thats caled a burn:hot:

Just got the confirmation email that they will ship soon. So can I cancel now or do I have to wait till I actually have the card?

[quote name='JBlade00']Just got the confirmation email that they will ship soon. So can I cancel now or do I have to wait till I actually have the card?[/quote]

You can (and should) just go ahead and cancel now. I always did the same day I received the confirmation email, and never had problems.

on the card I already recieved I canceled after a day. I still got the card. It would probobly not be a bad idea to wait more than one day. On the next one I am waiting for, I waited 3 days to cancel. Nothing better than free Ultimate mortal kombat 3! Thanks OP, this is a super sweet deal.

i've been watching this thread for a while now and finally decided to bite.

i signed up just now and am eagerly awaiting my confirmation email.

i also just added a reminder to my outlook calendar to bug me in a few days to cancel.

looking forward to the free points... thanks op

bread's done
Back