Free 1600 XBox Marketplace Points

Well, i canceled today. Bastards better not charge me! Hopefully my points ship out soon (the email said within 10 days).

[quote name='Jobb']"I've worked things out with an old girlfriend" is a good excuse for cancelling.[/quote]I used "Eh, I'm just cancelling a whole bunch of stuff I don't want or need, and this is on my list."

Ill buy a card from someone if they dont need theirs. I dont want to give out my CC to this company (Thats required right?).

[quote name='Rozz']Ill buy a card from someone if they dont need theirs. I dont want to give out my CC to this company (Thats required right?).[/QUOTE]

you only give your CC to True.com

[quote name='pthagonal']you only give your CC to True.com[/quote]And it's just as secure/insecure as any other site with your CC information, so unless you have something against online purchases, there shouldn't be a problem.

I signed up on 12/2 and still no emails. It's getting close to the end of that week trial. Should I stick it out another day, or should I have gotten a confirmation email yet?

My brother and I were both able to do this through different computers. The billing address is the same for both of our CCs but the shipping address was different, is that what counts?

I'm curious to see how well this turns out. I signed up in late Nov, never got any emails, went to the website to email them, never got a response.
A bit of a hassle for nothing is what I see going on....

Based upon my success with grabbing two of the Xbox cards in the past, I went ahead and did a third round--painless cancel and I should have a Wii points card on the way soon.

Aight, I got the "will be shipped soon" email, does that mean I can cancel True.com now?

I hope so, 'cause I just called and cancelled. Pretty painless, actually. I had them delete everything about the account, and requested a confirmation of the cancellation (in case they try to charge me down the line).

Started on the 2nd and just now got my email "will ship soon" today also. Cancelled my account right afterward. I used a temp Internet credit card available with my credit card. I put only a $1 on it (the minimum) and gave them that credit card so if they did charge me i could always cancel it. It seem to have gone through and they haven charged me but it was in a pending state so im not sure if they are holding the charge either way it was well worth it.

[quote name='Jobb']My brother and I were both able to do this through different computers. The billing address is the same for both of our CCs but the shipping address was different, is that what counts?[/QUOTE]
I think as long as it is different people, i.e. different CC# and name the shipping address doesn't matter.

I can't believe people are not getting repies when emailing the company. They have been dead on with responding to every email I sent to them.

It took me until the 6th day of my seven day free trial to get my email. That was this past week. Keep the faith, they will send it. Hope that helps some people. Also, the cancellation wasn't completely painless, they tried to extend my free trial another month and have me cancel later. I wouldn't get off the phone until it was cancelled though.

[quote name='slickkill77']iTS probably because so many ppl are signing up...[/QUOTE]
Yeah... look at the number of views on this thread :p

My ex and I both got our cards. Hers took about 2-3 weeks, but mine took 5 or 6 weeks. I had to email them on mine though.

i got my card last night yesterday, took awhile, i signed up again for this 360 card with a different credit card and i recently signed up for the Wii points also with the same credit card as this.

So I signed up for a second time using my given name and my work address. I just called to cancel my membership and the lady asks if I was married. I told her no and she gives me my mom's and sister's name. I ask her where she got those from and she tells me she got them from a third party screener. I didn't dig that much. But hell, I got a second points card coming, so I'm not gonna complain much.

Where are people getting the Wii points from?

Got my card a few days ago. Now, I just have to wait for the Wii one. I'm considering signing my sister up for both of these.

so has anyone tried for a 2nd card using the same name, mailing address, and credit card - basically everything the same as 1st time?

Bah...seven days and no verification email. I've cancelled the True account and emailed the Acheiver site to see if I'm still getting my card. I wish folks would quite double-dipping so some of us could get their first card :p

YMMV. I'm on my 8th day and no word from Xbox360Acheiver.com yet.

I managed to extend the free period by going to "cancel" through the website. Did it a bunch of times to see how low they'd go - they threw in 7 free days twice, and then knocked 33% off the price, which is still ridiculous. But it does mean I don't have to pony up any money for another 2 weeks, so I can try to work stuff out with the promo site (X360A).

If anyone's wondering, I actually perused the site for a while, and ran a search or two. What a joke XD

Sent X360A an email a day or two ago through their website, no response yet. Now I'm trying a direct reply to the email they sent me with the true.com link. Hopefully they'll respond within two weeks >_>

Also, in case anyone didn't know:
True.com runs criminal background checks and marital status checks on all of its members. If you fail either, they block you, and may well prosecute you.
http://www.true.com/magazine/saferdating_prosecute.htm

To repeat:
NOT FOR MARRIED PEOPLE

I don't believe it would be worth their time or money to actually go through with it, and there's loads of reports of people signing up when married (including a RL friend of mine).

[quote name='VideoGameFreak']I heard these Marketplace Points work on the Zune music downloads too. Can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]
yeah that's correct. zune and the 360 use the same points.

[quote name='AvidGamer360']yeah that's correct. zune and the 360 use the same points.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I'm hoping that a Zune will be comign my way for x-mas :)

Has anyone who signed up in the last two - three weeks received a message that their card is shipped? If not, I'd say this deal is dead for those still trying to get it on it. I've been waiting two weeks now with no email.

[quote name='strdr4']Hehe. Got my confirmation email. Thanks a lot Eagle![/QUOTE]

When did you sign up? It's been almost three weeks now with no email for me :(

[quote name='mzbagel']When did you sign up? It's been almost three weeks now with no email for me :([/QUOTE]

3 days ago. :p

Is there a way to tell if my account at TRUE.com has really been cancel without calling the customer service again?
The guy on the phone put me in another 1 month free trial without letting me know first, but I insist on canceling it. The guy said he canceled it without providing me any info, so I want to check it myself just in case.

Thank you guys!

[quote name='enzoshadow']Is there a way to tell if my account at TRUE.com has really been cancel without calling the customer service again?
The guy on the phone put me in another 1 month free trial without letting me know first, but I insist on canceling it. The guy said he canceled it without providing me any info, so I want to check it myself just in case.

Thank you guys![/QUOTE]

You'll just have to keep a look out on your credit card billing. Ive been checking online and they never charged me so i think im clear.

I'm on my third markeplace points card now. As a tip, if you are going to go for multiple cards, make sure to use a different mailing address at true.com (the one at xbox360achiever doesn't matter, just use your real address) and if possible, a different credit card.

bread's done
Back