Free Qore Download code in PTOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logical Dolphin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The Sep. '08 issue of PlayStation The Official Magazine has a code for a free download of Qore Episode 1. The code was in my subscription copy, I am not sure if this deal is exclusive to subscribers or if it is in the newsstand copies as well.

/BUMP I'm still in need of a code if anyone doesnt plan on using theirs. Please send me a private message with it. Thanks

[quote name='bvcxz11']Have at it,but post when you scarf it up
JKF5-GGB2-5E2B[/quote]

Someone used it already but thanks for sharing.

[quote name='bvcxz11']Have at it,but post when you scarf it up
JKF5-GGB2-5E2B[/quote]
Thanks, but someone grabbed it and didn't post a thankyou. *sigh*

what's with all the begging? try actually leaving your house and go to a borders. They have tons of these mags out of the bags, just go there write down a code.

First person to PM me for it will get my code, i'm too lazy to go through the list of people and see who does and doesn't have it. It was a huge mistake to subscribe to PTOM, I only have a PSP and i'm lucky if they have a whole 2 pages devoted to it a month. Then again I can count the number of PSP games i'm actually excited for on one hand.

edit: code sent

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='z3razerviper']I used my code to download a episode and honestly i thought total crap glad this gave me a chance to try it out.[/QUOTE]

Glad someone else thought so too. You're the first person on here besides me to actually comment on the content.

I thought it was okay...for free, but it's a joke you have to pay for it. It's a bunch of ads for games, interspersed with ads for other things. While it's slickly done, I don't even like having to download this as a huge block, when I don't want to watch most of it.

It should just be free on PSN, or it should be included on disc for free with the new bastardized PSM.

Wolfpup; It should just be free on PSN said:
I'll second that.My "Official" PSM is up for renewal,but it's not worth the $18.The promised Blu-Ray demo disc(s) never materialized.The PS3 demos are big enough to be a pain for those of us with crappy "High Speed" access & impossible for the unfortunates who do not have access to broadband at all.(There are still plenty of places with no options or severely limited speeds)
A demo disc would justify my renewal,but Future publishing is not a gamer accommodating corp.The new Nintendo Power mag is not worth the $ either.

[quote name='bvcxz11']I'll second that.My "Official" PSM is up for renewal,but it's not worth the $18.The promised Blu-Ray demo disc(s) never materialized.The PS3 demos are big enough to be a pain for those of us with crappy "High Speed" access & impossible for the unfortunates who do not have access to broadband at all.(There are still plenty of places with no options or severely limited speeds)
A demo disc would justify my renewal,but Future publishing is not a gamer accommodating corp.The new Nintendo Power mag is not worth the $ either.[/QUOTE]

I actually like Future-or at least I loved Next Generation, love Edge, PC Gamer/Maximum PC. But I'm not crazy about PSM becoming "Official", and I don't like OXM much :(

Qore took 5 hours to download for me! Not that I'd really care if it was worth waiting for, but still...

And I don't get what it's going to be, either. Is it going to have videos/trailers you won't get for free? Are there going to be demos tied to it that for some reason they won't give you for free? I mean you launch into this interface...why not just let you download that stuff from the built-in store?

Ironically this free issue may drive people away from it :D I'm SO glad I didn't buy a year of it. I actually deleted my copy a few days ago.

I love how this thread became a nice begging session :p

but in all seriousness, I've got a code here and I want to toss the magazine (Major cleaning), so PM me for the code.

EDIT: Code's gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spauldingfan']Anyone wants to trade a code for a Fable:pub Games code or socom beta code pm me.[/quote]

Wouldn't downloading Qore get you into the Socom beta?

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Wouldn't downloading Qore get you into the Socom beta?[/quote]

Or Resistance 2 Beta..... sorry I offered something unlike everyone else just asking. :imwithst:

[quote name='bmachine']Here's my code for someone who wants it:

G6AF-39BD-MTEJ[/quote]

I tried it, and it's been redeemed already. Curses, silent lurker!

[quote name='NateNinja']Just got the next PSM, October 2008 Issue 011 and it comes with a free qore code for episode 2.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I'll give it a try then! Hopefully it'll be better than the first episode. If it's always free with PSM that's one thing, but honestly the first one for me wasn't worth downloading (for six hours!) let alone paying for.

I got the code from a friend, but when I go to download the free copy of calling all cars it won't let me. It says its not available or has already been downloaded. Was this free game only available for a short time?

I'm sorry if this was already covered, but where to you enter the code? I tried at the PSN store and couldn't figure it out.

[quote name='mykee98']I got the code from a friend, but when I go to download the free copy of calling all cars it won't let me. It says its not available or has already been downloaded. Was this free game only available for a short time?[/quote]

It's only for subscribers, in other words, you can't just buy an episode and download it. You have to buy a 1 year subscription.

[quote name='Decker']I'm sorry if this was already covered, but where to you enter the code? I tried at the PSN store and couldn't figure it out.[/quote]

From the XMB,

PS Network-->Account Management-->Transaction Management-->Redeem Code

(It wasn't intuitive to me, either.)

[quote name='Decker']I'm sorry if this was already covered, but where to you enter the code? I tried at the PSN store and couldn't figure it out.[/QUOTE]
I already had to figure this out the hard way. Its a pain in the ass, not explicit. Don't do it through the PSN store. Here goes and I am not at home so doing this from memory. Go to the Account Management under the Cross media bar. Then select the option that has to do with funds transfer. And add the code, i forget which option. Good luck. PM me if u have trouble.

Also, I got the June code for Qore and downloaded it. Here's the deal with it:
1. Calling All Cars is only available if you buy the annual subscription.
2. Socom Beta has not worked for me, and I read that it will open up in the future (who knows when that will be.)
3. Oh yeah, its sucks too. 1.5 GB download for crap? It was all info you could get on the net at FREE sites. The only thing I got was a Socom theme. whoop de doo. And lets see if that socom beta kicks in. Or will I get it when anyone else can.

Also, I haven't received my Sept issue, so I will post the code when I do.

[quote name='xeex']Thanks a lot! I snagged Episode 2.[/QUOTE]
What downloads do they offer and what can you ACTUALLY get from ep 2?

[quote name='joeboosauce']What downloads do they offer and what can you ACTUALLY get from ep 2?[/quote]

I only downloaded a Resistance 2 theme for the XMB. There was a naruto theme but I hate whatever "naruto" is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back