FYE Funimation Sale

dlian

CAG Veteran
FYE had signs up and an endcap display for select Funimation titles 2 for $12 and 4 for $20. Titles include

Galaxy Railways vol1
Fullmetal Alchemist 6, 10, 11, 12, 13
Case Closed vol 1 and 2
Kodocha vol 1
Lupin - 2 movies I can't remember which, sorry
Kiddy Grade Vol 1, 2, 3, 4

Edit: The signs now indicate these titles 3 for $12 and 5 for $15.

Others have seen:
WildC.A.T.S.
Tenchi Muyo Police Diaries
Dragonball GT
Shaman King
Yu Yu Hakusho
Beyblade
Ultimate Muscle

Also WildC.a.t.s complete series and tenchi muyo police diaries 1-4 Those are the two disc per package reissues. kiddy Grade is the 2 disc ones as well. Just watch out cause of the individual disc ones are missed in as well. Also please note it appears to be only ones marked bargain dvd-funimation that has there own UPC put on the back, not the normal ones off the shelf.

Hmmm... FMA interests me, do you remember if they were just the DVDs, or the special tins? $5 a piece would be a good deal either way.

The kiddy grade ones were the two disc 1-4's. So bascially all 8 volumes for $20 if you're lucky to find em all in stock. My FYE only had V2 & 4 >

[quote name='Chuplayer']About Kiddy Grade, were they the single disc volumes 1-4 or the two-disc volumes 1-4?[/quote]

It's a mix of the original volumes 1-8 and the newer issue 2 disc volumes 1-4. From what I have seen it is pretty YMMV what volumes you will see on sale at your store. From what I am gathering all these dvds were part of a new shipment so don't expect anything that isn't tagged for for the promotion to ring up correctly.

tenchi muyo gxp is part of the deal as well, both two disc and single it all just depends on whats stickered though

they also had some 10 off anime cards for buying 2 funimation dvds so i had to buy my 4 dvds 2 at a time, for 12 bucks each instead of 20 alltogether, but i got 2 10 bucks off cards as well

[quote name='rjarmstrong100']does this sale apply to coconuts and such as well? I was in there 10 minutes ago (literally) and there were no such signage.[/quote]

they have it at saturday matinee as well, or maybe it was suncoast?, so i think it's good for coconuts too

I have 2 FYE's in my immediate area, oddly one had the stuff on sale while the other did not. I wanted to get Kiddygrade 1-4 but the one that had the sale going only had 2-4 and they wern't in that great of condition.

My local FYE had a spotty selection. A handful of assorted Tenchi GXP and Kiddy Grade singles, and only one double pack of each show. It didn't look like a lot of the DVDs moved since the start of the sale, too. Most of the display was full. Either that, or they restocked it with crappiness.

Other than the volumes that the OP and 2nd poster mentioned, I also remember seeing a few other Lupin movies, Dragonball GT (random volumes from Series/Lost Episodes/Movie), Beyblade, Shaman King, Ultimate Muscle, Case Closed Volumes (episodes 4x-6x), and Yu Yu Hakusho volumes + First Strike (set 1). I believe there was one or two other series, but I can't remember them. Most of these were all miscelaneous volumes, though DBGT might have been complete (I never checked, though there were enough of them that it could have been).

Also, the cases for the 2-Disc sets for GXP and Kiddy Grade are poorly made. The disc in the middle section doesn't even fit into the holder correctly, and I have found at least two floaters (I think I had a third, with superficial damage), one which was bad enough that it didn't even load. Just something you might want to take note of if you're planning to mail any of them.

Just went in today, NOTHING!

Our store had no signs and the people working their had no clue what I was talking about. I hate these in-store things.

Thought I'd inform you guys, this isn't an FYE sale, it's directly through Funimation. They sent these DVD's out with new UPCs, so once FYE is sold out of the ones they got in, they can no longer be sold for that price. I wanted an FMA Volume 12, but they couldn't give it to me for $7.99 as they were out of the ones with the new UPC stickers and it would fuck up their inventory if they gave me one of the regular priced ones.

BTW, if anybody is looking for volumes 10 or 6, I can hook up up for $10 shipped.

OH dammit... I was right by the mall today, could've gone in and checked! I would've loved some Lupin movies for $6 or less.

[quote name='TimPV3']Thought I'd inform you guys, this isn't an FYE sale, it's directly through Funimation. They sent these DVD's out with new UPCs, so once FYE is sold out of the ones they got in, they can no longer be sold for that price. I wanted an FMA Volume 12, but they couldn't give it to me for $7.99 as they were out of the ones with the new UPC stickers and it would fuck up their inventory if they gave me one of the regular priced ones.

BTW, if anybody is looking for volumes 10 or 6, I can hook up up for $10 shipped.[/quote]
Yeah i realized this too but after some searching i found em! I got FMA 6, 10, 11, 12, and 13 for $30 after taxes! WOOHOO for this deal! I am going to hit up two more FYE's that i might find a few more. I still need 5, 7, 8, 9. I love CAG,

here is a pic of the stand if you had trouble finding these in your local store (sorry again for the bad quality and big size. I blame the communists) :
2ecougn.jpg

How fancy! Mine just seemed to throw them around where there was room. One endcap display on an isle, one bin in the middle of another isle, and then dumped a few more in the new releases section. They also took out a box from behind the counter when I asked if there was more.

I can confirm that this deal is good even without any signs. The store I was in had no mention of the sale, and the cashier was astounded when I got 4 $8 dvds for $20. So if you can find the 7.99 discs, don't hesitate on picking them up.

[quote name='abhinav']Anyone know if this deal is ending with the other ones? I want to go to other FYE's and try and grab a few more.[/QUOTE]This should probably be added to the OP:

This isn't a sale, just regular titles priced at $7.99 by Funimation, once the ones with the $7.99 tags are gone, then they're gone. They'll be there until they all sell out. This means that you'll still probably find more of the DVD's at regular price, like I did with the FMA volumes, but they're not the same price because they have different UPCs. If it doesn't have a $7.99 sticker it isn't $7.99.

[quote name='TimPV3']This should probably be added to the OP:

This isn't a sale, just regular titles priced at $7.99 by Funimation, once the ones with the $7.99 tags are gone, then they're gone. They'll be there until they all sell out. This means that you'll still probably find more of the DVD's at regular price, like I did with the FMA volumes, but they're not the same price because they have different UPCs. If it doesn't have a $7.99 sticker it isn't $7.99.[/quote]

Good to know, the people at my local store said there was a deal but they might have been talking about the 4 for $20 thing. Anyone know if there are anyother FMA's in the deal other then 6, 10,11,12 and 13?

Well I went back to the FYE that didn't have anything obvious posted a few days ago and found a big bin with at least 100+ DVD's in it. I bought Kiddy Grade 1-4, Tenchi GXP Collection 2, and WILD C.A.T.S all for 34 after tax.

COCONUTS IS ALSO IN ON THIS SALE.

I just got back from Coconuts. They didn't have all of the Kiddy Grade double packs, but they had all of the Tenchi GXP double packs. I got all four.

Beware, though. The first time I got the second double pack, it wasn't the second one. It was actually the first one with the second one's sticker up top. So, I got home, realized this, and then had to go back to the store. Make sure your cases are the proper cases before you get them.

The double pack cases suck ass. I didn't get any discs that were scratched to hell, but I did have one floater. But the way they lock into the middle section of the case, I'm surprised I didn't get more floaters. All you've got to do to dislodge the disc is fart on it.

All of the GXP Set 1's that I found had the set 2 sticker on top of them. The cover art was for set one though.

Well, I did find a set 1 with the sticker of set 1. Funny thing is, my second shot at attempting to get set 2 (successful, BTW) had the set 2 sticker on the outside of the shrinkwrap. The plastic case was different, too. It has holders on each side of the case, but it still sucks. The discs don't fit in there very nicely.

[quote name='Tsukento']Helloooo Yu Yu Hakusho. Is that the new boxset I see there and is it repriced as well? If so, I may have reason to go.[/quote]

I did not see any box sets with this deal but i can confirm the new deal.

[quote name='imascrub']still any word on Rumbling Hearts? lol
Guess I should just go see for myself[/quote]

Keep dreaming! Only a few titles are part of the sale sadly and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien is not part of it. What's worse is that these dvds came in their own seperate shipment.

Anyways that damn rumbling hearts name change is annoying and confusing! What was wrong with Kimi ga Nozomu Eien?

:( oh well hopefully rightstuf will have another one of their 10 for $50 sales again

If it makes you feel any better I think the OP theme song's title is "Rumbling Hearts" lol

[quote name='abhinav']I did not see any box sets with this deal but i can confirm the new deal.[/quote]
The one with Yusuke on the cover is the recently released boxset of the first few episodes. I believe it was the first 13 episodes. Seeing it on the photo you provided. :p

Are any of the Lupin movies worth picking up? I was thinking of going back tomorrow to pick up FMA 6, 10, and 11, and was probably going to pick up the first two Case Closed sets (Eps 1-15) if there wasn't anything else worth seeing.

[quote name='Tsukento']The one with Yusuke on the cover is the recently released boxset of the first few episodes. I believe it was the first 13 episodes. Seeing it on the photo you provided. :p[/quote]

I think you might be correct!
It does look like this http://www.dvdplanet.com/details.cfm?info=FUN006002
288353.jpg

Very nice catch! I might go pick it up, i know i can find a few other movies for the new deal.

PS: DVD Planet has the other two parts on sale aswell
http://www.dvdplanet.com/details.cfm?info=FUN005994
http://www.dvdplanet.com/details.cfm?info=FUN006006

Haha, awesome. I'm so checking my FYE the next chance I get. Been waiting for such a good deal on that set and other YYH DVDs. Might also grab a couple of those Case Closed ones to fill up my first re-release boxset.

Not sure if I saw this mentioned above but I found this sale are also at a suncoast store. So if anyone doesnt have an FYE but does have a suncoast they can hit that up and hope to find the DVDs.

For any Kansas City CAGs: Suncoast and FYE at Oak Park Mall have this sale going on. They had mostly Cased Closed, Tenchi, and Yu Yu Hakusho. I was a little disappointed that neither had any FMA.

(I need volumes 10-13 to finish out my collection... so if someone wants to do a CAG a favor, please PM me).

I did snag the Kiddy Grade double discs at FYE. Pay attention though because they also had the singles mixed in. Same with Cased Closed.

just dropped by fye today and added the following to my collection:

dragon ball gt - a hero's legacy (x2 - copy for a cousin)
dragon ball gt - the lost episodes discs 1-5
fullmetal alchemist - discs 6 (x2), 10, 11, 12, 13
wildc.a.t.s. series (x2 - again for my cousin)
---
15 dvd's for $45 plus tax!

there were others still there (lupin 3rd, case closed, one more set of dbgt lost episodes, but no more fma though, unfortunately).

$3 a dvd is amazing! i was expecting to get in on the 4 for $20, but it rang up at that new updated price! if anyone would like me to check to see if there's any left on monday (when i head back), PM me and let me know. i'm willing to work something out.

sidenote: if your fye's will take far cry for the wii used, you can get ~$25 for it. i had an extra leftover from the trade 2, get 1 free at gamestop last week.

Soon after I saw this, I headed down to my local FYE after I dropped a room mate off at work. Was able to score vols 6, 10, 11, 12, and 13 of FMA. really wish they had had more...

Funny thing is that they had the sale sticker on a copy of vol 10, and in with the regular dvds, they had another of the same copy with a 29.99 stick on it. The guy told me to go grab it and he would scan it...but it rang up at 29.99 not apart of the sale. Anyhow, I can't bitch too much, At least I have the vols from where I left off after watching them on my pC, yet never finished. 5 for $15 was a fucking steal too!

bread's done
Back