Fye Trade 4 Get One Is Back!!!

aliberry5983

CAG Veteran
Went in to fye today and they said that the dealk is back on through the 30th of october .Good olso for ps2 gameqube 360,psp.and dvds.let me know if you were able to get them to do it becouse some stores are saying yes and some stores are saying no.But I did see the flyers.the employees are really ill informed about everything,so if they sayno call coorperate and ask.could be ymmv,Good luck!

They dont take Jampacks BTW. it came up as a penny.

As for the DVDs, i couldnt find any boxsets i wanted that is under 26.99. So i just traded in as credit.

Todays stops

TRU
Borders
FYE

i go to TRU...19.99 RR6, 19.99 College Hoops 2k6, so i figure come sunday, buy2get1 free twice, = 3 new 360 games for 80ish

go to borders...its up to 75% off from 50(i already knew this as a friend of mine works at borders and told me on tuesday)
this time around though, i found 2 360 games i didnt see before, as well as 1 that i did see before. Needless to say i grabbed all 3: Xmen RR6 and College Hoops for 47 total.

go to fye....bring in RR6 and CH2k6, the guy looks at them and says wow great condition. He then looks at the flyer and says he cant find a restriction so pick any game i want. I head to the section...no splinter cell LE >

[quote name='Hibiwa']Are the flyers given out to people walkling in, or for store display? The pic posted above looks like it's for customers, but someone also said they couldn't get a copy because it's in the planner.[/QUOTE]

The flyer I saw was the employee copy. It started out with something like, 'In order to increase our used inventory..." Internal use only. The flyer this guy posted appears to be for customers, although I'm not sure why it mentions price limits, because there are none for this promo. Maybe the store he got that from was handing out the old flyers from the previous deal, when there were price limits?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but has anyone had luck with old sports games. I'm talking Madden 2003. Is it worth a shot?

[quote name='munch']Sorry if this has already been answered, but has anyone had luck with old sports games. I'm talking Madden 2003. Is it worth a shot?[/QUOTE]

I've used several '03 sports games for this deal.

Here is the other side of the flyer:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6629/fye2kq8.jpg

I tried to trade in a few games at the FYE at Lakeside Mall in Sterling Heights, MI. The restriction at this store was that the game had to trade for $4 or more.
Only two of my games qualified. I am just going to try another store.
Here is a tip though: Best Buy has ChoroQ, Bad Boys, Mark Davis Pro Bass Challenge, Pinball Hall of Fame, and Puzzle Challenge Crosswords for PS2 for $5 each. They were in a cardboard box of budget games under the PS2 racks.

I'm done with dealing with FYE manager BS

Both stores' managers claimed that their policies overrode company policy

At one store, 4/12 games I had passed the quality inspection and were valued at $10, so when I went to go get scarface he told me it had to be an equal trade....I then asked what's the point of the deal and he replied that there really isn't one, saying it didn't make any sense to take in $10 worth of games for a $40 game....even when i presented the hard evidence (flyers!) he persisted, and I was just so fed up with them at that point that I just stormed out of there

and to top it all off, for the games that didn't pass the "quality test," he told me to go to EB Games or Gamestop "cuz they got the machine that cleans them disks"

I hate stupid people

They aren't running the deal in KC. I dropped by last night and they said their current deal is "Trade $25 worth of stuff, get an extra $5".

[quote name='Weedy649']Todays stops

TRU
Borders
FYE

i go to TRU...19.99 RR6, 19.99 College Hoops 2k6, so i figure come sunday, buy2get1 free twice, = 3 new 360 games for 80ish

go to borders...its up to 75% off from 50(i already knew this as a friend of mine works at borders and told me on tuesday)
this time around though, i found 2 360 games i didnt see before, as well as 1 that i did see before. Needless to say i grabbed all 3: Xmen RR6 and College Hoops for 47 total.

go to fye....bring in RR6 and CH2k6, the guy looks at them and says wow great condition. He then looks at the flyer and says he cant find a restriction so pick any game i want. I head to the section...no splinter cell LE >

yup i just called one of the few fye stores i got over here and they told me the deal ended awhile back and probably won't start till next month. anyway i can show them some proof its going on now?

I just called my FYE and they confirmed the deal is going and they don't have restrictions, and they have SC DA, Saints Row, NBA 2k7 for 360 in stock.

My Gamestop has College Hoops, NBA 2k6, Live 06, Madden 06, Ridge Racer, and NHL 2k6 in stock used. The edge card and gameinformer coupon are stackable.

Wow $55 bucks for Splinter Cell, Saints Row, and NBA 2k6.

edit: just looked at the gameinformer coupon and its only valid for 3 games/accessories. if the gamestop cashier notices it I will ask if can take the extra 10% off 3 of the games.

The FYE in Concord just told me over the phone that games /DVD's have to be under $29.99 in value. Don't know if he meant trade in or buying..wtfuxors :(

I called the FYE at the Christiana Mall and they said the deal is over.

I called the FYE at the Concoord Mall and was told the deal is ongoing. But they exclude any title that rings up for a penny.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I called the FYE at the Concoord Mall and was told the deal is ongoing. But they exclude any title that rings up for a penny.[/QUOTE]
It's a trap!

The FYE in the Newpark Mall here in Newark, CA is taking games and DVDs. I traded in about 20 DVDs for some Baby Einstein DVDs (Hey, I'm a new father, leave me alone).

I was one game short though. :bomb:

I was trying to trade in for the PS2:

FIFA 06
Dead or Alive
MVP Baseball 2005
and FIFA 2001

Unfortunately the guy didn't take FIFA 2001 cause he said he couldn't take games that rang up as $.01. But he was willing to take MVP 05.

I went to EB/GS today with my Edge card and bought 4 x 4.99 used games (Summoner, Motorcros Mania 3, Eve of Extinction, and Extermination) for about $12, and I'm going to see if I can trade these in for that Legos Star Wars II I was trying to get yesterday. I'll let you know if I'm successful. I love this site.

[quote name='Ham Salad']The FYE in the Newpark Mall here in Newark, CA is taking games and DVDs. I traded in about 20 DVDs for some Baby Einstein DVDs (Hey, I'm a new father, leave me alone). [/quote]

Any other restrictions besides the penny games? I'm heading down there today! :)

[quote name='ghozt']yup i just called one of the few fye stores i got over here and they told me the deal ended awhile back and probably won't start till next month. anyway i can show them some proof its going on now?[/QUOTE]

Hey, if it is really starting next month nationwide all the better since the Wii and PS3 will be out by then!

[quote name='Ham Salad']The FYE in the Newpark Mall here in Newark, CA is taking games and DVDs. I traded in about 20 DVDs for some Baby Einstein DVDs (Hey, I'm a new father, leave me alone).

I was one game short though. :bomb:

I was trying to trade in for the PS2:

FIFA 06
Dead or Alive
MVP Baseball 2005
and FIFA 2001

Unfortunately the guy didn't take FIFA 2001 cause he said he couldn't take games that rang up as $.01. But he was willing to take MVP 05.

I went to EB/GS today with my Edge card and bought 4 x 4.99 used games (Summoner, Motorcros Mania 3, Eve of Extinction, and Extermination) for about $12, and I'm going to see if I can trade these in for that Legos Star Wars II I was trying to get yesterday. I'll let you know if I'm successful. I love this site.[/QUOTE]
good luck, i traded in 4 games worth about $12 and got scraface limited edition. Too bad the selection of games is really crappy and there isnt much to chose.

wth! the newpark mall is the fye i called and the guy who answered is the one that told me they weren't doing the deal. ill have to go pick up some trade fodder at gs then. so are .01 the only restrictions? i plan on picking up some older 360 sports titles for 14.99 games and getting some new games in return. are they letting us pick any game or are they following the flyer and limiting it to 44.99 or something like that?

[quote name='62t']good luck, i traded in 4 games worth about $12 and got scraface limited edition. Too bad the selection of games is really crappy and there isnt much to chose.[/quote]

Do you think its possible to trade stuff in for that game, and then return it later and exchange it for something else? Its a little more work, but hey if it gets me a game I really want, then I'm up for it. I remember seeing a couple of scarface LE's there. Thoughts?

[quote name='Ham Salad']Do you think its possible to trade stuff in for that game, and then return it later and exchange it for something else? Its a little more work, but hey if it gets me a game I really want, then I'm up for it. I remember seeing a couple of scarface LE's there. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
I guess it wont hurt to try, but it is always YMMV. I think i got the last scarface LE, and overall the selection is really bad (no new release like bully).

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Do you think Red Faction, Rumble Racing, Getaway, Tony Hawks Underground, Coolboarders 2001 will ring up as 0.01?[/QUOTE]
Red Faction and THUG should work.

Here's all the games im planning on trading in:

Gun
Arena Football
Smackdown vs Raw 06
Matrix Path of Neo
GTA: LCS (PS2)
THUG
Coolboarders 2001
The Getaway
Pirates of the Carribean: Legend of Jack Sparrow
Ultimate Spiderman
007:Everything or Nothing
Dead to Rights
The GOdfather
Sly Cooper
007:Nightfire
Ape Escape 2
Red Faction

I hope all of them work so I can walk out with 4 new games :D

[quote name='Ham Salad']Do you think its possible to trade stuff in for that game, and then return it later and exchange it for something else? Its a little more work, but hey if it gets me a game I really want, then I'm up for it. I remember seeing a couple of scarface LE's there. Thoughts?[/quote]

I did that with the DVDs last time(26.99 limit). When i took some back, they gave me credit for MSRP, even WITH the receipt that had my purchase price. MSRP being 59.99 for one of them - i sure did not complain.

The FYE that I traded my games into said there was no exclusions on trade in price and if you check at the beginning of this thread, a CAG called the main office and they verified that were no exclusions to the trade ins meaning .01 worked.

There were limits like the 360 game had to be $59.99 or less (no LE versions unless you pay the difference) and ps2 games were $39.99 or less.

I have found that FYE employees and managers make there on rules and you have to ask them to check their promotion guide or bring a flyer in. I just try to be as polite as I can knowing that the majority are arses.

You're absolutely right they make their own rules. below is a repost of my post in the EB/GS B2G1 thread. I've combined the deals there with the FYE deal after being turned on to it by nyprimus4.

----------------------------------------------------
btw, this is for anyone who hasn't kept up with the thread - the trade-ins are VERY YMMV. My FYE in fact has NO restrictions on trade-ins. I did 6 trade-in deals for 3 Xbox 360 games and 3 Playstation 2 games. I used the cheapest 360 games I could find at EB/GS (NBA Live, RR6, etc.) and a crapload of junk games like Madden 2003, NBA Live 2002, etc. to score the games. All told I spent around $85 to get the following games:

Xbox 360
Madden 2007
Battlefield 2 Modern Combat
Ghost Recon: AW

PS2
FFVII: DOC x2
Madden 2007

Furthermore, I was told by the clerk twice that I am allowed to return/exchange any of these games within 30 days provided they are unopened - meaning I can exchange them for the newest releases within the next 30 days (Hello Gears of War!).

I'm not going to list every PS2 game (I bought 11 and used one of my own -Shinobi) I bought to trade in but I basically picked up any $2-4 game I could find with few to no scratches (they are quite strict about this as reported by others). The 360 games I bought for trade-in fodder include RR6 x 2, NBA 2K6, College Hoops 2K6, NHL 2K6, and Madden 2006. Total cost = $59.90 for the 360 games and $27.98 for the PS2 games = a grand total of $87.88.

$87.88 for games that retail for $330 at FYE. I should add that they did charge tax on 4 of the games (they forgot to do it for the first 2 games) so I spent an additional $15 for tax.

Sorry for being so longwinded but I hope this post will help those who are not yet in the know. Good luck and happy trading!

incidentally, i was told by one of the employees that the 4 for 1 is not valid for Xbox but is valid for PS2. I'm pretty sure that he was wrong about that since another employee told me over the phone that the deal was valid for Xbox. I wasn't going to argue about it since he rejected 2 out of 4 Xbox games I had based on a few tiny scratches. They are definitely picky about scratches on the games.

[quote name='Staraang21']incidentally, i was told by one of the employees that the 4 for 1 is not valid for Xbox but is valid for PS2. I'm pretty sure that he was wrong about that since another employee told me over the phone that the deal was valid for Xbox. I wasn't going to argue about it since he rejected 2 out of 4 Xbox games I had based on a few tiny scratches. They are definitely picky about scratches on the games.[/QUOTE]
XBox isn't mentioned in the flyer
fye2kq8.jpg

YMMV

My fellow CAGs,

Let me first again state that THIS DEAL IS NOT YMMV! IT IS ONLY YMMV IF YOU ALLOW IT TO BE!

I have seen their propietary materials for this deal. There are NO exclusions. You ARE allowed to trade penny games. There is NO $39.99 threshold for the game that you select. This deal is nationwide, with the ONLY exception being FYEs that do not sell any video games.

If they are telling you anything else, they are lying. Ask them to show you where it says they don't take penny games. They can't, because nowhere in their promotional language is such a thing stated. "Uh, yeah, my manager says I can't do that." Well his manager's manager says that you can. His name is Nick Puccini, Director of Store Sales for TransWorld, the parent company of FYE. I already talked to him, as mentioned earlier in the thread, and we have the green light from him, the highest level of the company. If you cowards don't believe me, call him yourself!

TransWorld Entertainment Corporation (518) 452-1242

CAGs, this trade-in offer is the deal of a lifetime. FYE has opened the floodgates for rampant profit-loss. It is our job, our mission, our duty, to utilize this deal to its fullest. There is no ethical gray area, as sometimes appears during price mistakes. This is a masochistic maneuver on the part of the incompetent TransWorld Corporation, thinking they can outmaneuver EBGames without doing any Due Diligence research of the market.

Our planet is based on survival of the fittest. It is what allows the world to prosper. It is what enabled humanity to rise to the top of the food chain. Survival of the fittest is what makes our nation and our families strong. We CAGs, as men(and hot gamer chicks), are obligated to carry out this order. We are obligated to slaughter the weak, so that the strong can face the greater deals, and lay waste to the greater obstacles to those deals. Otherwise, my value-minded brethren, we, too, shall perish.

If we walk away, if we allow FYE to deny us with lies, then we are no better than those who walk into Best Buy and pay retail for audio cables. We would be akin to those who purchase Circuit City's extended warranty plans. We would be eating from the same trough, wallowing in the same filth as people who do their grocery shopping in convenience stores.

We cannot let this happen! We have a calling! The world needs us to find and propgate the best deals that stores have to offer, so that our money goes to the important things in life, such as our families, and Guitar Hero. The store's money, that should be going to US.

If an FYE employee tries to tell you they don't take penny games, or that the deal isn't going on in their store, you need to rise up and call them on it! They must honor this trade-in deal with no exclusions. It is in their planner!

We shall not be slaves to corporate oppression! We have a duty as thrift-hunting devil customers to find their weakness, scream to the heavens in victory, and go for the kill. Four for one trade-in! Boom! Headshot!

Friends, when FYE tries to stop you from utilizing this deal, inform them that today, YMMV does not stand for Your Mileage May Vary. It stands for Your Money's Mine, Vato.

Long live CAG! Long live CheapyD!

lordcheapynf4.jpg

[quote name='billg']My fellow CAGs,

Let me first again state that THIS DEAL IS NOT YMMV! IT IS ONLY YMMV IF YOU ALLOW IT TO BE!

I have seen their propietary materials for this deal. There are NO exclusions. You ARE allowed to trade penny games. There is NO $39.99 threshold for the game that you select. This deal is nationwide, with the ONLY exception being FYEs that do not sell any video games.

If they are telling you anything else, they are lying. Ask them to show you where it says they don't take penny games. They can't, because nowhere in their promotional language is such a thing stated. "Uh, yeah, my manager says I can't do that." Well his manager's manager says that you can. His name is Nick Puccini, Director of Store Sales for TransWorld, the parent company of FYE. I already talked to him, as mentioned earlier in the thread, and we have the green light from him, the highest level of the company. If you cowards don't believe me, call him yourself!

TransWorld Entertainment Corporation (518) 452-1242

CAGs, this trade-in offer is the deal of a lifetime. FYE has opened the floodgates for rampant profit-loss. It is our job, our mission, our duty, to utilize this deal to its fullest. There is no ethical gray area, as sometimes appears during price mistakes. This is a masochistic maneuver on the part of the incompetent TransWorld Corporation, thinking they can outmaneuver EBGames without doing any Due Diligence research of the market.

Our planet is based on survival of the fittest. It is what allows the world to prosper. It is what enabled humanity to rise to the top of the food chain. Survival of the fittest is what makes our nation and our families strong. We CAGs, as men(and hot gamer chicks), are obligated to carry out this order. We are obligated to slaughter the weak, so that the strong can face the greater deals, and lay waste to the greater obstacles to those deals. Otherwise, my value-minded brethren, we, too, shall perish.

If we walk away, if we allow FYE to deny us with lies, then we are no better than those who walk into Best Buy and pay retail for audio cables. We would be akin to those who purchase Circuit City's extended warranty plans. We would be eating from the same trough, wallowing in the same filth as people who do their grocery shopping in convenience stores.

We cannot let this happen! We have a calling! The world needs us to find and propgate the best deals that stores have to offer, so that our money goes to the important things in life, such as our families, and Guitar Hero. The store's money, that should be going to US.

If an FYE employee tries to tell you they don't take penny games, or that the deal isn't going on in their store, you need to rise up and call them on it! They must honor this trade-in deal with no exclusions. It is in their planner!

We shall not be slaves to corporate oppression! We have a duty as thrift-hunting devil customers to find their weakness, scream to the heavens in victory, and go for the kill. Four for one trade-in! Boom! Headshot!

Friends, when FYE tries to stop you from utilizing this deal, inform them that today, YMMV does not stand for Your Mileage May Vary. It stands for Your Money's Mine, Vato.

Long live CAG! Long live CheapyD![/quote]

Jesus loves you.

You could have made that much shorter, and much less badly dramatic though.

Also... you sure they can take penny games? Penny games are oput of their system, right? Isn't it just a given that they can't take penny games, period? Even without this dieal?

[quote name='Ham Salad']Do you think its possible to trade stuff in for that game, and then return it later and exchange it for something else? Its a little more work, but hey if it gets me a game I really want, then I'm up for it. I remember seeing a couple of scarface LE's there. Thoughts?[/quote]

I think this type of move is very YMMV. I traded in 12 games and got 3 lego star wars 2 and kept the receipt. All 3 lego star wars showed up on the receipt.

My plan was to trade the 3 LSW:II in later that week for other games that were releasing.

About 3 days later I went to an FYE w/ a friendly manager and asked to exchange the 3 for equivalent PS2 games b/c I had made a mix up. Since the games were unopened and I had a receipt, the manager was more than happy to swap them for Bully, Justice League and Destroy all Humans 2. No questions asked.

I know if I had gone to a diff FYE where I personally know the personnel and managers are rude (based off multiple experiences), I doubt this would have happened.

I guess technically, if you have a receipt and it's unopened it shouldn't be a problem and you're within the return item window. But like other CAGs have stated, and I've experienced myself, sometimes they make up their own rules on the spot.

Yeah, the flier definately says games $39.99 and under. It also says that all trades are subject to a manager's approval. So this explains some of the YMMV going on with this sale. Kind of blows the wind out of our sails doesn't it?

Looks like I'm late to the party again... is there a list of games that are definitely no go? I just brought 6 under $5 games from GS, going to try this thing out tomorrow. Do I have to bring in the flyer or just call the in advance? Is the condition of the game case important? ... man if this works and I manage to score Okami or the likes, then this deal could be turned into something even sweeter than that Overstock deal!

[quote name='martin8me']when does this deal end? SO there is absolutly no restrictions? (do i need the box/instructions?)[/QUOTE]

I saw somewhere that this deal ends 31 Oct. Also, having seen some people claiming problems with trading in scratched disc, I'd guess you'd need the box and manual.

[quote name='Asgardian']I saw somewhere that this deal ends 31 Oct. Also, having seen some people claiming problems with trading in scratched disc, I'd guess you'd need the box and manual.[/quote]

Oh well ill just go to my EB buy some crap $1.99 sports games and trade them in.

Today I traded for 360:

PGR3 - Bought at launch with BB coupon for $40, hardly played
College Hoops - Bought at EB today for $12 in credit
Madden 2006 - Bought at EB today for $9 in credit
Full Auto - Bought on Ebay 3 weeks ago for $20 cash (never played).

Got Enchanted Arms and TC: Double Agent

Had to pay for tax and need to go back later to trade in the other 2 College Hoops and 2 Madden's I bought.

I realized I got 1 game for $21 credit (and that that credit cost me about $10 cash due to extra $10 trade in and KMART sales.) plus $5 for tax. Not too shabby.

[quote name='lurknomore']So has anyone gotten them to take any XBox games? Everyone says no exclusions, but wouldn't that be an exclusion?[/QUOTE]
xbox is not on the flyer.

Don't waste your time at the Montebello CA store, fucking ass hats working there tonight.

Me and a friend go in with the intention of picking up at the very least SCDA...and there just happened to be two copies left. So as we walk up to the counter, the clerk "NICK" says "I hope you guys aren't trading in the same exact games..." I already knew I was in for a dog fight with this guy. He takes about 10 minutes to figure out what the hell he is doing, and finally says..."oh the deal is only valid for 360 games that are 49.99. I ask him to show me some proof--a print out, a sign ANYTHING, and i'd walk away with no questions asked. Of course, he couldn't come up with anything.

I was pissed at this point, knowing this tool was just acting out so I asked him if he knew who Nick Puccini was...and informed "Nick" that he was the Director of store sales for Transworld. I asked for his contact and store information so I could give Nick a call and let him know what a fine job he was doing at this particular location.

What a fucking joke...he offers to have me pay the ten buck difference on SCDA, I told him to shove it, and I knew he was making shit up as he went along--because before I got there my buddy was talking to him about the deals and he was fine with everything until the very end!

bread's done
Back