Game Rush - Trade 2 games and get $20 off any pre-order game (UPDATED)

ksuwild25

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
The deal should have officialy started for all Gamerushes by now.

Get $20 off any pre-order game when you trade 2 games.

Trade offer good on PS2, XBOX, GC and GBA. $20 savings in addition to your trade-in value

So you are getting your normal trade-in value and an extra $20 off if it's on a preorder and you're trading in two games. I think you can only use those above mentioned platforms.

[quote name='snowmizer']I just traded in a game at one of my local GameRushes.

They had just received a new promotion... trade in 1 game, and get $20 off ANY game (preorder, pre-owned, or new). I had to ask him again to make sure I heard him right. (There were no promotional material on the desk for me to read it myself.)

Sure enough, I traded in one and finally placed a preorder for Halo 2, whereupon he opened a drawer and scanned whatever material was hiding inside, taking the $20 off.

Thus, it appears that magazine coupon is unnecessary. This deal is supposedly in effect until September 30.[/quote]

this promotion can't be for real

hell i can buy a copy of haven from them for 2.99 and trade it back in for 20+ towards a preorder..nah..probably trade 2 get 20 off...cashier must've made a mistake while doing the deal

[quote name='gsr'][quote name='snowmizer']I just traded in a game at one of my local GameRushes.

They had just received a new promotion... trade in 1 game, and get $20 off ANY game (preorder, pre-owned, or new). I had to ask him again to make sure I heard him right. (There were no promotional material on the desk for me to read it myself.)

Sure enough, I traded in one and finally placed a preorder for Halo 2, whereupon he opened a drawer and scanned whatever material was hiding inside, taking the $20 off.

Thus, it appears that magazine coupon is unnecessary. This deal is supposedly in effect until September 30.[/quote]

this promotion can't be for real

hell i can buy a copy of haven from them for 2.99 and trade it back in for 20+ towards a preorder..nah..probably trade 2 get 20 off...cashier must've made a mistake while doing the deal[/quote]And you can buy a used Riddick for $10, and then trade it back in for $25. It could be real. You never know.

Game Rush did run a deal earlier this year that was "trade in 1 game, get a new one for $20 off" . I bought Riddick, Mario Kart:DD, Samurai Warriors, and Four Swords...i think the deal was in June/July, they even had it on their website once because i printed off the coupon ( although you didn't need it ). The sale was short lived, maybe 3 weeks.

wow sounds like a great deal. If they have preorder to Time Crisis: Crisis Zone with Guncon2, then I'm there with the 2 games, since the guncon2 games rarely drop past $40.
Hope they have the preorder, are great with preorders, and have the deal going on. Too bad the only GameRush I know is in Staten Island.

Edit:
If you guys wanna use the coupon, you can get it here:
http://www.blockbuster.com/Media/Gamerush/grcoupon.pdf

that is a valid coupon, but it also is a running deal in-store, for a while now but the one everbody is looking for is pre-orders for $29.99 w/trade-in.

[quote name='MeGaWC27']Edit:
http://www.blockbuster.com/Media/Gamerush/grcoupon.pdf[/quote]
Hmm, if ya look at the expiration date of the coupon it says Sept. 6th. I remember Dustin Echoes said that at his GameRush, they'd start the "trade 2, get $20 off a preorder" on the 7th of Sept. I was kinda skeptical at first but it seems crystal clear now...

[quote name='MeGaWC27']wow sounds like a great deal. If they have preorder to Time Crisis: Crisis Zone with Guncon2, then I'm there with the 2 games, since the guncon2 games rarely drop past $40.
Hope they have the preorder, are great with preorders, and have the deal going on. Too bad the only GameRush I know is in Staten Island.

Edit:

i think get $10 off a new game has always been going on..ever since gamerush opened and i think it will continue

So if I wanna pre-order Pikmin 2, all I have to do is bring in any two games from any systems, and they will give me $20 off, and also the credit from the two games I trade in?

Does that mean I can get the game for free, if I bring in some expensive games that I find for cheap?

I didn't want to search through the last 6 pages to see if I'm restating previous information. Today at Blockbuster I spoke to one of the Gamerush employees who stated that the $20 dollars off a pre-order is going to replace the 'trade 2 games and get a pre-owned game for 10 dollar' deal on Sept. 6th. So those who want that Riddick or that Tales of Symphonia, for 10 bucks by trading in your old copies of Madden 98 and 99 should go ahead and do it now.

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']How do u get a game for $10?[/quote]

Well the way I do it is go to Gamestop and buy three 1.99 PS sports titles, and take them to GR and trade them two in. I did that to buy a FF: CC and took it to another GR in the area and traded it and the third sports game in for 30 dollars credit, which covered me getting Front Mission 4, Ratchet & Clank and Resident Evil: Code Veronica X .

(my girlfriend bought me a PS2 after my apt was broken into and all my games stolen, so this was a great way of replenishing my old library)

Do Circuit city's, bestbuys, or compusa have any cheap games that trade in for more at gamerush?

Or should I go to like an EBgames or Gamestop to get my games?

The most I've seen a game trade in for is 45 dollars (Madden 05: Special Edition)

Everything else I've seen peak at 35 dollars.

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']So if I wanna pre-order Pikmin 2, all I have to do is bring in any two games from any systems, and they will give me $20 off, and also the credit from the two games I trade in?

Does that mean I can get the game for free, if I bring in some expensive games that I find for cheap?[/quote]

Yes. That is true, I just got done preording it, got 28 dollars total from two games I spent a total of 10 dollars on at CC, awesome.

A shame their computers list Pikmin 2 as coming out sometime in September, that's what I heard at least. Oh well, since I can get 48 dollars off of Pikmin, with my 28 dollars credit, and 20 dollars off, I'll wait the extra days. 8)

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Mysteriouskk']So if I wanna pre-order Pikmin 2, all I have to do is bring in any two games from any systems, and they will give me $20 off, and also the credit from the two games I trade in?

Does that mean I can get the game for free, if I bring in some expensive games that I find for cheap?[/quote]

Yes. That is true, I just got done preording it, got 28 dollars total from two games I spent a total of 10 dollars on at CC, awesome.

A shame their computers list Pikmin 2 as coming out sometime in September, that's what I heard at least. Oh well, since I can get 48 dollars off of Pikmin, with my 28 dollars credit, and 20 dollars off, I'll wait the extra days. 8)[/quote]

What games did you buy at CC for $10?

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']What games did you buy at CC for $10?[/quote]

It was most likely games from the 4.99 sale at CC 1-2 months ago.

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Mysteriouskk']So if I wanna pre-order Pikmin 2, all I have to do is bring in any two games from any systems, and they will give me $20 off, and also the credit from the two games I trade in?

A shame their computers list Pikmin 2 as coming out sometime in September, that's what I heard at least. Oh well, since I can get 48 dollars off of Pikmin, with my 28 dollars credit, and 20 dollars off, I'll wait the extra days. 8)[/quote] They said that Halo 2 isn't supposed to come out untill NOVEMBER 19TH. I want to preoder Pikmin 2, and I might be able to if the preorder promo starts before they get it.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='Nephets'][quote name='Mysteriouskk']So if I wanna pre-order Pikmin 2, all I have to do is bring in any two games from any systems, and they will give me $20 off, and also the credit from the two games I trade in?

A shame their computers list Pikmin 2 as coming out sometime in September, that's what I heard at least. Oh well, since I can get 48 dollars off of Pikmin, with my 28 dollars credit, and 20 dollars off, I'll wait the extra days. 8)[/quote] They said that Halo 2 isn't supposed to come out untill [/b]NOVEMBER 19TH. I was suprised. :(
What made it so funny, is that they had a Halo 2 trailer playing right behind me as I was talking to the guy and at the end it said November 9th. :roll:
I want to preoder Pikmin 2, and I might be able to if the preorder promo starts before they get it.
[/quote]

Tomorrow or so I'm going to call Game Rush to see what the real release date for Pikmin 2 is... because if they "get games the day it comes out", then I doubt they'll recieve it a few days after it comes out... :?

Note: I got Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, and Defender of the Crown... got 28 bucks total for each. 8)

So, when Pikmin 2 comes out... I'll just have to spend 2 dollars + tax for it. Due to the 20 dollars off coupon and 28 dollar dollars credit. 8)

Does anybody know if I can trade in a game without the cover (dvd label) for the game? Can I still get this deal if I don't have the label?

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']Does anybody know if I can trade in a game without the cover (dvd label) for the game? Can I still get this deal if I don't have the label?[/quote]

As long as you have the disc, they'll accept it.

[quote name='video_gamer324'][quote name='Mysteriouskk']Does anybody know if I can trade in a game without the cover (dvd label) for the game? Can I still get this deal if I don't have the label?[/quote]

As long as you have the disc, they'll accept it.[/quote]

Yeah, that's true, that is why I love Game Rush.

Anyway, Pikmin 2 is confirmed for a September 3 release apparently, and that's fine. I think I'll preorder Paper Mario 2 next... I'll wait until Christmas time for Donkey Konga. Since I'd want an extra pair of bongos to play multiplayer with. I wonder what the release date (for Game Rush) is for Metroid Prime 2, I already preordered it, does anyone know a release date for it at Game Rush?

[quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='MeGaWC27']Edit:
Hmm, if ya look at the expiration date of the coupon it says Sept. 6th. I remember Dustin Echoes said that at his GameRush, they'd start the "trade 2, get $20 off a preorder" on the 7th of Sept. I was kinda skeptical at first but it seems crystal clear now...[/quote]

Oh sorry, my computer was having trouble when I found the coupon (only saw the left side of it but not the right for some reason. So i just assumed it was that coupon since it said 39.99 for new games and all preorders are around 60 - 20 trade in value. Just read the coupon and :D .

My Gamerush is going live tomorrow.. YAYAY!! I went in today and asked to trade in some games, and the guys barely knew how do to anything... They said that I was the first person to try it out. lol. and they said that I can get the credit, but I have to come in tomorrow to pre-order a game...

So gonna go tomorrow... At least it is 2 minutes away from a gamestop...hehehe

Anyone order MK:Deception Kollector's edition yet from GameRush? I saw they were added to the list of people who will have it now. I may do it....I still have a few games I could trade in.

hmmm, I could deal w/Mileena on the cover for getting a game on credit and no out of pocket expense. Plus the great deal they have going would make this even better.

Can't pre-order Donkey Konga, looks like they wont' get it in stock. She lady said that they don't get games like DDR w/ the dance mats, so they probably won't get this either. Kinda sucks.

Plus, they wouldn't let me get the deal w/o the coupon. Now I gotta go buy gamepro for another coupon. I used one for MGS3 and the other for Halo 2 LE.

[quote name='slavefive']Can't pre-order Donkey Konga, looks like they wont' get it in stock. She lady said that they don't get games like DDR w/ the dance mats, so they probably won't get this either. Kinda sucks.

Plus, they wouldn't let me get the deal w/o the coupon. Now I gotta go buy gamepro for another coupon. I used one for MGS3 and the other for Halo 2 LE.[/quote]

Thanks funny since I already pre-ordered it, believe the demo is in the store

See, with Donkey Konga, the lady I talked to I've dealt with before and, not to be mean, but she's a complete moron. Absolutely clueless. I might go back and talk to the other dude who works there. He's a true gamer and even writes for an xbox site. He has a clue. Maybe i'll get my dK after all.

[quote name='Engineer_J'][quote name='slavefive']Can't pre-order Donkey Konga, looks like they wont' get it in stock. She lady said that they don't get games like DDR w/ the dance mats, so they probably won't get this either. Kinda sucks.

Plus, they wouldn't let me get the deal w/o the coupon. Now I gotta go buy gamepro for another coupon. I used one for MGS3 and the other for Halo 2 LE.[/quote]

Thanks funny since I already pre-ordered it, believe the demo is in the store[/quote]

The demo is from Nintendo. It dosn't mean they will carry it, it just happens to be on the Demo disc (which is an official Nntendo Kiosk Disc #18)

Anyone try the $20 off preorder deal at any of the Staten Island NY stores? If so did you need the coupon.

Once again, if anyone has extra coupons please PM me for trade, they don't print them in my area.

[quote name='gizmogc'][quote name='Engineer_J'][quote name='slavefive']Can't pre-order Donkey Konga, looks like they wont' get it in stock. She lady said that they don't get games like DDR w/ the dance mats, so they probably won't get this either. Kinda sucks.

Thanks funny since I already pre-ordered it, believe the demo is in the store[/quote]

The demo is from Nintendo. It dosn't mean they will carry it, it just happens to be on the Demo disc (which is an official Nntendo Kiosk Disc #18)[/quote]

Well like I said, I already pre-ordered it and Gamerush had a number for it and all, pointed out the demo cause Nintendo is really pushing the game and thus I believe most stores will carry the game.

[quote name='jshorr']Anyone try the $20 off preorder deal at any of the Staten Island NY stores? If so did you need the coupon.

Once again, if anyone has extra coupons please PM me for trade, they don't print them in my area.[/quote]

I have yet gone to a GameRush in SI yet because I rarely go there, but I'll post what I can when I do go there.

Someone may have asked this already (thread is long) but is there a minimum on the price of the pre-ordered game? Could you get Midway Arcade Treasures (19.99) free or credit back with trade-in?

Also how far in advance does gamerush have pre-orders for? Any possibility of Metroid Prime 2, PoP 2, or even the new Zelda GC?

Has to be 49.99, some reports of gamers getting 39.99, you can usually use the trade in 1 title get $10 off a 39.99 or above title to do those pre-orders,

I think the pre-orders go far, I have already pre-ordered Metroid Prime 2 & RE 4, but they did not have Mario Tennis or Mario Party 6, doubt they have Zelda, but I think POP 2 is at 39.99 right now.

Pre-ordered titles so far
Pikimin 2
GTA: San Andres
Halo 2 LE
Fable
T3: Redemption
Second Sight
Donkey Konga
Paper Mario 2
Metroid Prime 2
& Resident Evil 4

[quote name='jshorr']Someone may have asked this already (thread is long) but is there a minimum on the price of the pre-ordered game? Could you get Midway Arcade Treasures (19.99) free or credit back with trade-in?

Also how far in advance does gamerush have pre-orders for? Any possibility of Metroid Prime 2, PoP 2, or even the new Zelda GC?[/quote]

I have Metroid Prime 2 preordered at gamerush through the deal already, I am sure you could get PoP 2 as well. The new zelda I am not so sure about, plus knowing Nintendo it will probably be late 2005 before its released and thats too long to preorder a game for me.

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='jshorr']Someone may have asked this already (thread is long) but is there a minimum on the price of the pre-ordered game? Could you get Midway Arcade Treasures (19.99) free or credit back with trade-in?

Also how far in advance does gamerush have pre-orders for? Any possibility of Metroid Prime 2, PoP 2, or even the new Zelda GC?[/quote]

I have Metroid Prime 2 preordered at gamerush through the deal already, I am sure you could get PoP 2 as well. The new zelda I am not so sure about, plus knowing Nintendo it will probably be late 2005 before its released and thats too long to preorder a game for me.[/quote]

Cool...those were just some examples, hopefully they'll have most of the titles I want down the road available. I would love metroid prime 2 for 30 - my trade in credit. I just called the staten island gamerush I go to and they said the preorder deal wasn't running, but as per someone else's post I'm hoping it starts next week.

I've preordered Metroid Prime 2 and PoP 2 (xbox), but I've yet to try anything below 39.99. The only ones that were not in their computer that I've tried to preorder is Mech Assault 2 and Conker: Live and Reloaded.

I think I'll probably be preordering Paper Mario 2 and possibly PoP 2, not sure yet, but I'll see about it. ;)

Oh, and Game Rush called me today, Pikmin 2 apparently came in today! w00t. And they said it'd come out on September 3. ;)

Time to get Pikmin 2 for 2 dollars. :D I will comment once I return.

Sorry for the double post... but...

All right, I'm back, I also went down to Gamestop to see about picking up my free Street Fighter: AC, but, they come in tomorrow, oh well. The cashiers were SO STUPID, I had to spend 10 minutes explaining the coupon, they have no idea about this promotion apparently.

Note, I didn't actually put down 5 dollars to preorder it, but, they said I did, but trust me I didn't. So I got the game, ended up costing me around 5 dollars.

NephPikmin2A.JPG
NephPikmin2B.jpg

8)

[quote name='zewone']Didn't the total say $27.05? Are you just not counting credit as paying?[/quote]

I don't count credit of paid for games as payment today, today I only spent 5, so I said the total was 5. ;)

I already long paid for those CC games, sure, officially I ended up paying 15 or so, but, hey, still a great deal.

i bought the EMG mag and mine didn't have the coupon...hoping they make this universal so i can preordrer halo2

My Gamerush just opened yesterday... (sorta) The people who work there don't really know that much, but do you think they would have gotten Pikmin 2 by now? I'm in California.

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']My Gamerush just opened yesterday... (sorta) The people who work there don't really know that much, but do you think they would have gotten Pikmin 2 by now? I'm in California.[/quote]

Call them and ask. Did you preorder?

[quote name='Mysteriouskk']Yea. I preordered[/quote]

Which games did you trade in? How much credit did you get? I'd go down there tomorrow to pick up the game, or I'd call right now or whenever you can.

bread's done
Back