GameCrazy deals - 50% more for your trades - NOW ACTIVE! May end on 07/13/07.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Mods' note:
This may be extended until 07/13/07, according to this post from Scorch, which needs confirmation that he should get later today:
[quote name='Scorch']My manager said that since the flyer says 7/13, we'll honor that. If the coupon stops working, we'll do it manually. This is probably just for my store.[/quote]

These flyers arrived today at the store, I think they're meant to be put out Monday.

THESE DEALS ARE CURRENTLY ACTIVE! SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS!

***B2G1F on all "e" (used) rated games.

***B2G1F on all (used) XBox titles.

(of course, usual "equal or less" rule applies here)

***50% more trade in credit~! This applies ONLY to 360, PS3, Wii, DS and PSP games. Basically, bring in two (and two only) of your games and receive an additional 50% in credit towards your purchase. This DOES NOT stack with MVP.

If I am reading this correctly, according to this flyer, here's some of the trade-in prices AFTER the 50%:

Guitar Hero 2 (360) - $66
Command and Conquer 3 (360) - $45

This is only if they don't lower the trade-in values in anticipation of this promotion, though. If they don't, the 50% more thing will be MASSIVE profit for the customers (especially those of you who bought Tony Hawk at Costco).

As a side note, the prices for Ant Bully (Wii), Blitz The League (X360), Happy Feet (Wii), and Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (X360) all went back up. This could be temporary, but for now, Ant Bully is 29.99/24.99, Blitz is 19.99/14.99, and both Happy Feet and Grim Adventures are 29.99/24.99. The same thing happened with Far Cry. It went down to 19.99/14.99, then back up to 49.99/44.99, then back down again to 19.99/14.99. It may be temporary and the prices may drop back down, I'll post if they do.

//edit: Also, there's one misprint in the flyer. It says Resident Evil 4 Wii is 49.99. This is not the case. It is 29.99.

COUPON CODE:

The coupon code for this deal is +CGCTC50INC

[quote name='emceelokey']Nope, $20. Trust me. I pointed out to him that if i were to buy the card I would actually lose money after the trade.

I thikb EB/GS is $15.[/quote]

They've always offered it to me at 14.99.

Edit-GC website says $20 for new and $15 for renewal.

I'm surprised Just Cause gets so much.

Scorch, if you have extra time, you could look over the list of Toys R Us drops and see if there's anything there that looks promising, trade-in value wise.

Oh, and I was told MVP was $19.99.

[quote name='Scorch']PSP

Man, they hustle you guys out west. MVP card isn't needed, there isn't even a block of that type in the system (meaning when I scan the 50% barcode, nothing will pop up that says "0mgee customer is not teh mvp no dice". A decision like that is either a district or a manager thing. I know of a manager in my district that is very strict on trade-ins, he won't even take trades sometimes unless they have an MVP card, it's ridiculous.

[/QUOTE]

Those cards are complete bullshit too. If you look at their used prices for games without the discount, they're usually like $2 higher than EB's used prices so even after using the "MVP" card you're paying the same price as a used game in EB without an EDGE card. Plus the EDGE card is $5 less and when you use it you actually save. It's obvious GC marks up their prices because why the hell would something retail for $14.87 or $56.88 and just odd prices like that. Game crazy is dead to me.

[quote name='icruise']I'm surprised Just Cause gets so much.

Scorch, if you have extra time, you could look over the list of Toys R Us drops and see if there's anything there that looks promising, trade-in value wise.

Oh, and I was told MVP was $19.99.[/quote]

I was suprised that Just Cause and Over G get around 34 in credit after 50% bump. I decided to hold on the Over G and some other games I brought becuase they were forcing new game purchase for every 2 trades but after todays incident I might go ahead and trade in what I have and then return the new games.

:ds:
Trauma Center 15.00
Ridge Racer 9.00
Mr. Driller 7.50
Brain Age 10.50
Nintendogs 12.00
Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2 19.10
Advance Wars 10.50
Meteos 10.50

:360:
Burnout 18.00
Hitman Blood Money 24.54
Kameo 15.00
Ninety Nine Knights 18.00
Far Cry 19.10

:wii:
Super Money Ball 10.50
Call of Duty 3 34.10
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam 38.18

[quote name='emceelokey']Those cards are complete bullshit too. If you look at their used prices for games without the discount, they're usually like $2 higher than EB's used prices so even after using the "MVP" card you're paying the same price as a used game in EB without an EDGE card. Plus the EDGE card is $5 less and when you use it you actually save. It's obvious GC marks up their prices because why the hell would something retail for $14.87 or $56.88 and just odd prices like that. Game crazy is dead to me.[/quote]
What the hell are you talking about? Have you even LOOKED at prices at GameCrazy? 99.9% of the time, they're CHEAPER than EB unless it's a recent drop! Nothing is "14.87".

Let's take a look..

EB-- Shadowrun used - 54.99 -- 49.99ish after Edge
GameCrazy - Shadowrun used - 49.99 -- 44.99 after MVP

EB-- lost of 19.99 games - 17.99 used (16.20 used)
GameCrazy -- lots of 19.99 games - 14.99 used (13.49 used)

And don't pretend like EB's prices aren't weird. What's 10% off 17.99? 16.20. OMG WEIRD PRICESSSS. You'd notice funky post-10% off values too if EB put them on the case.

Dunno about you, but I'd rather pay the lower price. The Edge card is shit. Maybe your GC sucks at updating prices, but GC's prices are almost always lower than EB's.. hell, the great deals are half the reason I applied for a job there!

You save huge with the MVP. I'm not saying you don't save with Edge, I'm sure you do, but even if you picked up an MVP card and a used copy of a new release game that's 44.99 after MVP, there you go, you've already saved $5 - the card cost would be 14.99 in that instance.

If you want a laundry list, cool. You can throw down a list of a few games that are cheaper if you want, because the only things that are cheaper at EB that I can think of are Urban Chaos and the XBox Live Arcade unplugged. Alright, here we go. Prices are sans-MVP/Edge value, left is EB, right is GameCrazy. Prices are for used copies

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 (XB) - 34.99 / 14.99
Star Wars Jedi Outcast (XB) - 26.99 / 7.99
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY - 12.99 / 7.99
Star Wars Battlefront 2 - 17.99 / 14.99
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB) - 59.99 / 29.99
Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2) - 17.99 / 14.99
Soul Calibur 3 (PS2) - 17.99 / 14.99
Black - 17.99 / 14.99

So please, emceelokey, please give me examples of GameCrazy's higher prices.

While I await his reply, here's the list i'm carrying tomorrow.. again, please let me know if there are more you guys want me to check:

PSP
Death Jr. 2
Me And My Katamari
Samurai Warriors
Socom 2

PS3
Tony Hawk's Project 8

DS
Elite Beat Agents
Etrian Odyssey
Final Fantasy 3
Lunar Knights
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Sonic Rush
Super Princess Peach
Viewtiful Joe
Yoshi's Island

Ha! You applied for a job there. I don't think you'll get it because you seem to know how to type, but if you do get it then you just might fit in. Also you will be dead to me because you will be one of those that try to push those cards. Seems like you're getting a head start.

[quote name='Scorch']What the hell are you talking about? Have you even LOOKED at prices at Game Crazy? 99.9% of the time, they're CHEAPER than EB unless it's a recent drop! Nothing is "14.87".

Let's take a look..

EB-- Shadowrun used - 54.99 -- 49.99ish after Edge
GameCrazy - Shadowrun used - 49.99 -- 44.99 after MVP

EB-- lost of 19.99 games - 17.99 used (16.20 used)
GameCrazy -- lots of 19.99 games - 14.99 used (13.49 used)

And don't pretend like EB's prices aren't weird. What's 10% off 17.99? 16.20. OMG WEIRD PRICESSSS. You'd notice funky post-10% off values too if EB put them on the case.

Dunno about you, but I'd rather pay the lower price. The Edge card is shit. Maybe your GC sucks at updating prices, but GC's prices are almost always lower than EB's.. hell, the great deals are half the reason I applied for a job there!

You save huge with the MVP. I'm not saying you don't save with Edge, I'm sure you do, but even if you picked up an MVP card and a used copy of a new release game that's 44.99 after MVP, there you go, you've already saved $5 - the card cost would be 14.99 in that instance.

If you want a laundry list, cool. You can throw down a list of a few games that are cheaper if you want, because the only things that are cheaper at EB that I can think of are Urban Chaos and the XBox Live Arcade unplugged. Alright, here we go. Prices are sans-MVP/Edge value, left is EB, right is GameCrazy. Prices are for used copies

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 (XB) - 34.99 / 14.99
Star Wars Jedi Outcast (XB) - 26.99 / 7.99
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY - 12.99 / 7.99
Star Wars Battlefront 2 - 17.99 / 14.99
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB) - 59.99 / 29.99
Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2) - 17.99 / 14.99
Soul Calibur 3 (PS2) - 17.99 / 14.99
Black - 17.99 / 14.99

So please, emceelokey, please give me examples of GameCrazy's higher prices.[/quote]

Scorch is absolutely correct. Gamecrazy not only has lower used game prices but they also give more trade credit excluding promos/cards than other game store.

[quote name='emceelokey']Ha! You applied for a job there. I don't think you'll get it because you seem to know how to type, but if you do get it then you just might fit in. Also you will be dead to me because you will be one of those that try to push those cards. Seems like you're getting a head start.[/quote]
..i've worked there a year. How do you think I know about these deals? Cripes. Nevermind. I'm done talking here, I can see how this one's going to be headed. You couldn't back up your point.. that's all I wanted to see, is if you could back up your statements.

it's funny though, because you're one of those customers that I can look back on and add up their account history and tell them that from the purchases they've made over the past six months, they would've easily saved $60, but all they see is the here and now, and god forbid they spend a couple extra bucks that day in order to save quite a bit of money in the future. But i'll leave you be, have fun throwing the extra money out the window :wave:

I probably could have, but I rarely have a good experience with my local Gamecrazys and it's always a pain going in there. Plus they have a bunch of GameStop rejects that I know sucked because I worked at GS along time ago and with some of those people.

For you guys that like to shop there then so be it. I have a GameCarzy, EB Games, Gamestop, Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, another K-Mart, a "game repair"(shity store run by crooked people) all within' 3 miles of my house. Service is a YMMV thing but I consistently have bad experiences at the 2 gamecrazys by my house and it's always because of them not honoring their ads and trying to push their card.

I don't shop there enough to give them the benefit of the doubt but then again my bad experiences there are why I don't shop there.

Scorch, there's not much need to check the following, as people reported prices for these in the last day or two and I have put them in the wiki:

Elite Beat Agents - MVP price $16.50 reported by mutliple people the last 2 days
Final Fantasy 3 - MVP price $18
Sonic Rush - MVP price $7.70

There's also prices for both Pheonix Wright games but since the poster of those seemed a bit confused between the 2 I suppose it's worth checking them out again.

Seriously, people need to look in the wiki before bugging you for prices. We need NEW stuff for the wiki, not updates from prices posted 6/23/07 ;).

[quote name='emceelokey']I probably could have, but I rarely have a good experience with my local Gamecrazys and it's always a pain going in there. Plus they have a bunch of GameStop rejects that I know sucked because I worked at GS along time ago and with some of those people.

For you guys that like to shop there then so be it. I have a GameCarzy, EB Games, Gamestop, Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, another K-Mart, a "game repair"(shity store run by crooked people) all within' 3 miles of my house. Service is a YMMV thing but I consistently have bad experiences at the 2 gamecrazys by my house and it's always because of them not honoring their ads and trying to push their card.

I don't shop there enough to give them the benefit of the doubt but then again my bad experiences there are why I don't shop there.[/quote]
I still don't understand why you don't take the plunge. You complain complain complain about it.. yet.. 14.99/13.49 vs. 17.99/16.20.. three dollar difference.. not to mention you actually get a CHOICE of a magazine subscription AND free disc buffing. The card's not worth it if you buy one or two games a year, but you're on a cheap ass site.. how do NOT like to save money? I'm sorry that you have bad experiences.. but why would you rather pay $5 less for a discount card but $3 more every time you buy a game versus paying $5 more for a discount card and saving $3 every time you buy a game? It just doesn't make sense to me.

It's not that I'm trying to "push" the card. It's a good deal. The thing sells itself.

io, Phoenix Wright is $10 and PW: JFA is about $16.20. I think I'll print off the entire wiki page and update it.

GameCrazy's prices are often better on used, but they're pretty damn resistant to price drops. I recall many games spending weeks or even a month on old prices before giving in to the universal price drops, when I worked there. Their stock on new games isn't so hot either, since they're a smaller chain, and I do think they're a higher-hassle store than EBstop. Their POS is truely a POS, slow and cumbersome for employees and customers.

Buying something in one of their stores rarely takes less than a half hour, between finding the case in the mess of wire racks, and buffing a scratched disc (that I'd argue they shouldn't have taken in the first place) and fumbling with the POS, and fumbling with payment methods, and hearing sales pitches.

Add that to the small store size I mentioned before and the high stock of ex-rentals from hollywood (they might not do this as often anymore, but it was common to get stacks of old rentals from hollywood to sell when I worked there.

Apparently, he would rather not deal with those people at those particular stores. Some people will pay more not to deal with asshole employees. For all I know, the employees at my local GC could be assholes too, but I will not find out until tomorrow when I take my trades in. I can't imagine they are any worse than the local Gamestop crew.

Thanks Scorch. Have about $150 in credit thanks to your early notice.

I was interested in SW: Lethal Alliance (DS). Shows $18 but was wondering if that's current (from Jan 15th).

IO has been updating the Wiki (thanks to you too) so you'll just need to update the ones that are more than a couple months old.

[quote name='jer7583']GameCrazy's prices are often better on used, but they're pretty damn resistant to price drops. I recall many games spending weeks or even a month on old prices before giving in to the universal price drops, when I worked there. Their stock on new games isn't so hot either, since they're a smaller chain, and I do think they're a higher-hassle store than EBstop. Their POS is truely a POS, slow and cumbersome for employees and customers.

Buying something in one of their stores rarely takes less than a half hour, between finding the case in the mess of wire racks, and buffing a scratched disc (that I'd argue they shouldn't have taken in the first place) and fumbling with the POS, and fumbling with payment methods, and hearing sales pitches.

Add that to the small store size I mentioned before and the high stock of ex-rentals from hollywood (they might not do this as often anymore, but it was common to get stacks of old rentals from hollywood to sell when I worked there.[/quote]
Ah, Sunday. The day of the rental transfers..

I've never had a problem with payments, but jeez, that POS. I had someone trading in a Wii, Cube, XBox, PS2, and a shitton of games last weekend.. got it all done.. went to scan the 360's serial.. system locked up :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb: had a line out the door! It sucked. I opened a second register and ran both at once because i'm cool like that :cool: but no seriously, i'd love a new system to run off of.

I was interested in SW: Lethal Alliance (DS). Shows $18 but was wondering if that's current (from Jan 15th).

Trading it in? It resells for 14.99 new, so expect anywhere from 5.50 to 7.25

I wish there was a way I could post from work.

Wait.. didn't they just release a new DS web browser? And we have a used DS Lite.. I wonder . . . . . .

[quote name='rxdoga']
I decide that after reading reviews I didn't want Mario Party8 and Wii remote. So I go to a store closer to where I live to return those items and they apply $97.26 back to my Mastercard even after I told them I used credit for part of the transaction.[/QUOTE]

WAIT! They took a return at another store?? I thought that was strictly forbidden at Gamecrazy - so I've been told before anyway (and I mentioned it here earlier and no one said anything to the contrary). If that's the case I may return the Puzzle Quest I bought yesterday because slidecage's info was wrong (;)) and it only trades for $10 or $12 before promo (exact quote was "$12, no $10").

Hell, I've had a hard time returning stuff to the store I bought it at - they tried to give me the amount minus the trade credit I used to buy it. They thought I was ripping them off - I bought a new game for $29.99 and returned it expecting $29.99. Because I traded in a $7 game when I bought it the guy (an assistant manager) thought I should only get $23 back and he'd get in trouble for giving me $30. But when I said no way was that right he threw $30 at me and said "Hooray for losing money". WTF?? I didn't get the original game I traded in back or anything :rofl:. (And I hadn't asked for cash back since I used trade credit but when he threw the money at me I took it). Anyway, as a result I really try to avoid returning stuff there!

I'm telling you, we have some wacky GC employees out here. I'll be detailing tonight's experience in a bit (it was more positive but wacky nonetheless). Scorch, can I convince you to move out west and take over my local store?

My store is pretty weird about returns as well. Last time I returned a defective disk, they refused to return it unless I had the disk buffered again. I pressed that I didn't want to deal with all that if it ended up being busted and wanted my money back if they didn't have another copy to replace it. So what does he do? He says he is refunding me but tries to slip it by as a trade in instead of a return. I almost blew up!

Apparently since I refused to have the disk buffered again he wasn't going to refund the full price. I must have looked angry or something because he finally backed down and refunded me. Funny enough he screwed up again and refunded me for a new game instead of used. So an extra $4.00 or so for my trouble I suppose. They must really drill these guys about returns or something. They act like I am taking it out of their paycheck

[quote name='Scorch']
io, Phoenix Wright is $10 and PW: JFA is about $16.20. I think I'll print off the entire wiki page and update it.[/QUOTE]

Had I known you'd do that I wouldn't have wasted all this time ;). But that's cool if you do a thorough update (you can even email me a scan or something and I'll enter prices - just PM if interested).

As for the MVP, mine has paid for itself many times over, so I definitely think it is worth it. It remains to be seen if my Edge renewal in April will pay for itself. So far all I've used it for is a couple copies of Arcade Unplugged for trading to GC ;).

OK, my experience from tonight: I went to a GC kind of out far - near a Best Buy that I wanted to try before the GamePro coupon expired. All I found at the Best Buy was Gunpey - was hoping for Astonishia, oh well... I did, however, get CC to accept a GamePro coupon to get Bust-A-Move for $5.

This is the GC I went to a few weeks back and related in some other GC thread here on CAG. Back then it was 8:30 and they closed at 9 and the guy had 5 people in line and kept BSing with his friend the whole time. When he would finally go to the register he'd make mistake after mistake and it took forever (which when combined with the bad POS as detailed by Scorch meant much frustration all around). All I was doing then was trading ONE game in. So fast forward to tonight. I called beforehand and someone else answered - someone who has been more competant in the past. By the time I get in there though, the other guy is there and working, yet again, by himself (every other GC I go to has 2-3 employees at nearly all times it seems - but not the store with Mr Slow in it :roll:).

After he finished ringing up the 2 people in front of me (which, as expected took a long time even though he had no friend to talk to this time), I approached him with my 9 games and asked about the deal. Lo and behold, he had never heard of it. I show him the flier and he then tries calling someone else, who of course is not home - so he leaves a message with someone to find the guy and call him back. In the meantime I mention that when I did this at another store they had to look through a stack of faxes sitting behind the counter (and I see the same type of stack here). He glances at the first page and then does something else for a while. Finally he looks through some more pages and finds the bar code just as the other guy calls back. FORTUNATELY he tells the guy he figured it out (because that guy was likely to make the deal strict like all the other stores around here). He then proceeds to scan all the games and the barcode and is amazed at all the prices I'm getting. He says he's going to trade stuff in using it himself. When he's done I ask if I can get it on a card and he says that's fine. I walk out with all my credit AND NO NEED TO BUY A DAMN THING. So while the guy caused me some trouble last time he was a blessing this time. I was all prepared to buy one thing (for the 9 games I traded in) but even better that I didn't have to! Had I been required to buy something for every 2 I would have just traded 2 of the 9 games since the others were barely worth it as it was (and not so at all if I had to buy something I didn't want).

I didn't discover any blockbuster trade-ins (unless you consider a base of $5 for PSP Virtua Tennis to be a great deal ;)) - in any case, I'll update what I did in the Wiki (along with all the other trades to this point in the thread).

To be fair, there are a few instances where EBgames beats out Gamecrazy-- mainly in the older games for last gen. I've seen a price items cheaper at EBgames, so don't rule them out completely. Shop around.
But yeah, most of the time? Gamecrazy's got the best deal.

without this deal gamecrazy pays less for new games than gamerush so lets look at it like this if you realy have to buy a game ontop of the deal your not getting a great deal everytime.

Depends on what your trading so I think some of you going wild and taking games for far less than what there worth should think again.

[quote name='Skelah']without this deal gamecrazy pays less for new games than gamerush so lets look at it like this if you realy have to buy a game ontop of the deal your not getting a great deal everytime.

Depends on what your trading so I think some of you going wild and taking games for far less than what there worth should think again.[/QUOTE]

Well, let's not bring GR into this ;). They are even more limited geographically than GC is. And even when I had access to one (mine shut down) it was becoming less and less dependable. I can count on GC getting games like Odin Sphere and Etrian Odyssey, and getting most games on time. At GR they'd never know what they were getting until it came in - which was anywhere from 3 days to multiple weeks late. They'd have something on order for months in advance and still not get it in. Other things they wouldn't even have on order even though I preordered them months before.

But granted, when GR was more in its prime (a year ago or so when they still had good trade-in deals ON TOP of their regular good trade-in prices) I almost never went to the nearby GC. But GR's trade prices have come down since then anyway and there are TONS of examples where GC beats them out by quite a bit on trade values (see Arcade Unplugged for one ;)). Probably on average GR is higher, but for any given game you can never be sure (unlike EB/GS where 95% of games will get more at GC than there).

And yeah, there were several PSP games I traded tonight that I wouldn't have bothered with if I had to buy a bunch of new games at the same time. But that's why I went to a 4th GC today - I had a chance at getting a break like most others here have gotten. It ended up being very worthwhile ($130 or so in credit with no purchase required).

I traded in:
Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (360)
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (360)
Saints Row (360)
NHL 07 (360)
NBA 2k7 (360)
Tony Hawk Project 8 (PS3)
MLB The Show (PS2)
Harvest Moon (DS)
New Super Mario Bros. (DS)

I got around $218 credit for all that. They wouldn't take Crackdown because she said they had like 5 used copies already thanks to the Halo fanboys trading them in.

I only had to buy one game total, not one game per pair of games. The girl there kept telling me how I was getting the MVP membership for free, and of course they charged $20 so technically it was free I guess,

Then she starts harping on about pre-orders, so I threw down $5 each on Mass Effect and GTA IV. I did get a rent one get one free coupon for each reserve so that was cool.

But yeah, sports games were excluded, and Tonly Hawk Project 8 got me about $48.

Anyone know the trade-in value for:

Virtua Tennis 3
Dance Dance Revolution Universe (360)
DOA Extreme 2

EDIT: Nevermind, I see them in the Wiki.

I just got back from CC and GC. I picked up two copies of Virtua Tennis 3 and DOAX2 for $16.96 each to flip at GC. However, both titles were labeled sports titles, so I didn't get the 50% bump. That sucked. D:

Still, I got a ~$50 profit after the 10% MVP, so I'm now slightly over $800 in gift cards after using some credit on DiRT, Forza 2, the MVP card, and a used copy of Armored Core 4. Now I just have to wait for stuff to come out that I want. :)

EDIT: I just realized the guy didn't make me buy any games this time. That's pretty cool of him.

EDIT: Also, I checked the in-store flyer on Super Monkey Ball BB. It wasn't in there, so I had to keep the $10.50 in credit I got for it.

Scorch: A guy almost started a fight with me in the store when he was brining in a ton of crap with his son (seriously like 75-100 N64-NES crappy games. First I only offered him around $100 with the systems, but he took it anyway, and then learned it was only store credit, getting even more pissed, and then the system crashed because the transaction was too numerous. (before we had ever done one of this size at this store, mind you) After all that the system lost track of his credit, but did enter the games into inventory, all on a busy saturday afternoon.. UGH.

[quote name='rxdoga']Trades after 50%
Cube-Ultimate Spider man 6.99 (MVP 10% only)
Cube-Odama 16.50(MVP 10% only)
DS-Meteos 10.50
DS-Mr. Driller 7.50
X360-Just Cause 34.10
X360-Live Arcade 2x 27.27
PSP-Armored Core 21.00
Total=151.13

Forced to buy new games to get 50%(3 seperate transactions). What I got.
Odin Sphere
Resident Evil 4 Wii
Wii component cables
Wii remote
Mario Party 8
Tekken5 Bundle(arcade stick)
Out of pocket after credits=$64

I decide that after reading reviews I didn't want Mario Party8 and Wii remote. So I go to a store closer to where I live to return those items and they apply $97.26 back to my Mastercard even after I told them I used credit for part of the transaction.[/quote]

I was wondering what would happen if I took back the game that I was forced to buy, so do you think they will just credit the price back to me ?

[quote name='Vendetta']I just got back from CC and GC. I picked up two copies of Virtua Tennis 3 and DOAX2 for $16.96 each to flip at GC. However, both titles were labeled sports titles, so I didn't get the 50% bump. That sucked. D:

Still, I got a ~$50 profit after the 10% MVP, so I'm now slightly over $800 in gift cards after using some credit on DiRT, Forza 2, the MVP card, and a used copy of Armored Core 4. Now I just have to wait for stuff to come out that I want. :)

EDIT: I just realized the guy didn't make me buy any games this time. That's pretty cool of him.[/QUOTE]
I just got back from trading in DOAX2 and Virtua Tennis, and I did get the bonus. Got $45 for Virtua Tennis and $37.50 for DOAX2. However, I was told that they had screwed up before and that we were supposed to be buying 1 new game for every 2 we trade in. So I bought Dungeon Maker for the PSP and left the rest of the $82.50 I got as credit.

[quote name='icruise']I just got back from trading in DOAX2 and Virtua Tennis, and I did get the bonus. Got $45 for Virtua Tennis and $37.50 for DOAX2. However, I was told that they had screwed up before and that we were supposed to be buying 1 new game for every 2 we trade in. So I bought Dungeon Maker for the PSP and left the rest of the $82.50 I got as credit.[/QUOTE]

Bah! Oh well. At least I wasn't forced to buy anything this time.

Wait, what Virtua Tennis 3 is $16.96 at CC? Damn, I was just there last night too! I want that game to play!

Any ideas for cheap new games I can do? Other than Outrun, I unfortunately picked that up at EBgames.
EDIT: It's the 24th and I bought it on the 26th. Oh shit, I can return it.

[quote name='CaoPi']so they're forcing people to spend to credit instantly now? bummer...[/QUOTE]
I don't think anyone has been forced to use all of their credit on the spot. You just have to buy a game with part of it.

One time only deal as many pairs as I wanted for store credit. No purchase necessary.

$27.49 for Tony Hawk's Project 8 (360) +50% = 41.24 (paid $20 originally)
$12.73 for Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2 (DS) +50%= 19.10 (paid$12 originally)

Also for the CAGwiki but not valid for 50% deal because it wasn't on the flyer:

GBA-Metroid Classic $3 (comes with fusion anyway)
Xbox- Jade Empire $5
Xbox-Hulk Ultimate Destruction $7 (paid $6.70 originally)

For a net total of $79.34. I'm going to go back and look for a used Guitar Hero II combo for $75 after the sale is finished.

going by memory other games I got trade in values for but decided not to trade were:

Dead Rising $16.xx
Splinter Cell DA ~$5 I think?
Burnout $12.xx

DS
Dragonquest Rocket Slime $8.xx

Xbox
Max Payne 2 $1
Ninja Gaiden $1
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory $5

Thanks OP! Great post!

Well, I met a fellow gamer when I went into GC this morning. He was very cool and did what I thought. I traded in 6 games and I only had to buy one new game which was Outrun but he let me return Outrun to receive the credit back. Only thing he pushed selling the MVP Card but after seeing what I will be able to get with the credit that I am about to get I went on and got it.

Here is what I traded in: (No surprises because most these have been reported already) All are for the Xbox 360. Price after 50%

Test Drive Unlimited $18.00
The Godfather $21.38
Blitz: The League $10.50
F.E.A.R. $34.10
Lego Star Wars $10.13
Quake 4 $12.00

I ended up with $105 in credit and bought Resident Evil 4 Wii, put down $11 on Beautiful Katamari Wii for my girlfriend who was with me (was the credit I got back for Outrun), and the MVP Card now I have like $43 left on a GC.

Quick question: How much credit can you put on a GC at Game Crazy and can you add to the credit on an existing GC? I know the limit at Gamerush/Blockbuster is $500 .

Quick question, when I asked how long the credit for my trade-in lasts, he said 6 months. I had the credit put on a gift card. Does the time limit still apply?

Traded in Saint's Row-$13.80 (not great, but i won't touch it after GTA4)
Vice City Stories PSP- $18.00 (same as I paid, again, GTA4 destroys everything)
Gunpey PSP-$13.50 ($5 Best Buy)
Harvest Moon DS-($5 Best Buy)

I got SimCity DS and $30 credit down on Bioshock. GameCrazy didn't have Brothers in Arms DS, and their game prices suck. It's hard to find anything to use the credit on..

[quote name='kobeisgod']Quick question, when I asked how long the credit for my trade-in lasts, he said 6 months. I had the credit put on a gift card. Does the time limit still apply?[/QUOTE]

I asked the manager the same thing and they say that the receipt says 6 months but it can be in the system longer than that. They don't delete or use the credit just because it has gone over 6 months.

Scorch has also said he's seen credit kept much longer than that. I guess it YMMV?

A few questions about GC credit in general (attn scorch lol):

If I trade a few to one store and a few to another store, will they give me credit on a gift card that I can use at any store?

Also, can I return the game I bought at a different store? Thanks.

Hey Scorch I was wondering how much Burnout (burnout 3) for PSP traded in?

Anyone know these prices? Was going to use a 15% extra trade in coupon to bump up some credit on crappy old games to go along with this sale.

XBOX
SSX On Tour
Oddworld Strangers Wrath (wiki is old on this one)

PS2
Gran Turismo 4

I was also able to get in on one of my PSP basketball games on the sale, NBA, or whatever it's called. It's a pretty crappy game.

Dead or alive xtreme 2 $37.50
just cause $34.10
Virtua tennis 3 $45.00 :hot:

Prices are after the 50%. I was pretty surprised on virtua tennis. Despite all these trade in promotions my store still has a pretty piss poor selection. With classic plastic trades not being accepted anymore I am finding less and less reasons to stop in

[quote name='Gara']Dead or alive xtreme 2 $37.50
just cause $34.10
Virtua tennis 3 $45.00 :hot:

Prices are after the 50%. I was pretty surprised on virtua tennis. Despite all these trade in promotions my store still has a pretty piss poor selection. With classic plastic trades not being accepted anymore I am finding less and less reasons to stop in[/QUOTE]

man i need to hit up some CC tomorrow

love to pick up 2 Tennis and 2 dead or alive

little over 160 bucks credit for 65 bucks.... Pick up some nice ds games for 30 a pop

5 games that woul be like getting then for 13 bucks each... Great way to preorder some nice rpgs games dirt cheap

Even at 40 buck PSP games 4 games for 65 would be 18 buck each

got to wait and see....

still thinking about dumping off Puzzle quest DS and sims 2 pets DS and maybe oddesy ds

Not sure if this has been metioned, but is there anyway to maybe buy a new system with the trade 2 games in? Or does this only work with games.

Depends somewhat on how your store is handling the deal. If they are making you buy a new game for every 2 games you trade in, you'd have to trade in a lot of stuff to get enough extra credit for a console. But the extra credit you get should be usable for anything in the store.

I've got a question maybe one of you GC employees can answer for me. The Hollywood Video and Game Crazy in my area moved across town because of highway expansion. Well somewhere along the way they desided not to carry the Game Crazy with them, its no longer in buisness. What is going to happen to all the merchandise, will the hollywood video sale it in their store when it reopens or will it all go back to corporate???

WITH the 50%:
Samurai Warriors PSP- $9:cry:
Me & My Katamari- $10.13
Tony Hawk P8 PS3- $47.73:hot: (got it for $10)
Sonic Rush- $10.50
Final Fantasy III- $24.54 :) (got it for $20)
Lunar Knights- $21.83

i bought:
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Lumines II

still have $48 left

AWESOME deal.:D

Scorch or others that have traded often with Game Crazy:
Does Game Crazy require games to be complete? I found a Nintendogs cart on the ground a while ago - the game works fine, although it looks pretty beat up. Of course I don't have a box or manual. Will GC take it in? Do they give less value for incomplete games?

bread's done
Back