GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Enslaved doesn't have a good story, nor does it have good characterization. The only positive it has is facial motion capture and decent voice acting. Oftentimes, people confuse that for good writing and solid story.

The story is a new take on Journey to the West, a well known legend, so the plot device was already established... not something unique to this game. The characters have no consistency in their own motivations, drives, and archetypes.

I like stories in my games, but not desperately pretentious ones that make little sense and throw in nonsense twists just because they think that it'll wow an audience.

[quote name='iwannadie']That's what I was thinking too. I bet if it had some sort of death match mode more people would have liked it.[/QUOTE]

Ninja theory should have put kill streaks, kill to death ratio and the bloody screen effect in enslaved lol

[quote name='GuardianE']Enslaved doesn't have a good story, nor does it have good characterization. The only positive it has is facial motion capture and decent voice acting. Oftentimes, people confuse that for good writing and solid story.

The story is a new take on Journey to the West, a well known legend, so the plot device was already established... not something unique to this game. The characters have no consistency in their own motivations, drives, and archetypes.

I like stories in my games, but not desperately pretentious ones that make little sense and throw in nonsense twists just because they think that it'll wow an audience.[/QUOTE]

Just looking at the game reminds me of Ninja Theory's earlier work in Heavenly Sword. The girl reminds me of Nariko and the protagonist reminds me of Andy Serkis (which it is for motion capture). The gameplay is not far off either. The game is good 8 or 9 hour long campaign from what I hear and seems like a nice distraction but nothing fancy in terms of story / character development.

[quote name='Stimes']:cry:Darn, my pre-paid visa card from Best Buy won't work on the GF site.[/QUOTE]

You can register the card @ the website provided on the back of your visa and, for some reason certain online merchants wont accept the visa's unless they are registered.

[quote name='crunchewy']I guess it depends on your tolerance for video game stories. Mine isn't so high, so what's left is repetitive and dull gameplay. I got it cheap a while back, played partway through and traded into amazon for a small profit, so I was fine with it. :) In short, if you like video game stories you might like Enslaved. If you don't, you won't like Enslaved.[/QUOTE]

This is a fair statement. I mean, the story isn't going to win any awards and I finished this game barely 2 months ago and I don't really remember what it was about but I do remember enjoying it for what it was.

Pick it up on the cheap and then play it in the summer when there aren't too many big releases sucking up your time.

[quote name='Stimes']:cry:Darn, my pre-paid visa card from Best Buy won't work on the GF site.[/QUOTE]

You have to go online and register the prepaid card before you can make online purchases.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Ninja theory should have put kill streaks, kill to death ratio and the bloody screen effect in enslaved lol[/QUOTE]

Totally and called it modern call to enslaved duty: journey to the bullet-stormed stricken far west, turbo.

[quote name='Investor']No![/QUOTE]

Was there a need for the exclamation mark? Anyways, does anybody know when the next deal will be?

[quote name='goku31389']Was there a need for the exclamation mark? Anyways, does anybody know when the next deal will be?[/QUOTE]
Wednesday!

[quote name='goku31389']Was there a need for the exclamation mark? Anyways, does anybody know when the next deal will be?[/QUOTE]

Cheapy said Wednesday

[quote name='iwannadie']From my experience, they just cancel your order. They don't seem able to modify existing orders, I could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

I was lucky. I chatted with someone online this morning and they split the order then cancelled Mafia 2. I am SOOOOO glad I figured that one out last night, else I would have been really pissed when I got it.

[quote name='wrencrest']I like Enslaved...until it ended horribly with some nonsense bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Dont remind me about that horrible ending. this is the ending in a nutshell:

Trip: alright father i did it

Monkey: sooo now what trip ?

Great job ninja theory !

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strait edge follower']Dont remind me about that horrible ending. this is the ending in a nutshell:

Great job ninja theory ![/QUOTE]

Come on now, spoiler tag that!

Anyone not receive their spiderman yet? I never got mine (but i got the hot pursuit yesterday) Gamefly refunded my money but i'm a little dissapointed i didn't get it.

[quote name='Play3rtwo']Anyone not receive their spiderman yet? I never got mine (but i got the hot pursuit yesterday) Gamefly refunded my money but i'm a little dissapointed i didn't get it.[/QUOTE]

Why would you get a refund and the game? Is there something to your story I'm missing here? I got my Spidey 3 days after ordering it to answer your original question.

Just read on the Homepage that we aren't getting anymore deals until tomorrow just to make sure what was said in the thread was accurate -.-
Take my money GameFly! Please! I love you're deals! You're one of the few to bring joy to my wallet and me at the same time because I finally get to play so many games I've been missing out on.

[quote name='Play3rtwo']Anyone not receive their spiderman yet? I never got mine (but i got the hot pursuit yesterday) Gamefly refunded my money but i'm a little dissapointed i didn't get it.[/QUOTE]

I never got mine either. They issued me a refund. I think it's better to order more than one game at a time (assuming TIV allows you to break even) cuz they ship it priority and with a tracking number, then just trade in that second copy.

I did that with Brink and glad I did cuz one of the copies was cracked and my Xbox could not read it at all.

[quote name='darthmalice777']Why would you get a refund and the game? Is there something to your story I'm missing here?[/QUOTE]

He meant he would've rather received the game and paid for it, than not have received it and gotten the refund.

[quote name='darthmalice777']Why would you get a refund and the game? Is there something to your story I'm missing here?[/QUOTE]

I had a shipping problem with amazon one time, I got a full refund and the merchandise. I contacted them about it and they were happy to tell me due to the shipping mix up I may keep the items and the refund had already been issued and wouldn't be taken back.

Ordered mine on the 25th, shipped on the 26th and didn't received it until this past Saturday.

[quote name='Coltin']I received my copy of Singularity today. Still no Homefront, lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PR Mega X']Yeah, they do refunds only, no exchange. They said as much to me after a recent run-in with a damaged disc. On the plus side, the return/refund process could not have been easier: they sent a refund before I had even gotten the game packed up for return, and e-mailed me a pre-paid FedEx label.[/QUOTE]

Patience is all I needed - got the e-mail with a return label this afternoon. If I was more motivated I could probably find a better deal than just straight returning it, but my conscience won't let me. I find small victory in that I even got a game, when I read of others whose orders were just unceremoniously canceled. I'll temper my expectations in future GameFly deals. Great value when it works, but the low cost/used/non-primary business model has its dark side. I may take someone's suggestion to buy two, cross your fingers and trade one!

The shipping is a LOT slower this time around. Bought DR2 the day it went up and it still isn't here, which is odd considering I usually get the games two days after I order.

Finally bit on Enslaved. Have been contemplating since last night on whether to get it. Can't wait to see what comes up next!

Alan Wake for $8 would be nice ;) Make it happen Cheapy!

Might just jump on the GoD Version for around $6 on Amazon... but would rather have a physical copy.

[quote name='unclenebber']Who doesn't like stories in their games? No wonder we get the same fps garbage month after month.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with you except that the story and characters in Enslaved are completely generic and worse then a bad B movie, and not as funny either. Which to be fair, is par for the course with video games.

It took forever but I finally got my Spiderman last night. Tried playing it today and the disc would not ready the first couple of times, but cleaned it and works great...for now.

This has been the first time that I have ever had a problem with one of their games right out the case, but it did take way too long. Every other game normally takes two or three days tops, but this one was close to two weeks i believe.

Had to return my 360 copy of spiderman since my xbox wouldn't read it. Just got Dead Space 2 and Red Faction Armageddon today -- they both look pretty beat up, but I haven't tried playing them yet. I've bought probably a dozen games off of gamefly in the past and these past 3 have been the worst I've seen. Kind of disappointed.

I have yet to receive my order for Bulletstorm that shipped on 9/21/11. I just gave up and sent GF an e-mail. It sucks that I"m missing out on Bulletstorm yet again (Best Buy).

Got DR2 and Singularity yesterday and the discs were pretty roughed up. Hopefully they play, though I doubt GS or BB would even accept them for trade without a refurb fee.

im sorry you guys are having problems with gamefly games/shipping, iv had excellent service/shipping. now gohastings on the other hand has messed up and not shipped/still charged me twice now. calling to get refund, ugh. when they see the game and item quantity x2, that means i ordered 2, put 2 in the fucking package. how hard is that gohastings? sorry /end rage

The only games I ordered so far for these sales are Spiderman and Homefront for 360. Spiderman came in only a few days, but Homefront came a week later.

I almost bit on a few others.

[quote name='mr mellow']You can register the card @ the website provided on the back of your visa and, for some reason certain online merchants wont accept the visa's unless they are registered.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sgr76']You have to go online and register the prepaid card before you can make online purchases.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I wish I knew that a few days ago, oh well hopefully some more good deals will be up soon.

[quote name='bardockkun']Wednesday![/QUOTE]

Lmao!... I just want you to know that, I hate you lol

[quote name='Jcole432']Cheapy said Wednesday[/QUOTE]

good stuff

Thanks guys

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Received Bulletstorm in the mail today. They sent the Limited Edition version too! Wait... was there a regular PS3 version and a Limited Edition?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the differences were minimal. The LE gave you a different color leash and a shotgun and started multiplayer level at 5. Not a big difference at all.

Got me Red Faction tonight. It was pristine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back