Gamerang.com - 30-Days Free Promotion

RandyTsai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
126 (100%)
www.gamerang.com
Promo Code - Games

Found this looking at one of my student's Scholastic Magazine.

Special Scholastic 30-Days Free Promotion!

Your first month is Free, and $14.95 therafter per month until cancellation or membership upgrade. 1 game out at a time.

This offer is valid for first time users. Offer cannot be combined with other promotional offers or Free 10-Day Trial.

Other Pricing Plans

Individual Member $14.95 1 game out at a time
2nd Member $19.95 2 games out at a time
3rd Member $27.90 3 games out at a time
4th Member $35.85 4 games out at a time
Add'l members of 5 or more $7.95 Add'l 4-10

UPDATE: Just FYI, the word on gamerang.com is that their shipping and processing is a bit slow.

Anyone knows if this site or any other site ships to P.O. Boxes .. it's hard living with shitty room mates.

distributions centers in New Jersey and California. That means It would take a couple days to get to Texas eh? Thats about as far away from the coasts as you can get. But with a whole month to try it, might as well.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']distributions centers in New Jersey and California. That means It would take a couple days to get to Texas eh? Thats about as far away from the coasts as you can get. But with a whole month to try it, might as well.[/quote]

yea. I'm in texas as well. Oh well, I'll give it a shot for free.

I used these guys during the summer, and I have nothing but good things to say about them. They are the only game rental service that delivers under 2 days on the east coast. They have a large supply of games. They were a bit slow on processing games they just got (A game I sent back would take 2 days to get there, 1 day to process, but the games I recieved from them only took 2 days to get to me). I stop using them since this fall/winter I knew exactly what games I wanted and which to keep.

I would rate them an 8.5 from a New York location.

Where do you put the code in? NEVERMIND...duh

Can you cancel online? NEVERMIND...it appears that you can.

I signed up for a month....even if I only get 2 or 3 games...it's worth it for free. I will probably not keep it though, but free is nice.

Thanks OP

I'll let you know about the turnaround on this also. I live in Michigan, just signed up today and they just shipped out my first game, ROCKY LEGENDS (my 2nd choice, since FIFA 2005 was Short Wait). It said to expect it Nov.1st, which is a Monday....so who knows, with the weekend it may take longer....hopefully it comes sooner. Oh well, it's a month of free rentals at least ;)

[quote name='doubledown']Where do you put the code in? NEVERMIND...duh

Can you cancel online? NEVERMIND...it appears that you can.

I signed up for a month....even if I only get 2 or 3 games...it's worth it for free. I will probably not keep it though, but free is nice.

Thanks OP[/quote]

Yah, im probably going go cancel it after the free trial. Im just hoping to try out a few games that i would never buy and this is perfect for it. I'll let you guys know where they are shipping from in California when i get my first game and what the turn around is.

Thanks for the post. I signed up for GTA: San Andreas and they actually had it in stock. Definitely worth signing up for the 30 day free trial.

this is a great time since there are too many games that I am waiting for a drop in price. Might get the new TMNT2 just to play the original arcade version. ah the memories...

anyone other good games I should check out?

Bard's Tale is a good romp (only if you play the bad persona version). They appear to offer a nice selection...I'm gonna look for more obscure, sleeper hit titles.

Yeah, the selection seems REALLY good. Most of them are in-stock, although the game I really wanted to try was a aShort Wait (FIFA2005)

But they do have all the new releases and whatnot....pretty good. We;ll see when I get it

Im not happy with their service... The availability of their games is not accurate... it's so frustrating... It's says "NOW AVAILABLE" but the game is not really available... I hate it.

If you wanted to pay for an online game rental service, I would go with gamefly.com without a doubt. I only listed this promo because you get 30 days for free, so I can't really complain. But it has been 2 1/2 days since i registered and they still haven't sent out my game.

My debit card has an authorization for $14.95 even though I signed up for the free trial. Does gamerang retract this at some point? I'll email them and post here.

[quote name='scf038']My debit card has an authorization for $14.95 even though I signed up for the free trial. Does gamerang retract this at some point? I'll email them and post here.[/quote]

This happens all the time when you sign up for free trails. They usually only charge a $1 thou just to see if the card is valid. When you cancel you will get your credit back. Nothing to worry about. If they don't credit your card back after you cancel. Just call your credit card company and they will give you the credit. FYI credit card companies will always give your credit back if you complain. They rather loss $100 then lose you as a customer. I made at least 10 complaints the last year and received credit for all of them even if i was in the wrong.

"Just call your credit card company and they will give you the credit"

That may be true of CC but I used a debit card that withdraws from my checking account. I've gone to my bank with issues like this before and they usually just tell be to call the company. They don't want to be bothered with it.

[quote name='scf038']"Just call your credit card company and they will give you the credit"

That may be true of CC but I used a debit card that withdraws from my checking account. I've gone to my bank with issues like this before and they usually just tell be to call the company. They don't want to be bothered with it.[/quote]

I suggest you use your credit card for all online purchases. But don't worry, everything will be alright.

I just received an email confirmation that my game has shipped and should be arriving Monday. I guess they are monitoring this forum.

[quote name='scf038']"Just call your credit card company and they will give you the credit"

That may be true of CC but I used a debit card that withdraws from my checking account. I've gone to my bank with issues like this before and they usually just tell be to call the company. They don't want to be bothered with it.[/quote]

I noticed my (debit) card was authorized for the monthly amount of $14.95 also. Same thing happened with the Wal-Mart DVD rentals a few months ago. They remove it after a few days. I don't recall them holding it for the entire trial period. My billing date is the 28th of Nov. unless I cancel.

FYI, signed up yesterday afternoon and my 1st game shipped today.

Thanks RandyTsai, I'm going to try this out. This is going to be my first time renting games online, so I hope it goes well.

Update: My check card has an authorized charge of $16.11, not the $14.95 everyone else is getting. Does this mean I only got the 10 Day free trial?

The Gamerang in California ships from Santa Ana just like Blockbuster. It took one day to receive the game and im located in Walnut, some 20 min away.

[quote name='Si1veR']Thanks RandyTsai, I'm going to try this out. This is going to be my first time renting games online, so I hope it goes well.

Update: My check card has an authorized charge of $16.11, not the $14.95 everyone else is getting. Does this mean I only got the 10 Day free trial?[/quote]

if you look in your account info it should tell you what day your next billing cycle starts, i signed up yesterday and it said my billing cycle starts on november 29th

anyone know if they still give you the service for the full month even if you cancel within a few days? I know blockbuster lets you keep the trial for the whole 2 weeks even if you cancel the next day after signing up.

also, anyone know when this promotion ends? I'd prefer to have it when I am on winter break and there are more games to play.

[quote name='Milkyman'][quote name='Si1veR']Thanks RandyTsai, I'm going to try this out. This is going to be my first time renting games online, so I hope it goes well.

Update: My check card has an authorized charge of $16.11, not the $14.95 everyone else is getting. Does this mean I only got the 10 Day free trial?[/quote]

if you look in your account info it should tell you what day your next billing cycle starts, i signed up yesterday and it said my billing cycle starts on november 29th[/quote]
Thanks Milkyman, my billing cycle is the same as yours. I hope they ship GTA: San Andreas, I need to try this game out to see if it's worth buying.

I just signed up. I doubt I will keep the service though. If Gamefly took a week to get games I doubt this place will be any better. But it is FREE for a month, so what the hell. I don't like there site though. Is there anyway to list all the games for a certain platform?

[quote name='Jarrett']. Is there anyway to list all the games for a certain platform?[/quote]

If there is, I haven't found it yet. If anyone finds a way, let us know.

[quote name='Jarrett']I just signed up. I doubt I will keep the service though. If Gamefly took a week to get games I doubt this place will be any better. But it is FREE for a month, so what the hell. I don't like there site though. Is there anyway to list all the games for a certain platform?[/quote]

I used GameFly (had to cancel when I moved but will be signing up again soon) and it used to take about 4 days to receive a game from them. That was from Cali to Tennessee (where I used to live). I had the two game option so I never really cared about the turnaround time since I always had another game I was playing. I know they are working on getting a distribution center on the East coast and it will be just a matter of time until they do. Their service, game selection, and interface is the best I have seen.

[quote name='Si1veR']

I see that you live in California. Since Gamerang operates in California, they have to charge sales tax on the service. Since they only have three locations, they don't have to charge sales tax on people in states that they don't have a nexus.

[quote name='Packbacker96'][quote name='Si1veR']

I see that you live in California. Since Gamerang operates in California, they have to charge sales tax on the service. Since they only have three locations, they don't have to charge sales tax on people in states that they don't have a nexus.[/quote]
Thanks, forgot about the tax.

[quote name='lebowsky'][quote name='Jarrett']I just signed up. I doubt I will keep the service though. If Gamefly took a week to get games I doubt this place will be any better. But it is FREE for a month, so what the hell. I don't like there site though. Is there anyway to list all the games for a certain platform?[/quote]

I used GameFly (had to cancel when I moved but will be signing up again soon) and it used to take about 4 days to receive a game from them. That was from Cali to Tennessee (where I used to live). I had the two game option so I never really cared about the turnaround time since I always had another game I was playing. I know they are working on getting a distribution center on the East coast and it will be just a matter of time until they do. Their service, game selection, and interface is the best I have seen.[/quote]

When you decide to keep a game that you have rented from gamefly do they send you the case and manual for it ? or are you stuck with the mailing sleeve only? I've never used any of these places before, but my first gamerang game is on its way.

Well, I received my first game yesterday. I think it shipped Thursday, got it Monday. Kinda slow, but expected. I'm in Michigan. I probably will not keep the service, since it seems a bit expensive for me.....

Oh yeah...I got Rocky Legends for XBOX as my first game...horrible ;)

I was supposed to get the game yesterday, but it didn't come. I hope I get it today so I can play GTA: San Andreas while waiting for the election results. ](*,)

Where are you guys located? I'm in Indiana, they shipped Shin Megami Tensei to me last friday and its still not here.

I had Def Jam Street of Ny for about a week, and I can't say i like it. Any suggestions on what game i should rent next. I have an xbox and a gamecube. I was thinking X-men legends but there is a wait on that.

From my peronal experience game fly is best for the west coast (distibution is in CA) and gamerang is good for the east coast because their distribution is in NJ

signed up today. Im in Texas and my TMNT 2 game is supposed to ship tomorrow. Any other texans in here know how long it takes? If not, I will let you guys know.

I'm in Austin, TX.

My first game, X-Men Legends, Shipped on Oct 28 and Arrived on Nov 1.

My second game shipped on Nov 3. and is supposed to be arriving Nov 8.

So it looks like its gonna be one game a week at max. A little too slow with the likes of blockbuster within walking distance.

My first game "Paper Movie" shipped Monday and got here today (Oklahoma to Houston, TX). Does anyone know how the 2 for Tuesday works? It was on the inside cover of package. It says Rent 2 Games as 1??

bread's done
Back