GamersGate Thread: (Moved to the Steam+ Deals Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)

Closing this thread. Future deals will be posted in the Steam+ Deals Thread.

New thread here.
________________________________________________________________________________

*List of games on sale sorted by discount.
All Steam Origin Uplay DRM Free

[There are currently no known available vouchers, credits, promos, codes, etc. that can be manually applied to purchases.]

Note: Be sure to check DRM prior to purchase. It will typically be listed to the right of the description, just above the System Requirements. There are several instances where games may vary in DRM type even within the same bundle. You have been warned.

GamersGate on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Last edited by a moderator:
You bastard MysterD. I was just gonna make a snide comment about that.
100ca2cbfc041faa8de09238763d0eea2fc50908b4c4033e92b041e4fa099ff6.jpg

I realized that you are my lord that we will fight those console peasents invading our land.
Well, just so you know, this peasant's got a mean right hook. :p

Newbie question (big surprise), but GG's policy says they give refunds up to 14 days after purchase, no questions asked. Have any of you had any trouble getting them to honour this? My purchase was 11 days ago (Apr. 23rd), and I just filed a ticket. If there aren't any problems, how long does a refund usually take?

And no, I learned from my $1.25 fuck up with Rome: Alexander, and didn't "show" the key this time. Which is good, because if I "showed" it this time, I'd have been out $4.80 instead of just $1.25.

Well, just so you know, this peasant's got a mean right hook. :p

Newbie question (big surprise), but GG's policy says they give refunds up to 14 days after purchase, no questions asked. Have any of you had any trouble getting them to honour this? My purchase was 11 days ago (Apr. 23rd), and I just filed a ticket. If there aren't any problems, how long does a refund usually take?

And no, I learned from my $1.25 fuck up with Rome: Alexander, and didn't "show" the key this time. Which is good, because if I "showed" it this time, I'd have be out $4.80 instead of just $1.25.
as long as u havent download or show the key then yes if u did already then tried but chance are low for refunds

Nice find. :tempted:

I'm seeing conflicting reports on whether the Uplay keys are region locked or not.

e.g.

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist™ - Uplay Deluxe Edition Cd Key
THIS GAME IS REGION LOCKED - Only works in Europe, Oceania and some countries in Asia. Not in the USA. If you are from Asia and are unsure if it works for your country, contact us first.

http://www.directgamecards.com/others/tom-clancy-s-splinter-cell-blacklisttm-uplay-deluxe-edition-cd-key-pre-order.html

Nice find. :tempted:

I'm seeing conflicting reports on whether the Uplay keys are region locked or not.

e.g.

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist™ - Uplay Deluxe Edition Cd Key
THIS GAME IS REGION LOCKED - Only works in Europe, Oceania and some countries in Asia. Not in the USA. If you are from Asia and are unsure if it works for your country, contact us first.

http://www.directgamecards.com/others/tom-clancy-s-splinter-cell-blacklisttm-uplay-deluxe-edition-cd-key-pre-order.html
Those seem to be from nvidia promo, which are region locked. (so is uplay stuff from AMD promos)

Haha, I lol'ed a lot. Thanks man, keep it man that humour up
Still can't stop laughing  hehe.

Currently, still active from the Spring Sale...

66% off Rayman Legends (Uplay) - $13.60
75% off Operation Flashpoint Complete (Steam) - $6.24 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Operation Flashpoint Red River
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
[/customspoiler]
75% off Overlord Complete Pack (Steam) - $4.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Overlord
  • Overlord: Raising Hell
  • Overlord II
[/customspoiler]
75% off PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate (Steam) - $2.50
70% off Postal 3 (Steam) - $8.99
75% off Sniper Elite V2 (Steam) - $7.50
66% off Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist (Uplay) - $13.60
75% off Airship Dragoon (DRM Free) - $5.00
75% off Cargo Commander (Steam) - $2.49
50% off Freedom Force (DRM Free) - $1.98
75% off Freedom Force vs the Third Reich (DRM Free) - $0.99
50% off Attractio – Early Access (DRM Free) - $5.00
40% off Towers of Altrac - Epic Defense Battles (DRM Free) - $14.99

50% off Akella Games
75% off Aldorlea Games
75% off Alawar Games
60% off Aspyr (Mac) Games and DLC
50% off Astragon Software games and DLC
50% off Atari Games
66% off Autumn Games (Skullgirls)
Up to 75% off Codemasters Games and DLC
75% off Digital Tribe Games
75% off Double Eleven Games (PixelJunk)
50% off Encore Games
50% off Kalypso Games and DLC
50% off NeoCoreGames Games and DLC (The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing)
50% off Nordic Games and DLC
Up to 50% off Plug in Digital Games
Up to 66% off Rebellion Games and DLC
75% off Strategy First Games
50% off Stardock Entertainment Games and DLC
Up to 80% off Telltale Games and DLC
50% off Torn Banner Studios Games (Chivalry)
50% off Trion Worlds games (Defiance)
Up to 75% off Ubisoft US Games and DLC

Wow, the price on that game is tanking quick all of a sudden. I wonder why.

Neuro I think you missed Outlast Midweek.

75% - Outlast - $5.00 (Steam)
Probably a sale because of the new DLC that's releasing for it any day now. That price is even better than the one Steam had for it, but I'm still praying it gets bundled some day.

Yep, they released an Android Store. No announcement, nada, it appeared suddenly.
I'll give them credit, there's a lot of money to be had there. Though I doubt most Americans will buy apps off their site.

I'm surprised they're doing it though, I didn't know Android had any headache-inducing DRM. :p

ftfy

Magicka is on android?!? Also they're featuring other classy games such as Cut the Rope the bestselling knockoff Get the Candy.

Damn, I was indecisive at twice the price, but I would have eagerly bit on that price.
Yeah, there's a Magicka spin-off that started on iOS/Android that got ported to Steam. http://store.steampowered.com/app/247580/

It's a meh game for Steam, but at least on Steam, all the IAPs are removed.

I passed on Blacklist at the sale price, but I would have bit on it for $2.43 as well.

Daily Deal
75% off Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition (Steam) - $2.50
75% off Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Deluxe Edition (Steam) - $3.75

Weekly, Midweek and Weekend Deals
66% off The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (Other DRM) - $6.80
I really hate when you can't upgrade to a Deluxe Edition from a standard edition. It's annoying as fuck because I have the regular edition from a Humble, but I want the Deluxe goodies.

In other news, Euros with broken English continue to be cute.

Sorry but why would I want yet another place I have to go to get Android games on top of Google, Amazon, Humble and then the odd smattering of Groupees and Gala Android games I got through bundles that I already ignore?

The probably don't even have a client.

No thanks.

Sorry but why would I want yet another place I have to go to get Android games on top of Google, Amazon, Humble and then the odd smattering of Groupees and Gala Android games I got through bundles that I already ignore?

The probably don't even have a client.

No thanks.
Because Android is all about FREEDOM.

FWIW some Android games have been known to have DRM that connects to the net to verify licenses and such. Also anything you get from Amazon requires the Amazon client to be installed.

So yeah there is some DRM on some Android stuff but I haven't come across anything as heinous as those awful Tages and Act Control and shit like that that some publishers and developers in Europe have their heads so far up their asses they still insist on using.

Because Android is all about FREEDOM.
Good. Then I'm free to ignore Gamersgate.

Yep, I've run into a surprising number of well know android games that won't launch if they don't have internet.  And if I'm playing games on my tablet, chances are, I don't have internet.

In other news, Euros with broken English continue to be cute.
Ohh Bobby....If you knew saying that would trigger some sort of "love" in Euro-people, you definitely wouldnt' say it.

You are a very cute american also.

Wow, the price on that game is tanking quick all of a sudden. I wonder why.
Splinter Cell: BlackList PC is a technical mess.

And UbiSoft haven't fixed the damn thing, more or less.

Go read Ubi Forums and Steam forums for the complaints.

If you dig around, here's some of the problems many have ran into:

The game has Co-Op/MP connection issues to their servers;

DX11 mode runs like garbage and all over the place w/ wild framerates (unless you got a rocket-ship for a PC);

DX9 runs a little better - but you still need to play w/ the INI files to improve the framerate quite a bit;

this game has this "nasty 23 minutes and then the game crashes to the desktop" issue for some reason (probably b/c it can't connect to their servers and UPlay is doing periodic checks);

and offline mode does NOT save your saved-games locally to the hard-drive (this game has Cloud Saving).

It's an awesome game, but BUYER BEWARE - it's definitely worth knowing all of this crap ahead of time.

It'd be nice if the mod-community fix it or (better yet) UbiSoft would fix their bloody game.

This game does NOT deserve these technical issues and stupidities.

Splinter Cell: BlackList PC is a technical mess.

And UbiSoft haven't fixed the damn thing, more or less.

Go read Ubi Forums and Steam forums for the complaints.

If you dig around, here's some of the problems many have ran into:

The game has Co-Op/MP connection issues to their servers;

DX11 mode runs like garbage and all over the place w/ wild framerates (unless you got a rocket-ship for a PC);

DX9 runs a little better - but you still need to play w/ the INI files to improve the framerate quite a bit;

this game has this "nasty 23 minutes and then the game crashes to the desktop" issue for some reason (probably b/c it can't connect to their servers and UPlay is doing periodic checks);

and offline mode does NOT save your saved-games locally to the hard-drive (this game has Cloud Saving).

It's an awesome game, but BUYER BEWARE - it's definitely worth knowing all of this crap ahead of time.

It'd be nice if the mod-community fix it or (better yet) UbiSoft would fix their bloody game.

This game does NOT deserve these technical issues and stupidities.
The way you put it, I wonder if the
8230e04fb14378fe87c472bde5b0055927fae18d_m.jpg
Edition doesn't have the 23 min crash.

The way you put it, I wonder if the
8230e04fb14378fe87c472bde5b0055927fae18d_m.jpg
Edition doesn't have the 23 min crash.
I don't know.

Does a pirated edition actually do saves locally and work when constantly offline?

In the Legit version - when running in Offline Mode, supposedly it doesn't crash after 23 minutes...

...but it just doesn't save anything locally, people have said.

Supposedly - this game forces Cloud Saving.

Sure it does: you have to own an android device to play.
Yeah, I hate how you can't buy anything from Google Play or Amazon unless you connect an Android device to the account, not even if it's free. Surprisingly, you don't need to have an iPod to have an Apple account, can't believe Apple is more consumer-friendly about something than Android.

Ohh Bobby....If you knew saying that would trigger some sort of "love" in Euro-people, you definitely wouldnt' say it.

You are a very cute american also.
A-are you hitting on me?

Maybe I should move to Europe, I bet I could get all the ladies, being an American and all.

Did someone find today GG daily deal?

Edit. Nevermind, found right now. They took their time as always....

For posterity...or whatever.

Daily Deals
75% off Desperados Collection (DRM Free) - $3.25 [customspoiler=Includes]

• Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive
  • Desperados 2 Cooper's Revenge
[/customspoiler]
If any of you are feeling especially crazy and want to buy this, and aren't specifically doing it to have it DRM-free, BundleStars' Toxic Bundle has both Desperados game for Steam (Desperados 1 is a surprise bonus they put in it, even though it's not listed), and the bundle is only $5.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/toxic-bundle/

Those games have also been dirt cheap on Steam and Greenman (as Steam keys) before and will be again. There's no reason to buy it at that price on Gamersgate unless you are MysterD.

Has anyone realised today's deal issue? If I'm not wrong they have increase the MRSP of the Operation Flashpoint Complete to put a 89% off discount.

Sounds really strange when Steam Store has the same package for 19.99$ ... wonder if this will bring us a price glitch...hehe.

Edit. It was fast again this time. No glitch, they put back the normal MRSP with 75% off discount.

Has anyone realised today's deal issue? If I'm not wrong they have increase the MRSP of the Operation Flashpoint Complete to put a 89% off discount.

Sounds really strange when Steam Store has the same package for 19.99$ ... wonder if this will bring us a price glitch...hehe
GG does this often, though I'm not sure why. They'll raise the MSRP and it'll show an odd percent off, then they'll adjust the MSRP and the percentage will drop to a typical figure like 75% off, all the while the price will remain unchanged.

Edit: Like it just did.

And for posterity.

Daily Deals
89% 75% off Operation Flashpoint Complete (Steam) - $6.24 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
  • Operation Flashpoint: Red River
[/customspoiler]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back