GamersGate Thread: (Moved to the Steam+ Deals Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)

Closing this thread. Future deals will be posted in the Steam+ Deals Thread.

New thread here.
________________________________________________________________________________

*List of games on sale sorted by discount.
All Steam Origin Uplay DRM Free

[There are currently no known available vouchers, credits, promos, codes, etc. that can be manually applied to purchases.]

Note: Be sure to check DRM prior to purchase. It will typically be listed to the right of the description, just above the System Requirements. There are several instances where games may vary in DRM type even within the same bundle. You have been warned.

GamersGate on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Neuro5i5 didn't know this was quiet common coming from GG.  At least I don't have to be waiting for a glitch with anxious hehe.

Passed on that deal.

Never played those.

They any good?
They're decent for what they are. Old games but aged fairly well. There's not many old west games to begin with and I think these are the only ones practically that aren't shooters.

I was more commenting on getting them DRM free vs on Steam though. :p

They're decent for what they are. Old games but aged fairly well. There's not many old west games to begin with and I think these are the only ones practically that aren't shooters.

I was more commenting on getting them DRM free vs on Steam though. :p
Yes, I knew you were doing the comment on DRM-FREE vs. Steam/any other DRM...

...but, I was actually curious about the game.

I know, I know - I jump from tangent-to-tangent a lot...

Yes, I knew you were doing the comment on DRM-FREE vs. Steam/any other DRM...

...but, I was actually curious about the game.

I know, I know - I jump from tangent-to-tangent a lot...
gallery_338480_7901_15755.png

50% off Skullgirls games and DLC (Ends 5/12)
I knew they'd get cheap with the discounts again. Glad me and my group got in while it was 75% off. Still waiting for them to put Squigles and Color Palette on sale for 75% off.

If anyone does cave on this deal, make sure to get the free DLC character Big Band before he costs $5 in 2 months

http://store.steampowered.com/app/245175/.

I knew they'd get cheap with the discounts again. Glad me and my group got in while it was 75% off. Still waiting for them to put Squigles and Color Palette on sale for 75% off.

If anyone does cave on this deal, make sure to get the free DLC character Big Band before he costs $5 in 2 months

http://store.steampowered.com/app/245175/.
This may smack of console-peasantry, but I'm done with waiting for good prices on Skullgirls on PC. Big Band, Squiggles, and the Color Palette are all free on XBL right now and you don't need the base game to download them. I'm just gonna use my damn bing points to grab the base game the next time it's on sale.

This may smack of console-peasantry, but I'm done with waiting for good prices on Skullgirls on PC. Big Band, Squiggles, and the Color Palette are all free on XBL right now and you don't need the base game to download them. I'm just gonna use my damn bing points to grab the base game the next time it's on sale.
Who says I haven't already gotten in on that too? :p

Unfortunately Skullgirls hasn't seen a sale on XBL yet, and if it does, I'd imagine it'd be for 50% off.

I really dislike their making the DLC free only for a limited time on the PC and then charging for it. It's kept me from buying their game because while I'm waiting for a sale, once it does go on sale I don't want an incomplete game and I don't want to pay for something other people got for free.

I don't know, maybe if they someday do a packaged version with all DLC after they are done releasing it and it goes on a cheap sale I might think about it. Otherwise, meh.

I really dislike their making the DLC free only for a limited time on the PC and then charging for it. It's kept me from buying their game because while I'm waiting for a sale, once it does go on sale I don't want an incomplete game and I don't want to pay for something other people got for free.

I don't know, maybe if they someday do a packaged version with all DLC after they are done releasing it and it goes on a cheap sale I might think about it. Otherwise, meh.
I'm pretty sure the DLC is going to go up in price on XBL too, not just Steam. The only difference is Steam requires you to own the game to grab DLC, so this isn't a problem with the devs being greedy, just the way Steam has set itself up.

Personally I see giving the DLC away for a limited time as a way they're rewarding people who bought the game already, which seems fair to me and is similar to what Don't Starve is doing with its MP update (those who own the game get it free; anyone who hasn't bought the game will have to pay a higher price for the base game).

I'm pretty sure the DLC is going to go up in price on XBL too, not just Steam. The only difference is Steam requires you to own the game to grab DLC, so this isn't a problem with the devs being greedy, just the way Steam has set itself up.

Personally I see giving the DLC away for a limited time as a way they're rewarding people who bought the game already, which seems fair to me and is similar to what Don't Starve is doing with its MP update (those who own the game get it free; anyone who hasn't bought the game will have to pay a higher price for the base game).

secondary_page_banner.jpg
ftfy

Blame Steam's set-up. Yeah, it's annoying, but it's to reward fans who have supported them so far and to show appreciation for their backers (they had an IndieGogo to fund the characters -> https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-skullgirls-growing). It's not an incomplete game without the DLCs because the DLC characters were not deliberately held back content (they just didn't have the money or expected the demand to make them, and the third and fourth DLC characters will be deliberately picked by fans). It's not something like SFxT where DLC was planned from the onset. The game's been out since April 2012, and the first DLC character was only released in August of last year (beside the PC port).

People get free shit all the time (see Portal, L4D2, Red Orchestra 2 GotY), it devalues the item, sure, but it doesn't mean that I'm not willing to pay for it at all despite missing out on the promotion. It annoys me more that they haven't had a good sale on Squigles yet than the fact that I missed it being free. Wouldn't hesitate at $1/$1.25 considering how cheap I got the base game. And to give Lab Zero credit, they make the character free for three months, when most free promos end after 24 hours.

Hehe, I still have this on Retail Disc.

Never installed it, never played it.

Anybody played actually played it?

Is it any good?
From what I remember from the beta, it was an average multiplayer shooter. There's decent vehicles and gunplay similar to Battlefield games with large battles. A lot of people from BF2 were considering it as a potential game to move to but it just wasn't as good. Not sure if it has a singleplayer mode but I know it's multiplayer focused and there probably isn't much of a community left.

Anyone know if you can redeem the uplay codes for the timesaver DLC crap from this sale via the uplay client with the a Steam copy of AC4? Not that I would buy those, I'm just asking for a uh, friend.

Anyone know if you can redeem the uplay codes for the timesaver DLC crap from this sale via the uplay client with the a Steam copy of AC4? Not that I would buy those, I'm just asking for a uh, friend.
"My friend" just tested it and it works. Move along people, nothing to see here.

I'm sorry. I hope you like portal-lite with a dibble of Desmond's backstory. I didn't finish that.

Also fuck Desmond.
I didn't mind it. I played a good part of the game and most if not all of the Portaly levels, but never got around to finishing all of it. People just love to complain when you add something new to a game and it doesn't blow them away.

Really though, I bought the DLC for the other things it gives you: Three skins for Ezio, including Altair's Armor and the Brutus Armor, ammo upgrades, and (most importantly) Vlad's tomb and sword.

Seriously, I will pay $2.50 just for that sword. fucking loved that thing and the animations they gave it.

Oh man, I'm beginning to think with this new schedule deals there will be less chances to see "oopssies" (glitches) and that makes me real sad...

The best thing I like from GG is their "surprises" deals. Oh well...

"My friend" just tested it and it works. Move along people, nothing to see here.
FWIW although I didn't test with AC4, I've found as you did that Ubi DLC tends to be tied to your Ubi account so it doesn't matter if you have the Steam or non-Steam version of the game or where you get the DLC from. This is contrary to what uninformed peanut gallery tell people on the Steam forums.

Oh man, I'm beginning to think with this new schedule deals there will be less chances to see "oopssies" (glitches) and that makes me real sad...

The best thing I like from GG is their "surprises" deals. Oh well...
Of course. It's not their normal 'deals' are worth a damn.

FWIW although I didn't test with AC4, I've found as you did that Ubi DLC tends to be tied to your Ubi account so it doesn't matter if you have the Steam or non-Steam version of the game or where you get the DLC from. This is contrary to what uninformed peanut gallery tell people on the Steam forums.
Yup, that's exactly why I wasn't sure. I kept reading people on neotard and steam forums stating you couldnt do it but I couldn't understand why. Figured for 400 blue coins I'd dispel the myth for myself, err, I mean my friend.

Yup, that's exactly why I wasn't sure. I kept reading people on neotard and steam forums stating you couldnt do it but I couldn't understand why. Figured for 400 blue coins I'd dispel the myth for myself, err, I mean my friend.
So it's like how you guys described Bioware's DLC where it's cross-buy between Steam/Origin? That's kinda cool.

I didn't mind it. I played a good part of the game and most if not all of the Portaly levels, but never got around to finishing all of it. People just love to complain when you add something new to a game and it doesn't blow them away.
No, I'm complaining because I put 45 minutes into the lightweight platforming and dribble of Desmond's story and it sucked. It's really padded. They could have improved it by making it shorter and giving out Desmond's story at a faster rate than a dribble.

Shitty DLC is Shitty.

Of course. It's not their normal 'deals' are worth a damn.

Yeah, this was what I was told last time when I was considering the ACIII season pass and I see it is not true. Good to know I have several options now.

I bought Euro Truck Sim 2 for $6.25 a few days ago when GamersGate had it on sale. My account was debited the $6.25 but I just noticed a new charge there today from GamersGate with the same posting date for 19 cents. Does anyone know what that's for? Is there a charge to use a card or something?

I bought Euro Truck Sim 2 for $6.25 a few days ago when GamersGate had it on sale. My account was debited the $6.25 but I just noticed a new charge there today from GamersGate with the same posting date for 19 cents. Does anyone know what that's for? Is there a charge to use a card or something?
Nevermind. I'm an idiot, international transaction fee charge. Thanks Bank of America.

Nevermind. I'm an idiot, international transaction fee charge. Thanks Bank of America.
Same shit happens to me when I pay with my debit card directly to BundleStars (I have BoA too).

Always run your payments to international sellers (Gala, BundleStars, BlinkBundle, Gamersgate, GMG, GOG) through PayPal. I've never gotten hit with a fee by paying with my debit through PayPal (which is free to do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back