*-GameRush Deals Thread- Post anything GameRush here-*

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj41

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH

UPDATE: According to aoLat 's store, the Trade any 3 games, get a used game for $10 deal ends January 3rd! Only a few days left, so I suggest getting the last you can out of this deal.

Now, according to IndyDad 's store, this deal is supposed to end on the 10th. So, it may be YMMV for the last day of this deal.

I would like to thank Wshakspear for telling CAG and me about GameRush. You've really helped me out on deals. Thanks!

Many questions should be answered here. :) I'll add new things soon, so if you ask good questions and people give good answers, I'll add it to this and it will hopefully help out others.

Please PM me with questions about GameRush, but check this post, and the last few pages of this thread before you do.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

www.gamerush.com

CURRENT DEALS

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

This temporarily takes place of the buy 1, get 1 half off deal. Lowest priced game is free.

PAST DEALS

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

TRADE

Trading Formats: Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

Thanks cdeener.

Trade in values listed as of 12/28/04

When you see (All Three) it means for PS2, Xbox, and GC.

$120
Nintendo DS System
Playstation 2 Small Hardware

$85
Original PS2 System

$40
PSOne System

$35
GTA: San Andres PS2
Halo 2 Xbox
NFS: Underground 2 (All three)
SW: KOTOR II Xbox

$30
Def Jam: FFNY (All three)
Killzone PS2
Mario Party 6 GC
Pikmin 2 GC
MGS3 PS2
SW: Battlefront PS2, Xbox
Tiger Woods 2005 (All three)
TC: Ghost Recon 2 PS2, Xbox
THUG 2 (All three)

$25
Crash Twinsanity PS2
DOA: Ultimate Xbox
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 PS2
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex PS2
LSL: Magnum Cum Laude PS2, Xbox
Mario Power Tennis GC
NFL Street 2 (All three)
PM: The Thousand Year Door GC
PoP: Warrior Within (All Three)
Tales of Symphonia GC
WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw
WWE Day of Reckoning GC

$22
Conflict: Vietnam PS2, Xbox
Full Spectrum Warrior Xbox
Gretzky NHL 2005 PS2
Jak III PS2
R&C: Up Your Arsenal PS2
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Viewtiful Joe 2 PS2

$20
Hot Shots Golf Fore PS2
The Incredibles (All three)
Spider-Man 2 DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Urbz: Sims in the City DS

$16
NBA Live 2005 PS2, Xbox
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Network Adaptor Sony Brand
Memory Card Sony Brand

$15
Kindom Hearts: Chain of Memories GBA
DVD Remote Microsoft Brand

$14
Duke Controller Microsoft Brand

$12
Mario Pinball Land GBA
Super Smash Brothers Melee GC

$10
ESPN: College Hoops 2K5 PS2, Xbox
Nintendo 64 System
Sega Dreamcast

$8
Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest PS2
LoZ: Wind Waker GC
Socom II PS2
Sudeki Xbox

$4
PS2 Remote Sony Brand

$3
Memory Card (4mb) Nintendo Brand
Wavebird Battery Pack

Thanks video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you. :)

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (as many are doing) since they do have the abillity to bann you from all GameRush locations if they want to. If you do get banned from GameRush for scamming them, don't bitch about it. Otherwise, I will be forced to make fun of you.

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

GameRush still rocks!: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33791&start=0

FLAUNT IT!: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15967&start=1940

TRADE IN VALUE THREAD: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20412&start=0

When I tried to double dip and get two games at the trade in 3 for $10 promotion they told me that I could only do it once a day as stated on gamerush.com.

cd - that really is a narrow read on the language because it also says something along the lines of a maximum of 20 pre-owned titles per day so you should be able technically to trade in 6 and get 2 for $20 if you do it in the same transaction, you just have to decide whether it is worth the trouble of getting into a battle of legal interpretation with them

The employees at my local GameRush told me that the rules state that you are only able to trade in 3 for $10 once a day and if you read the print on GameRush website you would see it. It clearly states on the website that you are only suppose to be able to trade in 3 games for $10 once a day per account. Since I traded all the games in on one account they told me I could do the 3 for $10 once.

How much are they giving for fable now? also can you trade in more than one copy of the same game at one time? and finally, dou you need the case and manual? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']How much are they giving for fable now? also can you trade in more than one copy of the same game at one time? and finally, dou you need the case and manual? Thanks in advance.[/quote]

The GR near me say they will only take 2 copies of the same day per game.

I think I get it now. Someone correct me if I am wrong but you can increase the credit you have with GameRush/BB by buying $50 worth gift cards and by doing so you get $5 extra dollars with that purchase. So, by doing this you actually increase every $50 you have on a value card by 10%. If this is true that is freaking awesome.

[quote name='cdeener']Some trade-in values for GameRush
Smuggler's Run PS2 $3.00
Hot Shot Golf 3 PS2 $8.00
Def Jam Vendetta PS2 $8.00
Tekken 4 PS2 $8.00
SOCOM 1 PS2 $7.00
M of H: Rising Sun XBOX $8.00

Trade-In all of these for $42.00 of credit and got GTA: San Andres for $10.
Money out of my pocket: $0 dollars[/quote]

Did you really get $42 credit AND GTA: SA for $10? How'd you do that? Wouldn't 3 of the games have gone towards the GTA: SA so you wouldn't have gotten the trade-in value? So you should've ended up with $24 credit and GTA: SA for $10.

Just need some clarification because if they give credit and it can be applied with the trade 3 get game for $10, then that would be a KILLER deal.

That is the beautiful thing about GameRush they give you all of the credit for the games before they applied the cost of the $10. So, that is how I was able to get the 3 for $10 deal. This works anytime you do the deal just make sure that they give you the credit first then go pick out a game.

Traded in:

Star Trek: Shattered Universe (PS2)- $7
Blowout (GCN) - $1.50
Fisherman's Bass Club (PS2) - $10

Got Mortal Kombat: Deception (xbox) and 8.xx in credit.

Fisherman's Bass Club and Star Trek :SU are $5.99 at Movie Gallery. Movie Gallery is also running a Buy2 Get 2 deal currently. I went back and picked up a few Fisherman's Bass Clubs and Star Trek: SU's for trade bait.

[quote name='jngx80'][quote name='cdeener']Some trade-in values for GameRush
Smuggler's Run PS2 $3.00
Hot Shot Golf 3 PS2 $8.00
Def Jam Vendetta PS2 $8.00
Tekken 4 PS2 $8.00
SOCOM 1 PS2 $7.00
M of H: Rising Sun XBOX $8.00

Trade-In all of these for $42.00 of credit and got GTA: San Andres for $10.
Money out of my pocket: $0 dollars[/quote]

Did you really get $42 credit AND GTA: SA for $10? How'd you do that? Wouldn't 3 of the games have gone towards the GTA: SA so you wouldn't have gotten the trade-in value? So you should've ended up with $24 credit and GTA: SA for $10.

Just need some clarification because if they give credit and it can be applied with the trade 3 get game for $10, then that would be a KILLER deal.[/quote]

Holy crap dude, I can't beleive you didn't know this. Your listed as a regular. GR has the absolute best trade in policy. Screw EB and GS, they suck!! I've been hoarding xbox games for christmas using this policy (trade 3 get any used game for 10$ with the trade amounts going towards the 10$ and the remainder into my huge account) and I was just shocked by how many games I actually got using the trade in policy and the now forgotten 20$ off any presell. It's going to be months before me and my kids actually play them all.

I'm waiting for people to trade GB DS games in so I can start building that collection.

We actually had fun today playing Rampage off of the Midway collection.

Traded in:

Metroid Prime 2 - $35
Serious Sam: NE - $1.50
NCAA 2001 - $1.50 (picked up at GameCrazy for $2.98)

Got Mortal Kombat: Deception for $10

Lucked out as the guy in front of me had just traded it in. I remarked to the guy that I could trade MK:D back in for $30 credit and make $20. He said that would be trade fraud. I told him that there was nothing in my contract about that, but it didn't matter as I wasn't going to do that (at least not there, at that store).

I asked if there was something at corporate regarding trade fraud going on. He said there wasn't and it was just up to the employees to monitor the "trade fraud". So store jumping shouldn't be an issue at all.

"trade fraud"? Who are we defrauding? I never signed a contract that limited my trading. If they're smart, they will include that in the contract.

Traded in :

Fight Club (Xbox) - $25
Kingdoms Under Fire (Xbox) - $20
Wild Arms 3 (PS2) - $7
Mark Of Kri (PS2) - $3 [Last time I got $8 , trade 3 or more & each title is + $5 , not this time :( ]

Got : Ridge Racer DS & Asphalt : Urban GT
P.S. I went to Game Crazy , and they offered me only $30.05 .

[quote name='non']I remarked to the guy that I could trade MK:D back in for $30 credit and make $20. He said that would be trade fraud. I told him that there was nothing in my contract about that, but it didn't matter as I wasn't going to do that (at least not there, at that store).

I asked if there was something at corporate regarding trade fraud going on. He said there wasn't and it was just up to the employees to monitor the "trade fraud". So store jumping shouldn't be an issue at all.[/quote]

Why would you feel the need to even point out the obvious to one of the employees of the company you're taking advantage of?

As with any company, Blockbuster can refuse to do business with you, so go on and keep annoying the people you should instead be getting friendly with.

[quote name='snowmizer'][quote name='non']I remarked to the guy that I could trade MK:D back in for $30 credit and make $20. He said that would be trade fraud. I told him that there was nothing in my contract about that, but it didn't matter as I wasn't going to do that (at least not there, at that store).

I asked if there was something at corporate regarding trade fraud going on. He said there wasn't and it was just up to the employees to monitor the "trade fraud". So store jumping shouldn't be an issue at all.[/quote]

Why would you feel the need to even point out the obvious to one of the employees of the company you're taking advantage of?

As with any company, Blockbuster can refuse to do business with you, so go on and keep annoying the people you should instead be getting friendly with.[/quote]

Gosh, I guess I should have posted the entire conversation so as to show that I wasn't annoying him. We had a conversation about Metroid Prime 2, completing it at 100%, then we had tea and fucking cookies. Thanks for contributing with your worthless post.

I was merely inquiring, not saying, "Look what I'm going to do! Hurr hurr!" It's of interest to this community knowing what BB is doing or not doing regarding trades. Also, I certainly don't need to get chummy with a BB employee to get SUPER MEGA BETTER DEALS.

I'm glad you think your original post was worthwhile. Let's see...

A. I could turn around and trade this in for more than I paid for it.
B. Individual Blockbusters can't track each other's trades.

Wow. I certainly have never seen that info in any CAG Game Rush thread in the last year.

[quote name='non'][quote name='snowmizer'][quote name='non']I remarked to the guy that I could trade MK:D back in for $30 credit and make $20. He said that would be trade fraud. I told him that there was nothing in my contract about that, but it didn't matter as I wasn't going to do that (at least not there, at that store).

As with any company, Blockbuster can refuse to do business with you, so go on and keep annoying the people you should instead be getting friendly with.[/quote]

Gosh, I guess I should have posted the entire conversation so as to show that I wasn't annoying him. We had a conversation about Metroid Prime 2, completing it at 100%, then we had tea and shaq-fuing cookies. Thanks for contributing with your worthless post.

I was merely inquiring, not saying, "Look what I'm going to do! Hurr hurr!" It's of interest to this community knowing what BB is doing or not doing regarding trades. Also, I certainly don't need to get chummy with a BB employee to get SUPER MEGA BETTER DEALS.[/quote]

There's no reason to be an smartass about it. Trade your freaking games and shut up, please. When BB managers get whiffs of dipshits like you, corporate will stop sweetening the deals for all of us and start being as shitty as GS and EB. Nice going, moron, find some other way to express your individuality instead of just being a jerkoff.

" I was merely inquiring "......yeah, right.

Does anyone know if the trade-in values they have at GameRush the same they use at the BB? Because I live within walking distances of my local BB but GameRush is about 10 Miles away.

[quote name='cdeener']Does anyone know if the trade-in values they have at GameRush the same they use at the BB? Because I live within walking distances of my local BB but GameRush is about 10 Miles away.[/quote]

From my experiences, they are the same.

There's no reason to be an smartass about it. Trade your freaking games and shut up, please. When BB managers get whiffs of dipshits like you, corporate will stop sweetening the deals for all of us and start being as shitty as GS and EB. Nice going, moron, find some other way to express your individuality instead of just being a jerkoff.

" I was merely inquiring "......yeah, right.

I forgot you were standing next to me when the conversation took place. Do you honestly think that "stating the obvious" is going to somehow ruin it for everyone? As if they don't know people can do this kind of thing? Wake up poncho, try not to take game trades so seriously.

[quote name='Gojtron']Has anyone had luck finding PO-DS games?[/quote]

Look for some to show up this week..you know with all the DSes bought over Christmas, some of the games are going to find their way to Gamerush, probably the B-list titles that parents would buy if Super Mario was sold out, like Urbz and Feel the magic

[quote name='jngx80']To do the trade ins at blockbuster, do you have to be a member? Is there a fee to join?[/quote]

Yes, you need to be a member and fill out a trade agreement contract. And no, there is no membership fee. It's free to join.

[quote name='jngx80']To do the trade ins at blockbuster, do you have to be a member? Is there a fee to join?[/quote]Yes, you must be a member. No fee to join. It's free but if you rent something and don't getg it in on time, you will have late fees on your account.

Just wanted to post this terrific deal I came across. I went to KB Toys found Tiger Woods 2004 on sale for $7.50 each. So, I buy the last three copies they have in the store. I go to my local BB and low in behold when I go to trade two copies of the game they tell me I will get $8 each. When the total was rung up I got $14.00 each for the two games for a total of $28.00. I just made $13.00 in profit, you got to love BB and GameRush.

[quote name='Gojtron']Has anyone had luck finding PO-DS games?[/quote]

I picked up Spider Man 2 DS today PO with the trade 3 deal. they had madden too but I didn't get that both were 32.99

Call of Duty was still $30 when I hit some GR's in Michigan today.

Halo 2 went back up to $35 too. I traded it 2 weeks ago and it was only $30. BTW the Clarkston, MI Gamerush on Dixie Hwy. had 4 copies of Halo 2 today if anyone is interested.

[quote name='bmulligan']Call of Duty was still $30 when I hit some GR's in Michigan today.

Halo 2 went back up to $35 too. I traded it 2 weeks ago and it was only $30. BTW the Clarkston, MI Gamerush on Dixie Hwy. had 4 copies of Halo 2 today if anyone is interested.[/quote]

HOly crap! The MI GR's I go to never have anything new. For instance, I've NEVER seen a SW Battlefront used and Def Jam FfNY or Fable are still good finds. What's up with that?

This post is to anyone who would like to trade in games at their local BB you will need to have the cover art and disc to trade in your games. My local BB's told me that they wouldn't let me trade in games with just the disc by itself.

[quote name='slavefive'][quote name='bmulligan']Call of Duty was still $30 when I hit some GR's in Michigan today.

Halo 2 went back up to $35 too. I traded it 2 weeks ago and it was only $30. BTW the Clarkston, MI Gamerush on Dixie Hwy. had 4 copies of Halo 2 today if anyone is interested.[/quote]

HOly crap! The MI GR's I go to never have anything new. For instance, I've NEVER seen a SW Battlefront used and Def Jam FfNY or Fable are still good finds. What's up with that?[/quote]

Oh yeah, I forgot, they also had 2 copies of SW Battlefront for PS2 (Clarkston). The Gamerush on Walton at Baldwin (Pontiac ?) also had 3 copies of SW:BF for PS2.

Yeah, I've recently picked up some decent games at GameRush in MI. Got GTA:SA for my brother and X-MEN Legends (XBOX) for myself.

I have 3 more games to trade in, but there is nothing I really want right now. And, I don't just hoard games to trade then trade them back in

I wish it was some GameRush locations located in Detroit instead of way out away from where I like to travel to buy and trade-in games. It a few GameCrazy's but GameCrazy suuuuucks ass.

Some more trade-in values for BB/GameRush
Splinter Cell: Pandorax Tomorrow XBOX $12.50
007: Everything or Nothing XBOX $8.00
PSI OPS XBOX $8.00
IHRA 2004 XBOX $7.00
Splashdown: Rides Gone Wild $8.00
Tiger Woods 2004 XBOX $14.00

Note: that I would like to pass along to everyone. I found out from one of the employee's of my local BB that you can only have up to $500 dollars of credit on one Value Card.

What is the GTA 2-pack fetching for XBOX? I'm kinda disappointed in the port

ESPN Baseball (the newest one) also?
Sudeki?
Red Dead Revolver?
Full Spectrum Warrior?
Riddick?

THANKS!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone know the trade in value for XBOX Goldeneye: Rogue Agent?[/quote]

I would guess $30 right about now, maybe $35.

JUST GOT BUSTED FOR "FLIPPING." the girl said that my trading privilages had been revoked for trading to much. Has this happen to anyone else? How does does the restriction last? Is is across all stores or just that one?

[quote name='"doubledown"']What is the GTA 2-pack fetching for XBOX? I'm kinda disappointed in the port

Last time I traded was $20 for GTA Double Pack XBOX

Correct, the limit on the GR Cards is $500

beware: from my past experience, accumulating a ballance higher than $150 can cause an inquiry into your account, especially if you're "flipping": buying at a cheap, discounted rate, then trading the same game back for double, sometimes tripple. the loss prevention dept will consider that a loss :(

try to ask for a new GR card when you notice you've accumulated so much. you can use multiple cards to cover your entire purchase when it comes time (if over $150).

peace.

[quote name='videogamejunkie']JUST GOT BUSTED FOR "FLIPPING." the girl said that my trading privilages had been revoked for trading to much. Has this happen to anyone else? How does does the restriction last? Is is across all stores or just that one?[/quote]

i think it forever.

Videogamejunkie I have a question for you. Did you trade in too many games that you got from BB/GameRush at the same location? Because you can only be banned from one store at a time unless the people at the store you got banned from warns other stores near it about your habits.

Minos1067, I don't flip games but I would like to know if you have had an inquiry into your account from trading a lot of games that weren't from BB/GameRush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back