*-GameRush Deals Thread- Post anything GameRush here-*

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj41

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH

UPDATE: According to aoLat 's store, the Trade any 3 games, get a used game for $10 deal ends January 3rd! Only a few days left, so I suggest getting the last you can out of this deal.

Now, according to IndyDad 's store, this deal is supposed to end on the 10th. So, it may be YMMV for the last day of this deal.

I would like to thank Wshakspear for telling CAG and me about GameRush. You've really helped me out on deals. Thanks!

Many questions should be answered here. :) I'll add new things soon, so if you ask good questions and people give good answers, I'll add it to this and it will hopefully help out others.

Please PM me with questions about GameRush, but check this post, and the last few pages of this thread before you do.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

www.gamerush.com

CURRENT DEALS

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

This temporarily takes place of the buy 1, get 1 half off deal. Lowest priced game is free.

PAST DEALS

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

TRADE

Trading Formats: Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

Thanks cdeener.

Trade in values listed as of 12/28/04

When you see (All Three) it means for PS2, Xbox, and GC.

$120
Nintendo DS System
Playstation 2 Small Hardware

$85
Original PS2 System

$40
PSOne System

$35
GTA: San Andres PS2
Halo 2 Xbox
NFS: Underground 2 (All three)
SW: KOTOR II Xbox

$30
Def Jam: FFNY (All three)
Killzone PS2
Mario Party 6 GC
Pikmin 2 GC
MGS3 PS2
SW: Battlefront PS2, Xbox
Tiger Woods 2005 (All three)
TC: Ghost Recon 2 PS2, Xbox
THUG 2 (All three)

$25
Crash Twinsanity PS2
DOA: Ultimate Xbox
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 PS2
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex PS2
LSL: Magnum Cum Laude PS2, Xbox
Mario Power Tennis GC
NFL Street 2 (All three)
PM: The Thousand Year Door GC
PoP: Warrior Within (All Three)
Tales of Symphonia GC
WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw
WWE Day of Reckoning GC

$22
Conflict: Vietnam PS2, Xbox
Full Spectrum Warrior Xbox
Gretzky NHL 2005 PS2
Jak III PS2
R&C: Up Your Arsenal PS2
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Viewtiful Joe 2 PS2

$20
Hot Shots Golf Fore PS2
The Incredibles (All three)
Spider-Man 2 DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Urbz: Sims in the City DS

$16
NBA Live 2005 PS2, Xbox
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Network Adaptor Sony Brand
Memory Card Sony Brand

$15
Kindom Hearts: Chain of Memories GBA
DVD Remote Microsoft Brand

$14
Duke Controller Microsoft Brand

$12
Mario Pinball Land GBA
Super Smash Brothers Melee GC

$10
ESPN: College Hoops 2K5 PS2, Xbox
Nintendo 64 System
Sega Dreamcast

$8
Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest PS2
LoZ: Wind Waker GC
Socom II PS2
Sudeki Xbox

$4
PS2 Remote Sony Brand

$3
Memory Card (4mb) Nintendo Brand
Wavebird Battery Pack

Thanks video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you. :)

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (as many are doing) since they do have the abillity to bann you from all GameRush locations if they want to. If you do get banned from GameRush for scamming them, don't bitch about it. Otherwise, I will be forced to make fun of you.

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

GameRush still rocks!: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33791&start=0

FLAUNT IT!: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15967&start=1940

TRADE IN VALUE THREAD: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20412&start=0

[quote name='Socheata']Sorry for asking this n00b question...but do you have to be a Blockbuster member in order to trade-in games/buy games?[/quote]

Yes, and you have to sign up for their trade account. You need the account holder to be there as well.

[quote name='cdeener']I got a flyer from my local GameRush last night here are the trade in values listed as of 12/28/04

When you see (All Three) it means for PS2, Xbox, and GC.[/quote]If you typed all that out, thank you so much! I will add it to the OP and give you credit. :D Thanks again.

[quote name='sj41'][quote name='cdeener']I got a flyer from my local GameRush last night here are the trade in values listed as of 12/28/04

When you see (All Three) it means for PS2, Xbox, and GC.[/quote]If you typed all that out, thank you so much! I will add it to the OP and give you credit. :D Thanks again.[/quote]

You are very welcome because I don't have a scanner otherwise I would have just scanned the pages of each of the flyers.

Hey, cdeener you're from Detroit? Same here. I went to that GameRush in Farmington Hills today on Middlebelt but they didn't have any Metroid Prime 2: Echoes in so I got SW:B instead. If you ever head over there and you see a copy in could you grab it for me? I'm basically stranded at my house now that my brother went back to college with his car. Parents refuse to do almost anything. *cries*

I don't get the chance to go to Gamerush often but if I see it I will send you a PM. The location I normally go to would be the Allen Park BB/Gamerush at Southfield Road & Allen Road.

[quote name='cdeener'][quote name='sj41'][quote name='cdeener']I got a flyer from my local GameRush last night here are the trade in values listed as of 12/28/04

When you see (All Three) it means for PS2, Xbox, and GC.[/quote]If you typed all that out, thank you so much! I will add it to the OP and give you credit. :D Thanks again.[/quote]

You are very welcome because I don't have a scanner otherwise I would have just scanned the pages of each of the flyers.[/quote]That was very nice of you to type the whole thing out. I gave you credit and slightly revised your post when I put it in the OP. Thanks for the last time. :wink:

I put the "you must be a registered BB account holder" in the OP since it has been asked several times, so I hope some people will see it now.

I also gave the OP some more color. Now it's all pretty. :p

cdeener, I was originally going to go to that GameRush but decided to go to the one in Farmington Hills because I have been there before. I'll just call both tomorrow and ask them about some games....that I most likely can't go out and buy. *cries*

[quote name='aoLat']cdeener, I was originally going to go to that GameRush but decided to go to the one in Farmington Hills because I have been there before. I'll just call both tomorrow and ask them about some games....that I most likely can't go out and buy. *cries*[/quote]

aoLat when you call Gamerush ask when the 3 for $10 is suppose to end? If you think about.

Alright, I will tomorrow and PM you. They're closed now aren't they? Or are they like Blockbuster and are open til around midnight?

They are Blockbuster, so they should be open until midnight. Just post it to the thread so everybody can have an idea of when this will end.

The 3 for $10 deal ends January 3rd! AH!! Get out there now cheap ass gamers! Only 4 days left of great deals!

Turns out much of that list didn't need to be typed out here... check out the GameRush site.

I don't remember reading here that it had changed, but you can easily find the trade-in values for the Top 10 traded PS2, Xbox, GameCube, and GBA titles. Very convenient.

[quote name='rg0019']Crap, this is getting out of hand. I just ordered Full Spectrum Warrior so I can trade it in to gamerush. I think I enjoy the deals better than playing the games. I need Help...[/quote] Let me know if you get cured , and who your therapist was . :lol:

If the trade 3 get a PO for $10 is ending in a couple of days, I wonder what the next deals will be? I hope they don't suck. I should probably take my copy of Sly2 and a couple cheap ps1 games in tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm curious if I should trade in my 3 now or wait for the next deal to come around. I just finished X-Men Legends...so it has no use to me anymore....

Trade it in. It seems very unlikely to me that we'll see anything better than "3 for 1" from now on, especially seeing how even this deal has reduced my local GR's stock to a bunch of Maddens and little else.

Even if the new deals seem good, you can bet your ass that they won't take PS1 games. I'm going today to get something, probably Fable (again).

i have 2 gamerushes around me, and they have a pretty poor selection.

1 of the stores is the worst. the most recent used game that they had in stock was conflict:vietnam. no battlefronts, fables, gta, halo. and the employees have no idea what they are doing

2. the employees at this store are great. really nice, and know what they are doing. they have a decent selection. last time i went they had 1 fable, 2 DJ:FFNY, and LOTR:third age.

i still want to pick up ghost recon 2, prince of persia 2, nfsu:2, and halo2, but i guess i wont be able to get them for 10 bucks apiece :(

I went to the Lavon location today to pick up my MechAssault 2 preorder and brought my 4 PS1 games to see if they would accept it this time.

I went in and looked at the PO games and they didn't have much for Xbox and GC that I wanted, so I looked at the GBA games and found a $23 Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I took up the PS1 games and a guy that's worked at GameRush for a long time said that PS1 games were accepted at Lavon.

So I got my MechAssault 2 (Limited Edition) preorder and FFTA for $10. I'm glad I tried again. :)

EDIT- I'll add that the trade 3 get a game for $10 deal ends on the 3rd. Thanks for the headsup.

Rowlett has nothing for preowned games anymore. Everything good is gone. I think Fable is the newest game there now. THis deal has really picked clean all the good games.

picked up fable and star ocean 3 for ten dollars apiece today(at two different GRs). I will have to go back for other games over the next couple of days.

I have a few DVD movies that I could trade in to BB/GR for credit. Has anyone traded in a movie recently? I know they had the minumum of $8 trade, but I'm guessing that is over.

If you have traded some in, about what was the average for a DVD?

thanks

Someone said the trade 3 and get 1 for $10 deal is ending on Jan. 3. So does this mean Monday or Sunday is the last day to get in on the deal? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Soyner']I have a few DVD movies that I could trade in to BB/GR for credit. Has anyone traded in a movie recently? I know they had the minumum of $8 trade, but I'm guessing that is over.

If you have traded some in, about what was the average for a DVD?

thanks[/quote]

You'll most likely get $5 in credit for each DVD. I highly, highly doubt you'll get any more.

Mesquite Town East Game Rush is great. I picked up some great PO games at even better prices.

Parasite Eve, non-GH complete (with bonus disc): 9.99
Mega Man X4 complete: 4.99
House of the Dead 2 complete: free (with the B2G1, originally marked 3.99)

They also had complete copies of BOF 3, FFVII, Wild Arms, FFVIII, FF Tactics...

I saw more I'd like, but I got those for about 15 dollars out of pocket.

The current PO game selection is great, too. Plenty of PoP: WW copies, MK:D, Burnout 3, the list of top-tier titles continue...

[quote name='tinman_licks']Someone said the trade 3 and get 1 for $10 deal is ending on Jan. 3. So does this mean Monday or Sunday is the last day to get in on the deal? Thanks in advance.[/quote]

The other day a GR manager pulled out a calendar and showed me the trade 3 get 1 for $10 deal ends January 10. They're starting a new deal the next day, something like trade 3 get a new game for 29.99. He also mentioned that any trade will get at least $5 (like the DVD deal).

I was so sad to see this deal is ending that I really didn't follow up with questions on the new deals. I just said something like I really appreciated how creative GR is with their deals and then went home and cried in my gin.

[quote name='IndyDad'][quote name='tinman_licks']Someone said the trade 3 and get 1 for $10 deal is ending on Jan. 3. So does this mean Monday or Sunday is the last day to get in on the deal? Thanks in advance.[/quote]

The other day a GR manager pulled out a calendar and showed me the trade 3 get 1 for $10 deal ends January 10. They're starting a new deal the next day, something like trade 3 get a new game for 29.99. He also mentioned that any trade will get at least $5 (like the DVD deal).

I was so sad to see this deal is ending that I really didn't follow up with questions on the new deals. I just said something like I really appreciated how creative GR is with their deals and then went home and cried in my gin.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. $5 for any trade isn't bad at all. That will probably go for XBox, PS2, GC, and GBA, though. Not PS1. I'm still going today.

Well the good thing about the trade 3 get a new for $29.99 is they will finally get some good games on the shelf again.

[quote name='buster90']Rowlett has nothing for preowned games anymore. Everything good is gone. I think Fable is the newest game there now. THis deal has really picked clean all the good games.[/quote]
I got a preowned Halo: SE at the Rowlett store on Thursday night. :D

My GameRush guy said that it was ending January 3rd but maybe it's YMMV. I hope it ends on the 10th for me also, because all I have gotten out of this sale is Star Wars: BattleFront which is pretty good, but I want Burnout 3 and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, damnit!

[quote name='aoLat']My GameRush guy said that it was ending January 3rd but maybe it's YMMV. I hope it ends on the 10th for me also, because all I have gotten out of this sale is Star Wars: BattleFront which is pretty good, but I want Burnout 3 and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, damnit![/quote]\

I went to the Gamerush in Allen Park last night and they didn't have any copies of Metroid Prime 2 or Burnout 3.

DAMNIT! Maybe if I go later today..someone...could trade them...aww nevermind I'm never going to get either of those :cry:

It all depended on your timing aoLat because about a week ago when I went to the same Gamerush to pick up a copy of GTA:SA they had about seven copies of Burnout 3 for PS2 but didn't have any for any other system. Just like with GTA:SA the last two times I went to this Gamerush they didn't have any used copies of it at all.

Hmmm...I'm not very good at timing because my brother has to drive me around, so basically when he's ready I'm going then or not at all. Maybe I could call both GR's and ask if they have in either of those games... I don't really wanna bother them though asking about two games..they seem pretty pissed off when you do. Why must I be only 15?!

I don't drive either so the only time I get to go to Gamerush is when I have to bribe one of family members with a game or cash for gas to take me. Otherwise, I have my girl take me because she loves to drive.

Yeah, I'm probably heading to the Farmington Hills one over the Allen Park now that I know they didn't have any of the games I wanted yesterday. Maybe I'll see you there. Just scream aoLat. :cool:

[quote name='IndyDad']The other day a GR manager pulled out a calendar and showed me the trade 3 get 1 for $10 deal ends January 10. They're starting a new deal the next day, something like trade 3 get a new game for 29.99. He also mentioned that any trade will get at least $5 (like the DVD deal).[/quote]Hmm. I'll add that it could possibly end on the 10th. Did any GameRush employees check what the date is supposed to be?

I've been to three Gamerushes in the past few days and all three didn't have much at all. I went to the two on Rochester Road and the one on Hayes and 24 (MI CAG's in the house). The best I found was Blinx 2 and Fable. I ended up getting fable, but what the hell kind of selection is that? Plus, the pee-hole working there wouldn't let me get the buy 2 PO's get one free w/ the trade 3 deal. oh well.

I did see a copy of FF7 w/ the black label. I was hella excited until I picked it up. Looked like someone wiped their ass with the back cover. I was pissed.

So, if the trade 3 get one PO for 9.99 is over on January 10... there's still hope to get a PO MGS 3!

That's really the only game I'm looking to get now.

[quote name='slavefive'] (MI CAG's in the house). The best I found was Blinx 2 and Fable. I ended up getting fable, but what the hell kind of selection is that? Plus, the pee-hole working there wouldn't let me get the buy 2 PO's get one free w/ the trade 3 deal. oh well.[/quote]

Southgate & Wyandotte Gamerushes are pretty much picked over . Spiderman 2 was about the newest/best title I saw . :cry:

Some stuff I traded in on Jan 1 :

Xbox
Full Spectrum Warrior : 22
Driv3r : 8
NHL 2K3 : 3

PS2
Okage shadow king : 5
Ridge Racer V : 3

Picked up a $10 GTA San Andreas! There was a reasonable selection of newer titles, I saw Halo 2 & Call of Duty amongst others...

Dino if you go up there again could you grab Burnout 3, NFSU2, both for Xbox, or Metroid Prime 2: Echoes for me? I'll gladly pay money for those, PM me if you wanna work out a deal.

[quote name='Nephets']So, if the trade 3 get one PO for 9.99 is over on January 10... there's still hope to get a PO MGS 3!

That's really the only game I'm looking to get now.[/quote]

I just picked one up this weekend from the Hulen store. Last one in stock, though.

it doesn't matter if you cant drive, because you need a blockbuster card (over 18) and even if ur nam eis on the blockbuster card and ur under 18 youll need somebody over 18 with you to do the trades -_____- why would they make such a rule....

[quote name='slavefive']I've been to three Gamerushes in the past few days and all three didn't have much at all. I went to the two on Rochester Road and the one on Hayes and 24 (MI CAG's in the house). The best I found was Blinx 2 and Fable. I ended up getting fable, but what the hell kind of selection is that? Plus, the pee-hole working there wouldn't let me get the buy 2 PO's get one free w/ the trade 3 deal. oh well.[/quote]

The one by Auburn and Rochester actually has the "good" games hidden away in a drawer. Wound up picking up Halo 2 LE there tonight.

Thr Rockwall store sucks but I went there today anyway. Used game selection stinks but there were a few used games worth mentioning...Tony Hawk Underground 2, LOTR Third Age, Neo Contra, Ninja Turtles 2. I didn't get any of them though.

[quote name='aoLat']Dino if you go up there again could you grab Burnout 3, NFSU2, both for Xbox, or Metroid Prime 2: Echoes for me? I'll gladly pay money for those, PM me if you wanna work out a deal.[/quote]

I actually saw none of those :( I was specifically looking for MP2 myself but the Gamecube selection was miserable...

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Nephets']So, if the trade 3 get one PO for 9.99 is over on January 10... there's still hope to get a PO MGS 3!

That's really the only game I'm looking to get now.[/quote]

I just picked one up this weekend from the Hulen store. Last one in stock, though.[/quote]

If any Dallas-area CAG's see a PO MGS 3 complete at a GR, let me know, please? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back