*-GameRush Deals Thread- Post anything GameRush here-*

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj41

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH

UPDATE: According to aoLat 's store, the Trade any 3 games, get a used game for $10 deal ends January 3rd! Only a few days left, so I suggest getting the last you can out of this deal.

Now, according to IndyDad 's store, this deal is supposed to end on the 10th. So, it may be YMMV for the last day of this deal.

I would like to thank Wshakspear for telling CAG and me about GameRush. You've really helped me out on deals. Thanks!

Many questions should be answered here. :) I'll add new things soon, so if you ask good questions and people give good answers, I'll add it to this and it will hopefully help out others.

Please PM me with questions about GameRush, but check this post, and the last few pages of this thread before you do.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

www.gamerush.com

CURRENT DEALS

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

This temporarily takes place of the buy 1, get 1 half off deal. Lowest priced game is free.

PAST DEALS

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

TRADE

Trading Formats: Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

Thanks cdeener.

Trade in values listed as of 12/28/04

When you see (All Three) it means for PS2, Xbox, and GC.

$120
Nintendo DS System
Playstation 2 Small Hardware

$85
Original PS2 System

$40
PSOne System

$35
GTA: San Andres PS2
Halo 2 Xbox
NFS: Underground 2 (All three)
SW: KOTOR II Xbox

$30
Def Jam: FFNY (All three)
Killzone PS2
Mario Party 6 GC
Pikmin 2 GC
MGS3 PS2
SW: Battlefront PS2, Xbox
Tiger Woods 2005 (All three)
TC: Ghost Recon 2 PS2, Xbox
THUG 2 (All three)

$25
Crash Twinsanity PS2
DOA: Ultimate Xbox
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 PS2
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex PS2
LSL: Magnum Cum Laude PS2, Xbox
Mario Power Tennis GC
NFL Street 2 (All three)
PM: The Thousand Year Door GC
PoP: Warrior Within (All Three)
Tales of Symphonia GC
WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw
WWE Day of Reckoning GC

$22
Conflict: Vietnam PS2, Xbox
Full Spectrum Warrior Xbox
Gretzky NHL 2005 PS2
Jak III PS2
R&C: Up Your Arsenal PS2
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Viewtiful Joe 2 PS2

$20
Hot Shots Golf Fore PS2
The Incredibles (All three)
Spider-Man 2 DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Urbz: Sims in the City DS

$16
NBA Live 2005 PS2, Xbox
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Network Adaptor Sony Brand
Memory Card Sony Brand

$15
Kindom Hearts: Chain of Memories GBA
DVD Remote Microsoft Brand

$14
Duke Controller Microsoft Brand

$12
Mario Pinball Land GBA
Super Smash Brothers Melee GC

$10
ESPN: College Hoops 2K5 PS2, Xbox
Nintendo 64 System
Sega Dreamcast

$8
Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest PS2
LoZ: Wind Waker GC
Socom II PS2
Sudeki Xbox

$4
PS2 Remote Sony Brand

$3
Memory Card (4mb) Nintendo Brand
Wavebird Battery Pack

Thanks video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you. :)

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (as many are doing) since they do have the abillity to bann you from all GameRush locations if they want to. If you do get banned from GameRush for scamming them, don't bitch about it. Otherwise, I will be forced to make fun of you.

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

GameRush still rocks!: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33791&start=0

FLAUNT IT!: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15967&start=1940

TRADE IN VALUE THREAD: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20412&start=0

Do any Gamerushes carry FFXI with the harddrive? I called all the local places and none have it but I don't know if they just don't carry it or what. Can they order games?
I've got enough credit and I figure I might as well use it to get stuff from them for HDLoader use than actual cash.

i hope to hit 3 or 4 BB stores tomorrow and see if anyones still doing the trade 3 for 10.. and to see if they put out any new DISC only games for 9.99 (ps2) to 14.99 (gamecube) buy 2 get 1 knocks the price down to

7.07 per PS2 game and 10.60 per GC game.

was able to find some good ones in the past month

PS2
Breath of fire 4
ncaa 2005 football
nba ballers
nascar 2005
srs racing
sonic heroes
nba street vol 2
metal gear soild 2
simpsons hit and run
MLB slugfest

Gamecube
Tales of sy. x2
mario kart double dash
Pokemon stauidm

Hopefully they will have more out tomorrow

Traded in :

KOTOR 2 (XBox) 35
Mission Impossible (PS2) 3
Gladius(PS2) 3

Got Need For Speed 2 Underground (PS2) for 10

Didn't want to keep this copy of KOTOR 2 because it didn't have a cover. It was in one of those crapy case without the game cover. Will probably get it again if I see a decent one (with cover and manual)

I saw a copy of MGS 3 at the counter. Unfortunately, the employee is holding that game for himself. Hopefully, I can get that at another BB

[quote name='gizmogc']No confirmation is the trade 2 and get a new game for $30 is true?[/quote]

trade 2 get a new game for $30?????

anyone know anything any Gamerush employees here?

BEST STORE EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Store aint open or i'd call..........

Anyone know what i get for:

NFSU2 xbox

DS system complete

Mario 64 DS

Yea yea i'm thinking of trading in my DS, i got it with Gamerush credit and played it like 2 weeks here and there and now i havent played it since. I'm considering getting a Gamecube, i want to play Resident Evil 4, Mario Sunshine, Zelda windwalker and i still have that Zelda collectors disk waiting to be opened. I was hoping to be able to get all that for the system and game. Then i'd have NFSU2 to use towards Mercenaries along with the credit i already have at GR.

[quote name='$hady']Store aint open or i'd call..........

NFSU2 xbox

DS system complete

Mario 64 DS

Yea yea i'm thinking of trading in my DS, i got it with Gamerush credit and played it like 2 weeks here and there and now i havent played it since. I'm considering getting a Gamecube, i want to play Resident Evil 4, Mario Sunshine, Zelda windwalker and i still have that Zelda collectors disk waiting to be opened. I was hoping to be able to get all that for the system and game. Then i'd have NFSU2 to use towards Mercenaries along with the credit i already have at GR.[/quote]

You would get more for the DS on EBAY....maybe $120 from GameRush

[quote name='Zennousha']Do any Gamerushes carry FFXI with the harddrive? I called all the local places and none have it but I don't know if they just don't carry it or what. Can they order games?
I've got enough credit and I figure I might as well use it to get stuff from them for HDLoader use than actual cash.[/quote]

Depends on where you live because the Gamerush I live near has just one left (Allen Park, Michigan near Allen Road and Southfield Road)

[quote name='$hady'][quote name='gizmogc']No confirmation is the trade 2 and get a new game for $30 is true?[/quote]

trade 2 get a new game for $30?????

anyone know anything any Gamerush employees here?

BEST STORE EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

I think this deal start 1/11, but my recollection is, its trade 3, get game for 29.99

The manhattan beach 2 store in california had at least 2 FFXI HDD. I think it was around $70. Dont know for sure, but this was about a week ago.

They dont get very many newer games traded in at this store. I think I am the only one trading back their high value games.

Just a quick question, is there a list of games to keep an eye out for for collectibility (which games are hard to find and worth picking up if seen on shelf?)

[quote name='fragmanslayer']The manhattan beach 2 store in california had at least 2 FFXI HDD. I think it was around $70. Dont know for sure, but this was about a week ago.

They dont get very many newer games traded in at this store. I think I am the only one trading back their high value games.

Just a quick question, is there a list of games to keep an eye out for for collectibility (which games are hard to find and worth picking up if seen on shelf?)[/quote]

Possibly the GUY GAME, since they are getting sued. But don't take my word for it...

Went to 4 Blockbusters here in fort wayne

Coldwater : stopped the 3 for 10 nothing there
Dupont : stopped 3 for 10 NOthing there
Maplecrest: stopped 3 for 10 Destruction derby, harry potter ps2 9.99 each wouldnt be bad but cant find a 3rd for free so passed
Peitte : stopped 3 for 10 last night AWFUL prices there. CD alone was fetching 16.99 to 39.99 for the same games i seen at the other BB for 9.99 to 14.99 NUTS

only one i didnt hit was the Jefferson here (since they didnt have nothing monday i doubt they have something now)

Im glad its over in a way the last few days i was getting funny looks from the people out on jefferson cause i think they knew i was flipping games from store to store. Overall in about a month i was able to pick up around 10-12 games and around 300 bucks on a gift card still

got to love going to ebgames buying 9 PS1 games for around 10 bucks total and Picking up 3 Newer games at BB then going to another BB and trading them in for 90

The new promo is Trade in 3 Get a new game for 29.99 I have no idea on the specifics of the games that can be traded in though.

[quote name='billyknoxville']The new promo is Trade in 3 Get a new game for 29.99 I have no idea on the specifics of the games that can be traded in though.[/quote]

Cool, thanks for the head's up. When does this start? 1/11/05 I'm assuming.

I can pick up Mercenaries cheap then! Yeah.

[quote name='doubledown'][quote name='$hady']Store aint open or i'd call..........

NFSU2 xbox

DS system complete

Mario 64 DS

Yea yea i'm thinking of trading in my DS, i got it with Gamerush credit and played it like 2 weeks here and there and now i havent played it since. I'm considering getting a Gamecube, i want to play Resident Evil 4, Mario Sunshine, Zelda windwalker and i still have that Zelda collectors disk waiting to be opened. I was hoping to be able to get all that for the system and game. Then i'd have NFSU2 to use towards Mercenaries along with the credit i already have at GR.[/quote]

You would get more for the DS on EBAY....maybe $120 from GameRush[/quote]

I don't have an Ebay account so i wouldn't get all that much with a zero feedback rating. I was at almost 200 but my account got suspending when they caught me bidding on my own stuff with another account. lol :oops: I haven't got around to making another account yet.

WORST MISTAKE EVAR!!!!!!!!

[quote name='slavefive']Okay, so the trade 3 get a new for $30 is pretty much confirmed. Any news on the +$5 deal?[/quote]

I missed seeing the sign announcing that the 'Trade 3, get one for $10' deal was still going on at one of my local GameRushes, and when I asked, the guy said, 'Yes, until Monday.'

Then he offered up, 'After that, it'll be an extra $5 per game when you trade in 3.'

trade 3 to get one for 30 is a pretty lousy deal any way you look at it

it may be time to actually start paying attention to other game stores again

[quote name='Zennousha']Do any Gamerushes carry FFXI with the harddrive? I called all the local places and none have it but I don't know if they just don't carry it or what. Can they order games?
I've got enough credit and I figure I might as well use it to get stuff from them for HDLoader use than actual cash.[/quote]

i dunno if you're in SoCal, but i've been to several of them and all of them had at least 1 in stock. best of luck :)

Well, if they start giving bonus credit on top of what you are trading then they will still see me trading at their store.

On a recent note, anyone spend all their credit yet. I went through $500 on a PSTWO, XBOX, 2 wavebirds, 2 logitech wireless controllers for xbox, and a logitech wireless controller for PS2. If it were real money, I would not have wasted it on that. Got $140 cash from my brother for the PSTWO. Still deciding what to do with the XBOX with the XBOX 2 coming up.

BB used to have a 1 year rental card for games if you bought a system from them, but this past year, I asked and they didnt know anything about it.

[quote name='andrew333']trade 3 to get one for 30 is a pretty lousy deal any way you look at it

it may be time to actually start paying attention to other game stores again[/quote]

If you didnt get the credit for those 3 games, then i'd agree...but you do. and taking $20 off a brand new game is not a bad thing. I plan on getting RE4 for pretty much free with some older games i dont need anymore...and that is good

^^^especially if you trade in PS1 (or any systems)games from EB on sale. GR should give the most credit for trade, plus the discount, and hopefully, as the rumour has it, that extra bonus money.

Trade 3 to get a new one for 30 will be good, considering you can also use the credit you get from the games towards the 30 dollars.

the thing is you don't have to buy any game to get the credit for the trades

basically, all they are doing is allowing you to buy a $49.99 game for $29.99 but what you are forgetting is that just about any new game can be found for $34.99 elsewhere with fry's price matching

so really it is only a $5 benefit total for three trades -- or in simpler terms an extra $1.66 per trade -- pretty crappy in my opinion

[quote name='andrew333']the thing is you don't have to buy any game to get the credit for the trades

basically, all they are doing is allowing you to buy a $49.99 game for $29.99 but what you are forgetting is that just about any new game can be found for $34.99 elsewhere with fry's price matching

so really it is only a $5 benefit total for three trades -- or in simpler terms an extra $1.66 per trade -- pretty crappy in my opinion[/quote]

You are forgetting that some of us, dont want to use real money but the gamerush credit that has been sitting around as of late.

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='andrew333']trade 3 to get one for 30 is a pretty lousy deal any way you look at it

it may be time to actually start paying attention to other game stores again[/quote]

If you didnt get the credit for those 3 games, then i'd agree...but you do. and taking $20 off a brand new game is not a bad thing. I plan on getting RE4 for pretty much free with some older games i dont need anymore...and that is good[/quote]

I agree. I think I'll pick up Mercenaries the same way, as I hear it's pretty cool. I was planning on buying both with credit, anyway; might as well knock $40 off the price while I'm at it.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']Well, if they start giving bonus credit on top of what you are trading then they will still see me trading at their store.

On a recent note, anyone spend all their credit yet. I went through $500 on a PSTWO, XBOX, 2 wavebirds, 2 logitech wireless controllers for xbox, and a logitech wireless controller for PS2. If it were real money, I would not have wasted it on that. Got $140 cash from my brother for the PSTWO. Still deciding what to do with the XBOX with the XBOX 2 coming up.

BB used to have a 1 year rental card for games if you bought a system from them, but this past year, I asked and they didnt know anything about it.[/quote]

you sure your not thinking about HOllywood video with the 1 year rental coupons with system purchase.

The current deals are pretty good, especially good if you flip games. the trade 3, get a new game for $30 is a good deal, too. It will be relatively easy to get a brand new game for nothing, if you trade the right games. The extra $5 is what I'm most excited for, but I expect you won't be able to double up on both deals, that would just be insane.

I have a GR story from today. I'm trying to build up credit for a few games coming out (Zelda Minnish and SW: Rep Commando, maybe RE4) and I traded in:

Boktai $6, Fable $30, and Vanark (PS1) $1.50. Got Killzone for $10 (and had $27.50 on my value card). The guy was a total jerk, telling me "NO, you don't want zelda, get Suikoden, NO you don't want ........ He was just being a royal jerk and wasn't gonna let me trade in the PS1 game. I asked why not, he just said he wouldnt' do it. I persisted a little and then he shouted to the manager "why don't we take PS1 games?" in a smart ass tone. She replied, "we do, until Monday" HA HA, in your face asswipe! Then he was throwing my value card down on the counter and flinging the pen at me to sign the reciept. Whatever, I got my credit and good game that I'll trade in tomorrow.

FYI, the GR in St. Claire Shores MI had a bunch of good games. STar Ocean 3, two Fables, Killzone (which I got), SW Battleground, FFXI, two Zelda 4 swords, and a few others. I haven't seen that many $40 + games in one store before.

[quote name='andrew333']the thing is you don't have to buy any game to get the credit for the trades

so really it is only a $5 benefit total for three trades -- or in simpler terms an extra $1.66 per trade -- pretty crappy in my opinion[/quote]

Not all of us have a fry's. Heck, half this continent doesnt have a Fry's. Yes, they have a website, no, the prices arnt always the same.

[quote name='rafissaying']is this trade 3 get a new release for 29.99 a for sure deal? because i hear all these rumors but no one has officailly confirmed it[/quote]

I've been calling different GR's lately and I think one person confirmed it. Plus, didn't a GR employee confirm on this thread a little while ago (page or two back)?

[quote name='rafissaying']is this trade 3 get a new release for 29.99 a for sure deal? because i hear all these rumors but no one has officailly confirmed it[/quote]

I was in 2 stores today where they showed me the ad planner for next week.

Trade 3, get 1 new game for $29.99 is definitely on.

The big things that I noticed, though:
- Doesn't look like PS1 games are included: the paper said PS2, GC, XBOX, GBA, & DS
(though this may vary based on the store: one of the stores by me takes Genesis, SNES, & Dreamcast for the current promotion even though they technically weren't included)

- Older sports titles are specifically excluded: anything older than either 2002 or 2003 (can't remember which it was, but I know it was one or the other) is excluded

- This likely won't work on FFXI, DDR bundles, or other "Game + Hardware" combos: Tried having one of the stores that I went to today scan them to check if they were going to work with the promotion, but it looks like they're in the system as "Accessories" rather than "Games"
YMMV -- some stores may allow this, some many not

Went to BB today. Traded in

Rainbow Six (PS1) - 1.50
Crash Bandicoot Warped (PS1) - 1.50
Amped - 5.00
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution - 5.00
Shox - 7.00
Halo 2 - 35.00

Picked up Hot Shots Golf Fore for 10, Ghost Recon 2 (Xbox) for 10, and Fatal Frame 2 (PS2) for 27. Still have 5 on my value card :) . Going back to another location tomorrow with some more PS1 games to get MGS3 Snake Eater for $10. Gotta get the most outta the deal before it dies

EDIT: Do games with no instructions or box (just jewel case) still count for this deal? I have a few lying around...

[quote name='MM3_XBOX']

EDIT: Do games with no instructions or box (just jewel case) still count for this deal? I have a few lying around...[/quote]

Yeah, they accept games w/o case and/or manual, but not for dvd movies.

[quote name='MM3_XBOX']EDIT: Do games with no instructions or box (just jewel case) still count for this deal? I have a few lying around...[/quote]

I've had 1 store mention something about not taking games unless they can scan the UPC, but everywhere else has been find with taking discs without any manual or case.

[quote name='TimTucker'][quote name='MM3_XBOX']EDIT: Do games with no instructions or box (just jewel case) still count for this deal? I have a few lying around...[/quote]

I've had 1 store mention something about not taking games unless they can scan the UPC, but everywhere else has been find with taking discs without any manual or case.[/quote]

I've been trading in all my games at GR w/out the insert, manual, and usually with a crappy beat up case. Nobody has ever said a word.

Alright, here's the official word on the trade 3 games, get a new game for $29.99 deal. I read this today with my own eyes during my shift. Only PS2, XBox, GCN, GBA, and DS games are good for the deal. Not PS1 games. These are the exclusions on the deal:

all sports games 2003 (2k3) and older. This includes wrestling games (I'm assuming from 2003 and older?).

that Freestyle Soccer game (yes, that damn Blockbuster exclusive that every store has about 20 used copies of)

any mini-games and demos (Outlaw Volleyball and Golf mini-games and such)

I didn't find anything on the extra $5 per game coming back so I can neither confirm nor deny that.

[quote name='ValkyrieVF-1S'][quote name='MM3_XBOX']

EDIT: Do games with no instructions or box (just jewel case) still count for this deal? I have a few lying around...[/quote]

Yeah, they accept games w/o case and/or manual, but not for dvd movies.[/quote]

alright, thanks, i'll try to pick up snake eater tomorrow :)

plan to trade in (all no case or instructions)

NBA Live 98 (PS1)
Tekken 3 (PS1)
The Bouncer (PS2)

might have to use the rest of my old games and trade them in for some good games before the trade 3 get PO for 10 and use those games for the trade 3 get a new release for 29.99

I wonder what happens if you trade 3 and want to get a new game that is less than $50. For instance, you want to get Kingdom Hearts for the GBA. Would they take $20 off?

Anyway, tomorrow I'm taking in Killzone, F-Zero GX, and maybe Reloaded for PS1. Gonna take advantage of the last days of the current deal.

how long is that trade 3 get a new release for 29.99 going to last? do you guys think that this is a good deal...or does it seem that we are trading in too many games in order to get one since they are not letting ps1 or older sports game in the deal? just want the opinions of the rest of CAG

[quote name='rafissaying']how long is that trade 3 get a new release for 29.99 going to last? do you guys think that this is a good deal...or does it seem that we are trading in too many games in order to get one since they are not letting ps1 or older sports game in the deal? just want the opinions of the rest of CAG[/quote]

it depends. Gamerush gives great trade in values on some games, and there are always loopholes. And to answer the previous poster, i think the games have to be 50 dollars or more. I remember i got price of persai 2 for $20, but that only went through bc it was a pre order and on their list of preorderable games.

Is the trade in 3 games get a pre owned game for $10 deal still on at blockbuster? How long is it going to last? Are there any ps1 or ps2 games that are excluded from the trade in?

The deal will simply mark down the price of any new game to $29.99. It won't affect the price in any way of games that cost $29.99 and less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back