*-GameRush Deals Thread- Post anything GameRush here-*

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj41

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH

UPDATE: According to aoLat 's store, the Trade any 3 games, get a used game for $10 deal ends January 3rd! Only a few days left, so I suggest getting the last you can out of this deal.

Now, according to IndyDad 's store, this deal is supposed to end on the 10th. So, it may be YMMV for the last day of this deal.

I would like to thank Wshakspear for telling CAG and me about GameRush. You've really helped me out on deals. Thanks!

Many questions should be answered here. :) I'll add new things soon, so if you ask good questions and people give good answers, I'll add it to this and it will hopefully help out others.

Please PM me with questions about GameRush, but check this post, and the last few pages of this thread before you do.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

www.gamerush.com

CURRENT DEALS

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

This temporarily takes place of the buy 1, get 1 half off deal. Lowest priced game is free.

PAST DEALS

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

TRADE

Trading Formats: Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

Thanks cdeener.

Trade in values listed as of 12/28/04

When you see (All Three) it means for PS2, Xbox, and GC.

$120
Nintendo DS System
Playstation 2 Small Hardware

$85
Original PS2 System

$40
PSOne System

$35
GTA: San Andres PS2
Halo 2 Xbox
NFS: Underground 2 (All three)
SW: KOTOR II Xbox

$30
Def Jam: FFNY (All three)
Killzone PS2
Mario Party 6 GC
Pikmin 2 GC
MGS3 PS2
SW: Battlefront PS2, Xbox
Tiger Woods 2005 (All three)
TC: Ghost Recon 2 PS2, Xbox
THUG 2 (All three)

$25
Crash Twinsanity PS2
DOA: Ultimate Xbox
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 PS2
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex PS2
LSL: Magnum Cum Laude PS2, Xbox
Mario Power Tennis GC
NFL Street 2 (All three)
PM: The Thousand Year Door GC
PoP: Warrior Within (All Three)
Tales of Symphonia GC
WWE Smackdown! vs. Raw
WWE Day of Reckoning GC

$22
Conflict: Vietnam PS2, Xbox
Full Spectrum Warrior Xbox
Gretzky NHL 2005 PS2
Jak III PS2
R&C: Up Your Arsenal PS2
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Viewtiful Joe 2 PS2

$20
Hot Shots Golf Fore PS2
The Incredibles (All three)
Spider-Man 2 DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Urbz: Sims in the City DS

$16
NBA Live 2005 PS2, Xbox
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Network Adaptor Sony Brand
Memory Card Sony Brand

$15
Kindom Hearts: Chain of Memories GBA
DVD Remote Microsoft Brand

$14
Duke Controller Microsoft Brand

$12
Mario Pinball Land GBA
Super Smash Brothers Melee GC

$10
ESPN: College Hoops 2K5 PS2, Xbox
Nintendo 64 System
Sega Dreamcast

$8
Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest PS2
LoZ: Wind Waker GC
Socom II PS2
Sudeki Xbox

$4
PS2 Remote Sony Brand

$3
Memory Card (4mb) Nintendo Brand
Wavebird Battery Pack

Thanks video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you. :)

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (as many are doing) since they do have the abillity to bann you from all GameRush locations if they want to. If you do get banned from GameRush for scamming them, don't bitch about it. Otherwise, I will be forced to make fun of you.

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

GameRush still rocks!: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33791&start=0

FLAUNT IT!: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15967&start=1940

TRADE IN VALUE THREAD: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20412&start=0

[quote name='drfrielgood']The deal will simply mark down the price of any new game to $29.99. It won't affect the price in any way of games that cost $29.99 and less.[/quote]

Yeah, where you at in MI?? How did you confirm?

[quote name='slavefive'][quote name='drfrielgood']The deal will simply mark down the price of any new game to $29.99. It won't affect the price in any way of games that cost $29.99 and less.[/quote]

Yeah, where you at in MI?? How did you confirm?[/quote]

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. I meant to ask how did the one dude above confirm the $5 extra thing.

[quote name='gizmogc']My Gamerush is doing the extra $5 each game next week.[/quote]

i hope our BB does this . I would love to trade in all my primals, RE, Mad mastro and pick up 10 bucks per game (5 game + 5 extra per)

Yeah, if I get $5 extra that would be great....hopefully they combine that with the trade 3 for $30 also....that would be GREAT, since Mercenaries comes out next week :)

[quote name='rafissaying']are both the new deals supposed to be at all GR's or just certain locations?[/quote]All.

Alright, I'm going to try to go tomorrow and get the last I can out of this deal. I'm not sure what I'll be able to get, though. Hopefully some newer games. The new deals may not be too great because of the exclusions, but since you still get credit, I'll still use them.

One store had the new flyer with 1-11-05 date on it. Trade 3 get 1 for $29.99 was definitely confirmed. Only other major deal was Buy 2 PO PS1 games get 1 Free. It did not say anything about $5 trade in bonus so I do not think they are going to have that promo with their next promo. Just an observation but you never know with gamerush.

[quote name='pollayer1']One store had the new flyer with 1-11-05 date on it. Trade 3 get 1 for $29.99 was definitely confirmed. Only other major deal was Buy 2 PO PS1 games get 1 Free. It did not say anything about $5 trade in bonus so I do not think they are going to have that promo with their next promo. Just an observation but you never know with gamerush.[/quote]

trade 3 g et 1 for 30 do you get the game credit meaning if i trade in 3 primals

Primal grabs 5 bucks

DO i get 15 bucks credit then 3 for 30 so i owe them 15 or do i own them 30

Will the "Buy 2 preowned get 1 preowned free" continue after the 11th? I would love to still partake in that one.

[quote name='slidecage'][quote name='pollayer1']One store had the new flyer with 1-11-05 date on it. Trade 3 get 1 for $29.99 was definitely confirmed. Only other major deal was Buy 2 PO PS1 games get 1 Free. It did not say anything about $5 trade in bonus so I do not think they are going to have that promo with their next promo. Just an observation but you never know with gamerush.[/quote]

trade 3 g et 1 for 30 do you get the game credit meaning if i trade in 3 primals

Primal grabs 5 bucks

DO i get 15 bucks credit then 3 for 30 so i owe them 15 or do i own them 30[/quote]

example of the expiring deal:

You give them 3 - $5 trade in value games and they will give you $5 store credit AND any preowned game.

There system is screwed up in our favor they trade your stuff in then add credit to your account or a gift card (usable at any store, account credit is that location only) then they do your purchase seperate and Subtract $10 from the $$$ they just gave u. Thats y we all love cheap crappy games!

I couldn't find anything on the extra $5 at work today. I don't know if this deal will only be at certain Gamerush stores or at all of them.

I picked up Pikmin 2 for $10 today with the deal, and as I was checking out, I noticed on one of their flyers that there's currently a deal (expires 1/10/05) where you save $10 when you buy two new GBA games. Saw two copies of Boktai for $9.99 each, so after the discount, I got them for $5 each! I also grabbed the last sealed copy of MGS for PS1 for $13, which should make me a pretty penny on eBay.

[quote name='video_gamer324']I picked up Pikmin 2 for $10 today with the deal, and as I was checking out, I noticed on one of their flyers that there's currently a deal (expires 1/10/05) where you save $10 when you buy two new GBA games. Saw two copies of Boktai for $9.99 each, so after the discount, I got them for $5 each! I also grabbed the last sealed copy of MGS for PS1 for $13, which should make me a pretty penny on eBay.[/quote]

MGS was the GH edition, right? If it was, you probably won't get much for it. If it's the original, non-GH version....then that's a good find!

[quote name='slavefive'][quote name='video_gamer324']I picked up Pikmin 2 for $10 today with the deal, and as I was checking out, I noticed on one of their flyers that there's currently a deal (expires 1/10/05) where you save $10 when you buy two new GBA games. Saw two copies of Boktai for $9.99 each, so after the discount, I got them for $5 each! I also grabbed the last sealed copy of MGS for PS1 for $13, which should make me a pretty penny on eBay.[/quote]

MGS was the GH edition, right? If it was, you probably won't get much for it. If it's the original, non-GH version....then that's a good find![/quote]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44827

It was GH, and still a good find. :)

[quote name='video_gamer324'][quote name='slavefive'][quote name='video_gamer324']I picked up Pikmin 2 for $10 today with the deal, and as I was checking out, I noticed on one of their flyers that there's currently a deal (expires 1/10/05) where you save $10 when you buy two new GBA games. Saw two copies of Boktai for $9.99 each, so after the discount, I got them for $5 each! I also grabbed the last sealed copy of MGS for PS1 for $13, which should make me a pretty penny on eBay.[/quote]

MGS was the GH edition, right? If it was, you probably won't get much for it. If it's the original, non-GH version....then that's a good find![/quote]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44827

It was GH, and still a good find. :)[/quote] I saw a used Non-GH for $25.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8158755998&rd=1

I also saw MGS:Subatance PS2 for $40+...I traded mine in for like $10.... :(

[quote name='video_gamer324']I picked up Pikmin 2 for $10 today with the deal, and as I was checking out, I noticed on one of their flyers that there's currently a deal (expires 1/10/05) where you save $10 when you buy two new GBA games. Saw two copies of Boktai for $9.99 each, so after the discount, I got them for $5 each! I also grabbed the last sealed copy of MGS for PS1 for $13, which should make me a pretty penny on eBay.[/quote] #-o I forgot to post that deal when I saw it. Anyways, do you know if that includes used GBA games? I really want some cheap GBA games for some reason. :)

I have a sealed MGS from it's original print. My mom got it for Christmas for us...but I rented it to make sure I liked it and beat it...and she never got around to returning it.

Ehh, I didn't end up with much.
I traded in three games, and ended up picking up Crash:Twinsanity, and then used the remainder of credit to buy a copy of Metal Gear Solid 3 and a used copy of Sprung for the DS.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']i was working the novi and farmington locations tonight picked up def jam ffny NFSU 2 killzone and smackdown vs raw[/quote]

Did those locations have any more used copies of newer releases? I might check out those 2 locations tomorrow before the current deal ends. I'm specifically looking for PS2 versions of Burnout 3, X-Men Legends, MGS3, or GC Mario Tennis.

[quote name='JSweeney']Ehh, I didn't end up with much.
I traded in three games, and ended up picking up Crash:Twinsanity, and then used the remainder of credit to buy a copy of Metal Gear Solid 3 and a used copy of Sprung for the DS.[/quote]

Still havent seen used DS games yet. If you decide to take that one back or anything, feel free to PM me. I'm just waiting for RE4 to come out so i can get it for $30 after trade

My GR (Macomb, MI) had Tiger Woods and Sprung used for the DS. That was the first time I saw used DS games.

The only relatively new game they had was Def Jam FfNY, i'm going back to get it tomorrow.

The gamerush in Altadena, California had a sign that said for every trade you get an extra 5 credit. I'll tell my friend to take a picture of it on his camera phone and post it here.

Wow, regarding the MGS discussion, I just traded in the MGS 2: Subatance (XBox) for 1.50 at GR. Of course, I brought that for 6.99 at GR also.

Does anyone know what Gamerush's return policy for games bought with the 3 for $10 deal is? I bought Third Age for a cousin's birthday but it turned out he already had it.

All returns require a receipt. The receipt will show that you got it as part of the deal and you can do a 1 for 1 exchange. Assuming you're within the timeframe for returns of course.

Back to school and it looks like none of the blockbusters near Bloomington, IN carry new games or do game trades. (~45 miles to the nearest Gamerush!)

Oh well. I got a lot of the things I wanted during Christmas break, so I can't be too disappointed. Guess I'll just have to wait for whatever deals come around when I go home for spring break.

[quote name='HSidwolf'][quote name='sevdustflyer']i was working the novi and farmington locations tonight picked up def jam ffny NFSU 2 killzone and smackdown vs raw[/quote]

Did those locations have any more used copies of newer releases? I might check out those 2 locations tomorrow before the current deal ends. I'm specifically looking for PS2 versions of Burnout 3, X-Men Legends, MGS3, or GC Mario Tennis.[/quote]

yeah man they actually did have x-men legends for xbox at the novi one i almost got it but put it back to get def jam if they still have it it should be hidden behind a couple copies of wolverines revenge (XBOX) ...i know this cause thats where i hid it :)

Just wanna ask a question to you lucky bastards with Gamerush. Are you seeing a lot of copies of Pryzm in the stores lately? I've seen many a TRU cleaned out of them but the game simply has no resale value (the highest I've got for it was $2 at FYE) outside a place with a great trade in system like Gamerush.

I'm beginning to feel the pangs of sadness as tomorrow nears. Tomorrow is the...*sniffle*...the last day. Will probably make one more sweep just to be sure, but I've pretty much picked up everything I wanted. Managed to get Def Jam Fight For NY, MGS3, Katamari Damacy, a PS2 headset and more thanks to this deal (whether from trading or the occasional flipping), all for the low low price of nothing (since I traded in free games from the TRU magic coupon). But yeah, there's not much left to get at the stores around me...probably better off just waiting for the next sale and trading the remainder of the TRU games I have then.

I finally got Fable today. I wanted that game, but have been holding it off for other titles since Fable is easy to find. I have three more crappy games left and will trade that for Burnout 3. I thought about Ninja Gaiden, but I've heard that game is hard to play. If the deal for next week is true, I have three more normal games to trade for a new game. It'll cost me 29.99, so I pretty much have no more credit left. I can only have one new game, Suikoden IV or Meracenary. Which one would you guys get?

^ Mercenaries is gonna be great. The demo was so wide open it was a blast. Hell you could flatten the enitire level if you wanted to with Bunker Busters and Carpet Bombs. And if you have the demo (OXM) you can turn around at the begining and find a little village to hijack things in.

I believe GameSpy gave it 5/5

Can anyone confirm or deny the $5 trade in bonus coming back. One employee said that buy 2 get 1 free was going back to the old buy 1 get 1 1/2 off. Seems like all the gamerush staff were off today and uninformed BB employees were on duty today.

This trade 3, get one for 10 has been so good to me...i've traded in 5 crappy xbox games, 4 crappy ps1 games, and 3 crappy ps2 games. Managed to get Halo 2, Metal Gear 3, Hot Shots 4, Ghost Recon 2, and Fatal Frame 2, and still have $10 left on my value card :)

It is indeed a very sad time with this ending so soon. Thank God for the TRU coupon letting me get tons of free stuff to work Gamerush over with. I've wound up with almost every game I want for PSX and PS2, aside from the rarer/obscure things(IQ, Suikoden 2, Deception etc), and will have about 300 in credit once I trade these games I got in my final push tonight. The God of CAG must have wanted it to work out because finally after flipping through at least 5 copies of Star Wars Battlefront I managed to find a copy in mint condition WITH the book to keep. This past month has been amazing.

Listen to us....we sound like we're losing a loved one. I made a final pass today and traded in Killzone ($30), Reloaded and Blaster Master (both PS1, both $1) and got Halo 2 for $10. This is cool cause I wanted the regular version of the manual to go w/ the limited version, so i'll keep that and trade the disc back.

In the last couple of days I've got my credit back up to around $100. I want to get a DS, but no GR's have it in stock. I'll just be patient. Anybody know when GR is getting Zelda Minnish Cap in stock? I think I'll trade Halo 2 for that (even trade in).

Also, we still don't have a confirmation for +$5.

For what its worth:

Killzone $30
Rogue Ops $1.50
Shadowman 2 $3

I picked up X-Men: Legends which I will trade in for RE4 with the trade 3 and get one new for 30 bucks. Yes, the current deal has been good to me also. I've picked up Halo 2 new, GTA: SA new, ToS, 6 used games all in new shape, a new psone, and a new Xbox Logitech controller.

BB employees - Does the trade transactions list last forever or is there some timeframe where entries fall off?

[quote name='JAMMR']BB employees - Does the trade transactions list last forever or is there some timeframe where entries fall off?[/quote]

Not a BB employee, but from what little I managed to gather from things that I was told by employees at one store stuff stays on your account for ~3 months.

(they were saying something about if discs were bad and I needed to return something but couldn't find the receipt they could still look up the transaction for 3 months)

This is just based solely on a few comments made to me by someone working at BB, so take it with a grain of salt.

if the account is active (used in the store within 3 months) all trade transactions done in the store will be listed. if you don't use the account for three months the account is removed from the store's record and the transactions are lost. if you are banned though, the national data base keeps this info- so waiting three months will do nothing.

Today, traded in Sly 2 ($22), Fable ($30), I-Ninja ($7), and Project Gotham 2 ($8) for a grand total of $67. Got Metal Slug 3 for $10, and spent $6 cash to get DDR Extreme. One Gamerush nearby was picked over, the other local one where I found MS3 had used copies of San Andreas, Killzone, MGS3, and Halo 2. :eek:

[quote name='tragicslip']if the account is active (used in the store within 3 months) all trade transactions done in the store will be listed. if you don't use the account for three months the account is removed from the store's record and the transactions are lost. if you are banned though, the national data base keeps this info- so waiting three months will do nothing.[/quote]
So does that mean if you don't use your account for 3 months and you try to trade again at that store you have to reopen an account?

I was told (whispered) at GameRush today that new PS2 is being recalled for overheating and they have to send it back to the factory if someone trade one in. I thought the guy was joking, but manager confirmed it as well. Go figure. Im glad I stayed with mine 5001.

Hi,

I am kinda new to this site, but I am not new to the gamerush buy 3 get a preplayed for 10 dollars. All I can say is that flipping is not illegal it is a poor promotion that blockbuster wrote and you sign a new contract with each store and that contract is only good between each store not Blockbuster Corp. I would like to see someone come get my 5000 in BB store credit.

Oh yeah and if you would like to continue trading with blockbuster after they have closed your account, just report your card as stolen and you will be issued a new card with a new account number.

If the PS2 thing is true, then it really sucks. I got the slim PS2, but it is the first PS2 I ever got. There are a few more used games I wanted at GR. But to get it, I would have to do some uneven trades! The time frame is too short for that. I will go again tomorrow to see what's left for the picking.

Regarding the value cards, does any one know when those expires? I will have about $10 or so left on it. I have enough games to last me for three months. I may just wait till this deal come back and do it all over again!

[quote name='newbie2000']If the PS2 thing is true, then it really sucks. I got the slim PS2, but it is the first PS2 I ever got. There are a few more used games I wanted at GR. But to get it, I would have to do some uneven trades! The time frame is too short for that. I will go again tomorrow to see what's left for the picking.

Regarding the value cards, does any one know when those expires? I will have about $10 or so left on it. I have enough games to last me for three months. I may just wait till this deal come back and do it all over again![/quote]
The cards expire after 1 year of non-use, methinks. I know that with regular Blockbuster gift cards, they subract a few dollars a month after 1 year of non-use until the balance is zero...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back