GameStop & EB Games Merging (GameStop buys Electronics Boutique for $1.44 billion)

Yeah, it sounds like it will be something that works well for a certain group of people but won't be for everyone. But hey, it's good that they're trying new things.

Just a quick note.

Barnes and Noble no longer owns Gamestop. You'll have to read the stock info to see why and how. This happened a few months ago when B&N split off the GS stock making it a seperate company. Shareholders from B&N may have GS shares but the company is its own entity now.

And, to add to the 12 trade on 19.99 games, new games are trading in for 35.00 guaranteed for the first 10-12 days of their release. 38.50 with the new Game Informer card.

[quote name='Villy']Just a quick note.

Barnes and Noble no longer owns Gamestop. You'll have to read the stock info to see why and how. This happened a few months ago when B&N split off the GS stock making it a seperate company. Shareholders from B&N may have GS shares but the company is its own entity now.

And, to add to the 12 trade on 19.99 games, new games are trading in for 35.00 guaranteed for the first 10-12 days of their release. 38.50 with the new Game Informer card.[/QUOTE]

I knew there was something I kept forgetting to mention in my posts! :lol:

GS's been on it's own feet for awhile now, lol.

[quote name='LittleConnerPetterson']Dude, its a photo of my baby brother minutes after he was born. Babies look like crap right after birth. Besides his name is Conner Petterson, it was just too weird not to roll with it.

Funny how people get freaked out over a photo when they think its a dead baby... :)[/QUOTE]

DAMN! i thought the whole "white babies are ugly" was a myth! :lol:

Everything I see today reminds me of Def Jam FFNY...

Ya know, I actually don't care about this anymore. I'm glad EB is going away. Their site has good deals, but I am so fucking sick of them selling me opened games as "new." Those damn display boxes COVERED in stickers. It makes me sick.

I now have 4 Gamestops within half a mile of each other. 4. I live in a relatively small area as well. I hope that now maybe Gamerush and Gamecrazy will move in.

Reality's Fringe said:
I now have 4 Gamestops within half a mile of each other. 4. I live in a relatively small area as well. I hope that now maybe Gamerush and Gamecrazy will move in.

Maybe if 2 or 3 of them closed. But another store would saturate an already saturated market. They would have to struggle against four times the inventory.

bread's done
Back