Gamestop trade 2 wii games get $30 off select titles, 2 ds games get $20 off select

stone1061

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
002-1.jpg

001.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/stone1061/001.jpg

I plan on getting a few of these games for the wife and kids, so it's my own little perfect storm.

Trade 2 wii games with tiv of $3.01 or more, get $30 off select titles including Wii Fit, Wii Music, RRR Tv party, Skate it, Fitness coach, Cooking Mama world kitchen, r u smarter..., cheer squad, DDR hot party2, Jillian Micheals, Skate City Heroes.
You also get a magazine to some womans magazines with purchase of any of these titles.

Trade two ds games more than $2.01 get $20 off most Imagine ... Games, My language games, a few more learning and educational games.

Way better than the trade 3 get $10 if you want some of these games.
I'll be looking for some cheap wii games left at BB since the wife and daughters want some new stuff to use with the wii balance board.

The manager at the store had the sign up but had no idea what the big "Save $30/Save $20" applied towards. He had to get out the promo book to see.

[highlight]Added by Io[/highlight] - Since I was trying to figure out whether any of these games are good or not, I looked up reviews on a lot of them. That would probably be useful info here so, with the better ones (70 average or better - I rounded up the 69 ones) bolded:

:ds:
Brain Age and Brain Age 2 - everyone knows these, no need for reviews ;)
Brain Quest Grades 3 & 4 - 64 average on 3 reviews at Metacritic
Brain Quest Grades 5 & 6 - 64 average on 3 reviews at Metacritic
Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends - 70 average on 39 reviews at Metacritic
Crosswords DS - 69 average on 14 reviews at Metacritic
Ener-G: Dance Squad - 66 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Ener-G: Gym Rockets - 70 from IGN (only review found)
Ener-G: Horse Riders - 45 from IGN (only review found)
Flash Focus - 59 average on 22 reviews at Metacritic
Gourmet Chef: Cook Your Way to Fame - 70 from IGN (only review found)
Guinness World Records: The Videogame - 70 average on 4 reviews at Metacritic
Imagine Animal Doctor - 65 from IGN (only review found)
Imagine Fashion Designer - 30 from IGN (get My Fashion Studio instead!)
Imagine Interior Designer - 68 from IGN (only review found)
Imagine Teacher - 75 from IGN (only review found)
Imagine Wedding Designer - 25 from IGN (only review found)
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir - 69 average on 16 reviews at Metacritic
My Fashion Studio - 65 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic (70 from IGN)
My Fun Facts Coach - 51 from IGN (only review found)
My Chinese/English/French/Japanese/Spanish Coach - sparse reviews, consider if you are interested in said languages ;).
My SAT Coach - 65 from IGN (only review found)
My Weight Loss Coach - 63 average on 4 reviews at Metacritic
Personal Trainer Cooking - 81 average on 10 reviews at Metacritic
Personal Trainer Math - not listed on Metacritic, 65 average on 12 reviews from Gamerankings
Quick Yoga Training - 25 from IGN (only review found)
Touchmaster 2 - 77 average on 6 reviews at Metacritic

:wii:
All Star Cheer Squad - 64 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? - 38 from IGN (only review found)
Cooking Mama World Kitchen - 63 average on 8 reviews at Metacritic
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2 - 67 average on 6 reviews at Metacritic
My Fitness Coach - NO reviews anywhere!
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - 72 average on 21 reviews at Metacritic (I rented this - if you liked the others then you will like this too - it is very short in single-player though).
Skate City Heroes - 61 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Skate It - 72 average on 31 reviews at Metacritic
Wii Music - eh, figure this one out for yourself ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MasterYensid']I am not sure, I never assume something to be 100% true when it comes to things like this unless it has been confirmed by others or on more than 1 occasion at a different location. I only traded in 2 games, thus using the promo only once, so that can't be it. The manager was the one helping me, but that doesn't mean he is necessarily right. Basically, my post was looking for confirmation...[/quote]

Was the TIV of any of the games $3 or less? If so, it won't work. I tried a to trade in a George of the Jungle. It's TIV was $3, so the deal wouldn't work. Ended up using the $5 coupon to get $8 for it.

[quote name='MasterYensid']I am not sure, I never assume something to be 100% true when it comes to things like this unless it has been confirmed by others or on more than 1 occasion at a different location. I only traded in 2 games, thus using the promo only once, so that can't be it. The manager was the one helping me, but that doesn't mean he is necessarily right. Basically, my post was looking for confirmation...[/quote]

I guess it's best to avoid SCH just to be on the safe side. I plan on using this promo to my advantage at least a couple of more times. I'll just get one of the other promo games.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I've got another question somewhat related to this promo. In my quest to find a Wii Fit, I've noticed that I can't get any employee to respond to the question "Do you have any Wii Fits in stock?" with an answer longer than "No". Are they not allowed to tell you when trucks come in any more? They used to tell me when their next shipment was coming in when I'd be looking for hard to find stuff. Now, even if I ask when they'll get more, they just say "I really have no idea". Shouldn't Nintendo be shipping these on a somewhat regular basis? Is this some new kind of "loss prevention" policy? I'm used to employees being clueless, but this just feels off.[/quote]

They don't ship them on regular basis, and they never actually knew when they were coming in. The "next shipment" answer was just a generic answer to satisfy the follow up question "when do you expect them to come in".

[quote name='lukewin']This is just based on my opinion of what I've seen. They get shipments of stuff every day, through UPS, possibly FedEX. The trucks come in at a certain time every day, usually mid-day at my store. I don't think they know what is on the shipment until they open it up. I used to hear them say call in every afternoon to see what was on their shipment. I'd recommend doing that. I don't think Nintendo has a regular shipping schedule. The Nintendo rep in my area actually got a call from a GS employee while I was there, telling him that they got them in, and the employee would hold it for the rep. If there are any stores you are in good with, leave your name and number, and they might call you when it comes in.[/quote]

Yeah, I doubt my stores get shipments in every day. There are only 2 GS's within 50 miles (small mountain town), and they have actually told me in the past when a truck would be coming in. Your advice is solid though.

The flip side of that coin is getting the "*huge sigh* No, we don't have any" response because you call every day. This is starting to happen to me, which is why I wish they'd have some better system implemented of notifying customers when hard to find items become available.

[quote name='ets']They don't ship them on regular basis, and they never actually knew when they were coming in. The "next shipment" answer was just a generic answer to satisfy the follow up question "when do you expect them to come in".[/quote]

I guess I should have mentioned that I have verified the "next shipment" response in the past (maybe 8 months ago). This is how I finally found a Wii. The guy told me the truck would be there around 11 on Thursday. I showed up at about 10:45, waited 20-25 minutes, and had a Wii. I realize I was probably pretty fortunate, but I'm just surprised that the same employees are giving different responses now.

I wouldn't have thought anything if I hadn't noticed a change in attitude. It just made me wonder. Perhaps telling customers exactly when thousands of dollars of video game equipment is being unloaded from a truck isn't the smartest idea?

[quote name='lukewin']Was the TIV of any of the games $3 or less? If so, it won't work. I tried a to trade in a George of the Jungle. It's TIV was $3, so the deal wouldn't work. Ended up using the $5 coupon to get $8 for it.[/quote]

No, because when he deleted SCH and added the Raving Rabbids game it worked fine. Like I said, it's not really a big deal as I plan to just return the game anyway. Only made a difference because I had to fork over some credit to complete the transaction. If I didn't already have credit, that would require further cash to credit conversion.

[quote name='RCS0926']I guess it's best to avoid SCH just to be on the safe side. I plan on using this promo to my advantage at least a couple of more times. I'll just get one of the other promo games.[/quote]

This will work fine as long as you have existing credit. If you don't, you may be required to fork over additional cash making the deal not as lucrative for cash flipping purposes.

[quote name='lukewin']Was the TIV of any of the games $3 or less? If so, it won't work. I tried a to trade in a George of the Jungle. It's TIV was $3, so the deal wouldn't work. Ended up using the $5 coupon to get $8 for it.[/quote]YMMV on getting this deal to work with a $3 TIV game...requires an override from a friendly manager/worker. As posted previously, I was able to get rid of a $3 TIV Octomania this way. Manual bump to $15 + Edge = $16.50 total TIV (he manually bumped both, so I got $33 credit for both Wii games). Can't hurt to try.

Off topic, but allow me to address the Wii Fit situation from what I know about hard-to-find items (I've been working at GameStop for about 15 months):

1. GameStops receive shipments nearly every week day. Not on weekends. The usually arrive around 11 a.m. to noon, so calling at 10 a.m. to see if they have something in shipment won't get you very far. Calling at 3:30 p.m. will probably be too late. YMMV though.

2. GameStops usually all get the same general things in shipment the same days. I'm not sure how true this is nationwide, but it is at least true for each district. So if your favorite GameStop hasn't gotten a shipment of Mario Kart Wii since December 23 (true for me), then the one next door is in the same boat.

3. We usually know a few days ahead of time what we are getting in shipment (in theory). We have a shipping log that shows what is en route from the warehouse, and it usually takes 2-4 days to arrive, but results depend on your store and how far away it is from the warehouse in Texas.

4. If it's not on the shipping log, we really don't know when it's coming. Sometimes we can guess based on history. For example, "we usually get one shipment of Wii Fit a week since December, so we'll probably get one this week eventually. I'd check back again on Thursday to see if we have more info." This is the sort of thing I've said before.

5. Usually on the conference calls, the district manager tells the store managers what he knows about getting big ticket items back in stock. He'll know from someone above him that we're not expecting to get any more Mario Kart Wiis back in stock until week X. Managers will sometimes use this info to project when it might show up in the shipping log.

Now all of these are not set in stone, but they are usual guidelines for how things seem to work at GameStop. Results may vary based on your district and other unforseen circumstances.

My suggestion is to ask if the GameStop employee knows when they'll get them in stock, even if it's just a guess as to what the best next course of action would be. For example, I usually try to tell people when we are hoping a shipment will arrive, or when they should check back again to see if we'll know more information later.

Sorry this is so long, but if it helps 1 person find what they are looking for, it'll be worth it. Good luck everyone!

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Sorry this is so long, but if it helps 1 person find what they are looking for, it'll be worth it. Good luck everyone![/quote]

Don't worry about being long man. Thanks for the info! It explains a lot, and kinda goes along with what I suspected. Point #3 really stood out to me because I think that's what I've experienced when I've gotten the "try back Thursday around 11" responses. What I'd call a generous hint on their part. As far asking and letting them guess when they'll get more, that was my strategy until they just kept giving me short "no idea" answers. It made me think "Do you really want me calling you every single day, asking the same question?" lol.

I'm just a little bewildered that Nintendo has all these products: Wii, Wii Fit, Mario Kart, DS Lite, etc. that are hardly ever on store shelves. At first, sure it adds to the buzz, but now it's reached a point where they're employing "Cartmanland"-like strategies. "This is the greatest system ever...AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ONE!!! HAHAHAHA :D" It is truly mind bottling.

[quote name='RCS0926']That's interesting. When I returned 2 games from this promo last week with a gift receipt, the employee was somehow able to tell that I had purchased the game with credit. I don't think he knew that I used the promo to get the 2 games, but he at least knew that the games had been purchased with credit.[/QUOTE]

Definitely this...

SO, as for SCH, I was going to try that tonight but if it is not working any more... Are any of the other games $29.99, or at least just $39.99? While it makes little difference, it is nice not to have to tie up extra credit in them ;).

[quote name='io']Definitely this...

SO, as for SCH, I was going to try that tonight but if it is not working any more... Are any of the other games $29.99, or at least just $39.99? While it makes little difference, it is nice not to have to tie up extra credit in them ;).[/quote]

Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? and My Fitness Coach are both $29.99

All Star Cheer Squad and Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009 are $39.99.

Cooking Mama World Kitchen, Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party, Skate It, and Wii Music are $49.99.

SO, as for SCH, I was going to try that tonight but if it is not working any more... Are any of the other games $29.99, or at least just $39.99? While it makes little difference, it is nice not to have to tie up extra credit in them ;).[/quote]

I did a SCH probably 2 days ago. No problems for me. Today I returned 8 different games in 2 transactions of 4 each. 3 Wii games (Are You Smarter, My Fitness Coach, SCH) & 1 DS game (Guiness/Crosswords DS). Interesting tidbit, Giftcard can't hold more than $1000 in credit. I had $9xx.xx on one, was getting a refund of $1xx.xx in credit, system declined it. I told the guy I had $9xx.xx on it, and he said that's why. Put the $1xx.xx on a different card. Second store, same thing $1xx.xx on the new gift card. Just told them I bought them as gifts, and they weren't wanted. I made sure to organize the games into sets where there were different Wii games traded in for them, so as to not raise any further suspicion. I've got probably 3 or 4 more bundles of 3 Wii games each, to return. The fact that I'm asking for credit back helps, I think. That way, they aren't out $1xx.xx in cash in their drawers.

[quote name='lukewin']I did a SCH probably 2 days ago. No problems for me. Today I returned 8 different games in 2 transactions of 4 each. 3 Wii games (Are You Smarter, My Fitness Coach, SCH) & 1 DS game (Guiness/Crosswords DS). Interesting tidbit, Giftcard can't hold more than $1000 in credit. I had $9xx.xx on one, was getting a refund of $1xx.xx in credit, system declined it. I told the guy I had $9xx.xx on it, and he said that's why. Put the $1xx.xx on a different card. Second store, same thing $1xx.xx on the new gift card. Just told them I bought them as gifts, and they weren't wanted. I made sure to organize the games into sets where there were different Wii games traded in for them, so as to not raise any further suspicion. I've got probably 3 or 4 more bundles of 3 Wii games each, to return. The fact that I'm asking for credit back helps, I think. That way, they aren't out $1xx.xx in cash in their drawers.[/quote]

It sounds like you're making out like a bandit with this deal. However, I think you may be milking it a little too much.

[quote name='MasterYensid']This will work fine as long as you have existing credit. If you don't, you may be required to fork over additional cash making the deal not as lucrative for cash flipping purposes.[/quote]

I have $200+ in GS credit, so I can definitely afford to get one of the more expensive games since I can get the credit back anyway. I'm going to do the deal one more time tomorrow (already did twice before) and then I'm going to lay low. If I can find some Wii games at BBV over the next couple of weeks, then I might take advantage of this promo again a couple of more times. However, I'm going to try to stay away from BBV for a while (at least a week or two). That might work out better anyway since the stores I visited over the past couple of weeks really don't have anything worth flipping right now. In another week or two, there might be some games ripe for the picking...

[quote name='lukewin']I did a SCH probably 2 days ago. No problems for me. Today I returned 8 different games in 2 transactions of 4 each. 3 Wii games (Are You Smarter, My Fitness Coach, SCH) & 1 DS game (Guiness/Crosswords DS). Interesting tidbit, Giftcard can't hold more than $1000 in credit. I had $9xx.xx on one, was getting a refund of $1xx.xx in credit, system declined it. I told the guy I had $9xx.xx on it, and he said that's why. Put the $1xx.xx on a different card. Second store, same thing $1xx.xx on the new gift card. Just told them I bought them as gifts, and they weren't wanted. I made sure to organize the games into sets where there were different Wii games traded in for them, so as to not raise any further suspicion. I've got probably 3 or 4 more bundles of 3 Wii games each, to return. The fact that I'm asking for credit back helps, I think. That way, they aren't out $1xx.xx in cash in their drawers.[/quote]

Wow! LOL!

[quote name='RCS0926']It sounds like you're making out like a bandit with this deal. However, I think you may be milking it a little too much.[/quote]

I started up with HWV $3.99 flips to GS. I was actually out of the country for 2 weeks, the first 2 weeks of BB B1G1, so that left plenty of time for other people to milk the area. I picked up games at BB in the Charlotte and surrounding areas, then last weekend, I was up in Chapel Hill visiting, where I picked up and traded games as well. Milking it a little too much? I dunno about that. I've put a lot of time and effort into it. I'm surprised I haven't been banned from BB like FoS (knock on wood). In the beginning, I made the mistake of trading the same title 3 times in a day to different stores. After reading about how that was against the TOS, I rectified that. I have traded the same title to the same store, but on different days.

[quote name='lukewin']I started up with HWV $3.99 flips to GS. I was actually out of the country for 2 weeks, the first 2 weeks of BB B1G1, so that left plenty of time for other people to milk the area. I picked up games at BB in the Charlotte and surrounding areas, then last weekend, I was up in Chapel Hill visiting, where I picked up and traded games as well. Milking it a little too much? I dunno about that. I've put a lot of time and effort into it. I'm surprised I haven't been banned from BB like FoS (knock on wood). In the beginning, I made the mistake of trading the same title 3 times in a day to different stores. After reading about how that was against the TOS, I rectified that. I have traded the same title to the same store, but on different days.[/quote]

I'm not really talking about BBV. I'm talking about milking the $30 trade-in credit by doing trade-ins towards qualifying games and then returning those games to get back your $30 credit. Unless I'm mistaken, it sounds like you're really milking this deal for all it's worth. GS has so many stores and so many customers that you're unlikely to get flagged, but I'd still be a little wary of getting caught. However, if this deal continues to work in your favor, then more power to you.

Not sure what happened with the other poster, but I was able to get SCH to work earlier tonight (4 hours ago). The clerk told me it was going to be like $14, but I asked her to total it out and the computer automatically adjusted everything and I still got the game and $5 in credit on my Edge card. Traded in 4 games in 2 separate transactions and picked up SCH and My Fitness Coach.

[quote name='RCS0926']I'm not really talking about BBV. I'm talking about milking the $30 trade-in credit by doing trade-ins towards qualifying games and then returning those games to get back your $30 credit. Unless I'm mistaken, it sounds like you're really milking this deal for all it's worth. GS has so many stores and so many customers that you're unlikely to get flagged, but I'd still be a little wary of getting caught. However, if this deal continues to work in your favor, then more power to you.[/quote]

You're not mistaken. I am milking the deal for all it's worth. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm already flagged. I'm going so far as too trade in my personal collection of games to milk the deal, to possibly buy back at a later time. I've also traded in multiples of 360 and PS3 games to take advantage of the 3 for extra $10, but I doubt they care about that, since I'm not taking advantage of any loopholes.

[quote name='lukewin'] Interesting tidbit, Giftcard can't hold more than $1000 in credit. I had $9xx.xx on one, was getting a refund of $1xx.xx in credit, system declined it. I told the guy I had $9xx.xx on it, and he said that's why. Put the $1xx.xx on a different card. Second store, same thing $1xx.xx on the new gift card. Just told them I bought them as gifts, and they weren't wanted.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:. That's a bit much. I've returned 2 things so far and just got them on new gift cards since I thought it would seem odd if I had a gift card at the ready to accept the return. I asked (intentionally) dumbly if it could go on my Edge card and they said, no, returns always have to go on gift cards. So now I have a $49.99 GC from a Wii Music (which I was going to keep but decided against it after reading up on it a bit more), and $19.99 from a SCH.

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']Not sure what happened with the other poster, but I was able to get SCH to work earlier tonight (4 hours ago). The clerk told me it was going to be like $14, but I asked her to total it out and the computer automatically adjusted everything and I still got the game and $5 in credit on my Edge card. Traded in 4 games in 2 separate transactions and picked up SCH and My Fitness Coach.[/QUOTE]

Well, d'oh, I went in tonight figuring it was dead for SCH and got Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader instead. Oh well - I still got $1.01 back on my Edge card after purchase and now just have one more return for yet another gift card - this one with $29.99 on it. That's definitely enough for me. I'm not doing any of the purchases or returns at any of the same stores - so that means 6 different GS stores to do these 3 transactions/returns. And that's enough, really ;).

Though I have done tons of trading and tons of purchasing at GS over the last couple of years, I have rarely ever returned anything, so I was sort of set up for being able to do this just a bit with no problem.

I have to ask - does anyone think that the folks here who are milking the trade 2 get $30 off deal for all it is worth by buying and returning games over and over and over, especially those who are doing it in a less then subtle way (and when you are returning 10+ copies of the same game it's a bit hard to do it subtly anyway)... are you setting us all up for a fall in the long run? Is GS going to see what's going on and going to react by making future deals less lucrative and/or by policing it more carefully in the future and put more restrictions in place? I'm a bit worried about it. Am I worrying over nothing? I hope so.

[quote name='crunchewy']I have to ask - does anyone think that the folks here who are milking the trade 2 get $30 off deal for all it is worth by buying and returning games over and over and over, especially those who are doing it in a less then subtle way (and when you are returning 10+ copies of the same game it's a bit hard to do it subtly anyway)... are you setting us all up for a fall in the long run? Is GS going to see what's going on and going to react by making future deals less lucrative and/or by policing it more carefully in the future and put more restrictions in place? I'm a bit worried about it. Am I worrying over nothing? I hope so.[/quote]

I think there's concern here, but overall the CAG community is small, so I doubt this will be a blip on their radar.

More at risk are abusers of the deal. It's not impossible for GS to aggregate a transaction history, find out what's going on, and then ban those users.

[quote name='crunchewy']I have to ask - does anyone think that the folks here who are milking the trade 2 get $30 off deal for all it is worth by buying and returning games over and over and over, especially those who are doing it in a less then subtle way (and when you are returning 10+ copies of the same game it's a bit hard to do it subtly anyway)... are you setting us all up for a fall in the long run? Is GS going to see what's going on and going to react by making future deals less lucrative and/or by policing it more carefully in the future and put more restrictions in place? I'm a bit worried about it. Am I worrying over nothing? I hope so.[/quote]

This topic comes up with every new opportunity or evolution to the flipping process. Nothing's really changed so far, but I suppose every little bit counts towards them changing some policies.

Ugh, I was stoked at the thought of getting 30 bones for Mario Party 8 and Madden 08, but then I saw the dreck that I was limited to. Sorry, I'd rather keep buggy-ass-1-second-perma-lag-madden 08.

[quote name='JoeyBoots']Ugh, I was stoked at the thought of getting 30 bones for Mario Party 8 and Madden 08, but then I saw the dreck that I was limited to. Sorry, I'd rather keep buggy-ass-1-second-perma-lag-madden 08.[/quote]

Just return the dreck and get something better on your next visit.

[quote name='lukewin']You're not mistaken. I am milking the deal for all it's worth. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm already flagged. I'm going so far as too trade in my personal collection of games to milk the deal, to possibly buy back at a later time. I've also traded in multiples of 360 and PS3 games to take advantage of the 3 for extra $10, but I doubt they care about that, since I'm not taking advantage of any loopholes.[/quote]

I guess it's your call with regards to how far you want to go with this $30 trade-in credit deal. However, I would think you'd want to continue flipping at GS in the future, which obviously won't happen if you get banned.

JMHO but such open and flagrant ABUSE of this offer will KILL SUCH OFFERS of like kind in the future and it also very likely will force Gamestop to alter their return policy SOON.

I mean a couple times of buying a game on the offer and returning it is one thing, but it appears you are doing it like 20+ times !?!

Your GREED will take us all down.:whistle2:# While you gain, we will all suffer with more stringent return policys and less promos like this in the future.

PLEASE try and be just a bit more discreet or smarter about this for all of our sakes.:roll:

JMHO....

[quote name='Xfactor4']JMHO but such open and flagrant ABUSE of this offer will KILL SUCH OFFERS of like kind in the future and it also very likely will force Gamestop to alter their return policy SOON.

I mean a couple times of buying a game on the offer and returning it is one thing, but it appears you are doing it like 20+ times !?!

Your GREED will take us all down.:whistle2:# While you gain, we will all suffer with more stringent return policys and less promos like this in the future.

PLEASE try and be just a bit more discreet or smarter about this for all of our sakes.:roll:

JMHO....[/quote]

Honestly, if everyone was abusing the offer the way I am, I could see them killing offers like this. The way I see it, if only a small percentage of people abuse it, they will continue, b/c there is a large percentage of soccer moms and kids who can't sell on ebay who will continue to trade in to Gamestop. There will always be promotions of some sort, b/c the point of promotions is to drive people into the stores and give incentives to people who would not trade in without them. Gamestop's business model relies on people trading in games, and other people paying $5 less for a used copy.

If Gamestop does alter their return policy, so that a single person can not return so much stuff, that would only affect abusers of said policy, which in my mind wouldn't be a bad thing, and would force me to stop. I give them my phone number/edge card everytime I do a return, so I have no doubt that it could be easily tracked. By giving them one phone number, I'd say I am being discreet and smart about how I am doing this. It looks like what it is, one person doing it all. If I was giving multiple phone numbers to make it look like more than one person was doing this, that'd be deceptive. If they ask why I'm returning, it is also a legitimate answer. Nobody wants these games as gifts, I'd rather have the credit. I'd also rather have the bonus credit, and not just the +$5 from the weekly coupon.

*edit to add* I am also returning with the original receipt, not gift receipts. If they want to deny me the return or subtract the bonus, I'll just take it elsewhere. I think they'll kill the deal for people returning with gift receipts for cash, b/c at least with me, them giving me back store credit, the money ends up in their pockets. They can look that up too, the amount of Legendary's, Smash Court Tennis's, Monster Jam's, Elder Scrolls GOTY's, Bolt's that I've bought, new and especially used, that they've made money on.

And then you have to think? Is GS really losing that much money b/c of me? I'd say they are losing profit, but not costs. Every game that I'm trading in for $15 is going right back on their shelves for that price (a little more or a little less). The games have at least a $3.01 TIV, so I'd get $8.01 at least with this week's coupon. The most I'm making on them per game is $6.99. Some of the games I'm trading in are $8 or $9 TIV, and by doing this deal is only netting me an extra $1 or $2, but to me, is worth the hassle. It's a fun hobby, that pays off, and makes my other hobby (playing and collecting video games) free. This week's coupon also proves that they want Wii games in the stores. Am I not helping them out in that way as well? *edit to add* They are also gaining customers by having those Wii games to sell to people who are willing to pay $5 less for a used copy.

Where are all the people that hate GS that would be applauding my efforts? I guess I should start posting in the GS bashing threads, although I love GS for the deals that they have, that work in my favor.

lukewin's actions won't kill the deal. I really wouldn't worry. We've had much worse in terms of offer abuse and with little/no repercussions (with the exception of the perp getting banned).

That said, I also think that many of these games are being offered at a lower price at many retailers. I think Amazon is having a promotion on these Wii titles. When it comes down to it, it's more abou Ubisoft pushing these special offers than Gamestop. I don't think we'll be seeing Gamestop offer any more of these in the future without publisher nudging, abuse or no abuse.

I do wonder why the current deal was changed for the worse. Was that unrelated to the wild buy and return frenzy? Perhaps it was unrelated. Perhaps it was not. One thing is for certain: I will pay more for a Wii Fit via this deal (to keep) then I would have had the deal not been changed. I'm not going to blame lukewin for it, but I reserve the right to request reimbursement for the difference from him anyway, because that would save me money. ;^)

[quote name='crunchewy']I do wonder why the current deal was changed for the worse. Was that unrelated to the wild buy and return frenzy? Perhaps it was unrelated. Perhaps it was not. One thing is for certain: I will pay more for a Wii Fit via this deal (to keep) then I would have had the deal not been changed. I'm not going to blame lukewin for it, but I reserve the right to request reimbursement for the difference from him anyway, because that would save me money. ;^)[/quote]

The original deal getting nerfed had nothing to do with lukewin. GS changed the promo after the 2nd or 3rd day of the promo because frankly, they were shafting themselves on this deal. Only a handful of CAGs actually got to take advantage of the original promo.

I was able to trade in Skate City Heroes and FF4: ROTSS towards Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?. I'll get my $32.16 back some time next week.

I was also able to buy 4 qualifying Wii games at BBV for $39.64 that will be used towards this deal. In the end, I'll have turned that $39.64 into $62.20 in credit (+$22.56). It's not the greatest flip, but it will help get me over the $400 mark with my GS credit.

[quote name='lukewin']Honestly, if everyone was abusing the offer the way I am, I could see them killing offers like this...insert wall-o-text justification for defrauding Gamestop here... If Gamestop does alter their return policy, so that a single person can not return so much stuff, that would only affect abusers of said policy, which in my mind wouldn't be a bad thing, and would force me to stop...Where are all the people that hate GS that would be applauding my efforts? I guess I should start posting in the GS bashing threads, although I love GS for the deals that they have, that work in my favor.[/quote]

I'm just saying bro that a few times is one thing, doing it like 20 times with many multiples of many games and not keeping ANY of them may very well ruin the ability of us CAGS that want to do this just a few times and maybe keep some of the games we buy.

If you want to revenge RAPE Gamestop, that is your business. But if Gamestop modifies their return policy on promo credit boosted transactions, or anything bought with trade-in credit (specifically promo bonus credit towards a PARTICULAR MANUFACTURE SUBSIDIZED tile) then you very likley screw up our ability to return games and get the credit back WITHOUT losing the bonus promo dollars.

If something like this does happen, I can guarantee you will have had a hand in it. I think you should use loopholes when you can, but don't drive 10 semi-trucks through it and go all Kunai on us.;) Honestly, such abuse will cause loss of promos or priveledges for us all in the long run. Gamestop is not as stupid as you seem to think..

Again, just my humble opinion....Others may disagree, but I for one like all the promos from Gamestop and want to see more of them and not less.

[quote name='Xfactor4']I'm just saying bro that a few times is one thing, doing it like 20 times with many multiples of many games and not keeping ANY of them may very well ruin the ability of us CAGS that want to do this just a few times and maybe keep some of the games we buy.

If you want to revenge RAPE Gamestop, that is your business. But if Gamestop modifies their return policy on promo credit boosted transactions, or anything bought with trade-in credit (specifically promo bonus credit towards a PARTICULAR MANUFACTURE SUBSIDIZED tile) then you very likley screw up our ability to return games and get the credit back WITHOUT losing the bonus promo dollars.

If something like this does happen, I can guarantee you will have had a hand in it. I think you should use loopholes when you can, but don't drive 10 semi-trucks through it and go all Kunai on us.;) Honestly, such abuse will cause loss of promos or priveledges for us all in the long run. Gamestop is not as stupid as you seem to think..

Again, just my humble opinion....Others may disagree, but I for one like all the promos from Gamestop and want to see more of them and not less.[/quote]

I don't think I'm anywhere close to 20 times with multiples of games. I said I've done it 2 times with multiples and have about 3 more to go, so that's 5 times with multiples.

In the end, I only think it'll be around $100-$200 that I've gained extra b/c of the promo. Just b/c I have a high amount of credit, doesn't mean all of it's been gained from this promo alone. I traded in HWV stuff, along with personal stuff (like my Wii Fit and Mario Kart) before I left the country, to take advantage of the tiered trade in offer, and my total was around $700-$800 then. If they'd like to cancel that one, I'll take blame for that too then. Would it be any better if I kept a Skate City Heroes? I would keep it, but like I said before, I traded in my Fit. And I figure I'll pick it up used, during a B2G1F, b/c I am trying to stretch my credit as far as it'll go.

I may have already been flagged. Today, I went to return a PS3 Wireless Guitar, b/c I got a Frontman, and my friend wanted a GHWT Guitar. He tried to put it on my second card, but the system declined it and forced him to put it on a return card, whatever that may be. In the end though, I still got the credit back. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with a bunch of return cards. I'll have no problem with that, only if they try to take away any credit I've amassed.

[quote name='lukewin']

"revenge RAPE" is kinda harsh. I'd say it's more like banging a drunk chick who's passed out, b/c I am taking advantage of a situation that works in my favor, due to a situation the other person put themselves in.
[/quote]

you need help.
this thought process is disgusting at best.
MODs please delete the offensive, off-topic, hopefully ignorant "rationale" noted above.:shock:

[quote name='lukewin']I don't think I'm anywhere close to 20 times with multiples of games. I said I've done it 2 times with multiples and have about 3 more to go, so that's 5 times with multiples.[/quote]

I've shared my feelings on what you have done and what you are doing. It is still defrauding Gamestop no matter how you justify it. I know I am not alone in thinking you are abusing this and that there very well could be changes in Gamestop return policy in part to your actions and any other gross abusers. We shall see I guess. I suspect though in the future when you return a PROMO BOOSTED TIV game, that when you return it, Gamestop will not give you the PROMO BOOSTED TIV back since you technically at that point, have not BOUGHT the game but returned it.

Alos, final thoughts on your post above. You said you have only abused this promo 5 times ? Your earlier post below seems to say different

[quote name='lukewin']I did a SCH probably 2 days ago....(ONE)... No problems for me. Today I returned 8 different games..(EIGHT MORE).. in 2 transactions of 4 each. 3 Wii games (Are You Smarter, My Fitness Coach, SCH) & 1 DS game (Guiness/Crosswords DS).... I Just told them I bought them as gifts, and they weren't wanted. I made sure to organize the games into sets where there were different Wii games traded in for them, so as to not raise any further suspicion. I've got probably 3 or 4 more bundles of 3 Wii games each, to return...(3 or 4 bundles X 3 Wii Games each=NINE or TWELVE MORE) The fact that I'm asking for credit back helps, I think. That way, they aren't out $1xx.xx in cash in their drawers.[/quote]

By my count it looks like 1+8+9=19 or 1+8+12=21 games that you plan on returning AFTER taking the promo boost for buying a particular eligible title. Unless I am missing something, how on earth could you not think that what you are purposely doing is not SERIOUS ABUSE of their promo that is bound to have consqequences on future offers for us all? :roll:

Good luck with your upcoming Gamestop Ban and PLEASE for all the other CAGS sake, please chill out on abusing this.(My words may fall on deaf ears but I still stand by them)

I'm done now....nothing more to say... I promise.:whistle2:# Apologies in advance if my rant offends anyone but seriously ?!?!

I tried to do this today... the csrs were clueless and I wasn't sure if it was applied automatically.

Anyone know if they need to scan a barcode?

[quote name='jraypeon']I tried to do this today... the csrs were clueless and I wasn't sure if it was applied automatically.

Anyone know if they need to scan a barcode?[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, thinking about the BBV deal. Anyhow, it should still be on and it is automatic as long as the TIV value is $3.01 or better on the games you're turning in.

[quote name='animemaniac14']please tell me this deal is still good today and tomorrow!?[/quote]

Its still going on until Feb. something I am pretty sure.

[quote name='jraypeon']I tried to do this today... the csrs were clueless and I wasn't sure if it was applied automatically.

Anyone know if they need to scan a barcode?[/quote]

No barcode or coupon required. Wii games must have a base TIV of $3.25 or higher and DS games need $2.25 and higher.

When the associate totals or subtotals the transaction(F-12 maybe) then the promo automatically boosts the TIV on purchase of an eligible product.

Just did it today twice for a Wii-fit and also Are you smarter than a 5th grader Wii. ;)

[quote name='bob330i']dudes, you guys are 5 days too late. B1G1 free ended late Monday. Please check the OP next time. All of the current info you'll ever need is there.[/quote]

wuat ??!?!? Wrong thread maybe ? And with attitude to boot ! :roll:

[quote name='bob330i']dudes, you guys are 5 days too late. B1G1 free ended late Monday. Please check the OP next time. All of the current info you'll ever need is there.[/quote]

Uhh...you sure you're in the right thread? This isn't the BBV thread. This is the trade 2 Wii games at Gamestop, get bumped to $30 thread...which is in no way dependant on BBV's B1G1.

And to answer the original question, as of yesterday, all the signs were still up at my stores. And based on various CAG reports, this promo is supposed to last into February.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Its still going on until Feb. something I am pretty sure.

No barcode or coupon required. Wii games must have a base TIV of $3.25 or higher and DS games need $2.25 and higher.

When the associate totals or subtotals the transaction(F-12 maybe) then the promo automatically boosts the TIV on purchase of an eligible product.

Just did it today twice for a Wii-fit and also Are you smarter than a 5th grader Wii. ;)[/quote]

SWEET! thanks for the reply!

The promo is definitely still on. I traded in Elebits and Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End towards Wii Music. I got my $30 credit + Edge automatically and ended up paying an additional $22.31 out of my Edge card. I think I'm done taking advantage of this deal.

I'm holding on to 3 games from this deal right now that will be returned some time next week.

Couple of questions. What's a good way to know what the TIV of a game is? Just go to the store and ask them? I have some old games I don't want that I didn't pay much for.

Also, the deal is trade in 2 DS games to get $20 off select DS games. The deal includes Brain Age 1 and 2, but I was browsing the site and the game is 19.99 new. Does that mean you can get Brain Age without paying anyhting more?

Thanks!

[quote name='Thedrknss48']Couple of questions. What's a good way to know what the TIV of a game is? Just go to the store and ask them? I have some old games I don't want that I didn't pay much for.

Also, the deal is trade in 2 DS games to get $20 off select DS games. The deal includes Brain Age 1 and 2, but I was browsing the site and the game is 19.99 new. Does that mean you can get Brain Age without paying anyhting more?

Thanks![/quote]

Check the 1st page of this thread (GameStop Trade 3 360, PS3 or Wii games, get extra ) for Gamestop TIVs. Your fellow CAGs have been doing a great job of reporting TIVs for their games, and the list has been kept up to date. If your game isn't listed in that thread, then you'll just have to bring your games in and ask for the TIV in person since GS doesn't give TIVs over the phone.

Also, you can definitely pick up a $20 DS game or a $30 Wii game for basically nothing if you trade in qualifying games.

Tried this out for the fist time today. Skate City Heroes worked fine - I got $11.XX in credit back on the Edge card after trading in two eligible titles and getting SCH. Next, I used that credit and two more titles to get Wii Music for around $8. Then I traded in 4 DS titles to pick up Personal Trainer: Math and Mystery Case Files and got a little over a dollar in credit back on my card. Not bad for 4 games and 110 Club Nintendo points.

One thing I did notice (this may have already been mentioned) is I had to do separate transactions each time. I tried trading in all 4 DS games at once but it only applied the bonus promo amount to two of the trade ins, even though all four were eligible.

Wow, I haven't checked this thread in awhile, and it's gotten INTENSE! :argue:

I do have to agree, though. Buying/returning these specific titles 20+ times over on one account is probably a little overboard, but to each their own...Lukewin, don't you have some buddies who could at least do some of these for you, so that they are at least not all on your account?

[quote name='Josef']

One thing I did notice (this may have already been mentioned) is I had to do separate transactions each time. I tried trading in all 4 DS games at once but it only applied the bonus promo amount to two of the trade ins, even though all four were eligible.[/QUOTE]

You can do a DS set and a Wii set on the same transaction though.

[quote name='sgaldis']Wow, I haven't checked this thread in awhile, and it's gotten INTENSE! :argue:

I do have to agree, though. Buying/returning these specific titles 20+ times over on one account is probably a little overboard, but to each their own...Lukewin, don't you have some buddies who could at least do some of these for you, so that they are at least not all on your account?[/quote]

I wouldn't want to impose on my friends to take part in my hobby, although I do spread my wealth around. I had sold Cranium Kabooki to a friend, when I got it for $11.87 (I think) at CC on clearance with an extra % off. It seemed like it might be similar to Big Brain Academy, which we love. They didn't even use the glasses at first, which are crucial to some of the games. I took it back from him and gave him a Rock Band Track Pack 1 Wii. Plus, if I had them return stuff, it would be more deceptive than some people tend to think it already is.

I agree it is kinda overboard, but I'd rather Gamestop view it as one person (me) abusing this deal, then a bunch of people abusing the deal. I figure I'm not ruining it for everyone, b/c I think they'd rather ban flagrant abusers, then change their policies, which they see as beneficial.

I don't underestimate Gamestop at all. They fixed the first bug, giving $15 in addition to the trade-in credit, rather quickly. If they saw rampant abuse, they'd probably send out a bulletin to their stores to stop the promo, b/c the flier does state the promo ends at their discretion. I'll see if they take any further actions against me, b/c I'm accumulating more games, but I'm only planning to do 3 more bundles of returns. The bundles might consist of 6 or 7 games, but I'm trying to make it so that there are no duplicate games traded in for each bundle. It's a lot easier to do that now since the BB B1G1 is over.

I traded in 3 sets today to get Are You Smarter, All Star Cheer Squad, and a Jillian Michaels. The store is on a dial up connection and older system apparently, and the guy had to enter my info each time, since it couldn't pull up my info thru my phone # or EDGE card.

Funny story to add, I bought PS3 Endwar and PS3 Mercs 2 to trade into BB, b/c I plan on picking up an Archos. I used the PS3 coupon. This was at what I consider my home store, where all but 2 of the employees are dicks to me. When the employee gave me my receipt, he kind of crumpled it up before handing it back to me, and then checked the balance to (I believe) tell his coworkers who weren't doing shit behind the counter, like usual. He did have a surprised look on his face, when he saw it was $100 something, b/c they are used to seeing my $700+ card (which now has $900 something on it). I had used my 2nd card which another store gave me b/c my $900 one couldn't accept the $100 plus load they were trying to add to it (see previous posts).

bread's done
Back