Gamestop trade 2 wii games get $30 off select titles, 2 ds games get $20 off select

stone1061

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
002-1.jpg

001.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/stone1061/001.jpg

I plan on getting a few of these games for the wife and kids, so it's my own little perfect storm.

Trade 2 wii games with tiv of $3.01 or more, get $30 off select titles including Wii Fit, Wii Music, RRR Tv party, Skate it, Fitness coach, Cooking Mama world kitchen, r u smarter..., cheer squad, DDR hot party2, Jillian Micheals, Skate City Heroes.
You also get a magazine to some womans magazines with purchase of any of these titles.

Trade two ds games more than $2.01 get $20 off most Imagine ... Games, My language games, a few more learning and educational games.

Way better than the trade 3 get $10 if you want some of these games.
I'll be looking for some cheap wii games left at BB since the wife and daughters want some new stuff to use with the wii balance board.

The manager at the store had the sign up but had no idea what the big "Save $30/Save $20" applied towards. He had to get out the promo book to see.

[highlight]Added by Io[/highlight] - Since I was trying to figure out whether any of these games are good or not, I looked up reviews on a lot of them. That would probably be useful info here so, with the better ones (70 average or better - I rounded up the 69 ones) bolded:

:ds:
Brain Age and Brain Age 2 - everyone knows these, no need for reviews ;)
Brain Quest Grades 3 & 4 - 64 average on 3 reviews at Metacritic
Brain Quest Grades 5 & 6 - 64 average on 3 reviews at Metacritic
Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends - 70 average on 39 reviews at Metacritic
Crosswords DS - 69 average on 14 reviews at Metacritic
Ener-G: Dance Squad - 66 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Ener-G: Gym Rockets - 70 from IGN (only review found)
Ener-G: Horse Riders - 45 from IGN (only review found)
Flash Focus - 59 average on 22 reviews at Metacritic
Gourmet Chef: Cook Your Way to Fame - 70 from IGN (only review found)
Guinness World Records: The Videogame - 70 average on 4 reviews at Metacritic
Imagine Animal Doctor - 65 from IGN (only review found)
Imagine Fashion Designer - 30 from IGN (get My Fashion Studio instead!)
Imagine Interior Designer - 68 from IGN (only review found)
Imagine Teacher - 75 from IGN (only review found)
Imagine Wedding Designer - 25 from IGN (only review found)
Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir - 69 average on 16 reviews at Metacritic
My Fashion Studio - 65 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic (70 from IGN)
My Fun Facts Coach - 51 from IGN (only review found)
My Chinese/English/French/Japanese/Spanish Coach - sparse reviews, consider if you are interested in said languages ;).
My SAT Coach - 65 from IGN (only review found)
My Weight Loss Coach - 63 average on 4 reviews at Metacritic
Personal Trainer Cooking - 81 average on 10 reviews at Metacritic
Personal Trainer Math - not listed on Metacritic, 65 average on 12 reviews from Gamerankings
Quick Yoga Training - 25 from IGN (only review found)
Touchmaster 2 - 77 average on 6 reviews at Metacritic

:wii:
All Star Cheer Squad - 64 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? - 38 from IGN (only review found)
Cooking Mama World Kitchen - 63 average on 8 reviews at Metacritic
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2 - 67 average on 6 reviews at Metacritic
My Fitness Coach - NO reviews anywhere!
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party - 72 average on 21 reviews at Metacritic (I rented this - if you liked the others then you will like this too - it is very short in single-player though).
Skate City Heroes - 61 average on 2 reviews at Metacritic
Skate It - 72 average on 31 reviews at Metacritic
Wii Music - eh, figure this one out for yourself ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI Edge cards have a $1000 limit that can be put on them of credit. That is why GS couldn't add more credit to that card.

I did my third and final return of one of these deal games using a gift receipt and this time got cash back for some reason. They don't seem to uniformly apply the "look up the original method of payment" thing ;). He offered cash ($29.99) so I took it. I did then proceed to spend $50 on other stuff though.

Is the promo still running. I see no run dates and was curious if anyone new... whenever I call about these things the person who answers the phone never knows... last time I took advantage of it neither worker even knew it existed...

Traded in 2 games for Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party, the only game that I wanted from the list... and couldn't say no anymore with the price drop to 39.99.

[quote name='Snake2715']Is the promo still running. I see no run dates and was curious if anyone new... whenever I call about these things the person who answers the phone never knows... last time I took advantage of it neither worker even knew it existed...[/quote]

Was still running yesterday. The registers handle it automatically, so the GS employee doesn't even need to know about it.

I got a helluva override from a manager yesterday. First employee was clueless about the deal, even after I showed him the flier, so he went to get his manager. The manager comes out and tells the guy to just ring it up and it should apply automatically.

Well, the guy does it, but it doesn't adjust my values, though I don't think he went far enough with the transaction. He retreats to get the manager again, who start is all over, brings the price of Wii Music down to $19.99. So I am thinking, sweet, I got the $30 bucks knocked off and I am getting the original trade in value applied. Well, after he made that adjustment, my games bumped up to $15 each, so I got a little over $30 in trade in credit, on top of the adjustment.

So I traded in Ninja Reflex and Speed Racer for the Wii, from the BBV sale, and got Wii Music + $11.11 put back on my Edge card. Maybe he felt sorry for me for getting Wii Music, which I will be giving as a present.

[quote name='ets']Traded in 2 games for Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party, the only game that I wanted from the list... and couldn't say no anymore with the price drop to 39.99.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? It dropped. Man, I'd consider using the deal for that to keep if I had some more Wii games left over.

[quote name='Yanksfan']
So I traded in Ninja Reflex and Speed Racer for the Wii, from the BBV sale, and got Wii Music + $11.11 put back on my Edge card. Maybe he felt sorry for me for getting Wii Music, which I will be giving as a present.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you gotta love the clueless clerks in that case - all they had to do was total it up and the bumps would have happened. But you got an awesome deal there. Hopefully you truly are giving it away because I think there'd be some bad karma for doing a return on that one ;). (Then again, I guess it would only return for $19.99 if he adjusted it to that).

I still need to consider swapping my Cooking Trainer game for the Guinness World Records game from one of the very first trades I did with this deal (back when they added the trade in value). I wanted that originally but that store didn't have it. But then again my daughter has already tired of her new DS from Christmas (all she uses now is her iPod Touch) and the Guinness game would have been for her.

Did this deal again with two more DS games, and got the Guinness Book of World Records game. I then went to the GS down the road and asked if I could exchange the GBOWR game for another game and got Away Shuffle Dungeon in that exchange. I think I may try a few more times to exchange titles I don't want for titles I do want :)

[quote name='dg7md']Wow those are awful DS games... so much for hoping for Chrono Trigger![/QUOTE]

See my post directly above yours. It's YMMV, but you can basically exchange the new game you do get for a title you want, or return it for store credit (though I didn't try that).

Hooray! Today I got my WiiFit via this deal. $64.xx after tax. Not bad. The über-buy-and-returners are off the hook for the time being. ;)

They had small signs up on the shelves, so this deal seems to still officially be on.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']Hooray! Today I got my WiiFit via this deal. $64.xx after tax. Not bad. The über-buy-and-returners are off the hook for the time being. ;)

They small had signs up on the shelves, so this deal seems to still officially be on.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear the deal is still on. I've asked several employees when the promotion ends and not one of them was able to supply a date.

I've got one more game to return from this deal. If the promo really does run through 2/8, then I might do it again a couple of more times. However, that's completely dependent on whether I can find any games that are worth flipping to BBV. There's not much that's worth flipping with this week's GS coupon.

Went to a GS and was only able to trade in 2 games. The employee told me that only one deal per customer. I didnt believe him but he kept insisting. So I took Skate City heroes and left. This just BS now i have to make extra trips.

[quote name='speedrunner17']Went to a GS and was only able to trade in 2 games. The employee told me that only one deal per customer. I didnt believe him but he kept insisting. So I took Skate City heroes and left. This just BS now i have to make extra trips.[/quote]

wow, bs...
I finally took advantage today and picked up 2 wii fits...

[quote name='speedrunner17']Went to a GS and was only able to trade in 2 games. The employee told me that only one deal per customer. I didnt believe him but he kept insisting. So I took Skate City heroes and left. This just BS now i have to make extra trips.[/quote]

that sucks. the most i've done at one store was 3 deals. it is true that it's limited to one game per system per transaction, but i'm pretty sure it doesn't state 1 per customer on the flier. i've only got 2 games left to return, and if it's true that the offer is til the 8th, i'll have more. i'm 600 miles away from home, family emergency, so I can't trade in anything since my games are at home. I did bring my games to return though.

2 days ago, i went on a returning spree. Store 1- Jillian Michael's, My Fitness Coach, Are You Smarter. The only thing at this store worth picking up was a Cord-Free Wireless Nunchuk Adapter, the rest went on an Edge card. Store 2- Skate City, My Fitness, All Star Cheer Squad. Picked up 2 Konami Kids Playground games, the rest the guy put on a gift card he took off the shelf. Store 3- Skate City, Jillian Michael's, Are You Smarter. Picked up a Gripshift, PS2 Network Adapter, 2 New GC Donkey Konga Bongos ($.99 each), and a Wii Fit. Had to pay difference of $24.38. Not sure if I wanna keep this Wii Fit or flip it. If I do flip it, I think I'm gonna sell it close to cost if they me keep the box, since I'll probably pick one up used from GS.

Did this again today. Traded in two DS games and two Wii games and got Personal Trainer Cooking and Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader. Went to another GS down the street and exchanged those titles for Opoona (Wii) and Devil May Cry 4 SE (PS3). No problems with the exchange at all. Being able to exchange titles I don't want certainly makes this deal a lot more appealing, and probably one of the best trade in promotions GS has ever ran.

[quote name='donut']wow, bs...
I finally took advantage today and picked up 2 wii fits...[/quote]

[quote name='lukewin']that sucks. the most i've done at one store was 3 deals. it is true that it's limited to one game per system per transaction, but i'm pretty sure it doesn't state 1 per customer on the flier. i've only got 2 games left to return, and if it's true that the offer is til the 8th, i'll have more. i'm 600 miles away from home, family emergency, so I can't trade in anything since my games are at home. I did bring my games to return though.

2 days ago, i went on a returning spree. Store 1- Jillian Michael's, My Fitness Coach, Are You Smarter. The only thing at this store worth picking up was a Cord-Free Wireless Nunchuk Adapter, the rest went on an Edge card. Store 2- Skate City, My Fitness, All Star Cheer Squad. Picked up 2 Konami Kids Playground games, the rest the guy put on a gift card he took off the shelf. Store 3- Skate City, Jillian Michael's, Are You Smarter. Picked up a Gripshift, PS2 Network Adapter, 2 New GC Donkey Konga Bongos ($.99 each), and a Wii Fit. Had to pay difference of $24.38. Not sure if I wanna keep this Wii Fit or flip it. If I do flip it, I think I'm gonna sell it close to cost if they me keep the box, since I'll probably pick one up used from GS.[/quote]

I know:bomb: Im looking at the flier now and it says nothing about customer limits. He was the only guy working in the store and there was a line. So I think he was just trying to get through it. He wasn't a smart ass or anything, but just seemed like one of those employees who tries to do to much. I call em company men. Scared to try anything that may be wrong, but he didnt even know the rules. That was my first time and last time at that GS.

And Lukewin did you get gift receipts or just use the original ones.

[quote name='speedrunner17']
And Lukewin did you get gift receipts or just use the original ones.[/QUOTE]

In my case, I just used the original receipt for the exchange and had no problems whatsoever.

[quote name='Josef']In my case, I just used the original receipt for the exchange and had no problems whatsoever.[/quote]

Does it matter that my receipt shows that I did the promo?

[quote name='speedrunner17']Does it matter that my receipt shows that I did the promo?[/QUOTE]

It didn't for me. I suppose if you get a real anal employee he might question it. But I've done it three times without question so far.

[quote name='Josef']It didn't for me. I suppose if you get a real anal employee he might question it. But I've done it three times without question so far.[/quote]

Oh ok. Thanks for the info. I guess its time to make some money or credit back.

[quote name='speedrunner17']
And Lukewin did you get gift receipts or just use the original ones.[/quote]

I have always used the original receipts. They don't say anything. I tell them I paid with trade in credit, and just want credit back. They just check to see that the games are on the receipt, I don't think they pay attention to the amount of trade in credit for each game.

I think GS might be on to me with regards to this deal. I used this deal to get Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party last week. When I returned it today, the store would only give me back $30 in credit as opposed to the $50 that the game was worth. The CSR actually called his DM to ask him how to deal with this return. He knew that the game had been purchased using the promo and probably knew that I was trying to cash in on the deal.

I'm just glad that I got the game price adjusted earlier in the week (game dropped to $40 last Friday). I ended up losing $10 in credit as opposed to $20. I was going to do one more round with this promo, but I think I'm done. This deal has moderately padded my GS credit, but I'm glad to be done with it.

[quote name='RCS0926']I think GS might be on to me with regards to this deal. I used this deal to get Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party last week. When I returned it today, the store would only give me back $30 in credit as opposed to the $50 that the game was worth. The CSR actually called his DM to ask him how to deal with this return. He knew that the game had been purchased using the promo and probably knew that I was trying to cash in on the deal.

I'm just glad that I got the game price adjusted earlier in the week (game dropped to $40 last Friday). I ended up losing $10 in credit as opposed to $20. I was going to do one more round with this promo, but I think I'm done. This deal has moderately padded my GS credit, but I'm glad to be done with it.[/quote]

I would assume that it's because you used the original $50 receipt to try to return it. The original receipt would show that it's already been returned, thru your price adjustment to $40. I think if you would've used the $40 price adjusted receipt, you might've gotten $40 back.

[quote name='lukewin']I would assume that it's because you used the original $50 receipt to try to return it. The original receipt would show that it's already been returned, thru your price adjustment to $40. I think if you would've used the $40 price adjusted receipt, you might've gotten $40 back.[/quote]

The return and the price adjustment were handled on the same receipt. That might have something to do it, but all the same, I think I'm done with this promo. I'll definitely lay low next week, and if the promo is still going on the following week, I might give it one more shot.

There's no way they can really question it. You gave them something of value -- 2 games. They chose to increase the trade in value of those games for this promotion. Unless they are willing to return your two games -- which by their own trade agreement is impossible then they have to return you the full amount.

I only took advantage of this 4 times, and only had a similar issue on one transaction. As soon as I pointed this out they immediately agreed with me and issued the refund, in full, with no more questions.

[quote name='daminion']There's no way they can really question it. You gave them something of value -- 2 games. They chose to increase the trade in value of those games for this promotion. Unless they are willing to return your two games -- which by their own trade agreement is impossible then they have to return you the full amount.

I only took advantage of this 4 times, and only had a similar issue on one transaction. As soon as I pointed this out they immediately agreed with me and issued the refund, in full, with no more questions.[/quote]

This was the 5th time I had taken advantage of this promo. The first 2 times were when the promo was REALLY sweet. I decided not to press the issue. I lost $10 in credit, but it was free money anyway due to all the flips I've been doing over the past month. I might get my $10 back my doing this deal one more time in a couple of weeks, but I'm over it already.

[quote name='Thedrknss48']I haven't checked my local Gamestop yet, but where are the flyers supposed to be? On the windows or on the counter?[/quote]

I've seen stores with fliers on the counter, fliers on a display stating the deal, and no fliers at all.

Two pieces of info. Whether it was correct or not, I was told that the promo will end after tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if this was wrong, but I felt I had an obligation to fellow CAGs to report that.

Also, there was a lot of debate about SCH and whether or not the extra money would still get credited, it does. I got the extra 11 bucks or so.

[quote name='gi60']I just called (spoke with a good manager) and the promo is still valid for at least another 2 weeks.[/quote]

The promo probably ends on 2/8 as originally reported.

[quote name='RCS0926']The promo probably ends on 2/8 as originally reported.[/quote]

Yeah, I went to the store today (to return a game) where the guy told me that the promo was ending on Sunday and they still had the promo sheet on the counter. As I said in my previous post, I had a feeling that guy was probably wrong.

I just there and traded some games so it's confirmed. The cranium bukkake is 15.40 after bonus. I'll remember this cranium kabooki as one of the great flip game.

Just a heads up that a lot of those DS games were dropped to $19.99 recently. So they become free after trade in of 2 DS titles now.

[quote name='Josef']Just a heads up that a lot of those DS games were dropped to $19.99 recently. So they become free after trade in of 2 DS titles now.[/QUOTE]

all the games went back to 29.99 on the ds side that was down to 19.99

can anyone confirm this is still running. Figured it might have ended on Sunday when the last 3/$10 bonus was supposed to end. TIA.

I just used this deal yesterday and traded in a defective Wii Sports I got from GS online and a copy of Red Steel I got from goozex. Picked up Cooking Mama: World Kitchen (Wii).

bread's done
Back