GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully we start getting 50% bonuses on trades towards Amazon credit if they're making it easier, just take out the middle man known as preorders!!

Amazon cash barcode, wut? I feel so dumb right now I don't understand what he's saying. Oh my amazon account or my gamestop one? Lol this seems so Ill advised but I love it.

hopefully gamestop informs their employees on how to do the Amazon cash thing. I did it a little while back at cvs (to get the free $10 promo) and had to explain all the steps and what is was for.

either way, too risky since you would need to tell them exactly what you're doing, which is adding money to your amazon account. they will be confused on why they're scanning a random Barcode on your phone. pretty sure they're not gonna like the sound of that since competitor lol.

I would still do the gift cards unless no stores in your area has them.

for those who don't know what amazon cash is

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=14583169011

basically you scan a Barcode and it adds money directly to your gift balance. takes out step of having to get a gift card and redeeming.

Also useful for others to add money to your account since it's unique Barcode that you can share. good for like parents to add money to kids account without the extra gift card step.

mainly convenience

So basically we can put our flips straight into amazon credit now, no card needed.

I smell a trap. Not falling for it.
I know this is a repost but found the animated gif of it lol

706cee6bc7dcbc5ed213990d3392289c.gif

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if the Amazon barcode thing would work for stores that don't carry Amazon gc then?  My local store doesn't carry them.  And the other closest store around me will not allow me to use trade credit for them.  Manager claimed they are in the process of blocking it in the POS system.  I said if it isn't blocked yet, why can't you do it?  And he said he doesn't want to. 

so is anyone else experiencing issues redeeming for powerup rewards certificates?

I try to place an order and it says can not place order at this time.

I bought something and traded something yesterday to verify I'm not banned. I called in and they told me this is an issue beihg reported and gave me 5000 courtesy points, and said my account was verified and active.

I asked when I should try to redeem again, they said keep trying everyday over the next week.

So..anyone have any idea what's actually going on?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
4 i mean 5, i mean fire!!

Classic Moss!

In case of golf/fire call this number

0118 999 881 999 119 725.....3

I pass both stores on my way home. It wasn't out of the way for me. Just turning into a parking lot and 10 minutes.

But excuse me for those of you making $60/hour in your mom's basements.
Ah yes I haven't heard this commentary in a while. Thanks for reminding me of it. And also thank you for sharing the elaborate stories of the $9.00 you made on your way home. Good luck to you and to any parking lots you drive to.

Sorry for being that guy that asks this type of question, but can you use a reward certificate to buy XBL credit? It says no gift cards in the small print but I wasn't sure if that counted.

You use the amazon cash barcode on your account and can use your trade credit to pay for it.
These junior detectives that won't let you buy Amazon credit with trade credit are gonna lose their fucking minds at this

I'm wondering if the Amazon barcode thing would work for stores that don't carry Amazon gc then? My local store doesn't carry them. And the other closest store around me will not allow me to use trade credit for them. Manager claimed they are in the process of blocking it in the POS system. I said if it isn't blocked yet, why can't you do it? And he said he doesn't want to.
Amazon cash is a partnership deal with gas stations and other stores where you can give the store cash and have it applied to your Amazon wallet. It's for people who don't want to shop online with credit cards or don't use credit cards.

The GameStop implementation will work the same way it just will allow you to use trade credit as tender for the "reload" of your Amazon wallet.

I doubt that GameStop will care because they get a small kickback as part of the partnership and it drives trade ins which are inherently profitable for them as well.

Junior detectives should keep it in their pants and let the normal rules about trade in limits and trade values set by corporate do their jobs.

Sorry for being that guy that asks this type of question, but can you use a reward certificate to buy XBL credit? It says no gift cards in the small print but I wasn't sure if that counted.
No but you can directly spend PUR points on XBL credit in $3 (3,900 points) or $10 (11,500 points) denominations. Same goes for PSN credit.

So is battlefront part of the 4 for $20? Cant find the list. If true then theyd make great credit movers to best buy even though itll just be $20.

Has anybody tried using a birthday coupon with the $5 Kongregate coupon? Do they stack?
im assuming they should because it's two different coupons. of course an employee might not let you still

my birthday is this month too so i plan on trying both coupons eventually, just gotta find a game i want that's worth it.

The problem with the Amazon cash deal is going to be no different than the gift cards, if you are paying cash no problem but if it is credit then you get a JD going captain save a hoe mode.

It's only for clearance collectibles, 99% sure that's not classified as a collectible
Hate to be that guy, but its even ymmv on things that actually are "marked" as clearance and are collectibles, I was doing another 4/20 thing, and I saw some suicide-squad pins marked as clearance real cheap, so I grabbed 2, not being greedy, still some left, the items did not ring up as 1 for half off, the junior detective goth chick absolutely would not budge on doing anything, I gave up after a couple of questions went vaguely ineptly answered essentially saying its not all clearance collectibles, even though the signs says all clearance collectibles, ironically I stopped at a different spot, grabbed the same 2 items, guy musta been new, or hasn't yet drank the cool-aide, but he immediately says, they didn't scan right, let me go ahead and fix that for you.

Last week my local store had big printed out signs around the clearance collectible section saying the were buy 1 get 1 free. When I brought the stuff up to be checked out the store manager said they had to be manually discounted. I don't know if clearance sales are different store to store though as I didn't see the same signs up in 3 other stores around the same time.

My apologies if this has already been discussed: today I went to make a purchase at gamestop and noticed the employee pulled up my account on the computer and his tablet. He made no effort to hide what was on the tablet's screen and it showed my pur points and total trade credit. I thought if you didn't link trade credit to account then it wouldn't be visible? I like keeping my credit on multiple cards so my balance doesn't appear so high but this just exposes how much I have. Not cool

My apologies if this has already been discussed: today I went to make a purchase at gamestop and noticed the employee pulled up my account on the computer and his tablet. He made no effort to hide what was on the tablet's screen and it showed my pur points and total trade credit. I thought if you didn't link trade credit to account then it wouldn't be visible? I like keeping my credit on multiple cards so my balance doesn't appear so high but this just exposes how much I have. Not cool
Does it? I always noticed my trade credit says $0.00 in the app even if I have trade credit cards. There's a way to link them (not that I'd want to lol).

Anyone got an email from GameStop that has a buy 2 get 1 coupon? Just got the email that has a birthday coupon, as well as a b2g1 coupon that shows expiration of 7/31/17. I can see the birthday coupon on the site and in the app, but when I clicked on the b2g1 coupon, it doesn't seem to exist yet. Will keep you guys posted if anything change.

Quick question, how do you guys view BlackBeard's spreadsheet on phone? It shows up in Google drive but forever says loading and the font and everything is so tiny and can't pinch in and zoom either. Also does saving the excel sheet in drive show the updated version every time?

Anyone got an email from GameStop that has a buy 2 get 1 coupon? Just got the email that has a birthday coupon, as well as a b2g1 coupon that shows expiration of 7/31/17. I can see the birthday coupon on the site and in the app, but when I clicked on the b2g1 coupon, it doesn't seem to exist yet. Will keep you guys posted if anything change.
yup, my email shows my 20% birthday coupon and a b2g1 as well. but not in my active offers. it's probably gamestop system wonky again just like with the $15 certificate emails.

Does it? I always noticed my trade credit says $0.00 in the app even if I have trade credit cards. There's a way to link them (not that I'd want to lol).
It should only show on the app or tablet if you carry it on your PUR card.

yeah, I thought their in-store tablet just shows exactly what you would normally see on your own phone app?

yeah, I thought their in-store tablet just shows exactly what you would normally see on your own phone app?
I thought so too. The app doesn't have my trade credit but the tablet in store most certainly had that information. You guys are making me nervous now. Lol

Quick question, how do you guys view BlackBeard's spreadsheet on phone? It shows up in Google drive but forever says loading and the font and everything is so tiny and can't pinch in and zoom either. Also does saving the excel sheet in drive show the updated version every time?
I just let it load, and at least on my phone, landscape mode lets me drag it around.

another thing I do is view on pc and screenshot the relevant pages before I go out.

Didn't they give out a 50% trade in bonus coupon for those that renewed for past ones and B2G1 sales. I say give it a chance. I am hoping for a 50% bonus coupon for renewal.
I am hoping for last gen b2g1 free, need to round out my ps3 jrpgs collection and hope for wii, ds, and 360 flips. a sale on used consoles wouldn't be bad either.

I just let it load, and at least on my phone, landscape mode lets me drag it around.

another thing I do is view on pc and screenshot the relevant pages before I go out.
I see, maybe I should just re add it to my G Drive. I was hoping for a more permanent solution for using it mobile rather than accessing it on the computer every time. Thanks for the advice, I'll try landscape mode and see if I can pan around.

Just a heads up UFC 2 and FIFA 17 are DOTD at BB for 15.99 with GCU. If u want to stock up on some copies for This months stealth bump. Who knows if they will have one for these 2 but just in case I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back