GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't get taxed when buying a GC, you get taxed on the purchase with the GC if it's taxable.
Right, so think of it this way.

For a MSRP $50 game, I only need $50 in GS store credit to buy the game (no tax on GS store credit for me).

However, if I instead buy a $50 eBay gift card with the GS store credit, then turn it into a $50 Best Buy gift card, I would then need to add like $4 in tax to buy the same $50 MSRP game at Best Buy.

Yes, I know Best Buy has GCU and better deals blah blah blah ... but that's besides the point. You are losing the tax advantage when you turn your GS store credit to a BB gift card (once again, only for certain states).

Right, so think of it this way.

For a MSRP $50 game, I only need $50 in GS store credit to buy the game (no tax on GS store credit for me).

However, if I instead buy a $50 eBay gift card with the GS store credit, then turn it into a $50 Best Buy gift card, I would then need to add like $4 in tax to buy the same $50 MSRP game at Best Buy.

Yes, I know Best Buy has GCU and better deals blah blah blah ... but that's besides the point. You are losing the tax advantage when you turn your GS store credit to a BB gift card (once again, only for certain states).
80% + Tax rate < 100%

Even in Alabama where the tax rate is 13.5% it's still 9.2% cheaper.

If I was still a hooker, this is how I'd do it:

paypal-hands2.jpg

Of course, then I'd have to deal with both Paypal and my pimp getting a cut.

What's everyone buy eBay gc's for with credit? Am I missing something?
I do it so I have access to getting Best Buy / Target / TRU etc. gift cards that they sell on eBay. I also use them to roll extra $ whenever they do a 5% off eBay GC deal or whenever theres a 4x eBay bucks deal happening.

I have noticed that male empoyees are the 1's shutting me down on buying gift cards with trade in credit. I always look for a semi-attractive female worker and they seem not to care or notice that I'm buying gift cards with credit. Or maybe I'm ugly and they don't notice me at all lol

Yep, I remember seeing that cat gif and then it was gone.

Anyone going to stay up to see if the prices change over or wait till tomorrow morning?
I've not been sleeping well at all, so I'll be up a few hours.

Like, I go to bed and try to rest but the entire time I am conscious, but asleep.

No point in staying up since they're not open over night.
I remember a local Gamestop near my college which was doing so well financially, the DM had them on Christmas hours year round.

Anyone ever have problems placing orders on the gamestop website?  I been trying to buy wiis for a couple weeks now and they just keep saying there is a problem with the order.  I have credit and want to get more from this 50% bonus but I cant buy what i need.  

Anyone ever have problems placing orders on the gamestop website? I been trying to buy wiis for a couple weeks now and they just keep saying there is a problem with the order. I have credit and want to get more from this 50% bonus but I cant buy what i need.
You're banned. I got banned for using them as a drop shipper a few times. lol it eventually goes away.

I even logged out and used my cousins name and address cause I figured that was the issue.  with no luck still

Save 20% on games at Best Buy, yeah I'll pay tax for that savings.
Obviously I only use my GS store credit when GS has the best deal for a game I want to buy. I would never buy a GS if it was cheaper at BB, store credit or no store credit.

For example, I bought 3 Xbox One's preowned with a B2G1 coupon for $500 total at GS last month. Used up all my store credit to do it. I would have had to pay out of pocket (with taxes) if I had converted all my GS credit to BB gift cards beforehand. So yes, GS credit does have its uses and you just need to spend wisely and not overdo it with the transferring.

They don't stack. Been confirmed already. Sorry.
We had this discussion yesterday, where I said it didn't stack at the time as well.

However, that may or may not be the case now that it is officially live and not just employee only.

Still it is quite doubtful.

OFF TOPIC: I didn't realize your icon was Hank Venture till the earlier discussion and feel so oblivious

We had this discussion yesterday, where I said it didn't stack at the time as well.

However, that may or may not be the case now that it is officially live and not just employee only.

Still it is quite doubtful.

OFF TOPIC: I didn't realize your icon was Hank Venture till the earlier discussion and feel so oblivious
It won't stack. I don't know why people never learn that this deals almost never, ever stack so don't expect it. The last deal i remember stacking as Batman when they 50% coupon was active and you got an extra $5-$10 if you bought something when trading in batman.

It won't stack. I don't know why people never learn that this deals almost never, ever stack so don't expect it. The last deal i remember stacking as Batman when they 50% coupon was active and you got an extra $5-$10 if you bought something when trading in batman.
As I said doubtful, but never hurts to try.

Well here is hoping the prices update soon. Sorry if noob question but are ya'll saying the prices won't update till the stores open tomorrow?

There appears to be fine print

2qsun3l.jpg
The final item on the list so true.

I remember asking a Manager as to why they have to gut the new games to make a shelf copy when they could just make a Dummy box for all their new games....(1 per game)
Her reply was "Where would we get all those spare boxes!?"
I looked around, and wanted to face palm at the 20 dummy boxes of MW3 for pre-order purposes...

Prices have probably already updated. Expect that to last only 1-2 days though!
Ahh ok, there are two I'm watching and they haven't changed yet. That is why I was wondering. And yeah you are 100% right about them not staying that price. I usually try to go in the first two days like you mentioned. Thanks

The final item on the list so true.

I remember asking a Manager as to why they have to gut the new games to make a shelf copy when they could just make a Dummy box for all their new games....(1 per game)
Her reply was "Where would we get all those spare boxes!?"
I looked around, and wanted to face palm at the 20 dummy boxes of MW3 for pre-order purposes...
Not like a manager has any choice in the matter. You inquiry would have been better for corporate execs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back