General E3 impressions thus far...

A

Apossum

This is just a general thread for your cumulative opinions...dump em here as the show goes on.

(read: don't get all pissy and think I'm trying to proclaim the solid truth ;) )

1. Are Sony and MS still game companies? Live Anywhere...yes, I just HAVE to know who is on live at all times, thanks MS, my life has improved 100 fold.

2. Karaoke? ....just no.

3. honk

4. it's too expensive but I'll get it when the price drops. was gonna get it on launch but....

5. ...Nintendo is back. I doubted them for a while. Since the N64, they've been weak. The DS was a great step, but now the Wii looks all poised to rock faces and recapture Nintendo's missing market share. I hear if you rub Reggie's mini-fro, he grants you a wish.

Game of the Show so far:

Tie: MGS4 and Super Paper Mario (go check out the screens and video in ye olde abandoned and haunted gamecube forum.)

Worst ideas:

--the PS3 controller-- we all know they put less than a year's worth of R+D into it. it also doesn't rumble, which is minor but sucks.

--2 versions of Zelda (drop the cube version. Nintendo is just too nice.)

--Live Anywhere.

--Sony and MS trying their damndest to tack on all this extra crap to their consoles, thus making them too expensive.

--Karaoke.

You might as well have just posted this in the Nintendo forum...

Microsoft's goal is, and has been with the 360, for total entertainment and connection/connectivity not just gaming. Everything they've done seems to further that.

Sony's just trying to do too much with their system by making it have all the features of the revolution and the 360.

Nintendo drops the cube version and they lose all respect from me, personally. I know that may not matter but their lame treatment of the world outside Japan has already eroded my opinion and I have a feeling I'm not alone.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You might as well have just posted this in the Nintendo forum...

[/QUOTE]

why?

[quote name='Apossum']why?[/QUOTE]

Come on, don't bullshit a bullshitter. You and I both know why, your entire post is just a way to point out Nintendo's new direction. I'm not criticizing it but on the same hand, its not like its not noticable.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Come on, don't bullshit a bullshitter. You and I both know why, your entire post is just a way to point out Nintendo's new direction. I'm not criticizing it but on the same hand, its not like its not noticable.[/QUOTE]

I swear, I'm not getting paid to do this. maybe it was a bad post though, with these forums being so on edge lately. :p

seriously, I just figured there's a lot to take in at E3, so here's a thread where people can just spout out whatever about it and be as biased as they want.

[quote name='Apossum']I swear, I'm not getting paid to do this. maybe it was a bad post though, with these forums being so on edge lately. :p

seriously, I just figured there's a lot to take in at E3, so here's a thread where people can just spout out whatever about it and be as biased as they want.[/QUOTE]

While I can agree that Nintendo certainly looks like this could provide for a strong showing by them in the next gen I think your downplaying Microsoft's announcements.

Live anywhere really isn't much but Halo 3 and GTA IV were pretty big in addition to some of the other various things they announced. I think what was truly surprising from Microsoft is that they actually had a decent amount of stuff to talk about given the fact that no one was expecting much out of them.

Let's see

PS3 controller - Lame. Takes out what respect I had for Sony. Crappy design, ripped off ideas, what more do I need to say.

PS3 - Trying to do way to much. Going far and away from its roots. fucking $600 price tag is absolutely fucking insane. Who in the hell are they going to try marketing that to? If I wanted I'd take that money (if i had it) and invest it into the ultimate gaming rig (AKA a decked out souped up Pimped PC)

Wii - Skeptical at first, but after the videos and the conferrence and everything that has happened I have really been swayed. Even the name doesn't bother me anymore, though it is fun to say and I still get a chuckle out of it

Nintendo - They seem to know what they're doing again and seem to have a much focused direction in terms of the gaming and more specifically the console wars. They also seem to be getting more of that perfect mix of more adult oriented games, while still maintening a system/console that can be played by all ages.

Reggie Fils-Aime (AKA the Regginator AKA Reggie "Kicks Ass, Takes Names" Fils-Aime) really seems like he knows what he's doing at Nintendo.

Halo 3 - Wow so meh. Again a nothing special game that will get over blown and over hyped. Yippee, I can hear the fanboys calling already.

Gears of War - fuck yaeh! Now that's gonna be the game that sells the Xbox for me, oh and the fact that I'm going to need a second pillar to my Wii in this next/gen.

GTA IV - After three iterations of mostly the same, I'm still shocked to see it selling so well.

MGS IV - Just freakin' cool. Sadly it will be on the PS3. *le sigh*

EA - Hmm...nice to see them trying to invest in some new IP for the next gen that will probably over-sequeled (to tired at the moment to think of the correct word) by them. Hey, it's a shot in the right direction for them at least. But again, sigh, they still have Madden.

Hmmm let's see what else have I missed oh yaeh, basically Nintendo has stolen the show so far.

Pretty moot so far except for the controller speaker. Didn't see that coming. I wonder if the GCN version of Zelda: TP will be on the Wii disc. I mean you could just put in a GCN controller and then replay it with Wii controls later or vice versa.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']While I can agree that Nintendo certainly looks like this could provide for a strong showing by them in the next gen I think your downplaying Microsoft's announcements.

[/QUOTE]

it's alright, my opinion really doesn't matter :lol: Alan Wake sounds interesting and DoAX2 looks fun and creepy (limbo anyone?) Lumines live was unexpected and definitely an awesome surprise. It'll be the first thing I dl when I get a 360.

other than that, I'm just waiting for that NG2 announcement...next year.

Microsoft

- Glad to see they are getting GTA 4 right from the start

- Live anywhere doesn't mean anything to me, but neat idea I guess

- They did a great job providing the marketplace with E3 info, just too bad SOO many people were trying to download things at once

- Halo 3 = :drool:

Nintendo

- The Wii is so charming

- The classic controller has such a sweet design

- Nintendo seems to be doing everything right again

- Graphics = meh on some games

- Where's my SSB??

Sony

- MGS4 Looks AMAZING :drool:

- So does FF XIII

- Price WAAAAAAY to high, will drive away the casual fans that pushed Sony into the number 1 spot these past 2 generations

- Stealing ideas = :shame:

PS3 = Boring presentation. Thought I stumbled on Sony's answer to iTunes for a while. The Gran Turismo boring is the type of stuff that make people stab themselves in the eye. Boring, expensive, copying everything.. ugh. MGS4 and FFXIII look amazing, but the price of it sucks. And what the hell was with that "Connect the PS3 to the PSP for a rear view mirror" shit? Like someone's going to use that useless feature. My favorite part was how they introduced everything for the PSP.. interactive maps, flash based shit, more applications.. WHERE WERE THE GAMES?

XBox = Okay, I guess. More "big brother" connectivity shit that's unneeded. More sequels. The only "new" thing introduced was Viva Pinata and Alan Wake. Way excited for the latter.

Nintendo = fuck yeah! Blew my socks off. Older games and new franchises, beyond hyped for that controller and level of interactiveness.. bring on the Wii!

heres my impression

fuck Activision, putting Call Of Duty 3 exclusively on consoles, dumbing it down, and pulling Infinity Ward ist just bullshit

[quote name='Kuma']heres my impression

fuck Activision, putting Call Of Duty 3 exclusively on consoles, dumbing it down, and pulling Infinity Ward ist just bullshit[/QUOTE]

ok thanks

Sony
+ MGS4...
+ No more boomerang controller!
+ PS3 doesn't cost as much as those crazy $700+ estimates
+ Fantastic looking games
+ HDD packed in
- Two different hardware packages, same SKU?:whistle2:?
- As the console market leader, the best they could do is copy the competition rather than out-do it?
- $500 is still a lot
- FFXIII... how's this series still called Final Fantasy? It's nothing like what origins of the series
- Little to no love shown for the PS2/PSP besides GoW2 and the MGS title. I can understand the PSP but didn't Sony say the PS2 should easily survive 10 years (and with 80 million installed base, that's very feasible)?

Nintendo
+ Games look like they'll be a fun as fuck
+ Some great look exclusives: Red STEEL, Mario Galaxy, MP3
+ DS line-up is godlike
+ Still supporting the GC (shockingly)
+ Wi-Fi always on
+ Remote speaker (amazing potential with sound)
- No price?!
- Many Wii games look no better than GC games
- Uh... Duck Hunt Wii?
- No GBA love, except for 1 Pokemon game?
- Little mention of Wii online capabilities

Microsoft:
+ Halo 3!! Woot! Woot! Woot!
+ 160 titles by the year's end
+ Lumines Live!
+ Gears of War, Forza 2
- Nothing all that exciting since the system's already out

Am I missing something about MGS4? The trailer was kind of lame. Graphics weren't that amazing and the whole confusing bullshit metaphysics stuff got old in 2, and now that's all we get?

[quote name='Tromack']Am I missing something about MGS4? The trailer was kind of lame. Graphics weren't that amazing and the whole confusing bullshit metaphysics stuff got old in 2, and now that's all we get?[/QUOTE]

What? Come on... MGS4 is easily the best looking next gen title or I think so anyway. Sure the trailer left a lot of questions, but you can't expect Kojima to give away all the secrets.:)

[quote name='Vinny']Sony
+ PS3 doesn't cost as much as those crazy $700+ estimates

[/QUOTE]

Are you out of your mind?

Right now for me... the show is like this:

Nintendo Wii > XBOX 360 > PlayStation 3

The PS3 and 360 are both around the same for me. MS has very AMBITIOUS goals and have announced killer titles that are sure to get everyone O_O!? Fable 2, Halo 3, GTA IV(Also on PS3). That's some good shit to look forward to.

PS3 has Tekken which we all love.

[quote name='Fire']GTA IV - After three iterations of mostly the same, I'm still shocked to see it selling so well.

MGS IV - Just freakin' cool. Sadly it will be on the PS3. *le sigh*[/quote]

:lol: I don't think I'd have found it as funny if they weren't posted right next to each other.

Having not watched the Microsoft conference yet, is there anything that warrants watching that can't just be explained in text?

Well there goes the idea of us CAGs with the new price point for sony. Will get nintendo for sure but i am out of the consoles this generation now stick to my PC for games otherwise.

[quote name='Vinny']What? Come on... MGS4 is easily the best looking next gen title or I think so anyway. Sure the trailer left a lot of questions, but you can't expect Kojima to give away all the secrets.:)[/quote]
Heh, I thought the trailer was ok. It had some decent writing and direction, but it was a lot of fan service. Also, we haven't seen any gameplay yet! I bet I could make a really pretty FMV trailer for the PS3 too.

Well, I couldn't...but Konami could.

I'm waiting to see how it plays before I get too excited.

[quote name='Genocidal']Having not watched the Microsoft conference yet, is there anything that warrants watching that can't just be explained in text?[/quote]
Meh, not really. Bill Gates gives a long and boring presentation. Just watch some Gears of War gameplay videos and the Halo trailer, and read a summary.

Honestly, E3 this year has been a bit depressing.

Yes, Nintendo is stealing the show with me too. This could be my first "next-gen" system.

I'm pretty sure it won't be long until I own an Xbox 360. I might have to suck t up eventually and join Xbox Live also.

I almost with the PS3 didn't have any games that I was interested in. I won't pay $600 for a top of the line version of the system. Yes, I could do it, but $400 seems high to me, $600 is on the other side of the line for me. What I'm wondering is, starting at $600, how long until I can get the system for $250 or $300. Would I even want to play MGSIV and FFXIII by the time I'll pay for the system? Of course, the answer is yes, but still.

I hate to say this, but I'm rooting for a commercial flop for the PS3. I hope you can find it on the shelves all through Christmas. I know it won't happen, but I'm hoping.

[quote name='lordxixor101']Honestly, E3 this year has been a bit depressing.

[/QUOTE]

I am right there with you. I knew that gaming would eventually pass me by and this E3 drove that point home. I am excited about the Wii and it will be my first console of next gen because it will deliver what I want it to; a unique gaming experience. I have no interest in having (or paying for) a complete home media center like Microsoft and Sony are trying to push out. For me, it is still about the games. Hopefully, Nintendo will be rewarded for their innovation this fall.

[quote name='Kuma']heres my impression

fuck Activision, putting Call Of Duty 3 exclusively on consoles, dumbing it down, and pulling Infinity Ward ist just bullshit[/QUOTE]

Is this true?

I saw it wasn't listed for the PC on Gametrailers, but I had just thought that they made some kind of mistake.

If so, I agree with you, fuck Activision. Call of Duty started and was made popular on the PC, at least keep it on the PC, espically if you're porting it to 800 other systems.

[quote name='evilmax17']
Meh, not really. Bill Gates gives a long and boring presentation. Just watch some Gears of War gameplay videos and the Halo trailer, and read a summary.[/QUOTE]

Live Anywhere was amazing, and was easily better then the rest of the entire presentation.

If they can pull it off, Microsoft will have pulled off something grand, something far grander then Gears of War or Halo 3.

[quote name='Roufuss']If so, I agree with you, fuck Activision. Call of Duty started and was made popular on the PC, at least keep it on the PC, espically if you're porting it to 800 other systems.[/QUOTE]
Welcome to Rainbow Six territory.

[quote name='botticus']Welcome to Rainbow Six territory.[/QUOTE]

Screw Rainbox Six, it got crappy anyways. :p

At least they still bring us Ghost Recon.

I just wonder why CoD 3 got pulled from the PC... did CoD 2 bomb so badly or something (on the PC)?

[quote name='Roufuss']Screw Rainbox Six, it got crappy anyways :p

At least they still bring us Ghost Recon.[/QUOTE]
:D But not until it got console-crazy.

[quote name='whoknows']MGS4

Need I say more?[/QUOTE]

yes, please. Go on.

Snake's so depressed to be on PS3 only that he shoots himself.. jeez.

J/K

What i'm not kidding about was the underwhelming graphics for MGS4. They look like they've been scaled back a bit from E3 2005, in my opinion. I also don't like the characters.. they don't look right.. or recognizable as those classic characters. Halo 3 was a much more impressive trailer, and fully in-game, as well.

I just cannot wait for the Wii.. almost everything shown for it looks fun and has been a positive impression with me. The 360 is looking good too with some games that are really showing its power. I think there was another media briefing, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='Roufuss']Live Anywhere was amazing, and was easily better then the rest of the entire presentation.

If they can pull it off, Microsoft will have pulled off something grand, something far grander then Gears of War or Halo 3.[/quote]

Only if you care about crap like that.

[quote name='Roufuss']Live Anywhere was amazing, and was easily better then the rest of the entire presentation.

If they can pull it off, Microsoft will have pulled off something grand, something far grander then Gears of War or Halo 3.[/QUOTE]

Live Anywhere has me scared, specifically for what it may do to FPS's on the 360. If PC users are now able to play against 360 users, multiplayer matches will become severely unbalanced.

I have faith that Microsoft knows what their doing and will work to prevent this from happening, but still - it has got me scared.

I would hope there's an option that allows you to only play against people on the same platform as you, but I agree, it could become terribly unbalanced -- just look at Quake 3, where DC players could play against those on the PC.

M$ - There announcements didn't really impress me. I don't like FPS's or GTA so those two big games mean nothing to me. Microsoft Live anywhere seems a bit pointless. If you spend that much time worrying about your gamer score you need a life. Live arcade has some decent stuff coming but I'm not sure how good Street Fighter II would be with that controller. With the price though I am considering picking up a 360 over a PS3. The only problem is I have 2 generations of games that would be playable on the PS3. Ugh...ever feel trapped?

Sony - I'm actually suprised at how excitied everyone is for MGS4. It looks great and I'm sure it will be a good game but what's new? The graphics will be good but what else are you giving us? Besides the lame attempt at motion control you also get sequel heaven. Tekken, VF, DMC so on and so forth. Just like LIVE their online seems to want to find a way to get me to spend more money. That's what has been keeping me away from LIVE. The PSP showing was lackluster...a new MGS sounded good until they said it would be squad based. The PS1 game on the PSP was laughable. Look everyone RIDGE RACER! See I'm playing Ridge Racer! It would have helped if they showed Metal Gear Solid or Final Fantasy VII playing on it. The price tag sucks. I don't need 1080p, a blue ray player, or my console to make pancakes. At least with the hard drive we should get better load times (hopefully!). I may really wait until this system is $200 or less.

Nintendo - New controller looks fun with Tennis, Baseball, and some of the other games. I'm not too sure how great it will be with Zelda and Mario. Time will tell I guess. The DS showing was slick as hell. Starfox and Yoshi have me pumped. Super Paper Mario was a nice suprise and looks like it will be a lot of fun. The Wii is going to have an amazing amount of games and encompass every single generation since the NES. I may never need another console.

The biggest attraction to MGS for me is the story. Seeing Snake with a gun in his mouth and that whole creepy post-apocalyptic setting gave me the chills. I'm also a few hours from beating 3 and am going to play through Substance again after, so I've been on a big MGS kick. (which reminds me, i need to get Twin Snakes to play on the Wii)

[quote name='jer7583']yes, please. Go on.

Snake's so depressed to be on PS3 only that he shoots himself.. jeez.

J/K

What i'm not kidding about was the underwhelming graphics for MGS4. They look like they've been scaled back a bit from E3 2005, in my opinion. I also don't like the characters.. they don't look right.. or recognizable as those classic characters. Halo 3 was a much more impressive trailer, and fully in-game, as well.

I just cannot wait for the Wii.. almost everything shown for it looks fun and has been a positive impression with me. The 360 is looking good too with some games that are really showing its power. I think there was another media briefing, but I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

I was with you until the Halo comment. The only trailer worse than the MGS4 trailer is the Halo 3 trailer.

[quote name='jkam']
Besides the lame attempt at motion control you also get sequel heaven. (Talking about PS 3's lineup)

Nintendo - New controller looks fun with Tennis, Baseball, and some of the other games. I'm not too sure how great it will be with Zelda and Mario. Time will tell I guess. The DS showing was slick as hell. Starfox and Yoshi have me pumped. Super Paper Mario was a nice suprise and looks like it will be a lot of fun. The Wii is going to have an amazing amount of games and encompass every single generation since the NES. I may never need another console.[/QUOTE]

Contradicting yourself?

Funny how people dog on Sony for all the sequels, yet Nintendo themselves is pumping out the sequels en masse.

Calling most Mario's (after NES, maybe SNES) sequels is like putting Snake into a GTA-style game and calling it MGS V.

I'll have to look into it to see what new stuff Virtua Fighter 5, et al. bring to the table.

[quote name='Roufuss']Contradicting yourself?

Funny how people dog on Sony for all the sequels, yet Nintendo themselves is pumping out the sequels en masse.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly...when Nintendo does a sequel they actually change the game, the gameplay, or elements within. Mario Wii will be like nothing before it. That was my whole point with MGS4...yes it looks great and I'll probably like it but what's new?

I'll call your bluff with Starfox and Yoshi...but Starfox is a personal favorite and yoshi is hands down one of the best games of all-time.

[quote name='botticus']Calling most Mario's (after NES, maybe SNES) sequels is like putting Snake into a GTA-style game and calling it MGS V.

I'll have to look into it to see what new stuff Virtua Fighter 5, et al. bring to the table.[/QUOTE]

When he meant Mario, I assumed he meant Mario Galaxy, which is a sequel to Mario Sunshine, which is a sequel to Mario 64, seeing as how all 3 are 3D platformers that all pretty much look the same. They can change some things, but its still a sequel, since it's not making nearly as big a jump as Super Mario Bros 3 ---> Super Mario 64 or GTA 2 ---> GTA 3.

For all we know, MGS 4 could totally change how MGS games are played, so simply calling it "just another sequel" while praising Nintendo seems a bit foolish.

Jkam, I can't say that I really agree with you at all.
[quote name='jkam']M$ - There announcements didn't really impress me. I don't like FPS's or GTA so those two big games mean nothing to me.[/quote]
Thats understandable, it's your opinion. As for myself, I don't like japanese RPGs.
[quote name='jkam']Microsoft Live anywhere seems a bit pointless. If you spend that much time worrying about your gamer score you need a life.[/quote]
Live Anywhere is much, much more than gamerscore. It enables real-time communication between xbox 360, pc and cell phones. It will also allow Vista users the capability to play online with 360 users which should in turn expand the Live community immensely.
[quote name='jkam']Live arcade has some decent stuff coming but I'm not sure how good Street Fighter II would be with that controller. With the price though I am considering picking up a 360 over a PS3. The only problem is I have 2 generations of games that would be playable on the PS3. Ugh...ever feel trapped?[/quote]
Live arcade has a shit load of good stuff coming. Street Fighter 2 is only a small piece of what is to come. Here is a list of what was announced.
  • Contra
  • Cloning Cycle
  • Cyberball
  • Defender
  • Frogger
  • Galaga
  • Heavy Weapon
  • HoopWorld
  • Lumines Live!
  • Mad Tracks
  • Mutant Storm Empire
  • Novadrome
  • Pac-Man
  • Roboblitz
  • Root Beer Tapper
  • Paperboy
  • Rally-X
  • Scramble
  • Small Arms
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting
  • Super Contra
  • Texas Hold 'Em
  • Time Pilot
  • Totemball
  • Track and Field
  • Ultra Mortal Kombat 3
  • Uno
[quote name='jkam']Sony - I'm actually suprised at how excitied everyone is for MGS4. It looks great and I'm sure it will be a good game but what's new? The graphics will be good but what else are you giving us?[/quote]
I don't think fans are really looking for something new. The Metal Gear Solid series is tried and true. What fans expect are some kick ass boss battles and a compelling, driving story. As for what they want, I'm sure it's simply closure - answers to the many questions that the previous games have created.
[quote name='jkam']Besides the lame attempt at motion control you also get sequel heaven. Tekken, VF, DMC so on and so forth.[/quote]
Did you even watch the conference? I'm guessing no. In that case, head over to gametrailers.com and check these titles out.
  • Coded Arms Assault
  • Eight Days
  • Eye of Judgement
  • Heavenly Sword
  • Lair
  • Monster Kingdom
  • Resistance
If anything, Sony should be criticized for not showing enough gameplay footage.
[quote name='jkam']Just like LIVE their online seems to want to find a way to get me to spend more money. That's what has been keeping me away from LIVE.[/quote]
If you are staying away from Xbox Live because it costs $50 a year than you truly are a cheap ass amongst cheap ass gamers. You have no idea the fun you are missing out on.
[quote name='jkam']Nintendo - New controller looks fun with Tennis, Baseball, and some of the other games. I'm not too sure how great it will be with Zelda and Mario. Time will tell I guess. The DS showing was slick as hell. Starfox and Yoshi have me pumped. Super Paper Mario was a nice suprise and looks like it will be a lot of fun. The Wii is going to have an amazing amount of games and encompass every single generation since the NES. I may never need another console.[/QUOTE]
While I can't really disagree with you here, I will await hearing more actual user reviews of the wii before I make any assumptions.

I'm amazed at how many killer titles they showed on the DS. Sure we all expected Mario Basketball, Castlevania, and Final Fantasy 3 but a new Kirby, localized Ouedan, DK vs Mario 2, and a new DK King of Swing? Fan-fucking-tastic!

Nintendo has pissed me off though. Double AA batteries in the Wii remote rather then a rechargable pack? What the hell?

In all honesty, I think Sony's price for the PS3 is justified if your in the market for a Blu-Ray player, but definitely not as a stand alone video game console. It's about on par with what a 360 plus HD DVD player would be at. I don't know if I'll be getting one at launch unless I can get 2-3 of them and be able to sell all but 1 off on eBay. The only games I am looking forward to are MGS4 and Assassin's Creed. Plus, the fact that you won't really see next-gen from PS3 until late 2007/early 2008 (when a majority of the developers start utilizing the blu-ray discs) really bothers me. The first year of PS3 games will probably be 95% DVD, 5% Blu-ray, and then gradually DVD will decrease and Blu-ray will increase.

Wii - Will buy at launch. They're having an awesome E3 so far. The press conference was awesome. Focused on the games and I am really looking forward to launch details.

360 - Things are looking up. Can't wait for Too Human, SC Double Agent, Gears of War, Halo 3, Dead Rising. Luminees Live really surprised me and I'm looking forward to that as well.

[quote name='Swift900']Jkam, I can't say that I really agree with you at all.

Thats understandable, it's your opinion. As for myself, I don't like japanese RPGs.

I don't like Japanese RPG's either...or any RPG's anymore.

Live Anywhere is much, much more than gamerscore. It enables real-time communication between xbox 360, pc and cell phones. It will also allow Vista users the capability to play online with 360 users which should in turn expand the Live community immensely.

The 360 + Vista users playing online would be cool but the whole cell phone thing seems silly to me.

Live arcade has a shit load of good stuff coming. Street Fighter 2 is only a small piece of what is to come. Here is a list of what was announced.
  • Contra
  • Cloning Cycle
  • Cyberball
  • Defender
  • Frogger
  • Galaga
  • Heavy Weapon
  • HoopWorld
  • Lumines Live!
  • Mad Tracks
  • Mutant Storm Empire
  • Novadrome
  • Pac-Man
  • Roboblitz
  • Root Beer Tapper
  • Paperboy
  • Rally-X
  • Scramble
  • Small Arms
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting
  • Super Contra
  • Texas Hold 'Em
  • Time Pilot
  • Totemball
  • Track and Field
  • Ultra Mortal Kombat 3
  • Uno

I agree I said there was a bunch of good stuff coming. I just don't know that I would want to play some of those games with that controller is all.

I don't think fans are really looking for something new. The Metal Gear Solid series is tried and true. What fans expect are some kick ass boss battles and a compelling, driving story. As for what they want, I'm sure it's simply closure - answers to the many questions that the previous games have created.

Yeah your'e probably right. I guess I just feel with each sequel the wow factor has kind of worn off. You know its coming.

Did you even watch the conference? I'm guessing no. In that case, head over to gametrailers.com and check these titles out.
  • Coded Arms Assault
  • Eight Days
  • Eye of Judgement
  • Heavenly Sword
  • Lair
  • Monster Kingdom
  • Resistance
If anything, Sony should be criticized for not showing enough gameplay footage.

I watched it and that's just it who knows what the real games will be like?

If you are staying away from Xbox Live because it costs $50 a year than you truly are a cheap ass amongst cheap ass gamers. You have no idea the fun you are missing out on.

No I'm not staying away from the $50 a year. I'm staying away because I see they are going to start charging you for game updates and all these little extras. Anyway to grab a buck.

While I can't really disagree with you here, I will await hearing more actual user reviews of the wii before I make any assumptions.[/QUOTE]

ok

[quote name='jkam']The 360 + Vista users playing online would be cool but the whole cell phone thing seems silly to me.[/quote]
I too think the ability to send / recieve messages on your cell phone may be a little excessive, but hey, I'll take all the added functionality MS wants to give me. Additionally, I think this feature will be much more popular with those who are very active in multiplayer gaming i.e. those gamers in clans where communication / organization play a big roll. Also, the ability to take the Live Arcade games you have downloaded off of Live onto your cell phone is pretty bad ass.... Now all I have to do is find the money to buy a phone capable of running those games lol.
[quote name='jkam']I agree I said there was a bunch of good stuff coming. I just don't know that I would want to play some of those games with that controller is all.[/quote]
You have lost me. You now agree with me that there are good Arcade games coming out for the 360 but you are not sure if you want to play them with the 360 controller. What the fuck? I can understand how a controller may not suit you if you a fighting game elitist, but there are what... only two fighting games listed? Sheesh.
[quote name='jkam']No I'm not staying away from the $50 a year. I'm staying away because I see they are going to start charging you for game updates and all these little extras. Anyway to grab a buck.[/quote]
First of all, no one is charging anyone for game updates... you need to check your sources. Second of all, developers have been offering a lot of free, quality content: various themes and gamerpics, cars for PGR 3, coop mode for Kameo, etc. Granted everything is not free, but what do you expect? Horse armor is not essential to the gameplay in Oblivion, additional multiplayer maps for Call of Duty 2 are not required to keep playing on Xbox Live - these things are offered by developers to prolong one's interest in a specific game, therefore they cost money.

bread's done
Back