General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
so anyone else taking advantage of the amazon trade at least $50 and get 50% off ur next game/accessory purchase to get an arcade stick?
hoping they get my games in soon so i can order a TE for super cheap

I plan on it, when does the promo end?

Im not even sure what to get, maybe KOF XII for free? 75 dollar tekken bundle? Half off a new TE or something!

[quote name='heavyd853']I plan on it, when does the promo end?

Im not even sure what to get, maybe KOF XII for free? 75 dollar tekken bundle? Half off a new TE or something![/QUOTE]

gotta shp ur games before july 11th and it looks like amazon is getting a steady supply of TEs this month so hopefully we'll all be able to snag one

im tempted to do another trade to get the T6 bundle or nba 2k10 CE(out of being a Lakers fan :cool:)

[quote name='eastx']Half off a new TE is a good idea, especially if you can stack an ECA code.[/QUOTE]

i hope they stack cuz atm id be payin $18 for a TE without code and if it does stack then :drool:

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so anyone else taking advantage of the amazon trade at least $50 and get 50% off ur next game/accessory purchase to get an arcade stick?
hoping they get my games in soon so i can order a TE for super cheap[/QUOTE]

fuck yeah, me.

Yeah, I'm kinda hesitant on KoF98 only because I don't have a good controller to play it on... and that I fear is going to make me super pissed off like SFIIHD did. Almost broke a controller because of that game.

AX tomorrow!! get hyped!!

I'm gonna try to enter SF4, BB, and GGAC as long as I dont hafta wait like 3 hours in Michael Jackson traffic in addition to the convention registration line :cry:

also the arcade is gonna have Tekken 6 BR!!! and DJ Max Technika too!!!

oh yeay! everyone on xbox needs to go download my BlazBlue replay from the leaderboards!!!

I beat a local GG player who kicked my ass major with his 100% win streak.

on the second match he had 2 losses, and I gave him his 3rd!!!!

shyt's maad hype!

Reference BlazBlue - Do you guys think that it is cheating to use the RS (right stick) to pull off special moves (when using the controller). I try not to use it, but sometimes when a move doesn't want to come out, I get really fuckin tempted... oh tell sometimes I just go ahead and use it. Also, if BB is used in a tournament, do you think that the rules will call for joysticks to be configured to ensure that the right stick can't be used for such inputs?

personally I dont mind it, we already have a shyt load of SF4 players on turbo.

at the end of the day, if u suck then u suck, but if that's what it takes to enjoy the game then go for it. The depth of BB's system doesnt give a player much of an advantage if theyre doing simple input moves coz chances are that's all they can really do.

and yes, in tourneys easy mode will be banned without question.

[quote name='Thomas96']Reference BlazBlue - Do you guys think that it is cheating to use the RS (right stick) to pull off special moves (when using the controller). I try not to use it, but sometimes when a move doesn't want to come out, I get really fuckin tempted... oh tell sometimes I just go ahead and use it. Also, if BB is used in a tournament, do you think that the rules will call for joysticks to be configured to ensure that the right stick can't be used for such inputs?[/QUOTE]

Cheating? No, they put it in there for a reason. Though I'm strongly against using it because it can easily become a crutch, but if that's what it takes for you to win then go for it. However, BB's online gives rooms the option of turning them off, so don't rely on it. I'm 99.9% sure it'd be banned in tournaments.

I don't mind but then I won't go into custom rooms so really don't have to deal with it. The inputs are pretty basic so no one should really need it, but if it makes the game better for you go for it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Yeah, I'm kinda hesitant on KoF98 only because I don't have a good controller to play it on... and that I fear is going to make me super pissed off like SFIIHD did. Almost broke a controller because of that game.[/QUOTE]

You still don't have an arcade stick or FightPad after all this time?

My TE stick (that I canceled months ago) came in today. :(

Does everyone have BB PS3 (like me)?

I saw Chac on 360 playing BB, and JEKKI apparently has 360...

[quote name='eastx']You still don't have an arcade stick or FightPad after all this time?[/QUOTE]

Sadly yes.

I have a stick now, but only on the PS3 thanks to good hearted people.

And I don't think I'll ever get a stick on 360 unless it was dual modded, but I will get a fightpad.

Kinda OT, but I was perusing the trade-in prices for amazon, and they're seem a little low--at least, I couldn't find too many titles I'd be willing to part with that were worth more than $10. Seems like it'd be a 6-1 ratio at least for the games I have. Although when I think about it, there really aren't any games I want to get rid of right now anyway. :p

[quote name='distgfx']Cheating? No, they put it in there for a reason. Though I'm strongly against using it because it can easily become a crutch, but if that's what it takes for you to win then go for it. However, BB's online gives rooms the option of turning them off, so don't rely on it. I'm 99.9% sure it'd be banned in tournaments.[/QUOTE]

then I'm definitely not going to use it.. because, its going to make my execution poor. Plus I want to win the right way.... and not by cheating.

I'd def. be down for some BB on PS3 this weekend. I'm LOVIN IT! I'm not that good though, hehe. Can't play Litchi worth crap... But, I'm finally learning my stick, and can fairly consistantly pull of the moves I want (half circles still mess with me, but I've got the qc's and srk's).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asianxcore']I don't like the fact that I now know Chac's real name.

Truly disturbed by this[/QUOTE]

Same to you, Franklin.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I actually ran into Jekki last night on Blazblue. I got beat soundly.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, pretty sure Jekki is on of the top players on live atm. Has a 74% win rate. Someone spent some time at the arcades.

On a side note, Unlimited Rag in Score attack is a fucker.

BS that game is made in fighter maker pc!

Also, playing Computer Tager is retarded because they punish every goddamn thing you do with a 720 or 360! ARGH!

[quote name='heavyd853']BS that game is made in fighter maker pc![/QUOTE]

Uh...... That's a good thing right? Hehehe....:whistle2:?

*Doesn't keep up with PC gaming*

:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='Chacrana']Same to you, Franklin.[/QUOTE]

One of the many names I go by :)

As everyone said, great review!

Heavy, have you seen MikeZ's Tager? So good

Yeah I have, he's gross. The tutorial video he did for the LE was great though.

A, much like communism, is invincible!

whoo! guess who I met today!!

2m32xz8.jpg

btw, I have BlazBlue on PS3 now. we will play tonite.

-EDIT-

also saw her,

21m7vvr.jpg

Hey MarkMan, while I was mid-fight, the right trigger button on my TE stick stopped registering. I unplugged the stick and then plugged it back in after a few seconds and it was working again. Was that just a common, one-time glitch?

"S'up, little bitch?" :lol::lol::lol:

That greeting to the cat reminded me of SwiMom's boyfriend's daughter's cat, it doesn't have a name so he calls it "Dumas", "Dumbass" or "That Dumb-shit cat".:lol::lol::lol:

Anybody keeping up with Eerie Cuties?

[quote name='BlueSwim']"S'up, little bitch?" :lol::lol::lol:

That greeting to the cat reminded me of SwiMom's boyfriend's daughter's cat, it doesn't have a name so he calls it "Dumas", "Dumbass" or "That Dumb-shit cat".:lol::lol::lol:

Anybody keeping up with Eerie Cuties?[/QUOTE]

add it to ur sig and i'll keep up :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back