GOG Deals Thread

No, that would spoil my fun. I wouldn't be able to laugh at you for not having the game on your GOG/Steam account.

Last edited by a moderator:
A bummer about the music but you're probably right about the rationale behind it.

But that MSRP, yikes! Will wait for GOG Xmas sale and hope for 75% off. I would like to try this one as I'm assuming the GOG version will run on my computer. Has anyone alerted the toaster?
IsThereAnyDeal has re-added Mafia to the database, so I'm finally able to check if there is any difference in regional pricing. Looks like the base price is a whopping 71% cheaper in Mother Russia. At that discount, I'm having to fight the urge to buy it right now. But I'm definitely gonna pull the trigger when it hits 50% off. It would be about $2 with the regional discount plus a 50% sale.

Essential Gems sale on GOG - RPG's, action games, and adventures.

Info on this - https://www.gog.com/news/special_sale_complete_a_bundle_of_essential_gems_75_off

50% off what you take if you don't take them all OR 75% off your entire order if you take everything in this sale:

Sale Page - https://www.gog.com/promo/20171024_special_promo_best_polish_localizations

Some games in this list include:

• BG EE 1&2 (except the Siege of Dragonspear expansion)
  • IWD1 EE
  • STALKER series
  • PB's Gothic series (Gothic 1 & 2 & 3) 
  • Stronghold Crusader HD
  • and Syberia series

We should probably also mention that GOG is currently giving away two games, Stronghold HD & A.D. 2044. Click on the banner at the top of GOG's home page to get them. Giveaway last 48 hours. At the time of posting this there is 45 hours left on that countdown.

Hat tip to Tomasety for calling this to my attention over in the Steam/PC thread.

Vampire: Bloodlines is $5 on GOG also.

My favorite game, so...you know I had to point that out.

Sure, it's the usual price during Halloween for it - but, they make sure it works out-the-box without any modding necessary....b/c it's equipped with a mod (unlike the Steam-version, which you'd have to mod to likely boot-up on modern hardware - though you do have some screenshot-taking and other Steam benefits in that version).

For those who just want to boot the game up so it works and just flat-out go: GOG's version comes also equipped with Wesp's Unofficial Patch: Basic Version (usually with the newest version). 

Of course, if you want - you can still boot up the old-version Troika's Final Official Patch 1.2 (for some reason, if you're a purist and don't mind still dealing with some unresolved bugs - b/c Wesp's Patch acts like a mod and you have the option to boot the old version or his version) or just go ahead to mod it however you see fit with other mods that are out there.

Getting the D&D collection too...will I ever play it...maybe one of them....but 80% off and running out of stuff to buy on GOG....so I'll get it.

A whole slew of games just added to GOG Connect.

Hat tip to Madjoki for calling this to my attention over in the steam thread.

Also, GOG has a Halloween sale that just started. You can get Tales From The Borderlands for free if you spend at least $15.
Looks like it's bugged for me. It's not letting me add The Last Door Season 2, TWD Michonne, or TWD A New Frontier despite owning them on steam..

EDIT: Nevermind, got them to appear after clicking the refresh button

Looks like it's bugged for me. It's not letting me add The Last Door Season 2, TWD Michonne, or TWD A New Frontier despite owning them on steam..

EDIT: Nevermind, got them to appear after clicking the refresh button
Yeah, it said that I didn't own Layers Of Fear and like a dumbass I never bothered to verify that on steam and just bought a copy off a seller in the Cesspool.

Anybody wanna buy a steam key for Layers Of Fear? I'll sell it to you at cost, 76 cents.

EDIT: Sold it

Tales from the Borderlands code: 7NZL986327737EA7WD

redeem at www.gog.com/redeem

I honestly have no idea if this is tied specifically to my account, that's why I'm just throwing it here instead of making anyone work for it. If it works for you, then enjoy.

I honestly have no idea if this is tied specifically to my account, that's why I'm just throwing it here instead of making anyone work for it. If it works for you, then enjoy.
Nah it's not tied to your account, and the code is still valid (tested it myself). I'd take it but I've already got it on Steam so I'll pass.

danks mane. didn't have it on steam. time to give it the ole whirl.

I don't really want everything in that D&D collection, but I do kinda want a few things.  Anyone have the whole thing and want to help me out?

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth joins GOG.

This version also comes included already with a bunch of fixes on GOG version, too.

NOTE: This version includes various small fixes, including: proper V-sync functionality, a fix for the triangle raindrops on AMD cards, and a custom-made fix provided by user Guzz, which allows the invisible sorcerers on the reef to appear properly, plus restores skybox rendering.
Here's the GOG Game Page for Call of Cthulhu: DCotE - currently $5 on launch.

Hopefully, at some point in time, this becomes a GOG Connect game...since I'm guessing like myself, some might already have this on Steam and might also want this on GOG.

If it's anything like the last time, it will let you do multiple purchases as long as you spend $15 or more.
That certainly sounds right, but has anybody verified this?

Because I'm at $11.14 spent during the sale thanks to my D&D bundle purchase. But I already own Tales From The Borderlands on GOG, so I don't have any plans to buy anything else during the sale.

I was gonna offer to help somebody else get a copy by buying them something as a gift that they were gonna buy, which would put me over the $15 threshold. And then I'd pass along the free copy of TftB to them. But I don't wanna offer to do that unless we're sure that it'll work.

EDIT: Offer expired. I already did it with Palinn.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth joins GOG.

This version also comes included already with a bunch of fixes on GOG version, too.

Here's the GOG Game Page for Call of Cthulhu: DCotE - currently $5 on launch.

Hopefully, at some point in time, this becomes a GOG Connect game...since I'm guessing like myself, some might already have this on Steam and might also want this on GOG.
1: It's Activision, so it'll never happen.

2: WHY THE fuck IS THE GAME MORE EXPENSIVE FOR ME. fuckING ACTIVISION.

I wanted to love this game, but I hated it. Why? Because very early on (MINOR spoiler alert), there's a part where you are in a hotel room and mutated villagers come to your room and attack and start chasing you. If you don't take certain steps within a certain timeframe, you get killed every time. I could never get past that part.
GIT GUD!!!!!

(maybe the certain steps are you stop playing....in which case YOU WON!!!!!)

1: It's Activision, so it'll never happen.

2: WHY THE fuck IS THE GAME MORE EXPENSIVE FOR ME. fuckING ACTIVISION.
Or, of course...maybe Activision can update the Steam-version to be in-line w/ GOG's fixed version; or someone can mod them into the Steam-version.

Syberia and Syberia 2 are being offered on GOG Connect if you have them on Steam, but I'm unable to claim them just like I was unable to claim Walking Dead a few weeks ago. Anyone else have this issue?

Syberia and Syberia 2 are being offered on GOG Connect if you have them on Steam, but I'm unable to claim them just like I was unable to claim Walking Dead a few weeks ago. Anyone else have this issue?
Thanks for pointing this out...got Syberia 2 added to my account. No issues.

Might be a dumb question, but have you tried clicking the "refresh" button?

Sometimes it doesn't detect that you own the game first time around.

EDIT: Actually, I probably should have asked you to clarify. Is it not even acknowledging that you're eligible for that game? Or does it say you're eligible, but when you try to add it to you account, it's not adding the game?

Kinda hard to bite on a sale like that when you feel deep in your bones that every game on that list will eventually be available via GOG Connect. There are already 9 games from that sale that I own on GOG thanks to GOG Connect.

GOG's Black Friday sale has begun. For the first 48 hours, MDK is FREE. Click on the banner at the top of the homepage to claim your copy.

Additionally, StarCrawlers is FREE for anyone spending $15 during the sale.

Sale runs until Nov 28th.

I think this is the 8th free game i've received from GOG since my last purchase there. I'd like to spend a little money with them.

Anything good you guys are seeing on sale? I'm partial to racing games and shoot 'em ups, but I'm not picky.

Reservoir Dogs just got removed from GOG. The company behind the game is going out of business and so they've decided to remove the game.

bread's done
Back