GOG Deals Thread

Sword of the Stars giving Jack Keane a run for his money.

I don't think you actually intended this, but I've actually played Jack Keane (it's a great game. Seriously.), and what you said actually works out to be kind of a pun regarding the storyline of the game... And no, I'm not going to explain the joke, as that would ruin it; just go look up the plotline on Wikipedia if you're so *keen* to know it. lol

Sorry for that last one, as I forgot for a moment that puns kill puppies and children... :dunce:

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess there are only 4 games left:

Expeditions: Conquistador $4.99
Psychonauts $2.49
Spellforce Platinum $2.49
Thief 2: Metal Age $1.99

I'm gonna guess that Psychonauts will be the final game in this sale because it's also part of the current mac compatible sale that GOG has running parallel to this sale. In the Mac sale, Psychonauts is priced at $3.99. So they probably want to maximize whatever amount of sales they can get at that price before killing the market by again showing it at $2.49.

For anyone that doesn't own Expeditions: Conquistador (or has never even heard of it), it might very well be THE BEST turn-based strategy game I've ever played! Considering I'm 27 and have played nearly every TBS game out there, as that's almost exclusively the genre I play, that's saying a lot...    If you don't believe me, just read some of the reviews from Metacritic.

Anyway, my point is that if you have $5 to spare, just get it, no questions asked. You will be VERY happy when you do, as again, it is truly an amazing game!

As for Spellforce, it's a bit of a "meh"..  However, it's somewhat innovative, considering it's a mashup of RTS and RPG, albeit not a very well implemented mashup.

Psychonauts I can't speak for, as I've never played it (although I've heard from different people that it's bloody amazing, and from others that it's not very memorable).

Finally, as for Thief 2, well, that's been one of the top 5 games I've been wanting from this sale, so you can guess how I feel about it!   :bouncy:

For anyone that doesn't own Expeditions: Conquistador (or has never even heard of it), it might very well be THE BEST turn-based strategy game I've ever played! Considering I'm 27 and have played nearly every TBS game out there, as that's almost exclusively the genre I play, that's saying a lot... If you don't believe me, just read some of the reviews from Metacritic.

Anyway, my point is that if you have $5 to spare, just get it, no questions asked. You will be VERY happy when you do, as again, it is truly an amazing game!
I've been agonizing whether to get it from the Humble Bundle Weekly sale - you might have just tipped me over...

Psychonauts I can't speak for, as I've never played it (although I've heard from different people that it's bloody amazing, and from others that it's not very memorable).
One of the best games ever made. It breaks my heart that Psychonauts 2 likely won't ever be made...

I've been agonizing whether to get it from the Humble Bundle Weekly sale - you might have just tipped me over...
I would get it from the Weekly sale, if I were you, as it also has Galaxy on Fire 2, which is a pretty great space sim, if that's your king of thing. However, I don't personally care for the newer Jagged Alliance games, however, but some people think that they're really enjoyable, so...

Been wanting Expeditions for a while and don't want anything else in the Humble so I bit... now watch it go to 85% off somewhere during the holiday sales.

Been wanting Expeditions for a while and don't want anything else in the Humble so I bit... now watch it go to 85% off somewhere during the holiday sales.
Hell, I don't want anything in most of the bundles I buy!

Which is probably a bad thing.

Hell, I don't want anything in most of the bundles I buy!

Which is probably a bad thing.
Isn't that true of most everyone who buys bundles, though?

I'm wllling to bet that 1 out of every 5.000 or so people who gets any bundle wants EVERY single game that's in there, so go figure.

YAY!! My long journey is finally over v__v I managed to get everything I wanted and then some.

Thief 1+2+3

Tomb Raider 1+2+3 pack

Theme Hospital

LoK: Soul Reaper
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
Tropico 3
La Mulana
Alpha Centauri
Postal 2 Complete
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Wing Commander IV
Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena
Shadow Man
Startopia
System Shock 2
Deus Ex GOTY
Myst Masterpiece Edition
Leisure Suit Larry compilation
Populous The Beginning
Total Annihilation (managed to get this one for free, miraculously)

Time to add this to my already huge backlog of games.  It's been nice, guys :D Thanks for the suggestions for other games, as well.  See ya next sale!

Bummed I missed Beyond Good and Evil but the other two games I wanted coming in a row is nice. I wonder if GOG will refine the mechanics a little bit if they do this sort of thing again.

I missed the Thief 2 sale (which was one of the top 5 games I wanted from this sale), watching a one hour Doctor Who documentary on BBC. So, anyway, does anyone have an extra copy of Thief 2 available?

I'll sell you a kidney, if that's what it takes... lol

I missed the Thief 2 sale (which was one of the top 5 games I wanted from this sale), watching a one hour Doctor Who documentary on BBC. So, anyway, does anyone have an extra copy of Thief 2 available?

I was watching Doctor Who with one eye, playing Tales of Monkey Island the other, and still keeping track of GOG!

I didn't have an extra eye for last that one. That would be weird.

Have an extra copy of NWN 2. If someone has extra copies of thief gold and NWN diamond I will trade. Or if someone wants to PayPal 3.99 to me I can do that as well.

I got a Green Man Gaming newsletter today that the Thief games will be on sale tomorrow:

Franchise Week - Tuesday
Thief Deals Up To 75% Off

http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=thief+square&price=0-13

Steam keys for all three.

Well, other than some double dips I was tempted to make, I got everything I wanted except Tomb Raider and how did I miss that three times damn it.

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic

Alpha Centauri

Aquanox

Aquanox 2: Revelation

The Chaos Engine (well, I got charged for it - gonna email them now that I'm done staring at their site)

Fez

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

Jade Empire: Special Edition

King of Dragon Pass

La Mulana

The Lords of Midnight

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident

Retro City Rampage

Sacred Gold

Shadow Man

Sniper Elite: Berlin 1945

Space Colony HD

Spellforce Platinum

Startopia

Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon

Wing Commander Privateer

Wing Commander 4

I certainly didn't expect to come away with so many games - most of them not being games I've already owned in some form! - and I know I probably wouldn't have spent as much if not for the very nature of the sale egging on my desire to have something extra after what would often be several hours of waiting (I'd say at least half of my purchases were made within the first few hours of me watching the sale).

I may not be able to spend much on their inevitable holiday sale, and I probably won't be inclined to bite on anything without a discount greater than 60%, but between this and a half dozen games through their charity promo, I'm tickled.

I got a Green Man Gaming newsletter today that the Thief games will be on sale tomorrow:

Franchise Week - Tuesday

Thanks for the info, but I don't know about the Steam edition, because if I remember correctly from earlier in this thread, the .exe files have DRM, which is trouble for mods... Also, if that's true, does anyone know from experience what types of mods this would be a problem with? I'm guessing overhaul or "enhancement" mods, a la the ENB injector mods that some newer games use.

Additionally, does anyone have an extra copy of Wing Commander IV, as well? I missed that one also when I went down to the pub with a cousin who was in town for the day (Real life is soooooo annoying, right?) :p

My final score was: Total Annihilation, Leisure Suit Larry Greatest Hits, Tales of Monkey Island, Ultima Underworld 1&2, and Tomb Raider 1, 2, and 3.

That's what17 games for ~$12.  I consider that a good haul.  Still some I wish I had grabbed, but there's always the next sale. 

I hope.

Sleep is for wusses.

I'm gonna stick around to the end just to see if anything happens though.

Thanks for the info, but I don't know about the Steam edition, because if I remember correctly from earlier in this thread, the .exe files have DRM, which is trouble for mods... Also, if that's true, does anyone know from experience what types of mods this would be a problem with? I'm guessing overhaul or "enhancement" mods, a la the ENB injector mods that some newer games use.
Thief I & II on Steam do not have any DRM:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_games_on_steam/page1

They work with mods just fine (e.g. newdark).

This is the "sale" that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started buying games not knowing what they were and they'll continue buying them forever just because...

Franchise Week - Tuesday

Also, just out of curiosity, what else did the newsletter say? Meaning what other game franchises are going to be on sale this week? (If you have a copy of the email still, it would be really awesome if you could send me a copy of it... PM me if you do, so I can give you my email.)

Thanks!

Also, what's does the "W" and "H" in your signature stand for?
Want, Have.

I wanted to stay up with the sale to its bitter end to see how fast Psychonauts goes, and also because it'd be cool if some sort of surprise popped up out of nowhere, but I gotta grab about 4 hours of sleep before making a mad dash to city hall. Walking away now feels like the digital equivalent of leaving a grand music festival just as things are wrapping up. Bittersweet.

Franchise Week - Tuesday

Thanks for encouraging me to dig through my email and find my GMG newsletter. Not only is Thief tomorrow, but TellTale was today. I managed to grab the one season of Sam & Max I didn't have. The 20% off code that came with the email didn't hurt the deal.

And here I was so distracted by GOG that I haven't checked the rest of CAG in days! I could have missed that.

Huh, that's weird, I just noticed the timestamps are off on everyone's posts, so I went to my profile and it says I'm from the States (given the time, PST timezone, I guess?).

That's weird because my timezone is set to UTC +0, because I'm from the UK...

Does anyone know why I'm having this strange bug?

CAG 3.0 has been glitchy. Speaking of which, I believe CheapyD mentioned that the site is scheduled to go down for maintenance sometime soonish. Could be related.

Oh?  I guess there was one left.  That's why I don't do math.

Also, Psychonauts.

CAG 3.0 has been glitchy. Speaking of which, I believe CheapyD mentioned that the site is scheduled to go down for maintenance sometime soonish. Could be related.
Just like how bloody Youtube went down for over a quarter of the world today?

I. Do. Not. Think. That. I. Can. Take. Anymore. Server. 500. Errors!!!!!!!!!!

YEARRRGGGHHHHH!!!

*Stabs himself in the chest out of great anger for the most basic design flaws of teh Interwebz*

As somebody posted earlier after I had the same question you did, Green Man Gaming is selling all three Thief games tomorrow for 75% off each.

They're Steam keys, not GOG, though...

bread's done
Back