GOG Deals Thread

Oh wait, this isn't a deep discount bundle on all three like they've had before, for around $4, is it?
I imagine that type of deal will show up again, right? Especially when the new game comes out?
Actually, GMG has a voucher for an additional 20% off: GMG20-ODON7-FLUA7

That might be enough for me to bite on this sale. I'm not going to pay more than I would have for the insomnia sale DRM free versions.

Well I'm glad there weren't any surprises at the end of the sale seeing as I have school and can't afford to stay up until the early morning anymore. Thanks to the dudes who managed it and reported back.

This has been a ride.

Well I'm glad there weren't any surprises at the end of the sale seeing as I have school and can't afford to stay up until the early morning anymore. Thanks to the dudes who managed it and reported back.

This has been a ride.
Yes, thanks to everyone who helped out during the sale!

Funny, I forgot how much you needed the manual back in the olden days. Played some Master of Orion, and kept waiting for the tutorial to start :)

Yes, thanks to everyone who helped out during the sale!

Funny, I forgot how much you needed the manual back in the olden days. Played some Master of Orion, and kept waiting for the tutorial to start :)
This is why I secretly wanted my father to detonate the year he bought about 30 cartridge-only used SNES games for Christmas - I couldn't figure out how to play half of them.

Thief 1-3 sale is live on Green Man Gaming.

Thief Gold: $1.74
Thief 2: $1.74
Thief: Deadly Shadows: $2.24
Thief pack (1-3): $4.74

I'm bummed though. The GMG20-ODON7-FLUA7 20% off voucher isn't working. Maybe that's because the titles aren't officially on the front page yet?

So, I picked up some extras, just in case.  Quote with which one you're interested in and I'll send you a PM.

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
Icewind Dale Complete
Jade Empire: Special Edition
Planetscape: Torment
Shadow Man
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Space Colony HD
Startopia

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I picked up some extras, just in case. Quote with which one you're interested in and I'll send you a PM.

Icewind Dale Complete

Shadow Man

Space Colony HD
Startopia
How is Alpha Centauri different from Civilization, besides being in the future with aliens?

This thread was started on June 15th 2012.

On November 13 2013 the Insomnia sale started. The last post before the sale started was #1972. So that's 1972 posts made in this thread in the first year and five months.

This post will be #3418. So if my math is correct, that's 1446 post in this thread in the past week.

Insomnia sale, kind of a success.

On November 13 2013 the Insomnia sale started. The last post before the sale started was #1972. So that's 1972 posts made in this thread in the first year and five months.

This post will be #3418. So if my math is correct, that's 1446 post in this thread in the past week.

If everyone starts doing this... smh

Not that I disagree, but most of the new posts were like:

Jack Keane, 130495 left...

Jack Keane, 93874 left...

Jack Keane, whelp the counter hasn't moved in 20 minutes, just buy the damn thing already!

and so on.

From my perspective, the success of this sale wasn't that they were holding the good deals hostage with bad deals, it was their willingness to go past the 60% off generic discount. If it wasn't for 75% off pricing I wouldn't have cared about this sale either.

Not that I disagree, but most of the new posts were like:

Jack Keane, 130495 left...

Jack Keane, 93874 left...

Jack Keane, whelp the counter hasn't moved in 20 minutes, just buy the damn thing already!

and so on.
It's all about quantity Seamoss. Just like your backlog.

From my perspective, the success of this sale wasn't that they were holding the good deals hostage with bad deals, it was their willingness to go past the 60% off generic discount. If it wasn't for 75% off pricing I wouldn't have cared about this sale either.
I agree. If they'd only been doing 50-60% off like usual for individual games, I wouldn't have been interested at all. However, at 75% off, there were a few games that I happily picked up, and the 80% off some others tempted me to buy those too.

Also, just out of curiosity, what else did the newsletter say? Meaning what other game franchises are going to be on sale this week? (If you have a copy of the email still, it would be really awesome if you could send me a copy of it... PM me if you do, so I can give you my email.)
The Thief offer was the last thing in the newsletter that hasn't already expired (previous deals were Telltale, Total War, and EVE). The Thief offer is live now but the 20% code (GMG20-ODON7-FLUA7) doesn't stack. Still, $4.74 for all three Thief games on Steam is a pretty good deal. FYI, there's a separate GreenManGaming (GMG) CAG thread.

The Thief offer was the last thing in the newsletter that hasn't already expired (previous deals were Telltale, Total War, and EVE). The Thief offer is live now but the 20% code (GMG20-ODON7-FLUA7) doesn't stack. Still, $4.74 for all three Thief games on Steam is a pretty good deal. FYI, there's a separate GreenManGaming (GMG) CAG thread.
Yeah, I posted there as well. Just thought anyone who missed the games during Insomnia would like to know.

So, I picked up some extras, just in case. Quote with which one you're interested in and I'll send you a PM.

Icewind Dale Complete
Shadow Man

Space Colony HD
Startopia
Still got Age of Wonders: SM?

Looks cool.

Icewind Dale Complete
Shadow Man

Space Colony HD
Startopia
the last two i like but if i have to choose i take space colony hd

Icewind Dale Complete
Shadow Man

Space Colony HD
Startopia
I'm surprised nobody quickly wanted Planescape: Torment or Jade Empire.

PST is one of the best RPG's ever made; and it's probably got the best prose I've ever seen in a RPG.

Jade Empire is just great - one of the cooler game-worlds, lore, and mythologies put forth in a RPG; especially for a BioWare RPG.

I know this isn't the correct place to ask, but it seems like the most likely crowd that could answer. Has anyone played and/or could recommend either Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting or The Pahelika Collection. Both are on sale at GetGames and they have me interested.  I've read mixed reviews on them both, but will likely buy them both as I'm down with the genres and it's the only sales I could seem to find on either of them searching ITAD.  Though, if a CAG were to raise a red flag, I might think twice.

I know this isn't the correct place to ask, but it seems like the most likely crowd that could answer. Has anyone played and/or could recommend either Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting or The Pahelika Collection. Both are on sale at GetGames and they have me interested. I've read mixed reviews on them both, but will likely buy them both as I'm down with the genres and it's the only sales I could seem to find on either of them searching ITAD. Though, if a CAG were to raise a red flag, I might think twice.
I haven't played either, and I've never heard of the Corrosion game before, but I'm pretty sure that I've seen the Pahelika games cheaper. I usually trust the reviews (and comments) at Adventure Gamers. Are you running out of better adventure games to play?

I know this isn't the correct place to ask, but it seems like the most likely crowd that could answer. Has anyone played and/or could recommend either Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting or The Pahelika Collection. Both are on sale at GetGames and they have me interested. I've read mixed reviews on them both, but will likely buy them both as I'm down with the genres and it's the only sales I could seem to find on either of them searching ITAD. Though, if a CAG were to raise a red flag, I might think twice.
Ain't heard of nor played either.

Sorry, bro.

I haven't played either, and I've never heard of the Corrosion game before, but I'm pretty sure that I've seen the Pahelika games cheaper. I usually trust the reviews (and comments) at Adventure Gamers. Are you running out of better adventure games to play?
These just looked interesting to me. That site is actually one I was reading reviews on. The comments for Corrosion seem all over the place, some agree with it being poorly reviewed, others say it's the opposite it seems. I wouldn't say I'm running out of adventure games, but I don't always like what is generally accepted as 'good'. I identify with certain settings, atmosphere and puzzles. But, if they've been cheaper, I can wait.

I'm surprised nobody quickly wanted Planescape: Torment or Jade Empire.
PST is one of the best RPG's ever made; and it's probably got the best prose I've ever seen in a RPG.

Jade Empire is just great - one of the cooler game-worlds, lore, and mythologies put forth in a RPG; especially for a BioWare RPG.
Yeah, I was surprised by that too. Maybe they bought it from the Insomnia sale or got Jade Empire from Steam. Also, not too many people check this thread.

Icewind Dale Complete

Shadow Man
Space Colony HD
Startopia

Icewind Dale & Planescape are two I was after and missed. Let's talk.

Yeah, I was surprised by that too. Maybe they bought it from the Insomnia sale or got Jade Empire from Steam. Also, not too many people check this thread.
I own those two already from retail - that's why I won't take 'em.

Someone else who never played them really should take those and is into RPG's should take 'em.

Neurosis offering those 2 up = AMAZING giveaway.

I own those two already from retail - that's why I won't take 'em.

Someone else who never played them really should take those and is into RPG's should take 'em.

Neurosis offering those 2 up = AMAZING giveaway.
---Stuff removed so as to keep it on the down low---

Anybody want a free copy of Carmageddon Max Pack? They gave these away on Reddit recently and I grabbed an extra copy to pass along to a fellow CAG.

As I understand it, they're not Giveaways. He bought extra copies in case people missed those games. But the expectation is that you reimburse him. If they were simple giveaways from something he had won, or something like that, I would have been all over the Jade Empire copy that he has.

You wanna see what a giveaway looks like though? I'll show you a giveaway. Next person who quotes this post and includes the phrase "Oh dear, it looks like my adult diaper is leaking" gets a free copy of Carmageddon Max Pack. They gave these away on Reddit recently and I grabbed an extra copy to pass along to a fellow CAG.
Actually, he is giving them away. No reimbursement is expected. Neuro is generous like that, he's done it other times too. This is probably why they aren't taken though, because people don't think he's simply giving them away. I'm sure he's also doing it for people that missed out on the insomnia deals too.

Actually, he is giving them away. No reimbursement is expected. Neuro is an asshole like that, he's done it other times too. This is probably why they aren't taken though, because people don't think he's simply giving them away. I'm sure he's also doing it for people that missed out on the insomnia deals too.
FTFY

Hey, American McGee's Grimm is up on Gog.  I love looking at art styles like that.  Am I wrong that this was only on 360 before now?  The wiki says it was only on Windows, so huh.  Maybe it'll show up on Steam in six months.  

[customspoiler-Ahem...]
Go_Fibber_Fox_Yourself_by_Egduf57.jpg
[/customspoiler]

:(

On a srs note. Do you play Damned? No one responded to my personal ad in the PC forum:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322091-damned-game-night/

In retrospect, I will admit the title could have been reworked.
I'm too anti-social for multiplayer/co-op. I only bought it cause I thought it looked cool in my virtual library. You know, kinda like keeping National Geographics and New Yorkers on your coffee table.

I need to get out more. I never realized that part of the forum even existed!
I often forget that there is a forum beyond my 'Followed Content' tab.

Startopia

Icewind Dale Complete
Shadow Man
Space Colony HD
Still have Startopia left. Don't make me redeem it myself.

bread's done
Back