GS/EB $10 Extra trade credit when you trade in any Wii/PS3 game!

whoops. NVm my previous post. I typed that before you posted the $10 thing. lol

$10 extra might be worthwhile, depending on the game your trading in.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']whoops. NVm my previous post. I typed that before you posted the $10 thing. lol

$10 extra might be worthwhile, depending on the game your trading in.[/quote]

Yeah, sorry about that. I thought it said 10%... :lol:

bah

i'm _so_ glad that I dragged my kids out at 8:30 last night to rush to EBstop and take advantage of this since it was the former coupon's last day.

by the way, anyone who has Wiki modify access... Madden '07 only traded for $6, but was valid for this deal.

Not bad, Super Paper Mario goes for $30 according to their site, and $40 after Coupon would be $1 more than I paid for it.

I may have to jump on that if I can finish the last couple of worlds before the 23rd (or say fuck it as I'm not liking it much anyway).

Would be nice to get Metroid for $10 out of pocket.

does anybody know the trade in value of Tony Hawk Downhill Jam for the wii - I checked the cagwiki and didn't see it listed there - thanks.

Anyone know the trade-in value of Mario Strikers Charged? I can get it for just a bit over $30 from GameFly using the keep-it option and was wondering if it might be worth it to profit from a trade-in.

Coupon required? Will they accept a printed copy?
-edit-
Nevermind, I just got this coupon in an email newsletter.

[quote name='psychoxfoo']Hm.... hope wii-play still goes for $10..[/quote]
It is still $10 - just checked while I was there

asked for some of today's prices (before bonuses)

Wii Play $10
Metal Slug $12
Zelda $25
Super Paper Mario $25

Used this deal today, traded paper mario and spider-man 3 (PS3 CE) Got Bioshock for 40 cents. (well reserved anyway)

This is a really stupid question, but will the coupon you displayed in your link allow me to get the 10 bucks added on to the trade-in (I was wondering this because of the coupon code - I didn't know if it varied from coupon to coupon)? Thanks.

This'll be a great time to trade in Rayman, according to the CAG Wiki and this promotion, I'll net 22 out of it, and I'll use the Edge card and get a bit more as well.

That in combination with the 10 percent off email coupon, I'll be able to get another game on the cheap.

Is there any games excluded from the xtra $10 trade in credit? Also, does anyone have a link to the 10% off coupon at EB/GS?

[quote name='bbondsrod']This is a really stupid question, but will the coupon you displayed in your link allow me to get the 10 bucks added on to the trade-in (I was wondering this because of the coupon code - I didn't know if it varied from coupon to coupon)? Thanks.[/quote]

Yes, it will.

[quote name='GoVols']Is there any games excluded from the xtra $10 trade in credit? Also, does anyone have a link to the 10% off coupon at EB/GS?[/quote]

Didn't look this one over, but the coupon that just expired yesterday that we've been using only excluded Wii Sports on the Wii side of things. As far as the PS3 exclusion list...I have absolutely no idea whatsoever.

[quote name='derder']Anyone know how much I could get for motorstorm?[/quote]

It'll get $15 before the $10 bump, according to the CAG Wiki.

[quote name='Megaten']Didn't look this one over, but the coupon that just expired yesterday that we've been using only excluded Wii Sports on the Wii side of things. As far as the PS3 exclusion list...I have absolutely no idea whatsoever.[/quote]I think the only thing on the PS3 side of exclusions were Enchanted Arms and possibly the year-numbered sports titles.

[quote name='jeremy517']$5. Don't forget the 10% off coupon.[/QUOTE]

That will probably be a huge YMMV as the extra $10 coupon says "Cannot be combined with any other offer" right on the front of it.

At any rate, still a good deal and I just finished Super Paper Mario yesterday so I'll try to swing buy to day and trade it toward Metroid Prime 3.

I just got $40.25 for Super Paper Mario with combination of $10+/EDGE/10% off toward reserving MP3.

I'm sure its YMMV though. But I'm quite happy.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Good lord I HATE GS and EB. I still don't understand their policy of not being able to give trade-in quotes over the phone...seriously.[/quote]

you sure about that? I called this morning asking how much credit I would get for Ridge Racer 7 and she told me how much I would get. Maybe it's different for some stores.

btw Ridge Racer 7 gets $10 in credit

[quote name='v0yce']I just got $40.25 for Super Paper Mario with combination of $10+/EDGE/10% off toward reserving MP3.

I'm sure its YMMV though. But I'm quite happy.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's YMMV. The 10% toward reserve didn't come up, and then the cashier read the $10 coupon and saw the "may not be combined with any other offers" bit and wouldn't put it on.

Oh well, still got $35 for a game I bought for $39, so it was basically $4 for a 3 month rental for me, and I get Metroid Prime 3 for $15 plust tax so I won't complain.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']you sure about that? I called this morning asking how much credit I would get for Ridge Racer 7 and she told me how much I would get. Maybe it's different for some stores.

btw Ridge Racer 7 gets $10 in credit[/QUOTE]

Did you call a GS or an EB? My EBX is the one that seems to be able to give trade-in quotes over the phone.

I imagine some store managers just refuse to give quotes over the phone in the hopes of getting more trades.

If people have to drag their games to the store to get them to quote prices, they are more likely to say "fuck it" and accept their usual ass raping low prices. Versus calling in, hearing the low prices and deciding not to bother.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Did you call a GS or an EB? My EBX is the one that seems to be able to give trade-in quotes over the phone.[/quote]

Yea, I called a GS. Asked for how much I would get for RR7, lady typed it in and gave me the trade-in quote

I have some Gamestop trading prices from today,

Motorstorm, $15.
Virtua Fighter 5, $14.
Ridge Racer 7, $10.
Resistance, $20.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma, $30.

I trade-in Ninja Gaiden Sigma and got $43. credit using the coupon and the Edge card.

Planning on trading more games tomorrow.

Cool. The coupon doesn't mention any exclusions and says ANY PS3 game so I can do Enchanted Arms right?

I'll probably take Sigma as well. It's been sitting on my TL for $45 and no one wants it. $40 from GS is good enough for me.

bread's done
Back