GS/EB: trade in 2 psp/ds games, bonus $10 store credit

saw this in the window at gs today. havent seen it online though, can anyone else confirm?

*added from the website
Trade 2 PSP/DS Games for Extra $10 Offer Trade 2 PSP/DS games get an extra $10!
Expires: 8/19/2007.
Ping Pals & Sprung excluded from offer.
Other exclusions may apply.
Offer not good on cash trades.
Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value.
Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Trade-ins subject to manager approval.
Offer subject to change at anytime
(lame).
See store associate for details. No dealers.

*added from gs/eb email newsletter, check your spam folder
Receive An Extra $10 Trade-In Credit (In-Store Offer Only)
Handheld gaming just keeps growing and growing. Expiring August 19, when you trade-in two DS or PSP games receive an additional $10 trade-in credit towards your next purchase. Additional special offers and updated pricing can all be found on our Trade-In Values page. All trade-in offers are only valid in-store at your local GameStop. Some exclusions apply, see site for details.

[quote name='io']

Edit - Harvest Moon for the DS is $29.99 new with no used price shown. Assuming that is $24.99 that means GS gives $12 for it? I highly doubt it, but even if it is $6-$8 that's worth it with this deal (it can be had for $5 at Best Buy after GamePro coupon).[/QUOTE]

In search, it comes up $24.99 used. I think this is def. at least $7 before any bonus.

btw, I got quoted $3 for both Darkstalkers and Exit on psp last month, so I wouldn't expect much before the bump.

I just hope I get a "cool" employee that'll let me combine the edge card and 20% trade in promo with this offer.

[quote name='io']Edit - Harvest Moon for the DS is $29.99 new with no used price shown. Assuming that is $24.99 that means GS gives $12 for it? I highly doubt it, but even if it is $6-$8 that's worth it with this deal (it can be had for $5 at Best Buy after GamePro coupon).[/quote]
It's $24.99 used, yes.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It really does depend on the clerk, but the guy who tried charging me the ridiculously high fees said 'it's company policy', so I guess all those games sitting there with no regular case or artwork got traded in for FREE basically because those 'refurb fees', which they charge when you trade in scratched games too sometimes take away half of the trade value.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd like to see them explain that. I was at a Babbage's over the weekend at a mall I rarely go to and about half of their "new" PS2 and XBox games where disc only in handwritten blank cases which is even worse than the used games being like that.

I just traded in two ds games today and this deal worked. The clerk said that the only two games that didnt work for this deal is ping pals and spung

Worst CAG weekend ever!

If I waited one more day, I could've gotten an extra $10 instead of 10% for pre-ordering Bioshock Limited Edition...

[quote name='Jetrangers00']I just traded in two ds games today and this deal worked. The clerk said that the only two games that didnt work for this deal is ping pals and spung[/QUOTE]

Crap!

[quote name='Jetrangers00']I just traded in two ds games today and this deal worked. The clerk said that the only two games that didnt work for this deal is ping pals and spung[/quote]

Can you mix & match?

[quote name='monkeydeew']im gonna try to throw down the last few madden games lol[/quote]

lol my target always has these on sale for like 1.99... could be the greatest deal ever if theyre still there.:)

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']anyone trade in harvest moon ds? if this nets anything over 5 bucks this could be a gold mine[/QUOTE]

No, but I will try tomorow when I pick up Strikers. Another source is the frontlane PSP games at Best Buy that can be had for $5 after coupon - Neopets, Gunpey, stuff like that. I'll have to ask about those too.

Hopefully I can mix and match because I'd like to try Neopets and Harvest Moon DS tomorrow as a trial run.

Edit - OK, just called.

:psp:
Gunpey - $5
Neopets - $4

:ds:
Harvest Moon - $8
Monster Bomber - $1

So much for the "trade-in price is half of what the sell it for used" method :lol:
Neopets sells for $14.99 used, trades for about 1/4 of that.
Harvest Moon sells for $24.99, trades for $8, so 1/3 on that one.
Monster Bomber sells for $12.99, trades for $1, so 1/13 on that one!
Gunpey - no idea, nothing shows up at all on their web page.

I'd say the rule (so as not to be disappointed) is to go with 1/4 to 1/3 of the selling price in general. For the newest of the new release games, maybe the 1/2 thing works. But I never trade anything close to a new release in on these deals.

Guy on the phone had no idea about the promo - but guess what? It's up on the web page now - just as we've been told here, Sprung and Ping Pals are excluded, nothing specific for the PSP but both have the standard disclaimers (I see now that monkeydeew has included this in the OP - good, that ought to cut down on some of the repetitive questions that are sure to pop up!).

Just got $8 for Contact and $8 for RE: DS. Glad I got double what I expected for RE, but Contact got a little less than I thought.

The manager wasn't sure about the deal, but when he entered it all in to the computer it came up, so it must be in the system. If they don't know about it, have them check.

[quote name='beerguy961']Just got $8 for Contact and $8 for RE: DS. Glad I got double what I expected for RE, but Contact got a little less than I thought.

The manager wasn't sure about the deal, but when he entered it all in to the computer it came up, so it must be in the system. If they don't know about it, have them check.[/QUOTE]

OK, so is that WITH the extra $5 per game or not? I need to know for the Wiki. That seems awfully low for Contact given the extra $5. It seems about right if it is before the bonus though.

Edit - I'm going to assume these were pre-bonus prices as the wiki had Contact at $8 from just a few days ago. I updated it with these prices as well as the ones I called about.

Thanks for calling in, looks like im on my way to the library tonight to print out lots of the best buy coupons...hm wonder if i can get enough credit for that ps3 since i know theyll have it in stock

*edit* i looked for the coupon, is there a coupon that works at best buy thats valid now?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Thanks for calling in, looks like im on my way to the library tonight to print out lots of the best buy coupons...hm wonder if i can get enough credit for that ps3 since i know theyll have it in stock

*edit* i looked for the coupon, is there a coupon that works at best buy thats valid now?[/QUOTE]

It should still work - just YMMV on getting them to ignore the dates. If they say it is expired just say you were told it would still work and they may (as they have for me) give it a shot. It should work if they actually scan it. At least they were working a few days ago.

[quote name='io']OK, so is that WITH the extra $5 per game or not? I need to know for the Wiki. That seems awfully low for Contact given the extra $5. It seems about right if it is before the bonus though.

Edit - I'm going to assume these were pre-bonus prices as the wiki had Contact at $8 from just a few days ago. I updated it with these prices as well as the ones I called about.[/QUOTE]
Pre-bonus for both.

guys.
hit your local pawn shops.
often they have a few ds games, less artwork, for next to nothing.

could be worth a few minutes of your time.

I just called a couple of stores and got some trade values. These are all before the bonus:

NDS Polarium $1.50
NDS Mechassault Ghost War $6.00
NDS True Swing Golf $3.00
NDS Metroid Prime Pinball $2.00

PSP GITS $3.00
PSP Bomberman $1.50
PSP NBA $2.00
PSP Medievil Resurrection $3.00

Also, they checked and said that none of these are on the exclusion list. One of the guys who helped me was surprised to see that Polarium and True Swing Golf aren't on the list (yet).

All of these games except Bomberman and Mechassault are currently on clearance (with 30% off this week) at Kmart.

[quote name='elmyra']I just called a couple of stores and got some trade values. These are all before the bonus:

NDS Polarium $1.50
NDS Mechassault Ghost War $6.00
NDS True Swing Golf $3.00
NDS Metroid Prime Pinball $2.00

PSP GITS $3.00
PSP Bomberman $1.50
PSP NBA $2.00
PSP Medievil Resurrection $3.00

Also, they checked and said that none of these are on the exclusion list. One of the guys who helped me was surprised to see that Polarium and True Swing Golf aren't on the list (yet).

All of these games except Bomberman and Mechassault are currently on clearance (with 30% off this week) at Kmart.[/quote]

But how much are those games going for in the store?

Well, Best Buy had 0 of 4 PSP games I wanted.

Gamestop gave me $68 dollars for the 8 DS games. I bought a Game Informer card thing, since it got me like $2 extra on trade ins and $5 a new game (Gitaroo Man for PSP for $15, yay for first PSP game), so it really only cost $8, which I'll make up in a year, I'm sure.

Ended up with $37 and Gitaroo Man, as well as a GI Sub, for the 8 DS games. Sounds good.

The followin are Pre-bonus and pre-Edge prices on the trade-ins.

NDS World Championship Poker DS $1.00
NDS Need for Speed Underground 2 $3.00
NDS Feel the Magic $1.00
NDS Polarium $1.50
NDS Top Spin 2 $3.00
NDS SM64DS $12.00
NDS Trace Memory $3.00

Hope that helps.

[quote name='Furashu']But how much are those games going for in the store?[/quote]

You can find all of the prices in the Kmart thread. That thread lists qite a few PSP/DS games that will work with this deal and cost less than $3. The prices listed in the first post are before the 30% off.

just trade in big brain academy DS and bomberman PSP

all prices before bonus:

big brain: $6
bomberman: $1.50

After bonus and edge card: $18.25

Traded in the following 4, here is there price before bonus:
Capcom Collection PSP-$7
Powerstone Collection-$7
Activision Hits-$3
Outrun 2006-$2

Those last two were from their big sale last month, so no big shock on the low value. Still, got $40.90 for that group.

[quote name='io']Gunpey - no idea, nothing shows up at all on their web page.[/quote]
$14.99 for a used copy on the PSP, $12.99 for a used copy on the DS.

Wow, disappointed in how low the PSP Bomberman is. I forgot I picked up 2 of those at CC last week for $4.99 (regularly $9.99). They aren't worth trading for $6.50.

I updated the wiki. As much as people like to think otherwise, I don't think prices changed for the sale. Most of the prices from the last few months were the same. A few that had prices from 2006, of course, dropped.

With the $5 some games are now *barely* worth trading in ;).

Are people getting Egde boosts in addition to the $5 bonus? If so, that makes it a little more worthwhile. I'm just so used to them excluding the Edge on all these promos now (the trade 2 Wii games deal for example).

[quote name='Tsukento']As far as I'm aware, Edge should work as it's been used many times before with these sorts of promotions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in the past. But I was so taken aback at the uniform disapproval of using Edge when I did the trade 2 thing for the Wii - every clerk I tried it with wouldn't even touch my Edge card. I was worried maybe they've been handed down an edict not to use Edge for any promos.

Well, to be fair, that promotion's a bit different since they override the actual trade in price and change it to the price of whatever game it is you're preordering. Whereas these types of deals are more for you to earn credit.

[quote name='io']No, but I will try tomorow when I pick up Strikers. Another source is the frontlane PSP games at Best Buy that can be had for $5 after coupon - Neopets, Gunpey, stuff like that. I'll have to ask about those too.

Hopefully I can mix and match because I'd like to try Neopets and Harvest Moon DS tomorrow as a trial run.

Edit - OK, just called.

:psp:
Gunpey - $5
Neopets - $4

:ds:
Harvest Moon - $8
Monster Bomber - $1

So much for the "trade-in price is half of what the sell it for used" method :lol:
Neopets sells for $14.99 used, trades for about 1/4 of that.
Harvest Moon sells for $24.99, trades for $8, so 1/3 on that one.
Monster Bomber sells for $12.99, trades for $1, so 1/13 on that one!
Gunpey - no idea, nothing shows up at all on their web page.

I'd say the rule (so as not to be disappointed) is to go with 1/4 to 1/3 of the selling price in general. For the newest of the new release games, maybe the 1/2 thing works. But I never trade anything close to a new release in on these deals.

Guy on the phone had no idea about the promo - but guess what? It's up on the web page now - just as we've been told here, Sprung and Ping Pals are excluded, nothing specific for the PSP but both have the standard disclaimers (I see now that monkeydeew has included this in the OP - good, that ought to cut down on some of the repetitive questions that are sure to pop up!).[/quote]

Actually, my theory is NOT just 'cut the used price in half and that's your trade value'. Mine is 'cut the used price in half, then take off between $1-3 more dollars and THAT is your ballpark figure of what to expect'. And thus far, it's been pretty damned accurate on most trade values for me.

[quote name='Tsukento']As far as I'm aware, Edge should work as it's been used many times before with these sorts of promotions.[/QUOTE]

I used my edge card, but they applied it before the extra 10 per 2.

Yeah, that's how it usually goes. First the Edge bonus, then the extra $5 per game. Using io's post as an example, it would appear like this:

Harvest Moon DS - $13.80
SKU # - 1 @ $8.00
Discount: $0.80 GMR 10%
Bonus: $5 Promo #

[quote name='Tsukento']Yeah, that's how it usually goes. First the Edge bonus, then the extra $5 per game. Using io's post as an example, it would appear like this:

Harvest Moon DS - $13.80
SKU # - 1 @ $8.00
Discount: $0.80 GMR 10%
Bonus: $5 Promo #[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Last time I did any kind of bonus deal (last Fall I believe) it always applied the 10% to the total, including what they bumped up the trade prices by. But then they had to do it all manually and the Edge stacks on top of that (which is why, I suppose, they didn't want to take the Edge card with the trade 2 Wii deal even though they did it last time around more frequently). If this is an automatic promo then I could see them excluding it from the bonus. Oh well, that's only 50 cents per game anyway. But it will be nice if they apply it on the base price - I just hope their new refusal to even touch the card doesn't carry over from the last promo and into this one.

IAmTheCheapestGamer - I understand that... But I'm going to stick with the trade values being 1/4 of the used sale price (and even less in some cases). Then I won't be so disappointed ;). If it comes out to a bit more then that is a bonus.

I also can't believe anyone can find cheap stuff at Kmart any more. I figured those games would all be gone from the LAST bonus deal EB/GS had last summer/fall. There was slim pickins then, and nada there now... That's one reason why, although I started the Kmart thread, I hardly visit it any more. It is a disappointing wasteland to me now.

[quote name='primetime']Can you mix & match?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

On my way home I picked up Neopets (PSP) and Feel the Magic (DS) from KMart for $5 total, then stopped at Gamestop for $16 credit.

Anyone know how much Syphon Filter: DM, Daxter, or Guilty Gear Judgement get? The trade prices on wiki haven't been updated recently for those 3. I just called my store and they say they can't give them over the phone right now... and it's too far of a drive to be disappointed by their trade in prices.

[quote name='icedout297']Anyone know how much Syphon Filter: DM, Daxter, or Guilty Gear Judgement get? The trade prices on wiki haven't been updated recently for those 3. I just called my store and they say they can't give them over the phone right now... and it's too far of a drive to be disappointed by their trade in prices.[/quote]
Nvm. I just got ahold of a GS who could tell me. SF:DM is $6, Daxter is $7. For any of you who needed that info. He said he couldn't find Guilty Gear Judgement? Is it not in their system?

[quote name='icedout297']Nvm. I just got ahold of a GS who could tell me. SF:DM is $6, Daxter is $7. For any of you who needed that info. He said he couldn't find Guilty Gear Judgement? Is it not in their system?[/QUOTE]

Updated the wiki...

from what i've seen, any game u can get for 2-4 dollars from kmart flip pretty well (specially since they are 30% off on clearance games), and harvest moon ds (if u can get the best buy coupon to work) for 5. any others?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']any others?[/QUOTE]

Gunpey and Neopets (both PSP) if you can find frontlane versions ($9.99) at Best Buy AND use the coupons.

Here are some DS values before anything was added:

Tiger Woods PGA Tour (2005) - $2.00
Feel the Magic - $1.00
Rayman - $4.00
Asphalt: Urban GT - $1.00
Viewtiful Joe DT - $2.50
Texas Hold'em Poker Pack - $2.00
Metroid Prime Pinball - $2.00
True Swing Golf - $3.00

With the extra $10 for 2 and 10% edge bump these came out to $63.25 in credit.

hopefully this is as usefull as the trade 2 wii get 1 free. so far its pretty much impossible for me to make any use of this though considering i have no k mart near me and my best buy doesnt have front lane.:cry:

edit- i cant trade in anyway without a parent.....

looks like GS totally rapes you on trade ins, the GC deal was better back then where you get 50% more each 2 trade ins...

Bah to coupons.

I guess I could see what I want to get rid of in my DS collection...

Any idea what the web browser is worth?

For the record I went into EB today with 2 copies of Harvest Moon DS...

Harvest Moon: 10$ + 10% EDGE

Trade 2 get $10

Total Credit: $32.00

I don't know who said Harvest Moon was 8$, but I went in under the impression that was the value. I was pleasantly surprised to find out the value is actually 10$ before any EDGE or Bonus credit. I'll let you all do the math to figure out how awesome this is.

trace memory - $3
dragon quest rocket slime - $6
Spider man 2 - $2
Metoid Prime Pinball - $2
World Championship poker - $1
Polarium - $1.50

[quote name='varsitygamer']For the record I went into EB today with 2 copies of Harvest Moon DS...

Trade 2 get $10

Total Credit: $32.00

I don't know who said Harvest Moon was 8$, but I went in under the impression that was the value. I was pleasantly surprised to find out the value is actually 10$ before any EDGE or Bonus credit. I'll let you all do the math to figure out how awesome this is.[/quote]

so u basically made 22 dollars... WOW can someone PM me the Gamepro $5 off for BB?

bread's done
Back