Humble Bundle Thread

So, not to be a dick or anything, but why is Humble even having this Brandon Boyer thing? I went to read his gofundme site and he's exceeded his goal by $5,000. That means he should have more than enough to pay his medical providers, unless there's some aspect of this story I don't understand.

So, not to be a dick or anything, but why is Humble even having this Brandon Boyer thing? I went to read his gofundme site and he's exceeded his goal by $5,000. That means he should have more than enough to pay his medical providers, unless there's some aspect of this story I don't understand.
Metal poisoning...

He was kicked off his health insurance due to a pre-existing condition. Ongoing cancer treatment is very expensive without coverage, and any monies raised above the goal will go towards future medical bills.

He was kicked off his health insurance due to a pre-existing condition. Ongoing cancer treatment is very expensive without coverage, and any monies raised above the goal will go towards future medical bills.
Yep. Here's a cheapass pro-tip to save you money and maybe your life if you live in the US. New healthcare rules have made the pre-existing condition stuff better, but if a doctor asks you if the issue existed prior to 2014, and if you were uninsured at the time, you tell them you felt just great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Here's a cheapass pro-tip to save you money and maybe your life if you live in the US. New healthcare rules have made the pre-existing condition stuff better, but if a doctor asks you if the issue existed prior to 2014, and if you were uninsured at the time, you tell them you felt just great.
Better pro-tip: stop voting for Republicans who are in the pockets of Big Pharma and the health insurance "industry" and push for a single-payer system or universal Medicare.

Okay, that makes sense.

Better pro-tip: stop voting for POLITICIANS who are in the pockets of Big Pharma and the health insurance "industry" and push for a single-payer system or universal Medicare.

Okay, that makes sense.
Fixed that for you. Don't make this a partisan thing, both sides have their hands dirty. Getting us to squabble over party lines is how they distract us from calling out ALL of them on their bullshit. Red or blue, all they care about is green. Remember that.

The adventure company one was great.
It was disappointing because they put one of their best new games in the $15-tier (the Raven Trilogy). ;_;

It's already on sale at GOG right now for <$7.

Sega is a big publisher with a lot of IPs, and they put their crappiest games in a bundle.

I expect crap games from small/indie developers.
I think we're not disappointed because we knew about this bundle ahead of time. You're right, but still, Double Fine would get it, in my opinion.

It was disappointing because they put one of their best new games in the $15-tier (the Raven Trilogy). ;_;

It's already on sale at GOG right now for <$7.

I think we're not disappointed because we knew about this bundle ahead of time. You're right, but still, Double Fine would get it, in my opinion.
Well, a real CAG will never buy the third tier. NEVER.

The $6 tier was pretty great. I'm waiting for a MSRP drop on the Deluxe edition and 75% off before I buy The Raven.

Okay, pretend you work for Sega. What do you put in your company's Humble Bundle debut?
$1.00 tier (any 3 or 4 of these):

Binary Domain
Aliens V. Predator
Renegade Ops

Condemned

Crazxy Taxi

Space Channel 5 pt 2

Jet Set Radio
virtua Tennis 4

$5.00 tier:

Total War Shodun 2 +DLC

Warhammer Space Marine

Aliens Colonial Marine

$15 tier:

Sonic all stars racing transformed

or Company of Heroes 2

The $6 tier was pretty great. I'm waiting for a MSRP drop on the Deluxe edition and 75% off before I buy The Raven.
No worries, I didn't. But I am sad that it was held for ransom for that price. I'm still happy with the $6-tier though, was surprised at the lack of Steam keys for the $1-tier, guess there were a lot of obscure games.

I think both of those things are possible within the year, it's already 75% off at GOG this week.

I wish that was what actually happened. $15-tier is way too high for Sanic though, put it in the $6* (not $5) tier.

The $15-tier could have been Company of Heroes 2, or Shogun + DLC.

I'm really surprised Colonial Marines wasn't included. If it was, I'd imagine it'd be in $1 tier though instead of AvP.

By the way, Crazy Taxi and Space Channel got TERRIBLE ports (pretty much all Dreamcast Sega titles that got ported to PC around the same time, were ported terribly, Sonic Adventure 2 escaped that by being done much later). So meh, I could live with them not showing up.

Sonic Transformed is so much better than Typing of Dead or House of dead.

"Germans" sure are lucky :p
I've seen it on sale for $5 before and in the Sanic bundle Amazon just had, so I think TotD is the better deal. That said, I hate you for reminding me that I jumped on the BTA for the chance of getting both and nothing ever happened. ;_;

Still curious to see what happens when you access your bundle page on a German IP.

I've seen it on sale for $5 before and in the Sanic bundle Amazon just had, so I think TotD is the better deal. That said, I hate you for reminding me that I jumped on the BTA for the chance of getting both and nothing ever happened. ;_;

Still curious to see what happens when you access your bundle page on a German IP.
:(

Sega is a big publisher with a lot of IPs, and they put their crappiest games in a bundle.

I expect crap games from small/indie developers.
Well obviously they aren't going to put their top of the line/new games in a dirt cheap bundle. The big publishers have all used Humble for charity tax write-offs with their 'less loved' titles and/or pushed sequels by giving away the first few.

Well obviously they aren't going to put their top of the line/new games in a dirt cheap bundle. The big publishers have all used Humble for charity tax write-offs with their 'less loved' titles and/or pushed sequels by giving away the first few.
Yep. Sometimes it feels people seem to forget these are businesses we're dealing with and not Santa. Sure, every once in a while you get a company on the brink of failure who does give us the kitchen sink (THQ) but for the most part Humble is just an opportunity for good PR/tax write offs for these businesses. It makes no sense to put their newest, best games in for dirt cheap just because. If they really wanted to maximize charity donations they'd just milk those games as much as they could at full retail/lukewarm sale and donate some of the extra profits.

Plus TotD is a pretty recent game and good value in the second tier.

In addition, this one clearly seems to be pushing for DLC sales, as I'm positive every single item has DLC/expansions aside from arguably the Genesis collection and Alpha Protocol. Even the German replacement game Sanic Racing Transformed has DLC.

I know there wasn't an MSRP drop on the Deluxe Edition, but lookie what I found for 75% off.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/adventure/raven-legacy-master-thief-deluxe-season-pass/

Stacks with the 20% off promo if you throw in another $2.50 item. GOG version is still 75% off without any extra promos as well, but I'm not sure if it comes with the Deluxe bonuses.

Had no idea Nordic published it, huh. Learn something new every day.

New Humble Store Promo - Sega:

"50-80% off all Sega titles in the Humble Store for only 3 days"

• Total War: Rome II - $59.99 $29.99
  • Company of Heroes 2 - $39.99 $19.99
  • Sonic Racing Transformed$19.99 $4.99
  • Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $24.99
  • Dreamcast Collection - $29.99 $4.49 [customspoiler=includes]•Crazy Taxi
    •SEGA Bass Fishing
    •Sonic Adventure DX
    •Space Channel 5: Part 2[/customspoiler]
  • Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49
  • Warhammer: Space Marine - $29.99 $7.49
  • Jet Set Radio - $4.99 $1.24
  • Total War: Grandmaster Collection - $164.99 $41.24 [customspoiler=includes]•Rome: Total War inc. Barbarian Invasion
    •Rome: Total War Alexander
    •Medieval II: Total War
    •Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms
    •Empire: Total War
    •Empire: Total War - Elite Units of the West DLC
    •Empire: Total War - Elite Units of America DLC
    •Empire: Total War - Elite Units of the East DLC
    •Empire: Total War - Warpath Campaign
    •Empire: Total War - Special Forces DLC and Empire Pre-Order Units
    •Napoleon: Total War
    •Napoleon: Total War - Coalition Pack DLC
    •Napoleon: Total War - Heroes of The Napoleonic Wars DLC
    •Napoleon: Total War - Imperial Eagle Pack DLC
    •Napoleon: Total War - Peninsular Campaign DLC
    •Total War: Shogun 2
    •Total War: Shogun 2 - Ikko Ikki Clan Pack DLC
    •Total War: Shogun 2 - Sengoku Jidai Pack DLC
    •Total War: Shogun 2 - Rise Of The Samurai DLC
    •Total War: Shogun 2 - Hattori Clan Pack
    •Total War: Shogun 2 – Otomo Clan Pack
    •Total War: Shogun 2 - Dragon War Battle Pack
    •Total War: Shogun 2 - Saints and Heroes Pack
    •Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai
    •Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai - Obama Clan Pack
    •Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai - Tsu Clan Pack
    •Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai - Sendai Clan Pack
    •Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai - Saga Clan Pack
    •Total War Battles: Shogun
    •Viking: Battle For Asgard
    •Medieval II: Total War
    •Rome: Total War
    •Empire: Total War
    •Napoleon: Total War
    •Total War: Shogun 2
    •Viking: Battle of Asgard
    •Total war Battles: Shogun[/customspoiler]
  • Aliens Colonial Marines - $19.99 $9.99
  • Aliens Colonial Marines: Season Pass - $29.99 $9.99

Other Humble Store sales:

New Humble Store Promo - Sega:

50-80% off all Sega titles in the Humble Store for only 3 days

Rome II - $59.99 $29.99

Company of Heroes 2 - $39.99 $19.99

Sonic Racing Transformed - $19.99 $4.99

Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $24.99

Dreamcast Collection - $29.99 $4.49

Total War Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

Warhammer: Space Marine - $29.99 $7.49

Jet Set Radio - $4.99 $1.24

Total War: Grandmaster Collection - $164.99 $41.24

Aliens Colonial Marines - $19.99 $9.99

Aliens Colonial Marines: Season Pass - $29.99 $9.99
y u do dis. u not neuro

I think we might be primed for another HiB in the next 2 main releases. Got Popcap, sega, and another miscellaneous bundle out of the way. Not any of the older indies are on sale on the site either. 

Humble Bethesda Bundle
iAVAnzdJjaY9a.gif

I'd be cool with a Bethesda bundle. I never got to finish Rage so I'd pay to have the chance to do that. Haven't had the chance to play Skyrim so I'd definitely BTA if it was in there, even without the DLC. Hunted the Demon's Forge seems like it would be a solid game for co-op.

Realistically it'll be another bundle that I probably don't really want though.

bread's done
Back