Humble Bundle Thread

I was pretty sure I wouldn't want it given the leak, but now that we've got it confirmed, I can safely say

rainbow_star_vomit_by_terrabird7_d3n1u2y.png

I don't even remember eating half of that.

Well, this is a bummer. I know it's called the Humble Origin Bundle, but you'd think they'd throw a bone and give us at least one Steam game in the second week.  :(

Interestingly, Wing Commander III and Sim City 2000 didn't create duplicate copies in my library. I guess they fixed that.
It did tag them as "new" for me.

Actually, if you right click on the games and click on "View Game Details", you'll see today's date instead of whenever you got the free game. So... I think this actually removed our earlier free copies from our accounts and replaced them with new ones.

It did tag them as "new" for me.

Actually, if you right click on the games and click on "View Game Details", you'll see today's date instead of whenever you got the free game. So... I think this actually removed our earlier free copies from our accounts and replaced them with new ones.
The bastards!

Also, why does Origin update everytime I open it? Its updated twice today.

Edit: So I checked and sure enough, they now have 'New' on them. Whats really weird is that they didn't have the New tag at first.

Last edited by a moderator:
11:39 AM - Foxhack: too bad I already own wing commander 3+4...
11:39 AM - Foxhack: on gog...
11:39 AM - Foxhack: and on disc...
11:40 AM - spoderman: lmao
11:40 AM - Foxhack: I even own Wing Commander IV on -DVD-

ToasterNet definitely welcomes you to our program.
I've been buying physical games since 2002/3. :p

I had to get rid of a ton of my collection at one point... and was forced to throw out lots of boxes at another. If only it wasn't for that...

The last PC game I bought was Cryostasis, because it was free with some other console junk I wanted from GameStop at the time.

Yep, there was actually a time when GameStop gave away free retail PC games for buying other games. I think it was more of an exploit than a promotion, but they honored all of my purchases and I ended up with 10 or so random, cheap games and 10 copies of Two Worlds Epic Edition. I still have 4-5 of them that I can't even give away.

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Multiplayer Mayhem:

• Primal Carnage
  • God Mode
  • Boid (Early Access)
Beat the Average for:

• Chariot
  • Blade Symphony + Soundtrack
  • GoD Factory: Wingmen
Pay $10 or more for:

• Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox (Early Access)

Despite owning none of these games, and the BTA being relatively low, this is a pretty skip-able bundle for me. I'm just not a big multi-play fan. And half of these games are mulit-play only, so screw that.

I do have some interest in Chariot, but not $4 interest. I'll wait until it hits the dollar tier in a few months.

Ew. The BTA tier is too much just to get Chariot and GoD Wing Factory. This is an easy pass. 

C'mon Tremor, hook me up!

Oh...

I've been so busy refreshing tabs to get a good price that I neglected to notice it's all multiplayer crap. I had Chariot on my wishlist, but I've picked up the rest of that stuff through various bundles.

The lowest BTA I saw was $3.68... quite a while after launch.

Then I dropped a Hamilton for charity (and Homebrew: Vehicle Sandbox).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74a4Atisk5g

And half of these games are mulit-play only, so screw that.
And when the player-base moves on from these multiplayer-only games, these become dead-multi-only games.

No idea what the state of these games are like now, but just looking at the first in the list (Primal Carnage), it seems they already have a patch update that will fix problems paid sequel that is cannibalising their own playerbase (Primal Carnage Extinction).. just nope.

And when the player-base moves on from these multiplayer-only games, these become dead-multi-only games.

No idea what the state of these games are like now, but just looking at the first in the list (Primal Carnage), it seems they already have a patch update that will fix problems paid sequel that is cannibalising their own playerbase (Primal Carnage Extinction).. just nope.
A few people play GoD Factory wingmen, but it's near-dead and the dev is desperately hoping that they'll get enough new players to stabilize the community. Chariot isn't at any risk because it's local MP only, but it does have a singleplayer mode which seems ok. It's probably not worth buying the bundle for Chariot alone though.

I went in on the base level for God Mode mainly - Primal Carnage might be fun. And if the MP world is dead, that's OK, I'll just go back to SW:TOR :)

It's a big sale.  I'm just going to highlight a few things on a decent discount.

Carmageddon Reincarnation - $15 (50% off)  This is the same as the kickstarter price.  It's been in EA for a year, releases in a month.  Also pre-order bonus is Carmageddon 1, 2, & and that other one.  It's by the original team, playing EA a while back... yep had that Carmageddon feeling.   :whee:

header.jpg

Skydrift - $1.50 (85%) ... it's been in a couple bundles but it's a surprisingly good flying cart racer, good in solo, shines in MP.

header.jpg

Other notables are Race the Sun, F1 2013 Classic Edition, and the SimBin pack.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the featured games on deeper discounts (I have enough on my hands atm to keep me on the streets and outta jail.)

Joe Danger is at a historical low of $3 (and still unbundled), but it's probably a trap.

Edit: Credit to Spoder for pointing this out to me.

Hmm - God Mode is fun...but yeah, very few other players online. Each match consisted of me waiting about 5 minutes, and having 1 person joining. Primal Carnage is fun as well - definitely a larger player base than GM.

bread's done
Back