I need a price check...on biOTTches

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='AngellicLulu']High five!
I love that game. Hard mode is a bitch though.[/quote]

havent gotten that far yet. just played through easy mode now frosty's doin it.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']The trick is, you have to give them something for a gift. LAME! ;)

Ok, so i'm just jealous that I didn't get fudge.[/quote]

i told you, if you want fudge, you're more than welcome to take a day trip and come get some. in retrospect, i shoulda sent some with frosty. thurs-fri he was up in ithica seein his mom in the hospital. he went right through 'cuse.

[quote name='Moxio']I have a terrible feeling that SSBB will be nothing more than SSBM 1.5.

I may pick up a Wii if I am proven wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'm greatly confused how it would not be that.

It's not like they are adding in a tag system or something.

Temp, there's no reason to hate on games that use colors outside of the black-brown-green spectrums.

[quote name='Moxio']I have a terrible feeling that SSBB will be nothing more than SSBM 1.5.

I may pick up a Wii if I am proven wrong.[/QUOTE]

Online play will make up for that. I can't wait to get that game.

Everything about Dirty Harry is money. I need this shit on blu-ray. If they made like a "crime" set with this and The French Connection, that would be "abap" as you kids would call it.

[quote name='Maklershed']I want more crunchy peanut butter things and fudge! :bouncy:[/quote]

:roll: and you all wonder why i didnt send more.:booty:

maybe next year, if my job is paying more and i can afford it, i'll send boxes of cookies/fudge to all the OTTers.

[quote name='Chika']i told you, if you want fudge, you're more than welcome to take a day trip and come get some. in retrospect, i shoulda sent some with frosty. thurs-fri he was up in ithica seein his mom in the hospital. he went right through 'cuse.[/quote]

He went through Syracuse to get to Ithaca? What did he do, go up and then down again?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']What's boom boom rocket?[/quote]

a 360 arcade game. kinda like guitar hero but with the regular controller. or parappa the rapper.

[quote name='Chika']maybe next year you'll get an christmukkadan gift.[/QUOTE]
*knocks on wood*

Unrelated:
1193340943260zz0.gif

:shock:

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yes, thank god for that endless supply of cutesy nintendo games. Where would we be without them :roll:.[/QUOTE]
Not having as much fun as I am now thats for serious! Someday maybe you'll drink from the cup, but don't force yourself; if you drink before you are ready, the sweet nectar will be rancid and bitter and your lymph nodes will simultaneously explode in a tune similar to the opening song of Beverly Hills Cop.

[quote name='Strell']I'm greatly confused how it would not be that.

It's not like they are adding in a tag system or something.

Temp, there's no reason to hate on games that use colors outside of the black-brown-green spectrums.[/quote]

It's not the colors that bother me. More like the character design and voices...and maybe the music too.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']He went through Syracuse to get to Ithaca? What did he do, go up and then down again?[/quote]

nah he didn't go through 'cuse to get to ithica, while he was there he was supposed to go meet up with one of his buddies that lives there now.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Can I has?[/quote]

i dunno, it came free on our 360, which makes me think you should be able to get it free, if only the demo.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']It's not the colors that bother me. More like the character design and voices...and maybe the music too.[/QUOTE]

Pretending a subjective claim is equivalent to a blanket damnation on an entire system is really cheesy.

There's not much reason to try and debate this. I will say there are some games that high way, way too close to the cutesy-bone, but that's minimal at best and includes games like Yoshi's Story, which was on the N64. Meanwhile, Metroid, Zelda, and Mario all have very exquisite art styles, great music, and run the gamut from cute to weird to mature, to say nothing of a good slew of other games.

You're hitting on an argument that saw its heydey with the N64, and is akin to saying "The 360 has nothing but shooters."

[quote name='crystalklear64']Not having as much fun as I am now thats for serious! Someday maybe you'll drink from the cup, but don't force yourself; if you drink before you are ready, the sweet nectar will be rancid and bitter and your lymph nodes will simultaneously explode in a tune similar to the opening song of Beverly Hills Cop.[/QUOTE]

It is called Axl F.

[quote name='Strell']I'm greatly confused how it would not be that.

It's not like they are adding in a tag system or something.[/QUOTE]

What I mean is that everything will be virtually the same, with a couple of new characters added in. Same moves, poorly upgraded environments, weak new items, stuff like that.

Maybe I should have said SSBM 1.25.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']WHAT?! How did you get it free?!

Anyway, I don't have 800 points. Only 625. I spent them all changing my GT.[/quote]

when you get a 360Arcade it comes with a disc that has PacMan, BoomBoom Rocket, and a bunch of demos (since the arcade doesn't have a hdd you can't dl all the demos etc). you should atleast be able to dl the demo free to see if you like it.

anyone gonna send that COD invite?

[quote name='Strell']Pretending a subjective claim is equivalent to a blanket damnation on an entire system is really cheesy.

There's not much reason to try and debate this. I will say there are some games that high way, way too close to the cutesy-bone, but that's minimal at best and includes games like Yoshi's Story, which was on the N64. Meanwhile, Metroid, Zelda, and Mario all have very exquisite art styles, great music, and run the gamut from cute to weird to mature, to say nothing of a good slew of other games.

You're hitting on an argument that saw its heydey with the N64, and is akin to saying "The 360 has nothing but shooters."[/quote]

Uhhhhh....well.....ok. I mean, ya know, it's just not my style is all. It's a good system if you like that sort of stuff and a bad one if you don't, just like any other system.

[quote name='Moxio']What I mean is that everything will be virtually the same, with a couple of new characters added in. Same moves, poorly upgraded environments, weak new items, stuff like that.

Maybe I should have said SSBM 1.25.[/QUOTE]

Well there are some changed moves for established characters, new characters, new items, final smashes, online, new additions like the music selector/coin trophy shooter mini-game, co-op for various things/events, and some new gameplay mechanics. There's probably more I'm not remembering to include.

But even then it's debatable.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']a bad one if you don't, just like any other system.[/QUOTE]

No, it's a bad one to you. It's not a bad system.

There is a difference.

I don't care for a lot of the big name games out these days that are popular. But I don't call them bad games because my subjective nature precludes my attraction to them.

Rocko, I most likely will be available within...30 minutes to an hour. Trying to get gf to get to sleep - she's sick. I've been watching her all day and just finished making us dinner (and eating it).

[quote name='Strell']Well there are some changed moves for established characters, new characters, new items, final smashes, online, new additions like the music selector/coin trophy shooter mini-game, co-op for various things/events, and some new gameplay mechanics. There's probably more I'm not remembering to include.

But even then it's debatable.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me: are they still doing that update-everyday thing on Smashdojo?

[quote name='Strell']No, it's a bad one to you. It's not a bad system.

There is a difference.

I don't care for a lot of the big name games out these days that are popular. But I don't call them bad games because my subjective nature precludes my attraction to them.

Rocko, I most likely will be available within...30 minutes to an hour. Trying to get gf to get to sleep - she's sick. I've been watching her all day and just finished making us dinner (and eating it).[/quote]

That's what I said. It's a good one if you, you meaning anyone, like it and a bad one if you don't, and i'm speaking from one person's perspective, not on the system as a whole.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I really have been gone for too long. When the bloody hell did you get a 360, Strell?[/quote]

Well, ya see last week in hell the temperature reached 32 degrees farenheit.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Who's organizing the party here? WE NEED A LEADER![/quote]

this is the OTT. the correct answer is always your mom.

Finished looking through the emails in AC. Some interesting news bits about the world, such as
videogames causing all the movie studios in the US to die off. :lol:

Mox: Yes, but since they have been on break since...over a week ago for the holidays, and are supposed to resume on the 7th or 8th. Most likely the 7th. They might stop after the game gets released in Japan.

Sir HumanSnatcher, hello there. The 360 was a Christmas gift from my parents. I've been playing it every day since then, but wubb and Mox are giving me shit about it since all I'm doing is playing XBLA games (Catan and Castlevania).

I might be able to jump into CoD4 in about 15-20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back