I thOughTT we agreed to nOTT use "otta" in the title of the OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Tiph's got medical aspirations. heh. no, but seriously, he wants to do something in medical, maybe radiology, but he's probably got to pass all sorts of general medical tests first?[/quote]

I haven't even looked into the tests, really, at least not in detail. :lol: But yeah, I'd like a job in the hospital while I'm working on a Rad Tech degree.

[quote name='Hex']Yeah, obviously the Heimlich would be the first step, but my question presumes that abdominal thrusts were ineffective. ;)

Okay, that's what I figured.. At the moment I'm looking into EMT service on account that to be the Unit Assistant (in orthopedics) you've got to go through a Nursing Assistant course, and even then apparently it's kind of a secretary job. I'd like to be in on the action, albeit not on the ambulance, but rather in the ER.

Do hospitals usually offer tuition reimbursement?

I read most of a textbook on ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) last night. It just came to me when I woke up, I guess. :lol:[/quote]
i've taken ACLS and BLS and first responder, etc. i was an ocean lifeguard, and to do that you need all of those certs in addition to basic lifeguarding.

The hospitals that I have worked for are all nonprofits, as are all hospitals in the North East. Once you get into the South East (Florida in particular) there are for-profit hospitals. I'm not sure about your area. Hospitals that are for-profit often offer different benefits than nonprofits. The ones i've worked at offer tuition reimbursement at a MAXIMUM of like $1000/ year which is more or less one class per trimester at the local community college (which is the cheapest community college in the country) $1000/year wouldn't have paid for 1 class/year at my college, since it was $595/credit if you were part time.

for senior management, they usually work on an employment contract. if you're senior management, you can have tuition reimbursement written into your contract. For example, one of the senior mgr's went for his PhD while working at the hospital, and since he got his PhD, has been promoted to Vice President for outpatient psych services.

there are also usually restrictions with tuition reimbursement, such as you must be an employee for 1 yr before being eligible for the program, you must sign a contract saying you'll work for the hospital for at least 1 additional year per $1000 reimbursed.

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']i've taken ACLS and BLS and first responder, etc. i was an ocean lifeguard, and to do that you need all of those certs in addition to basic lifeguarding.

The hospitals that I have worked for are all nonprofits, as are all hospitals in the North East. Once you get into the South East (Florida in particular) there are for-profit hospitals. I'm not sure about your area. Hospitals that are for-profit often offer different benefits than nonprofits. The ones i've worked at offer tuition reimbursement at a MAXIMUM of like $1000/ year which is more or less one class per trimester at the local community college (which is the cheapest community college in the country) $1000/year wouldn't have paid for 1 class/year at my college, since it was $595/credit if you were part time.

for senior management, they usually work on an employment contract. if you're senior management, you can have tuition reimbursement written into your contract. For example, one of the senior mgr's went for his PhD while working at the hospital, and since he got his PhD, has been promoted to Vice President for outpatient psych services.

there are also usually restrictions with tuition reimbursement, such as you must be an employee for 1 yr before being eligible for the program, you must sign a contract saying you'll work for the hospital for at least 1 additional year per $1000 reimbursed.[/quote]
I'd like to take both but don't have the money to do so atm. Sad thing was, like I said yesterday some of the ACLS stuff was review, at least the basic stuff. :lol: Apparently EMTs need BLS, Paramedics need ALS(I'm sure ACLS is a benefit)... I'd kinda want B and ALS but just stick to the ER.

I'm pretty sure PVHS (Poudre Valley Health Systems) is a for-profit system. That sucks that they don't offer much reimbursement... I asked my mother about taking ACLS last night, and she said that if you work for the hospital and take, say the EMT course, ACLS, etc the hospital will pay for it. So I guess that means they do reimburse you?

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Time to sell the firearms. :whistle2:#[/quote]
:lol: I've considered that, but nobody in town is accepting cash (they only do store credit) and I'd get maybe $700 out of them all, since shops pay SHIT then turn around and sell them for like twice the fukken value. I paid $300 for my shotgun and added upgrades that cost about $100, never fired it but they bought it for $150. I bought my single-shot H&R from the same shop for $350 without a scope, shot it ten times, and sold it back to them, with my nice scope, for $250.

I saw the shotgun on the rack for $525 and the rifle for $450.

yeah. :cry: I'm tempted to sell my old rifles for some credit and get my shotgun back. My entire collection is worth at least $1800.

[quote name='seanr1221']I havn't shaved in 4 weeks, I think it's time to today, I just don't know what to do with it.[/QUOTE]
Just don't copy mine.

[quote name='seanr1221']I havn't shaved in 4 weeks, I think it's time to today, I just don't know what to do with it.[/QUOTE]

I have to ask, why are you playing such shitty games as the ones in your sig? :lol:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I have to ask, why are you playing such shitty games as the ones in your sig? :lol:[/quote]

That's what I noticed after he posted... The fukken GUY GAME?

For shame. :nottalking:

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']I dunno, Taco Bell is pretty delicious.[/QUOTE]
I bought a taco last night, and it had a fucking ice cube in it.

[quote name='Brak']I bought a taco last night, and it had a fucking ice cube in it.[/QUOTE]

Look on the bright side, at least it wasn't a finger nail...or a finger.

[quote name='Hex']Hate to say it, but old as intarbutts. Very interesting, though.

Same artist did the South Park kids animu style.[/QUOTE]

S'ok. I don't miss a chance to annoy Brak.

[quote name='DT778']online is unplayable.[/QUOTE]
I don't really care about online. I almost never play sports titles online cause I'm so bad at them anyway.

Has anyone here tried "SaySwap.com" yet? I was thinking of giving it a go but it's confusing as hell. Gotta have so many points and tokens and blah blah blah.

[quote name='Brak']That project would have been funnier if the implementation was of higher quality.[/QUOTE]

It's anime. And beyond that, fanmade anime.

There's no such thing as high quality anime.

[quote name='Strell']It's anime. And beyond that, fanmade anime.

There's no such thing as high quality anime.[/quote]
sorry for the randoness but....

OWN3D

lol, jk.

[quote name='Hex']I'd like to take both but don't have the money to do so atm. Sad thing was, like I said yesterday some of the ACLS stuff was review, at least the basic stuff. :lol: Apparently EMTs need BLS, Paramedics need ALS(I'm sure ACLS is a benefit)... I'd kinda want B and ALS but just stick to the ER.

I'm pretty sure PVHS (Poudre Valley Health Systems) is a for-profit system. That sucks that they don't offer much reimbursement... I asked my mother about taking ACLS last night, and she said that if you work for the hospital and take, say the EMT course, ACLS, etc the hospital will pay for it. So I guess that means they do reimburse you?[/quote]

ALS and ACLS are offered inhouse at most hospitals for employees. there is usually an education department or staff development office or something like that, and the people who work in the dept have ACLS teacher certs (which isn't very difficult). The courses are usually offered like a half hour after the end of each shift so it's easy for people to attend. I worked for the director of education at one hospital, and through that they did all of the nursing specialty certifications, annual skill evaluations, CPR, ACLS, AED, etc. You sign up and pay like a 5 or 10 deposit, when you show up you get it back. because it's offered in house, all you have to do is pay the like $5 fee to American Heart Association or the Red Cross (or whatever agency) to get your card mailed to you.

[quote name='seanr1221']Hah the currently playing thing in my sig is a joke :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sure.... It's okay, we all know you got them for cheap ;)

Well, Graystone, I finally ate at The Flying Pizza. It was as good as you advertised. I ordered 2 slices of cheese pizza and a small cup of Sprite- only 60 cents, it was small but I don't drink much soda anyway so the price was definitely right. The pizza was right out of the oven when they served it to me. Boy was it fresh, and you could tell they used good-quality ingredients. It was very tasty and it was really filling, moreso than pretty much any pizza I've had. I didn't even finish the second slice because I was full.

I went there at an off-time too, at 2:15PM, and there were still many people coming in to get some lunch. The staff, only the main old guy who was making the pizza and a young black woman, was extremely friendly and thanked me for coming in. I was looking for a tip cup as they deserved it for the great food and service, but I didn't see any. For $4.60 (they didn't charge tax even though I ate in!) it was a great lunch (they give you free soda if you stop in for lunch during the weekday and order 2 slices, so it's only $4 during the week) and I will definitely be returning again. The individual slices are more expensive (by like 30 cents each) than the pizza shop across the street from me, but they are worth the price and the longer walk. Thanks for the recommendation, Graystone.

Just finished giving the dog a bath since he decided he wanted to dig in the backyard. I can't wait for spring so I can plant grass seed everywhere so we can safely let him out without him getting covered in red Georgia clay.

Bought a router- got the one Strell mentioned, but with "speedbooster" because that one and the non-speedbooster cost the same.

So maybe I payed a little extra, but oh well, if it works it's worth it.

Now to see if I can get this shit to work. *crosses fingers*

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Bought a router- got the one Strell mentioned, but with "speedbooster" because that one and the non-speedbooster cost the same.

So maybe I payed a little extra, but oh well, if it works it's worth it.

Now to see if I can get this shit to work. *crosses fingers*[/quote]

And..... :O

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Bought a router- got the one Strell mentioned, but with "speedbooster" because that one and the non-speedbooster cost the same.[/quote]

Since you got it at the same price as the non-"speedbooster" model, that's good. However, unless you have the correct "speedbooster" wireless card for devices connecting to the router, the "speedbooster" won't work. Definitely won't work with a Wii or DS, but since you can choose the kind of card your PC/laptop will use, you can gain some benefit there.

[quote name='Dkellar']Just finished giving the dog a bath since he decided he wanted to dig in the backyard. I can't wait for spring so I can plant grass seed everywhere so we can safely let him out without him getting covered in red Georgia clay.[/QUOTE]
Good luck getting grass to grow with a dog around...

Well apparantly it's working since the wires are all re-connected and I'm here. This is good news.

Now I have the option of:

Add An Additional Computer To This Network

and

Install a Device (Add a Linksys or Non Linksys device to your computer)

Which one of these would I choose to add my Wii? Computer? But the Wii isn't a computer, it's a device. Hmm.

You don't need to configure anything. Just plug in the cable and test out the connection inside the Wii's menus.

That'd be what I'd do.

Alright then, I'll just plug it in and see how we go.

Edit: Connections test was successful, and now I'm downloading system updates. I believe this signifies success.

Hot damn! Now I'm downloading the news channel.

Gotta pull up my friend code and post it to be added to friends lists galore!

To Strell's FAQ!

[quote name='Dkellar']Just finished giving the dog a bath since he decided he wanted to dig in the backyard. I can't wait for spring so I can plant grass seed everywhere so we can safely let him out without him getting covered in red Georgia clay.[/quote]
Have I asked you what type of dog? pics? Our back yard is fenced and grassy, but he still manages to come inside covered in god knows what. probably his own shit :roll:

We took ours to the vet to have his party hat removed. he has a deformed, hairless ear now with about 10 neon pink stitches. apparently he had an allergic reaction to the adhesive on the tape used to tape up his ears and they're all red and the remaining hair on the edge is coming out in clumps. lol. i feel bad for him, but at teh same time, it's soooo funny! The vet said the irritation would go away by the end of the night now that the adhesive is off.

Gods damn. Canned Heat on Sweatin' in Elite Beat Agents is making me want to snap my stylus in half. Such an annoyingly hard song.

[quote name='karsh']Gods damn. Canned Heat on Sweatin' in Elite Beat Agents is making me want to snap my stylus in half. Such an annoyingly hard song.[/quote]

I found that game to be difficult to begin with. :whistle2:#

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I found that game to be difficult to begin with. :whistle2:#[/quote]

Yeah, it is. It took me forever to beat the first difficulty level and then forever again to beat the second. I've been stuck for the longest time now on just beating Canned Heat now.

I need to pick up EBA sometime at BB with my 10 dollar RZ coupon.

Today we bought a 37" LCD HDTV. It is beautiful.

Edit: Oh man. I should bring my Wii out and try Zelda on this thing.

So so pretty.

Edit: Gonna pick up SM64 and aLttP on the VC in a sec here- also considering Ristar. Looking for a fun platformer. Sonic I have on the PS2 and Toejam & Earl looks meh. And I ealready bought Gunstar. Good choice?

[quote name='CitizenB']Those are the times when you don't want to be around yourself.[/quote]

Turns out it was just a precursor of great things to come

BORED BORED BORED!!!!!

Man I am one month away from graduation....stupid college loans and there stupid, "oh well pay us back all that money we gave you. Oh and by the way you are no our slave for the next 52 years" Bastards!

I am within the average of student loans, around 22k and the average is 24 I believe and on my payment book its says if I by the minimal( though i plan on paying more than that a month) it will take me 52 years to pay it back.

4 Years in exchange for 52! BRILLIANT!

Man....college better be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back